Is it just me or is this game absolutely incredible?

Is it just me or is this game absolutely incredible?

Attached: 67783-dead-rising-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg (800x1138, 182.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUxJpDtg0Bs
youtu.be/Jz50JsL_38o
youtube.com/watch?v=czcxPd7v4KY&list=PLZpBm1mm4R4JHfY3_F8EbikhpNdXC7hiZ&index=3&ab_channel=Tomzumir3
youtube.com/watch?v=cjFI8zmJn9U
youtu.be/WPxHA1T8S30
youtu.be/MNHnZdCzUcY
youtu.be/lDeThz30JtQ
deadrising.fandom.com/wiki/Differences_between_Dead_Rising_2_and_Off_the_Record
youtube.com/c/STiP0/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's not just you

>is it just me or is this critically acclaimed game absolutely incredible?
yeah everyone was just pretending its just you my dude the game stinks we all liked it as a joke bet you feel silly now

I wonder if new 360 players thought all modern games were going to have this insane level of detail.
youtube.com/watch?v=UUxJpDtg0Bs

>forces you to buy an hdtv

Was Dead Rising 4 really THAT bad?

It was more than that.

No. it was worse

DR1 is still one of my favorite games ever. I still have a blast just starting a new game and trying to level up Frank as quick as possible and attempt to complete as many scoops as I can. Also infinity mode is an immediate good time, just going around and killing psychos and survivors.

Attached: 1548905563294.gif (500x282, 676.57K)

GAWD DAMN you know the game is gonna be soulful when the mall music sounds like this
youtu.be/Jz50JsL_38o

soul

Attached: dead rising.jpg (1000x576, 80.68K)

WEEEEELLLLLLLL
HE AIN'T MY BOY
BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY

Attached: Pepelostinthemusic.jpg (746x541, 44.78K)

The time limit filtered a lot of people including me initially. The game sat on my shelf for a while until I gave it another try and it finally clicked.

It's an essential part of the game.

>The fucking menu music and sounds
I was expecting a goofy, funny ""horror"" game. I mean it was. But that threw me off. Actually surprised with how decent story was too.

>youtube.com/watch?v=czcxPd7v4KY&list=PLZpBm1mm4R4JHfY3_F8EbikhpNdXC7hiZ&index=3&ab_channel=Tomzumir3
Had a Deadrising kick earlier this year and ended up playing 1, 2, OTR, and ending at 3 cause it just wasn't as good. I know 4 blows it out of the water for bad. But ehhhh.

Skateboard ruins immersion.

youtube.com/watch?v=cjFI8zmJn9U
best theme

Attached: 1606849420594.png (400x400, 177.79K)

It is. I wish the AI for survivors weren't that retarded. Everything else was fine; nothing wrong with a little rough on the edges.

How many people can be saved here?

Can I play this on a Series X?

yeah

only the remastered port. the 360 version isnt backwards compatible

1 and 2 are god tier games
Shame what happened to the series afterwards
youtu.be/WPxHA1T8S30
youtu.be/MNHnZdCzUcY
youtu.be/lDeThz30JtQ
youtu.be/Jz50JsL_38o

Attached: Chuck and Frank.jpg (1280x720, 111.75K)

But this doesn't?

Attached: Dead Rising lawnmower.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

I have a hard time with games that have a timer running, but I played Dead Rising with a friend watching so that made me get over it and I glad I did. Kino game.

Yeah.

>have yet to play 4
it can't be THAT bad right?

Don't do it

What the hell even happened? The first one was developed internally, then they let a Canadian studio make the second one which was great. What happened after that?

>That feel when I thought it was okay but moved on quickly
Heh didn't get ME

for real. Dead Rising 2 is fun, but 1 is a goddamn masterpiece.

i play most games at least two or three times, even games i absolutely despise. i could only finish dr4 once and couldn't get passed the intro when i tried playing it again, i couldnt even force myself to play it because it was so shit and was just completely boring and miserable to play

Attached: 1646338043904.png (640x480, 366.82K)

Not only is it bad as a Dead Rising game, it's just not a very good game in general. The game is extremely on content and feels more like a Saints Row game than a Dead Rising game.

Dead Rising: Game is completely serious, humor is derived from unscriptedplayer action.

Dead Rising 4: Game is a parody of itself, humor is derived from scripted action.

Attached: 1628701861505.jpg (1082x1024, 148.92K)

Off the Record > 1 > 2

I don't get it

man that's so sad. I was hoping one day I'd hear a reason to buy DR4 but looks like absolute trash. How did they depart so far from what was a fun game?

Who's making this shit?

I recall DR2 being shunned even before OFTR which happened to calm the complaints. What changed?

great game weighed down heavily by the awful rescue missions. every time i think about replaying it I remember how unfun that is

dr2 had a lack of this fella

Attached: 1584106277839.jpg (574x577, 35.11K)

they fug

This is a perfect example of 'they don't make them like they used to'. This is game is brimming with soul: A unique game concept, tons of replayability, fun and memorable characters, surprisingly decent story, great OST. I need to go back and replay this. It's too bad that this IP is basically dead now after the travesty that was 4.

Attached: 1cc.png (1416x672, 207.75K)

OTR is definitely an improvement over 2, but I wouldn't go as far as to say its as good as 1, let alone better.
Is 3 worth playing at all? Seems kind of mediocre from what i've seen.

>No Proyect X Zone Frank

Off the Record changed a ton of stuff. It's basically a soft remake of 2.
deadrising.fandom.com/wiki/Differences_between_Dead_Rising_2_and_Off_the_Record

dr4 suffers from that trend that really took off around 2010 give or take a couple years where everything violent is supposed to be also a really witty and funny take on society etc, very gay

It's ok. It really deviated from the campy B-movie feel and tone that the first two games had to go with a more grounded and serious tone and they greatly expanded the scope of the game world which makes it a slog getting around it at times. It's certainly not a bad game, but I wouldn't say it's really worth playing outside of curiosity.

>Who's making this shit?
canadians

Have you played 2? They improved the AI a ton in that game, I literally never had a survivor die on me. But honestly I kind of find that to be a flaw. Rescuing survivors in 1 had a desperation and intensity to it, you knew it was very easy for your people to die. In 2 it feels very flat and boring. you just casually stroll to the safehouse.
I'll give you a tip to help you enjoy DR1 more, you can't save everyone. Sometimes you just have to leave someone behind and keep moving to save the rest of your crew. The first time i played DR I tried savescumming to save as many survivors as I could and I hated it. Then I started accepting the losses and just kept moving and I loved it.

>Is 3 worth playing at all? Seems kind of mediocre from what i've seen.
>excessive amount of HD
>more serious tone
>meh combat
>No memorable characters let alone difficulty
From the looks of it, to me it reeks of tryhard.

But they also made 2 and OTR. What happened?

The "first time" effect wore off.

Dead Rising is a shining example of what artistic value video games hold over time. It is timeless yet a perfect window into Western culture of the 2000s through the satirical lens of the East. It was a perfect blend of gameplay, visuals and the pitch perfect tone of the story that has helped make it age more gracefully over time.

Every single game after the first, no matter how good or how bad, lost that pitch perfect tone of tense horror mixed just ever so perfectly with a sense of humour about itself. Instead, it fully embraced the satire aspect; losing both the illusion of horror and, ironically enough, the satire in itself.

I think, if there was a Video Game Library, Dead Rising would deserve its very own wing.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3264x3264, 3.1M)

Pretty sure one of the guys that made Dead Rising 1 was helping them for 2.

Remember the time when guy who voiced Frank West starred in gay jogging movie about big foot and half naked men living together?

Attached: p10775197_p_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 338.93K)

>Dead Rising 4 was shi-

Attached: Dead Rising 4.webm (640x360, 2.62M)

Video game coding is a dying art. There are maybe a handful of games from last generation that you can say had an high attention to detail.

Attached: Batman Arkham Knight 03.webm (1080x720, 2.91M)

Brutally honest? That is realistic. OOF.
The skateboarding on water breaks immersion.

Damning, but the comparison of 5:49 to 6:02 is just sad.
Textures, modelling, color palette, ambient sounds, huge ui for tards with 'selfie' option, animation, lighting, zombie behaviour - it's ALL worse.
How does it go so backwards and why has it happened to every IP?

meant for

Attached: Moose head.webm (1280x718, 1.76M)

I remember almost quitting at the Carlito bossfight, but then I persevered and I'm glad I did. It's a great game, though you really need to learn how the game works, or you'll get frustrated in no time.

> that same 2 zombies in yellow and beige color coats

not him but that's not even Dead Rising 1. The games after 1 got noticeably sillier and wackier in tone compared to the first game.

You have successfully done a rescue all survivors run, right user? You aren't a fake fan, are you?

I hate OTR blood covering Frank's suit wrong so much it's unreal.

>You have successfully done a rescue all survivors run, right user?

Attached: Nord Yes.png (680x709, 243.33K)

what about smoothies that make your spit lethal?

Attached: merge_from_ofoct(24).jpg (4319x2047, 2.47M)

I've been watching a bunch of autistic STiP0 videos covering niche Dead Rising stuff, very comfy

Attached: comfy.jpg (400x299, 15.48K)

Link?

i member, its hard out there for actors

youtube.com/c/STiP0/videos
a majority of his videos are dedicated to DR1

Just search STiP0 on youtube.