I got to the sewers and there were big large enemies with hammers that do tons of damage but also inexplicably attack...

I got to the sewers and there were big large enemies with hammers that do tons of damage but also inexplicably attack fast as fuck and have infinite stamina. I'm so tired. From Software has no design philosophy anymore.

Attached: elden-ring-underground.jpg (650x400, 36.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jY3NJTWhXew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just sneak past them retard. They also don't have infinite stamina you can easily stagger them and kill them before they have a chance to attack

>try to block with a shield for counterattack or parry
>try to attack from far away
>get a quick poking weapon
>use a movement dash of war like quick step to dodge

The Omen fat fucks? They got a lot of health but 3 jumping R2s(4 with puny weapons) from pretty much any weapon will stance break them
2 Square Off R2s
2 Spinning Slash full combos with straight swords/curved swords
2 Flame of the Redmane(great with Misericorde)

I find them really fun to fight. They're the main enemies I test out new weapons and ashes of war on

this is exactly how the le good old dark souls games were. deceiving, labyrinthian level design and obnoxious enemies

None of it's gonna matter when you accidentally go online and THIS happens to you: youtu.be/jY3NJTWhXew

STR feels good vs those because you can jump R2 twice to stagger and then R1 to finish them off, come to think of it str felt pretty good vs anything that wasn't a boss

No it wasn't. I'm replaying Dark Souls right now. The enemies are fair and actually have real openings. It's a completely different game to Elden Ring.

your video sucks, redditor. stop shilling it

And more importantly, a large highly damaging enemy will be slower than a small lower damage enemy. It's called balance and realism which Elden Ring totally lacks.

Circle strafing any and all humanoids isn't balance or realism lmfao

No u

They have to make these games harder because we got gud. I’m sorry but that’s just reality buddy.

If by completely fair you mean a joke and super easy, sure. ER is designed for a player who isn't borderline retarded.

That's really not the point at all.

>"It's balancers and realistic."
>No it isn't. This is why.
>"Umm... (uh-oh), uhh... That's not the point."
Then why make that point?

Yes I know you FROM faggots got exactly what you wanted. A harder game because the marketing told you that was all this series is about. Even though in reality there are much harder games, you just latched onto it being le hard because it's the upper limit of what reactionlets can beat, so you can feel good about yourself with your old man reflexes. All at the expense of atmosphere, tension, and good game design principles.

It's not the point because circle strafing is separate from enemy design. It's something YOU can do, it has nothing to do with whether the enemies are balanced and realistic. I can spam weapon arts that stunlock enemies in Elden Ring, that is the EXACT same thing, it means nothing.

>There are much harder games for you to latch onto.
There are easier games for you to latch on to. Play those. If ER is too hard, quit, and spare everyone your crying. Do you think anyone wants to read your faggot crying about a fucking toy? Nobody wants to hear """an adult""" sulk about an enemy in a videogame. Go. Leave. You don't belong here.

giants and dragons *are* slower than rats and the like

Now this is alpha male posting.

I'd rather play a game that's harder than Elden Ring but not haphazard badly designed horseshit. You git gud niggers are so fucking annoying because you automatically assume anyone who criticizes your precious From Software games MUST be shit at video games because they don't like how every enemy acts like a spastic faggot. From Software and their fans have completely flanderized themselves with Elden Ring.

Part of what balances enemies are your options against them. Fighting an enemy is an equation that consists of what you can do and what they can do as variables. Complaining about what the omens do on their own is fucking stupid. This you right now:
>Fucking goombas dude. They're busted. They keep walking towards you, and kill you in 1-2 hits. They never slow down or stop, and if they hit a barrier, they come right back at you. They're relentless.
>"Just jump on them, bro."
>That's beside the point. That's something YOU can do, and has nothing to do with enemies being balanced or realistic.
Enemies slowly swinging once and waiting for you to do shit isn't realistic either.

>You're underleveled
>You're overleveled
>You didn't dodge
>You didn't evade
>You took the easy way out
>You took the hard way in

But...you are shit at video games.

Then go you weak little faggot, and spare the people of this board your fucking griping and grumbling and whining. I didn't even say git gud, I said play a different game if you don't like it. You're literally not cut out for this one, so do yourself and everyone else a favor and play something else. Close the browser. Get out everyone's sight.

I have ~100 hours in the game and while the first 20 hours are probably the best the game has to offer it is completely fucked in the game design department and this is obvious to anyone who has played more than three videogames in their lives.
Sure, their philosophy is being "difficult" etc but there's a difference to being broken, annoying, piece of shit which makes no sense. At some point the game just becomes unfun and I'd rather stare a wall than "play" this game. Fuck FROM and fuck every ER shill on Yea Forums and on the internet.

Post S ranks in a real fast-paced action game of your choice.

Even casuals on Reddit and in Steam reviews whine less than Yea Forums. What the fuck is up with this board?

P A R R Y
literally half of people's complaints with this game can be solved with learning to parry

Absolutely savage.

No you can't if you're using a slower weapon such as Great Stars.

fucking based

>no design philosophy anymore
It's like you shazamtrannies aren't even trying

Attached: ok.png (551x359, 424.74K)

>NOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE FROM SOFTWARE THEY MAKE HARD GAMES FOR HARDCORE BOYS LIKE ME

Level design wise? Yes. Enemy wise? No.

gamergate and 2016 did a number on this place

>half of people's complaints with this game can be solved with learning
you don't say

What's the problem here?
You can easily parry those guys.
If the problem is Blighttown, that image shows the Valley of Drakes entrance where all you have to do is climb a few ladders and find an elevator

Problem is that you can fight enemies like this and then get nothing. These guys can drop their axes which have great STR scaling and a unique charge attack but in general there is no reason to fight them more than once unless you’re farming for their shit. This tends to pop up in ER more often than it should unfortunately like those duelists in Leyndell are cool but I don’t even remember what you get for bothering to fight them unless you want the axe which scales with DEX for no reason even though it requires like 30 STR to wield.

learning one specific technique, you spaz

They have kino armor. Too bad its got low poise

They use the same skeleton but they fight nothing like Omens. Omens aren't particularly difficult but they have a full moveset, these guys have bonk, just move forward and swing, and stand in place roar (doesn't do anything)

you are a brain damaged retard

far reaching 'infinite stamina' enemies in sewers have been in fs' repertoire for at least a decade but because ER is the current popular thing it is now a case of not having a design philosophy anymore, while it is objectively wrong

I accept your concession

That is fucking true for any other game, apart from maybe MMOs, where random epic drops are a thing.

mindbroken

Literally no reason to fight any enemy in any game aside for loot if you want to make that point.

Put Wild Strikes on it and go to town

>crouches slightly
>is now invisible to those enemies

I feel bad that games nowadays handhold so hard that all notions of experimenting and trying out mechanics in situations is a mystery to most.

Those guys are slow and have huge openings though. They are the exact opposite of an Elden Ring enemy.

Post your Malenia, Sword Saint, Gwyn, Orphan of Kos, and Nameless King kill.

With Elden Ring, I feel like From took a step away from what used to make their games excellent. If this isn't called out, it'll get worse. Elden Ring is a great game, but it has some serious flaws.
Before the release of ER, Yasuhiro Kitao thanked the fans of From Software for holding them up to high standards. What you're doing is exactly the opposite.
Also, why are you browsing a board where 95 % of content is bitching and moaning if you can't stand it?

Agreed. I ran pure STR/END with Heavy Claymore and Bastard Sword the whole time.
So satisfying just hitting shit super hard in this game. lol

This was my favourite area in the game.

>just don’t engage the content retard
Do Fromfags really?

t.

Attached: fanbase.jpg (2404x1260, 826.51K)

Actually their axes have a fully different moveset that is only shared by the albinauric's ripple axe, but thier axes fully scale with STR, unlike the Albinauric axe which fully scales with ARC and can't be infused, it's a damn great axe, arguably the best in the game unless you play ARC.

t. what? What does this retarded shit mean?

Based, fuck soulskiddies

DaS and DeS's difficulty wasn't just for sake of difficulty

It absolutely was, FROM just couldn't do any better back then so the games were still shitty and janky and easily exploited because they couldn't even code decent pathfinding, let alone make decent animations.

This infographic only applies to betamale hobbies. If you don't have a faggot hobby, women won't come in. You don't see bitches ruining full contact hockey or motorcycle racing or cagefighting

nice meltdown, faggot

Lurk moar

you can stunlock them to death with anything larger than greatsword
they are incredibly easy to parry or backstab
they lose posture fast as fuck and you can crit them like that with guard counters, haevy attacks or jump attacks
just using jumping attacks breaks them, they cant do shit
also one of the best levels in the entire game honestly
skill issue

>le girls bad
girls that play on their own accord are typically fine, it's when guys drag their girlfriends into the circle because she feels left out and he doesn't want to get cold shouldered by her because he skipped out on giving her attention to play with the boys

I've met plenty of boomer women who play mmos and they are usually based

Not the same guy, but taking a look at this list (excluding Orphan because I've not played BB) is a great way to try to understand what's fucked up about Malenia.
I've beaten Sword Saint Isshin twice, Gwyn twice and Nameless King probably 30 times (to get sunlight medals). I'm pretty sure that I could beat all of the three in a couple of tries, if I had a moment to adjust to the games' mechanics for an hour or two beforehand. The same cannot be said about Malenia. I felt like I got lucky when I beat her. I didn't feel satisfaction, I was just sort of happy to get it over with but ultimately frustrated about the 20-30 tries it took me. It felt like it was a fight not against a whole boss, but a fight against a single, horseshit attack. When I beat her, she did the Waterfowl-thingy maybe once.
I feel like it'd be heavily dependent on RNG whether or not I'd be able to beat her now. To me it feels like bad design.
In my experience, the feeling of actually getting better was overshadowed by the feeling of getting lucky. I seriously hope From doesn't pull off shit like this in the future.