I don't get it...

I don't get it. Why would you ever use standalones when this can do dozens of emulators in one and with a ton of extra features over standalone?

Attached: retroarch1.jpg (460x215, 31.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x0weL5XDpPs?t=471
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i cant even have it to run dino crisis

UI is fucking dogshit if you want to tweak things for certain games. Just menu slides after menu after menu slides.

Works on my machine.

There are like half a dozen UI options and they are all great. You have to remember RetroArch is supporting 100+ cores and has way, way more options and customization that standalone. You learn it once and then you're good for six gens of gaming.

>Kills the best PSX emulator in your path

It's kind of useless for 6th gen and later consoles. Standalones just work better for them.

Because I've been using standalones forever and changing takes work that I don't want to put in. No, Retroarch will not be more convenient for me. No, I don't care about runahead or your shaders.

Because only the cores for the major consoles are any good.

Any other core is there just to pad out the # of emulatable devices" count on their website and for brownie points of the person that """maintains""" it. Most are horribly out of date and are barely functional in the first place.

Dolphin has less stutter and smoother transitions into and out of fast-forward for me than standalone, and it's also easier to set per-game settings (on Dolphin you can, but have to edit a file with a bunch of specific text codes)

The main downside is that Dolphin in RetroArch inexplicably doesn't include the disable dual-core option that is necessary to make certain Wii games (like Contra Rebirth) run, and also you can't configure complex Wii motion controls beyond cursor movement, shaking, and rolls.

Only good for CRT shaders in older games.

>tfw using both standalones and Retroarch
>being an idort amongst silly console warring children

Attached: 1643290370753.png (800x800, 597.26K)

For me its all the useless junk files and size it has, also like %90 of the time I've tried to use it on my modded consoles, it either did not fucking work, or the cores were slow as fuck and/or felt like they were held together with tape.

This same user is the one posting pcsx2 hate

How? I've never had a problem with PS1 or Dreamcast

Because retards are so stupid they get filtered by a UI. Morons would rather have a casualized menu over a breadth of options

KAZUMI

Attached: 36AA1E5D-1987-4002-A1F4-1EFB8A2A57E9.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

Having too many games to play prevent most people from actually playing them.

The classic paradox of choice.

Give people too many options and they get indecisive. Give people too little options and they bitch they don't have enough to choose from.

This is why buying game bundles, downloading a shit ton of ROMs/ISOs at a time, and having a backlog is a horrible idea. Just download or buy one game at a time you really want to play.

I could play Dino Crisis on it right now but I don't want to

>making the same thread AGAIN

What kind of mental illness is this?

It's Yea Forums culture.

Why is it that anti-RetroArch posters always reveal themselves as tech-incompetent retards?

What game this?

This is why I only add few games to favorites and play these

No clue but as emulation brainlet I liked how easy Retroarch was to use, and it did everything I needed it to

Attached: bunny1.jpg (297x303, 24.2K)

Because it has issues up the ass.

>PPSSPP works with most games but metal slug anthology doesn't even work
>Changing drivers does jack shit

I want to Play house of the dead ports on Wii with a mouse. Is it possible.

Or mame versions?

I cant find the options for anything I need, there is way to much stuff I don't care about that I have to go through to even find the stuff I want to change.

Also I would only use it for 5th gen CRT filters since I can't find any for standalone emus

Attached: 1613356856726.png (288x288, 59.68K)

retroarch can run in software mode?

don't see how the UI criticism has anything to do with tech-incompetence
it's clearly designed to be used with a controller on a console, whereas a PC UI would be easier to use and more efficient with the usual navbar with drop-down menus launching specific dialogue boxes for settings etc., the same way literally every other emulator (and literally every other program) on PC does it
the current UI should be limited to console implementations, and an actual PC interface should be the standard
as it stands, it's inefficient, annoying, and more suited to a d-pad than a mouse

Centralization only bring problems.

bloat

Over engineered garbage is still garbage

Every single time with you stupid incompetent lying fucks.

First of all, YOU'RE A FUCKING SHIT FOR BRAINS.

Second of all, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING THE ANTHOLOGY VERSION ON PSP??? IT'S LITERALLY JUST A FUCKING SHITTY VERSION WITH MORE INPUT LAG AND NO OPTION TO REMOVE SLOWDOWN. Fucking hell, you're a fucking retard.

Attached: WORKS ON MY MACHINE YOU FUCKING IDIOT.png (1598x981, 1.61M)

Because the UI, which is pretty much all it is, is purge fucking garbage.

How the fuck do you play OpenLara on Retroarch

There is a desktop UI you stupid fucks

Are you mad people won't shill/use your shitty emulator? Poor baby

>WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING THE ANTHOLOGY VERSION ON PSP??? IT'S LITERALLY JUST A FUCKING SHITTY VERSION WITH MORE INPUT LAG AND NO OPTION TO REMOVE SLOWDOWN

Well I can't get mame running.

Also what driver did you use.

Why would I download and install and set up a new program when I've got programs that do all it does already set up just fine?

Why do you make the same thread multiple times a day when you just get btfo every time? Hoping to run into retards who won't point out obvious flaws like outdated cores and dogshit UI?

Basically this.
Retroarch requires every emulator to conform to its API (obviously). For simple cases like a SNES emulator, it's better than running standalone.
With later consoles, where you start needing to worry about hardware accelerated rendering, networking (and features like GC->GBA interop), and funky alternate input devices, the standalone emulators make more sense.

Attached: 42E95B20-94BA-4A6C-A99B-DCCA75F6D1DF.jpg (1600x1080, 1.09M)

I know there is, and that's shit too, it also doesn't have everything the other UI has.

Valis!

Attached: 90C3F6B0-2EDE-4CE8-824A-59EE913EADD8.png (1920x1080, 2.53M)

you mean this bloat?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 173.41K)

Attached: C2A22985-A0AE-4843-917A-C05ED55A2F22.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

No reason to use MAME for Metal Slug. Use FB Neo for Metal Slug 1-5. Flycast (NAOMI) for Metal Slug 6. Metal Slug 7/XX requires DS and PSP respectively but you are better off just playing the Steam version.

Get necessary bios (check in core management, it literally tells you whether it's detected, and how to name it and where to put it), set CPU overclock to 400% to remove slowdown in Metal Slug (may occasionally cause timing errors or other issues in other games, so you can save this only for Metal Slug games if you want). Enter the soft dip through service menu (can set a button combo in core options > diagonostic input) and you can adjust settings such as blood, lives, etc.

Metal Slug 6 requires you to enter the debug menu to enable blood which is a pain in the ass, or you can get the Dreamcast version, which inexplicably gives you 14 lives with no way to change it.

>binding hotkeys and controls
>THIS IS LE BLOAT!!!
kill yourself retard

Attached: B51DF002-978E-4BB2-8A13-EF37F2FC2F30.png (1196x896, 1.92M)

who doesn't like dithering?

Attached: lgan45a9BZ1qbzzgco1_1280.gif (764x828, 59.34K)

Attached: 616A5BD6-1258-46F1-9FEC-6DE314D79206.png (1794x1344, 3.66M)

SOUL

Attached: njc.png (1528x1048, 287.31K)

>binding hotkeys and controls
>not bloat
Open Disc Tray: (Key: O)
Reload OS Kernel: (Key: R)
Initialize Soda Dispenser: (Key: F9)
Deploy Airbags: (Key: PrtSc)
Reticulate Splines: (Key: ^)
Add More Bloat: (Key: Shift+Alt+Ins)
Cry More: (Key: Return)

Attached: 0BD45A3A-E96F-4739-9654-90C66A52CC02.jpg (1536x2048, 855.31K)

Here's why filters can be a good thing:
youtu.be/x0weL5XDpPs?t=471

Attached: 75EED9D4-0325-40BF-AFA8-1D6355F3D9E4.png (1440x960, 1.38M)

Can't get it to run a single Saturn game for some reason. Tried every core available too.

>RetroArch is ba-

Attached: Metal Slug 3.webm (800x450, 1.03M)

Attached: F9B80A4C-919D-4FB2-8E60-3CB3738B9884.png (1280x960, 1.83M)

mine seems too dark

Attached: Earthworm Jim (U) [!]-220415-123205.png (1920x1440, 3.21M)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT'S NOT WHAT THE DEVS INTENDED AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 2893273F-AEB4-491A-9B64-975A7AA73199.png (1280x960, 1.89M)

Attached: 901D72F7-4AA1-4A2F-99F1-0A2032A692B2.png (1196x896, 1.91M)

Old Emulators
>Find rom folder
>configure controls
>play

Retroarch
>find roms
>download core
>set up controls
>spend 30 minutes adjusting random settings
>play

>constantly gets criticized for having a poor interface
>devs seem to agree and keep taking steps to improve it
>certain users still aggressively defend the interface and put down anyone who dares to criticize it
why

Why Konami have yet to do a proper remaster in HD of SotN?

Attached: 56D27601-B053-42CF-BC61-3B3ADF8FAD52.png (1172x896, 1.71M)

same, unfortunately had problems with most of the emulators I could find
currently use a combo of:
>Kronos
>SSF R26
>yabasanshiro2
and
>yabause
just trial and error to get various games to work and look right

This. Standalone emulators are much better than memearch

It doesn't have a poor interface. There are like half a dozen UI options and they are all great. You have to remember RetroArch is supporting 100+ cores and has way, way more options and customization that standalone. You learn it once and then you're good for six gens of gaming.

Almost correct, just take the
>play
out of the Retroarch checklist. Setting up the cores and shaders is the gameplay for retrotards

Attached: 9C5E46C4-21D2-4861-9A61-4CE277425850.png (1172x896, 1.83M)

Why are mame files for obviously huge games less than a megabyte sometimes? Freaks me out.

Attached: 47D3DD47-702E-43E6-A68E-827FFEBBC06E.png (1172x896, 1.92M)

Literally every single game works fine with Beetle Saturn. Why are you retards lying again?

>emulating Sonic CD
>when it got a really good port that even has widescreen

Attached: 1329250042765.jpg (256x276, 21.33K)

Has the desktop interface been updated to where you can actually do everything from it now? Used to be limited and you still had to go back to the default one for some things. And do you still have a separate menu with different options that you can only bring up after loading a game?

Zoomers are truly are the most braindead zombie generation; look how many are so completely incapable of even performing the most basic of tasks. They literally live in the age of infinite information where anything is just a click away and troubleshooting takes just as long as it takes to type your question into a search engine, and yet they STILL insist on being spoonfed for the most trivial of bullshit.

Attached: nl.jpg (228x221, 6.42K)

Attached: C8D494EB-960C-42C5-8128-CC85EB31D941.png (320x288, 3.88K)

What is "Game Mode"?

The PCSX2 core is not as up to date as the nightly build, so I get the black sky bug in Burnout 3: Takedown still. Also, I'd use retroarch a lot more often thanks to cloud saving on the steam version but PCSX2 and Dolphin don't have cores on the steam version yet.

its a mode that most tvs have that disables some of the image processing to reduce input latency. the difference between a tv and a monitor is a tv has image processing to make things look "better" but the game modes just turn it more into a monitor.

What filter

Most TVs require Game Mode or some other setting to get their advertised low input lag. Most modern TVs have very low input lag as long as they are configured properly, but without Game Mode, some TVs can be 100ms+ of display lag just because they aren't prioritizing responsiveness because it literally doesn't matter outside of the context of gaming.

Depends on the core, some are better off standalone.

What filter and settings i can never get SOTN to look good

That looks like absolute shit bro