Ron Gilbert didn't want Guybrush and Elaine to be married

>Ron Gilbert didn't want Guybrush and Elaine to be married
>Guybrush is gonna be le'cucked now that Ron is at the helm

Attached: monkeyfella.jpg (1920x1080, 445.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grumpygamer.com/verbs_verbs_verbs
rexcrowle.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>highest budget monkey island game ver made
>looks like this
The art style is ugly enough to ruin the entire fucking thing.

Attached: 1Va019D.png (2560x1440, 1.99M)

Elaine dumped guybrush in MI2
it makes sense, guybrush is a fuckboy who looked cute but is ultimately retarded, elaine is a strong womyn who is also a competent politician, no way she would stick with that loser for very long

>could've brought back bill tiller to have him finally working on a decent budget
>get this hack instead

Attached: 1649955182682.png (590x831, 255.85K)

Wait, what?

I'd say "I need to see this in motion first!" but I know it's just going to be puppet tweening crap.

Yeah, its busted. The art is so ugly it will keep me actively from buying the game.

Attached: gNi22a6.png (2560x1440, 3.17M)

I'm glad Ron is doing what he wants with 100% creative control. Regardless of art style.

that art style is atrocious

Don't be ridiculous, all the game needs is to have good writing. Escape From Monkey Island looks much worse than this yet it's still a decent adventure because of the dialogue.

From these screenies my biggest complaint is the absence of perspective, something Day of the Tentacle did. It just looks dumb and kiddy like nobody actually lives in these buildings.

>screenies
Found the kraut.

This game is so fucking ugly it will actively kill and burry monkey island. The pleasant art was always a big part of what made the games. Imagine sitting through hours of visual torture just because youre a krautoid consoomer with insane brand loyality.
There's fan mockups that already look better.

Attached: FPidpFyWYAc1vgZ.png (2560x1600, 121.36K)

disgust

It is so fucking bizarre that on nu/v/ if anyone holds the stance of "gee I guess I'll wait until the game is out to judge it" you get called a CONSOOMER SHEEP. Look here, fella, I'll join your anti-Return crusade if they manage to make Guybrush look even more crude and jokey than MI3 and MI4, but until then I can hold out hope. Just don't call me a G*rman.

Attached: 1626626259930.png (68x68, 1.02K)

i'm wondering what the gameplay will be like
point and click adventure games are boring as fuck and pretty much dead, will the game do anything to be appealing outside of the nostalgia factor?

would you like QTEs or something?

Has there been any innovation in the genre over the past two decades aside from Disco Elysium?

grumpygamer.com/verbs_verbs_verbs

why do they make the game look like shit? the style from 3 was good, what happened to doing it like this again?

Attached: iu[1].png (1909x1431, 536.93K)

God I hate nu art direction so bad

Jesus christ that looks so fucking ugly.

Literally the only reason they're doing this game imo, is because Ron is still seething about the game having a happy ending, which was great at the time for all the boys playing it, while Ron was a divorced cuck.

He's literally gonna turn this into his cuckfantasy while trying hard to appeal to SJWs

There's no way this is gonna be decent but there's a 200% certainty that redditors and zoomers will praise it as a "masterpiece"

You know there is something legitimately amusing about a comedy game aiming for realism with its graphics. The contrast with the visual tone trying to take itself seriously when the actual game is not can be hilarious.

Attached: 14-somi_013.gif (640x400, 74.52K)

>Escape From Monkey Island
>decent adventure
>screenies
how bout i bust a cap in yo ass

user majorly changing an artstyle of a game is a major no-no if done poorly and it doesn't require waiting until the game is out to criticize it

the art style is so fucking repulsive
this retard already did the x-files bootleg with pixel art, why go for this garbage?

>what happened to doing it like this again?
costs more.

also, old cartoon styles are problematic user, keep up.
it has to look like an overstylyzed nu-cartoon to be keyed

>that family portrait

Attached: 1628806122772.jpg (600x600, 35.6K)

>the original creator of two admittedly very good point and clicks returns
>ignores every single one of the three games after
>knows full well that a lot of people liked 3 the most and started with 3
Why even do it?

Also I don't care, I loved 5.

Attached: buy-tales-of-monkey-island-cd-key-pc-download-img1.jpg (500x500, 310.07K)

The art director makes some truly disgusting "art".
rexcrowle.com/
Game will be trash, don't get your hopes up.

Attached: 1649115103630.jpg (900x550, 165.16K)

Believe it or not, game development is a group effort and an amazing game designers might not have taste to know what artists to hire. Gilbert goes off and makes a fun game with trash art and Purcell goes off to co-direct good looking movies with crappy stories. It's heartbreaking.

Escape is still a fun romp.

Criticize the art all you like, just don't go making troll claims like the writing and puzzles ought to be equally bad. That's a child's logic. All too common on Yea Forums. You see the opposite too, some good screenshots and people think a game will have perfect gameplay.

Attached: 1634817360941.webm (1104x824, 2.73M)

user, the locksmith is black too

>two woman
>a daughter
>the locksmith is clearly "a man"
>portrait old
Do the math brother.

Not canon.

in his most recent interview with AdventureGamers that happened yesterday, he mentioned that Thimbleweed Park mini Delores adventure as essentially the style of point and click.

it works like the later point and clicks like Deponia where you click item in inventory, then the item you want to use it on.

verbs also are context sensitive, where you click on an item in the environment and a small menu pops up, "push ladder right, look at latter, push ladder left, etc"

Attached: thimble.png (1378x694, 800.21K)

>just don't go making troll claims like the writing and puzzles ought to be equally bad.
Comedy is illegal in current year, you're insane if you think this game will be funny. We can count ourselves lucky if the game doesn't reference the orange Satan or celebrates BLM.

pic related is what I mean by context verb menu

Attached: thimble.png (1276x714, 985.53K)

>randomly soapboxing about /pol/ shit
I think maybe the problem could be you.

>costs more
all the deponia games are 2D cartoons. I'm sure there is some way the new Monkey Island could do something similar without breaking the bank.

I read that interview, apparently Delores was literally a test for Return.

I think you're mentally ill.

Deponia works because Poki is genuinely a talented dude.

Attached: Без названия (5).jpg (300x168, 9.09K)

Yet it looks somehow better than Escape or Tales or the Remakes.
If it was up to me all would be in the style of Curse.

i'm fine with that. better that then "modern" adventure games where you don't have an inventory and just hold stuff in your hands until you use them by left clicking

the writings on the wall I'm sorry you can't read it

Yet another classic globohomogenized

>creator has 100% creative control
>creator specifically sought out art director
>creator uses what he wants in his game with no studio mandates
>globo meme
fuck off

Tales from monkey island is going to mog this poor game so hard and it's not even the best one in the series

Attached: morgan.jpg (1280x720, 61.04K)

Its still globohomo art, even though its all on ron this time. Dude is also a tranny worshipper, so it checks out.

>costs more.
Ron is on record saying this is the highest budget monkey island game ever.

I think I'm just going to skip it and maintain my good memories of the first three games. Everything after Curse has been a shitshow, including the awful remakes.

Morgan Le Fay was hot

It will look just as bad as the teaser. Horrible waste of opportunity and resources. How the fuck did Gilbert come up with the idea that Alegria style fits MI's setting is beyond me. This shit belongs in Facebook's "art" department.

mmmmmmmhmmmmmmmm

Attached: port.png (296x528, 175.63K)

>Escape From Monkey Island looks much worse than this
Arguable. And while EfMI wasn't the worst game ever made, I will never feel an urge to play it again. It's just too ugly. It was ugly when it was released, and it is even worse now.

literally impossible to tell

Maybe the one on the right is supposed to be a dude with long hair.

That just means that Gilbert was brainwashed into the globohomo cult, which is not surprising in the slightest.

Thank god I’m not the only one who isn’t excited at all for guacamelee island. All thanks to the dogshit art style

He was always globohomo. Why do you think the Swordmaster was female? We just didn't notice because diversity naturally fits into the MI setting.

The saddest thing about this whole situation is that comments almost everywhere are all praise. Look at his blog, look at the comments below the trailer. Gilbert should be scrapping the entire project pronto, while polite idiots are high-fiving him everywhere, despite the fact they all see it's shit. In the end nobody is going to buy that. I think the only way to sell this is to make an extremely good box release, something like the 30th Anniversary release, but it doesn't save the game itself.

Attached: monkey-island-30th-anniversary-anthology.png (1920x1080, 3.34M)

it looks even uglier than the first remake, what a travesty
If this becomes the face of Guybrush I'm out

Attached: return-to-monkey-island-04.png (2560x1440, 1.63M)

>Retconning MI3 for that

Attached: 1645261105673.png (502x583, 401.69K)

If only the Tales games looked like that cover art. They are unforgivably ugly, much worse than the style in Return.