*dies*

>*dies*

Attached: sorcerer-rogier.jpg (1288x1200, 294.58K)

the only souls character to acknowledge how scary the player is

>exploration game
>his quest breaks if you step into the wrong area
Thanks Mitsubishi-sama, great exploration game, very cool.

Attached: 1522645736505.png (481x435, 346.53K)

His fashion is retarded

how did he even survive getting full-on impaled by death roots?

He didn't, obviously

>get hit by usually insta-death root
>has death bloodstain on ground
but hey he's only half dead and he survives long enough to have a quest chain at the hold? it's plain goofy

just explore?? It's impossible to fuck his quest line up if you actually play the game.

>give him the key
>*dies*
This one made the least sense, why the fuck did he die?

Attached: Thops.png (1280x720, 1.45M)

His questline leading into Ranni's is such a great experience and I'm glad that I got to experience it on my first playthrough. I feel bad for the people that just talked to Ranni without getting the buildup from Rogier.

i like to think he went back to try the Thops Barrier spell he was working on and got blasted because it's near impossible to use

Its crazy how much you can miss if you rush. On my second playthrough Rogier just died and I never heard of the mystery of the black knifeprint, Patches never kicked me down the basilisk pit, didn't become bros with Jerren, never met Blaidd at Siofra and talked to Sellen and Seluvis about Radahn, and Goldmask and Corhyn just died because I burnt the tree without solving their puzzle.
I'm happy I took it slow on my first playthrough but it's sad for people that miss out on context and characters interacting with each other

>ruins literally all lore theories of the black knives because of a single line of dialogue

>guy creates anti-magic spells
>in an academy of pebble spamming faggots
do the math

Academy glintstone keys are meant to be used by their owner only and there can be serious consequences if you use one that isn't yours.
I also got the impression he was an outcast and the crazy wizards killed him on sight for showing his face again.

Generally speaking the main theme of Elden Ring is escaping the influence and plans of outside powers. Even succeeding in escaping this generally requires sacrifice if not death.

He was too beholden to a way of life he wasnt suited for. He was one of the few who did manage to succeed and transcend his fate.

It's obvious he just worked himself to death making the spell.

I think he did die but just came back like you do all the time.

Attached: FPpmaZ8aQAEo9NM.jfif.jpg (2324x3941, 628.92K)

I found this guy at the Hold after beating Maliketh. I was walking around the Roundtable Hold looking at it on fire and lo and behold, some jackoff has been dead for ages in a cranny I never bothered to look at again. Nice game Soulbabs.

Thanks for the hat faggot
And for your corpse disappearing

ever jumped down that balcony? there's a npc invasion down there

Kinda kino that the game implies his spell will become legendary in time even though he's a reject. He made it, in a way.
Even though carian retaliation is better the idea of completely dissipating magic is huge I guess.

I mean he's a pretty nice guy.

So did he become a zombie, or...? Isn't that what happens? Those Who Live In Death?

>ruins your character
Why is Miyazaki obsessed with retards who turn themselves into common enemy npcs?

Attached: 20220413225904_1.jpg (1920x1080, 318.97K)

Yes I did. Killed the invader. Didn't see Rogier then. That's why I didn't look at his spot again, since there's no other NPCs on the balcony.

if you use it on elden beast it cucks all its magic. thops was a brightstone

I think he just came back like any tarnished before they stop seeing grace.

Yea no hes cool and all but well eh dude just dies and when i first came across him i just thought oh well. Magic corpse disposals though very interdastins

Same, saw him sleeping there late game and completely forgot I ever even met him in Stormveil

Just fuck you???? you're a retard

Should I give this to Fia? I already gave Ranni the ring, if that makes any difference?

Attached: eldenring_2022_04_14_20_13_14_829.jpg (2560x1440, 1.39M)

>discovers spell that can stand up to a god
>apparently its either the most effective or the only one that can deflect its magic
God damn, now I'm sad. He made it indeed.

Yeah if you want. You can complete both quests then choose between either ending at the end. Both questlines are lucrative.

Thanks, I'll probably just stick with Ranni's ending.

What even is Rogier's quest? After buying some ashes from him at Stormveil Caste, I haven't seem him for like 50 hours until I found him unresponsive in a wheelchair at the Roundtable Hold, and then he died after I reloaded the area.

What happened to him? What lore does he give?

tranny

YWNBAW

Yeah, even says he may have become conspectus, meaning they make a stone head after him.

Rogier is a Fia supporter who wants to find the cursemark of death so Fia can mend it. He tells you find Ranni for information.
The problem is that he says the black knife assassins are scions from the underground eternal cities, he is the one single source that says this and it contradicts every other piece of lore about yet lorefags still perform mental gymnastics to try and have it make sense

Rogier was afflicted by the Deathblight from the Godwyn roots found under Stormveil Castle. He used to be a hunter of Those Who Live in Death along with D, but had a falling out after his legs were crippled by his affliction and he began to sympathize with Those Who Live in Death instead. That's why he appears among Fia's Champions at the Prince of Death's Throne.

What the the fuck was his problem?

Attached: d killing fia.png (1174x720, 877.15K)

>say cryptic shit
>laugh
>you can find my corpse in a lategame area

which fromsoft npc am I

Uhhhhhhhhhhh Zanzibart?

ROBERTOOOOOOOOOOO

>retards who turn themselves into common enemy npcs
That's implying that Rennala wasn't the one that did that to her. Sellen's whole thing was overthrowing the Carian noble's hold on the Raya Lucaria academy and bringing primordial glintstone magic back. Except you come back to the academy and find Rennala there hale and hearty while Sellen's a ball of faces.

Fia killed his brother and his telepathic connection to his brother meant he felt his brother die.

He's your average anti-footfag

Rennala really doesn't give a shit about anything anymore. Radagon's dick mindcrushed her so hard she went retarded. I doubt she'd have the presence of mind to and/or care about punishing Sellen.

She cares enough to grant Boc's request if you're stupid enough to not talk him out of it.

what do you mean?

Rennala probably only knows how to rebirth things anymore. Person standing in front of her? Oh, they must want to be reborn!

That's not true though considering she uses spells in the fight against you, and talks to you when you're doing a respec.

That's not Rennala. That's an automatic defense conjuration created by Ranni of Rennala at her peak, to protect her now-retarded mother. If you defeat Rennala before doing Ranni's quest, Ranni will add the "the name of Ranni the Witch has already been sullied by thee" line, otherwise she doesn't say it.

>simps fia even in death
what a chad

I don't think that's literally him. I think those are phantoms created by Fia from the "warmth" of people she's hugged. Rogier can appear there regardless if he's alive or dead.

If you don't find Lusat, then that won't happen. Which means that she did it to herself

so that's the trigger for that line
A bit stupid that you pwning her mother only randomly comes up so far in the game

>can I kill you real quick
>invisible wall
>no

and carian school already has a better version. with swords.

Really? In another thread an user told me that Rogier is always dead at that point.

It's more that you trivialized her extensive defense spell and proved to the world that Ranni the Witch is incompetent at magic.