Imagine going for any other ending

This post was made by the elden lord gang

Attached: marika_vs_rada.jpg (2048x1365, 567.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/dark-souls-almost-called-dark-race
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unthinkable

Attached: 1649991749653.png (550x503, 294.96K)

kill yourself

Attached: eren.jpg (1200x675, 51.25K)

>Marika, what a woman you are

Attached: comically large dog.jpg (1280x791, 118.44K)

>he didnt do the jeb bush ending

>t.

Attached: marikaseethe.jpg (1500x1400, 415.47K)

Tangentially related, but it pisses me off that people call the age of dark a good ending.
No it isn't.
The age of fire is all we have ever known. Humanity as we understand it only exists as a result of the flame.
Gwyn isn't evil for preserving the world he knows isn't bad. As far as I can tell from the lore, the age of dark will just enslave/kill the gods, so how the fuck would you ever believe that Gwyn desperately trying to save his entire race is evil? He even sacrifices himself to the fucking thing! The plin plon is thematically relevant. The flame going out is BAD, but in the narrative it's unavoidable.

>Scammed her way into godhood
>Stole the concept of death and used it to threaten people by giving it to her dog
>Constantly scheming to screw over the space jews
>STR unga bunga enthusiast
>FUCKS
>Creates a tulpa, it locks her in a tree
She's based desu

>The Greater Will gives us eternal life and abundance, but dares to expect us to follow its rules in return?!
>RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The only mistake the GW did was elevate Marika to a position of power.

pretty based for a walking homestuck reference desu ne

Yes, but what of Gwyn's tax policies?

>implying she consented

>dark is le evil just muh fantasy isn't it a fantasy right?
>what do you mean dragons are just retards sitting for eternity doing nothing
>what do you mean legendary knight is just a loser who couldn't do shit and your accomplishments are taken by him so it would make gods propaganda stronger
>what do you mean princess isn't even fucking real and it's arguable if she was in the first place
>what do you mean wise king is just a hobo

They're the fairest fucking policies this side of blight town.

why is maliketh so sexy

She never asked for this

Attached: 1648331892130.jpg (1000x4000, 640.48K)

>eternal life
Not entirely, you keep on living until the greater will gets to eat your living soul and body once you stop moving

I don't even know what you're talking about? Are you assuming my dark souls ideology or something?

The gods and the humans are opposing beings. When one thrives in the age of fire, the other diminishes and vica versa. The age of dark is the natural order of things and is how humanity in this universe is supposed to be.

But the natural order is bullshit. If I were a God, I'd want to live. I understand why the humans want their turn, but to say that it's a "good ending" is hogwash.

Pure headcanon. All that can be fairly concretely inferred is that people WILLINGLY "returned to the roots" to be reborn when it came time for them to "die".

kek this is the most widespread headcanon on this board, I wonder who was the original autist who started this.

>Humanity is supposed to be an edgy murder cult

Attached: darkwraith.png (600x861, 611.28K)

>But the natural order is bullshit

Attached: 1637953441889.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

>As far as I can tell from the lore, the age of dark will just enslave/kill the gods, so how the fuck would you ever believe that Gwyn desperately trying to save his entire race is evil?
because his turn is over plus the gods are dicks to humans. the age of dark is the age of humanity, if you, as a human, prefer the gods ruling over humans then you're a retard.

>Ereh cuck.
>Was never free, only a puppet of a retarded woman with stockholm syndrome all along.
Nah kill yourself.

What is marika seething about?

Yeah, and I'll stand by it. If you can resist the natural order, by all means do it. It worked for Gwyn for a while. Remember, we only see the shitty parts of the world. There are living humans (not undead) who live outside of that place, and get by fine.

The Greater Will said she's not allowed to fuck her shadow.

Dark souls humans are also made of evil black slime and beef jerky. Forgive me if I don't find myself resonating with them.

That's the point my guy. Neither is objectively good for everyone
Presumably something would follow the Age of Dark and be equally detrimental, just this time to humanity

You're being so willfully fucking stupid it's unreal. If you really do believe that might = right, then you would consider the age of dark to be good if it wins out, which it does.

I love how almost all of Marika's fanart depicts her as a constantly annoyed and depressed Karen, because this is the impression I got from her as well.

That's exactly what I'm saying! But I heard people say "Gwyn is the most evil character in fiction" and it blew my fucking mind. Imagine if Gwyn was human and we played as gods.
BULLSHIT

I don't think that Gwyn is GOOD, I just don't think he's bad. I think he's desperate, and his motivations are perfectly sound. The age of dark might be infinitely worse, and I won't blame the man for fearing a world that he cannot understand.

golden order is a shit

It's a good ending for humanity.
You're a human too, not just a puppet of the gods.

>Freedom Fan
>Marika

But that's not a good ending for everyone. The gods are smart, intelligent beings. Their lives aren't irrelevant.
Dark souls is a race-war. I don't think I could comfortably say that either deserves to win.

>Yes

How is it a good ending, though? Kaathe and his Darkwraiths are probably going to be the ones ruling this new age, and they are very unlikely to have good intentions.

Age of dark is supposed to be the world where humans in their primordial form rule the world, Gwyn took that away from humanity by extending the Age of fire artificially and creating a situation of co-dependency because the would be humans would become accustomed to their fleeting forms and resist going back to their original form, and would thus seek the ritual of kindling and thus the firekeepers and the lords who would norture their souls to become powerful enough to kindle the first flame started.

So basically the flame going out isn't BAD, but it just will never happen because Gwyn created a vicious cycle, the age of humans will never come and the world is doomed because of Gwyn's fear of the dark.

Humans in their primordial form are mindless hollows. Just like how life in it's primordial form in Elden Ring is just a single big fuckoff cancer.

that reminds me, one of the names the game had before they settled on "Dark Souls" was "Dark Races", they changed it for obvious reasons.

Attached: I'm Blue (Da Ba Dee Da Ba Di).png (1600x900, 2.45M)

An understandable fear.
Also, I'm pretty sure the fire is going out? The fire ending in DS3 is really cool in that you can see how subdued the fire has really become. The age of dark is inevitable, that's the whole theme of the game. "Breaking the cycle" and all that. Perhaps to a buddhist this goal seems noble, but I do not respect without reason the natural order of the world.

Mindless hollows are the opposite of that.
They are husks of undead who had lost their humanity.

Is that actually real? Did I really strike on something truthful with my ideas?
Can you link me to the source or something?

Wrong. Hollows are humans whose humanity has been unleashed from the fire.

eurogamer.net/dark-souls-almost-called-dark-race

It's worth noting that we see exactly what happens if the flame is continued to be lit in DaS3 with the world covered in ashes.

"eternal life" until you aren't useful any more and drop dead on the spot to be put on the bench like what happens on the Hero's Rune. Imagine you win first place in the Olympics and just have a heart attack right then and there, and don't get to live until it's decided you can be used for something.

That's fucking great.
I am now a video game essayist, and my ideas are proven to be somewhat relevant.

Dude...in every dark souls game we need to consume "humanity" to prevent ourselves from becoming hollows.
It is exactly the opposite of what you said.
Humanity related to the Dark Soul, the essence of humans, the lack of it makes humans become empty.

More headcanon for what happens after you die. The description for the rune only mentions people dying after they completed some heroic endeavor. It makes no mention of them being "benched" like you put it.

That makes it sound even worse. Why are they dying?

I never did the link the fire ending because it sounded pointless considering the theme of the game.
But I just checked it, seems like the flame is already at its end in DS3 no matter how many powerful souls we feed it, it can no longer maintain itself. So all Gwyn was able to do was prolong the inevitable and cause countless ages of death and misery with increasingly short periods of peace as the first flame kept withering.

All we know is that death was not permanent during the age of the Erdtree and people were reborn through the tree. This in mind, it could even have been a reward from the GW to be reborn "early" (ie before you are old and decrepit) if you did something heroic.

We clearly see in the intro of DS1 that primordial humans are hollows. What makes these hollows human is the combination of the Dark Soul and the Darksign, IE the seal of fire on the Dark. When the age of fire fades the Darksign weakens, unleashing the Dark. Consuming a humanity is feeding it to the Darksign to strengthen it, in the same way you feed bonfires humanity to kindle them.

maybe if you posted it before april 2021 but aaron yoghurt is just a lying faggot and a cuck and I hope someone shits in Isayama's onsen that stupid fucking small dick nip

The Shattering couldn't have happened more than a couple decades ago right? It feels weird with From trying to make it seem like it was a typical DaS "everything cool happened a billion years ago" when in-game it feels more recent.

I think just the dark soul is what makes them human, the dark sign always seemed more like the attempt to contain that power.

There’s no arguing with DaS3 idiots, user
I will always despise that game for ruining DaS1’s beautiful narrative

>Maliketh is Marika's brother