Press S to spit

Press S to spit.

Attached: zombie company.png (1087x797, 650.43K)

>You'll never visit a Japan that still has packed out arcades filled with unique peripheral-based games you'll never find anywhere else in the world

Attached: 976495 - Brave_Little_Toaster Rob_McGroarty toaster.jpg (871x917, 137.17K)

SEGA

I feel this isn't the first time I saw news like this.
What about Initial D and maimai? I care a bit about these

Is it? Are they just closing their arcade centers or are they also killing support for their arcade games like the Miku one and the shitcolle one?

>No more Club Sega minigames in the Yakuza
rip

Attached: 28122730199181[1].jpg (960x640, 139.04K)

they sold the arcades to another company. they're still going to be making arcade games as far as we know.

They are going out of the arcade management business, but they will still manufacture arcades and sell them to whoever wants to manage them.

Society is collapsing.

Oh, I see.

Attached: 1642879490103.jpg (526x701, 90.12K)

i honestly had no idea they were still really in the arcade business other than the few ones you see in japan which always looked like a lot of fun.

Joypolis was fun. 'tis a shame.

>S to spit.
Fuck you newfag.

Attached: honey 6.jpg (1200x1663, 349.89K)

F

cope and seethe.

Attached: LOL.png (1280x720, 495.89K)

bueno

Attached: 1638419312400.jpg (337x330, 43.57K)

>The modern arcade business
Based Sega

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-3-Pachislot-Machine-1.jpg (1024x1365, 358.98K)

REMINDER: Sega is ONLY worth six billion dollars. Activision was bought for $70 billion dollars.

thank fucking god those sidequests blow chunks

>Have never been to a Club Sega before
>Will probably never be in Club Sega and enjoy SEGA arcades ever now it's closing down

Attached: 1649998859016.jpg (1200x675, 90.15K)

Hands that never touched an arcade machine typed this post

Time to start collecting those PCB if you are into that, they are all gonna disappear eventually.

they had no choice. konami knows how to make money, sega knows how to burn it.
source? their market cap is 3.6B

Attached: 1649824114875.jpg (2045x6288, 2.72M)

>Gameworks dead in the US
>Club Sega dead in Japan
>Only excuse for game cabinets comes from Raw Thrills.

Attached: Nico pain.jpg (125x124, 6.11K)

I remember they announced some sort of cloud arcades.
What did happen with that?

What happens if Sega of Japan never goes full retard with the Genesis? It's been obvious since the 5th console generation that arcades wouldn't survive too many decades as a mainstream thing compared to consoles/handhelds, the Saturn was supposed to be their bridge that future-proofed the company how can someone fuck up this bad? Was it all meant to go to shit the moment they rejected using SGI tech?

this shit is misleading.
you just wont see sega owned gamecenters anymore but they are still making arcade games.

it's over

Attached: 1555566645121.png (1280x803, 1.26M)

I think the first real domino that led to them fucking up was the 32X. That just was an absolutely horrible decision that served no purpose and led to so, SO much brain drain between systems. You either double down, and say add ons for the Genesis were what was going to carry Sega through the mid 90s (bad idea, but an idea all the same), or you focus on the Saturn, and gracefully sunset the Genesis, like any normal company would.

Could you actually played hang-on or any other old Sega game in Club Sega irl?
I was there but I didn't notice classic games.

Nigga Yakuza as it was is dead already

Feels bad man, I'm glad I live next to one of the biggest arcades in America but I hate seeing the industry get hurt hard like this.

kek

Attached: 1618799414684.jpg (640x480, 79.95K)

SSSSS Squad

OP, as always, is a complete faggot.
By the way since most of you are fucking Zoomers, I'd recommend trying Crazy Taxi. It's the pinnacle of Sega's arcade talents, and one of the greatest games ever made.

The arcade industry is dead outside of maybe Japan. But hey, just part of the collapse of society.

Attached: crazy-taxi-header.jpg (1306x803, 154.04K)

Sony chads can't stop winning. What a joke of a company.

Attached: 88.png (680x453, 443.71K)

The most annoying thing about the 32X is that they didn't even try to make it seem worth buying, no real killer app, no great port or anything like that, nothing good that truly couldn't have been done on the Genesis, barely any advertisement for whatever was worth checking out. Easily the most soulless thing sega ever did and I feel bad for the devs that wasted their efforts and money on it in an era where porting games between systems was quite difficult.

Arent all arcade games nowadays those shitty card games dispensers

arcades are pretty much dead in japan as well.
90% of gamecenters are just filled with rhythm games and the occasional fighting game.
prize catchers as well if you want to include that.

in terms of arcades in the US, all they have is Round 1. they still update their games.

Arcades havent made sense since the early 00s
we can run games at home now we arent limited to crappy consoles for home play, arcade style games can still be made and sold too if yuo wanted
There is nothing to be sad about when all arcades eventually close in Japan

Say what you will about Knuckles Chaotix, but imagine if that energy was put into a Sonic game on the Saturn. A 1994, 1995 2D sonic game would've still worked. This was before Mario 64. Could've given the Saturn some legs.

>Arcades havent made sense since the early 00s
No, they so still make sense. It's just that they stopped being the only place to play video games for everyone.
Arcades are fantastic if you're hanging out with friends or family outside and want to play with them or show off how good you are.
And besides, it's hard to replicate some of arcade experience, especially racing and shooting games, at home because of the controls the arcades use.

Attached: MARIO_KART_GP.jpg (900x540, 219.44K)

arcades are dea-

Attached: Dave Busters-Shutterstock_1623358670.jpg (1800x945, 1.37M)

This really sucks

Based, I live next to one of these

>go to one
>all the games are shitty mobile apps on giant touch screens solely for tickets
thanks i sure do love subway surfer and fruit ninja

Attached: 1433671145228.gif (1024x576, 399.78K)

Bar 1st, arcade a distant memory, well behind point redemption machines.
>arcades are pretty much dead in japan as well.
Pretty much this, when I went 3 years ago. Outside of the touristy areas of Nara or Akihabara it is rhythm, ufo catcher with maybe some others.

RIP Kowloon Walled City arcade in Kawasaki, too cool and well themed for this world

almost as much as Sega

dave and busters was only good when they started out.
i remember going there a lot just to play derby owners club with a bunch of other drunks.

Attached: Derby-owners-club-DOC-simulation-game[1].jpg (945x534, 77.74K)

I've been to Japan. Sega arcades fucking sucked. Once the Taito ones close that's something to cry about. Trust me. You aren't missing much. Even Club Sega in Shinjuku was total anus.

Arcades started dying out in the US when they started charging more than a quarter per play.
Who the fuck would want to pay a dollar+ for less than a few minutes game time?

Sega is pretty much dead now.

Arcades starting dying when they stopped giving a fuck about upkeep. They all just stole your money.

>now
they've recycled the same 4 ips for a decade

Attached: p.png (1003x550, 114.33K)

Arcade stick era is over. It's Hitbox time

Attached: Controller.png (1920x1080, 762.87K)

pretty much this.
aside from some neat rhythm games. they were literally just filled with UFO catchers and photo machines.
i guess people are still under the assumption that japanese arcades are filled with all kinds of different arcade games. yeah no, its all garbage.

>go to barcade
>80% of the cabinets are absolutely beat to shit
I don't know know if it's from drunk retards beating the shit out of them or that skilled arcade repair men are rare and expensive, or a combination of both. It's fun but more a once in awhile thing. If they actaully maintained the machines well, I'd love to throw down like 50 bucks worth of quarters with some people and see if we can actaully beat gauntlet legends or something.

Sega, pls replace Sony in the hardware business...

ive worked at a barcade before and sometimes its just too expensive to maintain cabs, especially if they are the original. so if it turns on, takes money and plays, thats good enough.
the one i worked at, most of the cabs were replicas that way repairs on the outside can be fixed rather easily. some were fitted with the real hardware internally or through emulation.

Finally, now all they need to do is rebrand STI and rehire Mania Team to revive the game series quality again and Sonic will be officially reperfected again.
>Movies good
>Comic good and maybe KP will be sued to death
>Chris Chan asylum'd
>Games free from SóyGa.
You love to see it/

Attached: why SEGA.png (1280x1440, 1.27M)

F

They're still sony's bitch and give them exclusives for free.

Attached: never giving these kikes another cent.png (878x352, 126.3K)

>exclusives
>also available on Xbox

Attached: 81oNqneCgPL._SX425_.jpg (425x543, 35.67K)

No one bought this shit on xbox. Just like no one will buy soulless hackers 2 on xbox.

Attached: pc port.png (747x196, 84.96K)