What an overrated piece of garbage. People treated it like one of the best DQ games and I couldn't disagree more

What an overrated piece of garbage. People treated it like one of the best DQ games and I couldn't disagree more.
So guess we're having a thread for what you might consider to be way too overhyped and just unfulfilling.
So go ahead, toss in whatever two cents you got.

Attached: dragon quest xi.jpg (616x400, 238.37K)

loved it, was one of the best DQ games to me, maybe possibly even the best
on the other hand 8 was overhyped and unfufilling imo

user, its unfortunate you didn't like it, a lot of other people did, so making a thread calling out people for liking it isn't a good idea.

*two cents*

Have you considered that you're just dead inside an unable to enjoy things?

This is the case with most dqxi haters.

/thread
DQ is for praising not hating.

Attached: dq9sage.jpg (600x1150, 90.48K)

I loved it but I still dislike that they didn't stick to their guns with the tragedy kino of Act 2 and had to give us an asspull.

But Act 3 is also good for some of the gameplay scenarios it brings despite the reused areas. The trials are fun for instance.

Third arc sucked ass. PS2, DS and 3DS games were much better.

It's the first and last DQ I've played so I don't know how it compares to the other DQs but it's definitely worse than shit.
DQfags don't need to reply. Nothing will change my mind and you can enjoy your game whenever you like

Time Travel ultimately ruins most stories because it is fairly unnecessary aside from showing how the main writer wrote themselves into a corner.

>I don't like [popular thing], give my (you)s!

True.

drip...

The third act ruined the rest of the game
Narratively it's a complete mess after the second act
It really should've just ended there but instead they ruined a very large amount of stuff to make the plot longer
Also, the added stuff in XIS is a downgrade

>XI > V > III > VIII > VI > IV > VII > I > II > haven't played
Simple as.

Attached: 1618882713738.jpg (318x310, 47.98K)

>don't unrape your world, it builds character!

Attached: images[1].jpg (225x225, 14.21K)

Cucksona 5 fag detected

/thread

>You don't get the chance to beat up your party members on the Tower of Lost Time
I swear to god this was supposed to happen at some point in development and they pussied out.

Attached: 1644041027817.png (1280x720, 1.53M)

This. I dropped the game to wait for the Definitive version for ps4 which I've yet to boot up because saying goodbye to the OG timeliness crew just so I can go back and make everything all sunshine & fucking rainbows really broke me. That last line your granddad says right before the warp overtakes you ;_; right in the feels but hey let's toss all that amazing character development out the window so we can have another boring happy ending

Stop liking what I don't like

>unrape your world
>except the ending confirms that you didn't actually unrape the world you came from, you just created an alternate timeline instead and original mom and original Gemma are still waiting there and will never see you again.

FUCKING THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HATE IT

Attached: 1634442868840.jpg (474x484, 54.93K)

They say it undoes the other world and it merges with the new one which is why Serena still gets her powerup and Jade also has her semen demon form even though she doesn't get near Boogie.

It didn't create another timeline, it rewrote the previous one.
Still boring time travel fuckery nonetheIess.

Veronica >

This.

Also this

(You)

Shit taste. Simple as.

It's way too railroady. I've been going through the DQ series and it's honestly surprised me just how open-ended the earlier games are compared to XI.
>DQI is fully open world with the only restriction being the difficulty of the monsters.
>DQ2 starts linear but basically becomes open world once you get the boat. The dungeons were actually interestingly-designed.
>The only way to know where the fuck you were even meant to go or what to do was by talking to all of the NPCs who would give you hints and info.
>DQ2 literally has the world map as a specific item you can find by choosing to return to the first game's final dungeon.

Loved it, Act 3 was garbage though they should have found another way of adding postgame content without ruining the story

Attached: dragon quest.jpg (2044x2044, 1.2M)

it was great. thoroughly enjoyable and up there with VIII and IX from the ones i've played.

Wrong because Serenica travels back in time at the end to change what happened with Erdwin but it doesn't change anything in our timeline.

I kicked a ball in 4th grade and it bounced twice

I read a book in 3rd grade and ripped it to shreds

I smashed a bat into a brick wall in 6th grade two times

I scooped up 5 handfuls of sand in 1st grade

seriously why are act 3 haters like this

Attached: fde1e26e90a1827655de3dab2cbfa7d08cb1b5fd71ff7b868b985043df82d7d0_1.jpg (640x610, 40.73K)

I tore a pinecone in half in 2nd grade and threw both pieces, one bounced twice and the other bounced 3 times

>give characters actual development
>undo it all because lmao.

I hit a tetherball in 4th grade 8 times, 4 in each direction with increasing/decreasing degrees of force for each direction

i wish i could properly explain here why the 3rd act's time travel being such a massive double edged sword was the whole point and that being dissatisfied with how it plays out is actually the intention but it's always going to be reduced to "I-IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BAD" as if it's unthinkable for a game to want to induce negative feelings on purpose for the sake of conveying a message

shut the fuck up faggot.

I mean the alternative is literal omnicide, I don't know why people act like erasing an entire timeline is somehow a good thing

I crushed a can in 8th grade and tossed it once, a bit of liquid came out of it

remember, they don't force you to undo it, they give you the choice

replace VIII with VII and you have my list more or less
except IX would go after VI

Attached: 1560270316948.jpg (1707x960, 431.32K)

I broke 12 twigs off of a branch in 3rd grade

Are you implying that they didn't develop in act 3?
Erik gets closure with his sister, without killing her.
Sylvando reunites with his dad.
Hendrik ends his arc with his fuckboy bf and becomes a true knight
Jade doesn't get demon D, saves her dad.
Serena and Veronica accept that they are part of a greater whole while also being a separate person.
Eleven can bully his wife by saying she's shit at cooking.

I sharpened a stick into a spear and threw it 4 times in 10th grade

But what the fuck is the point in traveling back if you don't actually fix anything?
>just skip the entire third act of the game bro.
Also even if the game gives you the choice it's still what canonically happens.

>But what the fuck is the point in traveling back if you don't actually fix anything?
Fanservice

I skipped stones in 5th grade on weekends and hit a log

No but it erases all of the development of act 2. It would have been better if ALL of the companions went back in time and retained their memories of what happened.

I used 2 badminton rackets in 7th grade

You can argue with the order of the Zenithia trilogy and 7 vs 8, but if XI, V, & III aren't in your top three I can only think you're just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

I told you to shut the fuck up.

I impaled a dead squirrel onto two metal skewers in 11th grade and tore it to shreds

What does it matter you already saw how they developed. The development is for the enjoyment of the player, everything in the game is. They're not real characters, and even if they were, they agreed that their development is worth less than Veronica's (and like millions others who died) lives. And as for you the player, it's in your favor because you get to see them develop all over again in different ways, and you get to see the story do the same too.
I mean Act 3 is if nothing else, purely a benefit to the player.

I hurled two plastic balls at the light fixture in kindergarten, one of them got dented

pretty much 100% correct and extremely based

Why would that be better? What good came out of the original line? Everyone is fucking miserable.

I flipped a plywood board over 3 times in 9th grade and stomped on it until it cracked

I threw a chair through the window in science class in 2nd grade and sat in it outside

Act 3 was just more of a good thing. You people take these silly anime plots too seriously.
>hurrr but it was so DARK and DEPRESSING
Its dq nigga calm down.

I lunged at the gym teacher in 10th grade twice

I put 10 holes in the homeroom wall in 5th grade

People here are fucking retarded. I finally got around to playing Ys VIII a couple months ago after seeing people complain that the ending was, "hurr, it was all just a dream" and it literally wasn't that at all.

How do you not understand that completely undoing lots of character development is a bad thing in the story? It cheapens the impact of those events if the game just goes "lmao that shit didn't matter at all." They could very easily have solved this by making the main party characters time travel together and retain their memories of the original world but for some stupid reason they didn't do that.