Hello, I'm the only useful incantation in Elden Ring

Hello, I'm the only useful incantation in Elden Ring.

Attached: 1634126206066.png (200x200, 17.33K)

I like pocket sand a lot. It's very fast.

I realized at the end of the game that it actually does a tiny bit of damage to yourself.

Black Flames Protection
Rotten Breath
Golden Vow

rotten breath is literally broken lol

Golden Vow is a thing
every defense incantation is a thing

It's duration is too short.

Attached: 1448070457491.jpg (244x270, 15.36K)

Is that fire cleanse me?
I hate the dumb names for spells and incantations. GRRM has no talent.

I was mostly a dexfag but I bumped my faith up to 12-14 or so for all the status cures. flame cleanse me kind of trivialized the rot lake

>flame cleanse me kind of trivialized the rot lake
I wish I had known about it, I died over and over like an idiot.

You probably rolled through the lake.

If you wear the mushroom armor you won't get afflicted save for two or three parts, then you can just use whatever boluses you probably picked up.

I wore that full armor set and it did fuck all. really disappointed me.

Black Flame and Flame of Frenzy trivialize most encounters

flame grant me strength, golden vow, pocket sand, stone throw, and honed bolt/thunderbolt are the only useful incantations. Everything else sucks major dick.
Flames cleanse me is good for lake rot tho

That doesn't increase the speed, only that it's still being applied after you leave the lake.

It's not too long and there are few enemies. Best choice is to just flask the damage and run like a bitch to have two starting points. Using boluses is wasteful as it's reapplied so quickly, and impossible to avoid getting several times if you're going for the items in the swamp.

I didn't but I didn't know where to go so I ran around like a retard chugging flask after flask.

It practically doubles your resistance, did you not just book it straight to dry land or something?

ALL of them are too short. fucks sake you can't recast most of it in a real boss fight either. dont even get me started on weapon buffs being useless with ashes.

I like the dumb flame spell names and say them aloud whenever I cast them

Attached: 1467039516704.jpg (518x564, 35.97K)

Nobody's mentioned them yet, but heals are great for dealing with revenants and rejection is a great anti air for dealing with flying enemies like that singing bat cunt since they take so long to get back in the air once knocked down.
A lot of incantations are useful, it's just that they tend to be very situational.

Rotted breath and blessing of the erdtree are good.

Hello, Swarm of Flies?

Attached: 1638162442252.jpg (567x553, 139.98K)

the uniquely pious names for the flame monk spells are both very fitting and memorable, sorry

Bestial vitality counters poison and scarlet rot pretty well. Having a dedicated weapon for weapon buffs is also useful.

Attached: bestial_vitality_incantation_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 16.93K)

based

combo with the regen talisman its strong healing for cheap fp

I'm still surprised how dumb people are.
First you didnt use the cleansing boluses and then you couldn't find the exit in one of the most linear parts of the game? The exit is literally visible.

You're wrong
I've made like 13 different builds with fun incantations

Attached: Blink.webm (800x450, 2.91M)

Black flame protection is pretty good. Especially if you combine with sacred oath

where do you get it?

really fucked up by not having a fantasy tokusatsu set for the flame incantations

the names just sounds like something you yell out

Attached: Boom-allrangers-red.jpg (1280x1944, 292.54K)

test

While incantations don't have anything as flashy as comet azur, I do think the level of variety means you should have something that'll be effective on every boss. You won't be cucked for damage on some encounters like arcane either. Like barrier of gold and pest threads on elden beast, you could throw your controller down the stairs and still win with that set up.

I just cosplay Ordovis and use all Aspect of the Crucible incantations.

They are pretty good!, even at 40 faith without the right talismans and not fully upgraded seals to really make them shine they work well against pretty much everybody thanks to them dealing physical damage rather than holy.

I really hate how all the from games handle status effect resistances.
I wish it would actually make the bar go up slower and decrease faster than just making the bar longer. If you don't have any way of curing the resistance, you just have to stand there and wait longer for it to drop.
It's to the point where it's pointless to wear any resistance stuff as even fully decked out, you will still get poisoned or bled after like 1 or 2 more hits than borm and you have to disengage to pop the appropriate healing item anyway.
The only one where it actually seems to matter is the instant death one, since you can't heal if you're already dead.

>wait longer for it to drop
That's not how it works in any of the games. They're always on fixed timers.

I thought they both sucked by the end of the game. Didn't do that much damage. By the end of the game I was just relying on buff incantations and Blasphemous Blade skill art for damage. Everything else was healing or defense buffs for specific enemies

Sure doesn't feel like it. You got any proof to back it up?

I want to do a run with incants, wonder how good the sustain is between this, the talisman, the shield, and a weapon like great stars.

Black flame doesn't deal nearly enough damage to compensate its short range. The eye flame thing is the one of the few useful attack incantation.

This, and Pest Threads does crazy damage on large enemies like dragons and Elden Beast. It seems to hit multiple times, when you cast it as it enters them, then the threads explode. Use the incantation booster talisman and have decent Faith and it will melt those big fuckers.

Need more martial arts based ashes of war for fist weapons. Like, give us a flying kicks, lariats, and elbow drops. Some bosses even use those moves so it's not even that ridiculous.

DS2 already had those fists that gave you a Tekken moveset so sure

I wish more Crucible Knight moves were available to the player

hoarah loux cross chop into chaos dunk shouldve been the ash of war

You have defensive incantation for every damage type. If you actually use the things the game gives you you can beat every boss first try on your first blind playthrough.
Only malenia was hard needed 3 tries for her.

>Swarm of Flies
>Barrier of Gold (literally invalidates INT builds)
>Golden Vow
>Rotten Breath
>the Placidusax spell (forgot the name)
>Bestial Sling
>Catch Flame
>any insta-castable dragon attacks
>Electrify Armament
>Dragonbolt Blessing
>various Frenzy spells
>any heal over time
>Law of Regression
That's just off the top of my head, but there's a lot of great incantations that can wreck people.

Only if you can actually grab things bigger than another Tarnished, at least when they're staggered or something. I want to Potemkin Buster a dragon off a cliff.

the funniest incantation interaction is fires deadly sin and bloodflame weapon

im guessing its intentional as they were able to remove the eclipse shotel procing death blight it but not bloodflames bleed build up

Why do I never hear anyone mention Electrify Armamement? Does Yea Forums hate free bonus dmg? Do you apply shit that's better?

>+21 dmg
T-thx

Because it's only good on very specific builds.
On pure faith you're better off just using an infused weapon.
It's ONLY good on builds with high dex/str and low faith (25 is what I'm using so I can also use Golden Vow).

Only good cause lightning spear is so shit, right? haven't tried the dragon lightning but why would I upgrade a non-unique weapon when I can just use Blasphemous Blade? and if the enemy is resistant to fire (mohg) I just switch to morning star that has cold affinity and hoarfrost stomp on it (playing prepatch). Waste of a spell slot, waste time during battle reapplying it, for not that much more damage.

because you can't even fucking use weapon enchants 99% of the time.

And miss all the secrets around the lake, retard?
I explored every bit until I ran out of flasks, ported back to the begining and resumed exploring. Running straight to the giant door you see is what a retard would do

>Enemy chilling in the middle dropping a talisman
>Dragonkin Soldier boss
>That magic staff
>Spell on top of some columns
>Finding the 2 buttons that raise the temple
>Going on the temple roof to fight a lord and a unique weapon

Tons of shit to do in Lake of Rot and there's no way you did it in one go.

Infused with what? Thunder weapons scale with dex apparently, and holy sucks

Both Flame and Sacred infusions are decent in pvp, certainly your best option for pure faith.

> Cucks your magic build

Attached: Barrier_of_gold.png (591x543, 567.98K)

boy that sure would have been useful 40 HOURS AGO

I love this incant and the buff incants. I use the FP restore talisman, incant boosting talisman, sword of milos, amd dragon communion seal for ARC+FTH scaling and it's raped just about everything. I get some FP back, some bleed from the sword, plenty of bleed procs from the flies, debuff enemies with the shriek of milos, buff myself with golden vow, and if I need, use the pulley crossbow for sleep, poison or just to hit enemies with a barrage of explosive bolts.

>morgotts weapon projections would be enough for an entire school of incantations
>you cant use a single one of them, you can only get his sword or a fucking FP item
>meanwhile intfags get carian slicer, the gavel, and lorettas bow spells

yeah, it sucks. I wanted the light sword AOE rain down attack

>>any insta-castable dragon attacks
like what? all dragon incants I've seen take forever to charge up

The heals do a ton of damage and instantly stagger those horrible spider mage bastards that crawl out of the floor

bestial vit: 5/sec, 120 secs
talisman: 2/sec
shield: 3/sec

they all stack