Is SquareEnix now the worst publisher?

>Babylon’s Fall drops below 10 concurrent Steam users

Between this, balan and that embarrassing final fantasy prequel, is it finally time to acknowledge squareenix as the worst publisher in the industry?

Attached: ogp_square-enix.png (1200x630, 17.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/4qvWZlx84q7KqooV5xGJSw/
arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/final fantasy persona definitive jrpg/
screenrant.com/avengers-game-sales-no-profit-60-million-loss-square-enix/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah, that dubious accolade belongs to EA.

Attached: Screenshot_20220412-150656_Chrome.png (1439x1228, 1.37M)

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/4qvWZlx84q7KqooV5xGJSw/

Why does it feel like theyre extra shit now. They released bad shit before but nowadays it feels like its constantly back to back shitty releases to the point of being close to a shovelware developer.

Attached: 10 more years of seethe.png (942x882, 541.13K)

Blunder (Balan) wonderSad threads were comfy
The gay song dance
Farmer
Dolphin rape
Everything about it was magical to laugh at

>Babylon’s Fall
This game wasn't even advertised. Didn't even knew it existed until rent free tards on Yea Forums started crying over it

endwalker was good
jacks game was good
triangle strategy was good

>now

Attached: Hogg.png (322x314, 173.31K)

I'm so happy other studios like falcom have picked up square's slack
trails is truly the most kino
plus it causes troon and Yea Forumsedditor butthurt so I'm reminded how much I enjoy it every time some faggot on here seethes about them ;)

Attached: 12738291.png (700x796, 445.56K)

What is wrong with fatlus fans?

They're the worst Japanese publisher for sure. For every Triangle Strategy or Strangers of Paradise, you get 10 fucking shitty games that flops.
It's because their good releases have become rarer and rarer each passing year. They're now surviving only because of their MMO and they keep putting money on fucking Marvel games that no one actually cares about.

Attached: plok is tired.jpg (274x228, 18.99K)

Who knows. They're pretty fucking obsessed though,
arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/final fantasy persona definitive jrpg/

Attached: 5.png (1128x670, 308.71K)

FFXIV slowly dying too, I wonder what they are going to do.

nice headcanon.

Attached: kuso.png (947x222, 178.43K)

>Strangers of Paradise, you get 10 fucking shitty games that flops.
Those 2 things are synonymous, not opposites

it will always be ea games

Releasing shitty games used to be a sign of an incompetent development team. Now games are being made intentionally shittier to sell more microtransactions.

>stopped making good games
>review copies of chocobo gp had no microtransaction bullshit at all so they could get good reviews and release what is essentially a gacha that costs $50 to start playing
>make chrono cross expire so ps3 and vita users can no longer play the game and have to buy the new remaster instead
Yes, there is literally no other publisher that has fucked up this bad.

Is this the hourly square seethe thread?

Attached: 4.png (1417x102, 22.39K)

They are terrible at greenlighting projects. Their management is truly incompetent and yet they occasionally can produce decent enough games every so often like Trials of Mana and FF7R. I still like them more than Ubisoft but they have much lower lows than Ubi does.

I blame final transtasy 14

blame chaos

SquareEnix seems to be the most cancerous publisher, there's no way so many of their games from all ranges of devs can all be THAT shit without them interferring in some way.
The microtransactions in so many of their games is most definitely their fault.

Fuck off, Barry.

>FFXIV dying
>last census was 1.7 milion
>new pvp mode is alive even at 3-4am.
Come on nigger

They fell off a fucking cliff after ffx, don't kid yourself. Everything since has been a catastrophe

Ff13 and 14 nearly bankrupted the company

>now
Dude they're the entire reason the last Deus Ex was a dud. They loaded it with so many cancerous microtransactions that it completely ruined the game's reputation. For instance, you buy a DLC gun and use it. You have to buy it AGAIN for another playthrough. That's right. Single use DLC weapons for a single player game. Human Revolution was good, and Mankind Divided was unironically better in my opinion, it felt more like the OG game as far as open exploration and stuff went, and then Squeenix fucking ruined it. Fuck 'em.

Attached: fine by me.jpg (388x443, 150.58K)

All ea does is release madden and battlefield, who fucking cares

That's all they have left after they killed all the good studios they've bought up over the years. Westwood RIP. Gone but not forgotten.

That would be KOEI TECMO

Yea Forums likes to call every game shit but truly shit games that are just hilarious trainwrecks are a rare and unifying experience

Cope, nobody is as bad as squinx

Don't even get me started on Kanye and lynch

FF7R was a solid 7/10

Attached: 7.png (288x118, 6.92K)

Mid as fuck and it's one part per 5 years or more.

I despise having to defend Babylons Fall or SE in any capacity but the game dropping below 10 players was because it was updating.
Laugh at its actual low playercount, not the clickbait journo shit.

>Square Enix's best output in years was contract work on Xenoblade 2.

Attached: Xenodogisaga.png (1080x1080, 61.08K)

I loved everything about balan except for the actual game mechanics. It had potential to be game of the decade. If they had just made it so that costume swaps are instantaneous it would have done wonders for the game

Nostalgia goggles

Xenoblade 2 was an embarrassment

You're high as fuck or trolling

They have their fair share of good and bad releases, same as any other year
>NEO TWEWY
>Strangers of Paradise
>Triangle Strategy
>Trials of Mana
>the SaGa games

screenrant.com/avengers-game-sales-no-profit-60-million-loss-square-enix/
Don't forget this garbage, spent months waiting for it to get good or at least decent. Still garbage.

>Strangers of Paradise
SEtrannies are still trying to push this shit game as the next Godhand, I see.

Strangers of Paradise was a fucking joke man

Square also wants to be just like us west folk! By catering to the woke because they think its the hip thing, they even made a gay bird mascot!

No it fucking was not lmao

Nomura without Disney: embrassingly bad kusoge, corny dialogue that makes you shake your head in disbelief.
Nomura with Disney: +100 to cringe.

When did you realize that this hack should stop directing?

Attached: 1649799379196.png (699x278, 24.41K)

obsessed.

Square has become super woke, all their western games are about ugly woman saving the day while white men are depicted as weaklings and idiots who need to be rescued by women every 5 seconds and are super sexulized with several shirtless outfits while female characters are all generic "strong wyman" mary sues that have both their breast size and cleavage censored. And even their japanese games are heavily censored these days.

kh3 bombed
ff7r bombed
neo twewy bombed
ffo sop bombed
balan wonderland bombed
quiet man bombed
left alive bombed
kh3 remind bombed
kh mom bombed
ff7r intergrade bombed

it's funny how 80% of those games had nomura involved and were all from the same business division at SE.

fake numbers and its a global game retard someone is always awake

>Babylon’s Fall drops below 10 concurrent Steam users
Can I get a qrd on why the game is bad?

Attached: 1645723398953.jpg (1024x768, 100.16K)

schizo.

Stranger of Paradise was actually the best FF game made in like 20 years, mainly because Square didn't actually make it.

>fake numbers
holy fucking cope lol

Attached: incompetence.jpg (704x180, 43.47K)

Triangle strategy- kino
Stranger of paradise- kino
NEO twewy- kino
Bravely default II- kino
XIV- #1 mmo

Square just needs to stay away from live service shit

Also give us a final fantasy musou

>pso2
>not ff14

Yes i'm posting a dead game. Post your source for your headcanon.

Just "FF13" is selling it short. There was the development hell and subsequent underperformance of XII, but more importantly XIII failing tanked the entire "Fabula Nova Crystallis" concept along with it so that alone accounts for like five or six years of bad output and a toxic anchor that continued on into this decade with vXIII/XV.

Square Enix will be fine for the next ten years as long as FFXIV exists.

Attached: I am mad scientist. It's so cool! Sonovabich.jpg (3840x2160, 2.35M)

nothing wrong with NFTs

dumb pay piggy.

Attached: kikes.png (936x902, 770.44K)

>so you make a token for art or something
>no you dont own the art, the copywrite, the non permanent hyperlink to art

>lets make this the next big thing
no.