Do Sonicfags actually watch other movies?

Do Sonicfags actually watch other movies?

Attached: file.png (539x636, 351.94K)

#SonicSweep #GetThemChillidogs

I can't fucking wait for the first trailer for the mario movie to drop the cheer amount chaos will be glorious

>Do Sonicfags actually watch other movies?
No.

Attached: 66f-1.jpg (680x763, 33.41K)

Based.

As a Sonic fan that grew up playing Advance on GBA, then Genesis Collection on PSP, and even recording Sonic X on VHS tapes when it played on Saturday mornings, It's going to be kind of sad when the Mario movie comes out and the record is obliterated.

Attached: sonic.0.0.jpg (1200x1200, 77.93K)

Like, wasn't the "video game movie curse" a pointless thing anyway? Mortal Kombat was successful and adored by its fans.

I'm more than positive that all the MCU cucks will come out of the woodworks to give the Mario movie 10/10s just because of Mario nostalgia.
We never had a far shot Sonic bros.

>Curse that Mario started
The Super Mario Brothers movie is fucking great and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

>Movie was a success cause they actually made it fanfriendly
Imagine if producers would actually listen to critique, instead of shitting movies for money grab

I watch nearly every single movie that comes out. Sonic 2 is a super good movie.

Thoughts on The Lost City of Gold?

Thanks for beta testing the market, cuckboy.

There will never be a piece of Mario media as soulful as pic related

Attached: 1650010493011.jpg (1200x900, 482.02K)

but that's the thing, many movies are like that

It's a decent movie, it's issue is that it has quite literally nothing to do with Mario.
If you removed the names of the characters then you wouldn't be able to tell they're meant to be from Mario. For over half the movie neither Mario or Luigi wear anything that remotely resembles their characters and by the time they get their clothes, it's Mario inspired rather than just some denim overalls and a red shirt.

No, only Sonic

Reminder that SMB movie was so notable that it inspired the animatronics from Jurassic Park

knowing sonicfags they'd mental gymnastics it

It was a good movie though, gave me a lot of 'Boss Baby' vibes.

I'm not that much of a Sonic guy.
That said, this movie was the best modern movie I've seen since the last Sonic.

I thought Detective Pikachu "broke the curse"

Did anyone really like that movie or just HURRR I KNOW A POKEMON I SAW

You're delusional. Mario has no story potential.

It was hailed as the most successful video game movie ever until all the articles about "Sonic tops Pikachu at the box office" came out, so someone must have liked it.

It opened second under the shadow of Avengers End Game and never hit the #1 rank while on the market. It also had much harsher drops than Sonic did. Sonic was performing better until the pandemic cut its run short.

jesus christ, sonic is so fucking FAT

If it's going to be so good then why has there still been 0 footage released?

I never said it was going to be good.

I don't even necessarily think it will be good. I just expect it to outperform Sonic because it's an animated kids movie.

Fucking Space Chimps made $64.8 million back in 2008 (when ticket prices were cheaper) and that movie is ass ugly. The Frenchies at illumination will almost certainly make something better.

Attached: 19279961.jpg (500x730, 81.57K)

C'mon user. At least we do not love a fat italian guy.

No.
They just eat up their mediocre shit as long as Sonic is in it.

>Do Sonicfags actually watch other movies?
The point is about vidya movies being routinely terrible, while Sonic is alright. I don't get it, what's the issue with this post?

m8, Space Chimps made $64.8 million worldwide. That's not a good number, like at all. Especially when it opened in July to 7 million.

I have never even heard of that but just the fact it's advertised by mentioning Shrek on the poster makes me believe you that it made millions.

>while Sonic is alright
It's not.
It's literally just mcu alvin and the chipmunks.

$64.8 million worldwide isn't great, but if Sonic reaches say $160 million worldwide by the time it's out of theaters. What does it say about Sonics popularity when he gets about 2.5 times the boxoffice sales?

Compare that to illuminations worldwide box office numbers?

Attached: Screenshot_20220415-043401-854.png (2056x1022, 362.2K)

it was already broken by mortal kombat

Does anyone have a link to that pic related short film? I remember watching it on Yea Forums..must've been nearly a decade ago.

two things:
we already had better vidya movies before
sonic wasn't good

>sonic wasn't good
It grossed more than your favorite vidya movie

>if Sonic reaches say $160 million worldwide by the time it's out of theaters.
It already beat $160 million worldwide in its opening week. You're just pulling numbers out of your ass.

>You're just pulling numbers out of your ass
I was. I didn't realize it had done that well. I was just looking at the tweet in OP's picture.

I will say though, Sonic 1 made $319 million at the worldwide box office. Compare that to anything illumination has made and I think it's obvious the Mario movie is going to break Sonic 2's record.

>I will say though, Sonic 1 made $319 million at the worldwide box office.
You do realize what happened, right?
And I know for a fact that Mario will absolutely trounce Sonic's numbers. The brand loyalty and recognition is far too strong for any other property to compete, and they're going for a Christmas weekend opening on top of that. That's going to be gigantic for Illumination. The only competition it has is Shazam 2 and Avatar 2.
My issue with you is these God awful comparisons and numbers. You might as well cited fucking Hoodwinked 2: Hood vs. Evil.

Attached: unknown[1].png (156x315, 8K)

Even if Mario comes in later and sweeps the landscape for the vidya industry, the Sonic movies are forever cemented as the bookends of the pandemic. We started one with a Sonic movie and families have started to come back in droves at the end of it with a Sonic movie.
Disney seriously fucking missed the boat to claim they were the ones to revive family cinema. Sonic gets all of that glory.

Attached: eLUlzFaKiJ1wpX8feWoW6kLoTCA[1].jpg (2000x3000, 1.09M)

so?

>all the salty N*ntoddlers screaming in irrelevance
Feels nice being a Sonichad

sonicfags

Attached: 45i0mn.png (1144x854, 781.76K)

it was serviceable the way i see it, visuals wise i honestly couldn't complain.
the way the various pokemon behaved was pretty funny and mewtwo kicking ass will never not be cool

The videogame movie curse hasn't been a thing since Resident Evil movies started raking in 300 million dollars despite being R rated and having female leads. People just ignore the Resident Evil movies because they don't fit whatever dumb narrative they're peddling.

How "can we talk" did not became a meme yet? Wookies use it everytime they are trying to control a narrative.

Like I said MK already did it many years ago too.

MK was a one-off, and its sequel (where the director of the first film didn't return because he saw the problems brewing) flopped. It's way harder to make a film, have it be successful, and then have successful sequels. Sonic being successful and then Sonic 2 being more successful is good for Paramount, and also Sonic 3.

>and families have started to come back in droves at the end of it with a Sonic movie.
Media and the most devoted coastie types are seething their ass off that people are ignoring new covid meme variants and acting like the pandemic is over despite "expert warnings", love to see it

Only one RE movie raked $300 million, and that was the last one when you combined the domestic and international gross. Studios only get half of the international grosses. It's a lucrative market, but they care a lot more about domestic numbers because they have an iron grip on exhibitors and can bully them around on revenue terms. That's the reason why the curse term is only relevant to us because international numbers.
Even when adjusted for inflation, MK never hit $300 and that franchise took a nose dive immediately after the first film.

Attached: unknown[1].png (949x491, 60.67K)

Hoe does that mean it'll be bad? You dumb coon

>Studios only get half of the international grosses.
It's a little complicated because the Resident Evil movies are made by a German company. Sony is involved as a distributor, and provide funding. Apparently Sony has never liked how they got the short end of the financial stick. Also, Sony wouldn't allow things like booking actors for multiple movies, and there is talk that Sony are the reason Welcome to Raccoon City had some major budget cuts mid-production resulting in almost all CG-heavy scenes being cut, and really hurting the flow and story of the movie.

Afterlife made 295 million, which is spitting distance of 300 million. The thing that kept the RE series profitable was a combination of pretty tight budgets and home video sales which were pretty good for most of the films.

The Sonic movies are awesome, but they do notably cost way more than the RE movies. The biggest budget RE movie cost 65 million. Sonic 2 cost 110 million. You could make almost 3 Resident Evil: Final Chapter's (40 million) for the price of one Sonic movie. So an RE movie making 150 million is pretty damn good, but it would be a flop for a Sonic movie. It's all relative.

RE movies were absolute shit then became unironically better

Cope

MK did more than its budget
>one off
the point was that it was a successful video game movie, franchises weren't yet something planned
hell, you know it did so well when it gets referenced

i can't tell because i loved it because HURR I KNOW A POKEMON I SAW
the torterra moment made me cum