Elden Ring lore thread

So, according to Miriel aka the Turtle Pope, Radagon was already a famous conqueror and came from beyond the Lands Between as a champion of the Golden Order when he fought the two wars with Rennala/Caria.

So doesn't this explicitly with the quote from Melina, end the retarded nonsense about Marika and Radagon always being the same person?

Attached: __fia_the_deathbed_companion_elden_ring_drawn_by_asakiri_koko__44d689dd7cfba854536aeb67afdd5ff9.jpg (1395x1600, 879.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Spirit Tree Shield
github.com/AsteriskAmpersand/Carian-Archive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As much as I wish that were the case, afaik there’s no definitive proof ingame either way. I assume the Miriel dialogue you refer to is this
>He came to these lands at the head of a great golden host, when he met Lady Rennala in battle.
“these lands” refers to Liurnia

You don't know for sure "came to these lands" doesn't mean specifically Liurnia or the Lands Between in general though.

It's established in the lore that only Empyreans can rise up to Godhood
What would be Miquella's god form then?
If Millecent is actually Malenia's daughter could she be an Empyrean as well?
>Malenia
Goddess of Rot
>Ranni
Goddess of the Moon/Goddess of Darkness
>MIquella
???

god of abundance

Attached: FPCC0rUXIAQWEZw.jpg (675x900, 128.59K)

isnt his entire schtick being able to lower the influence of gods while raising his own.

Miriel mans Liurnia.
Yes we do. Miriel specifically says he came at the head of a Golden Host (army of the Golden Order) to wage war with Caria. The army of the Golden Order doesn't exist outside the Lands Between so he can't come to the Lands Between at the head of a Golden Host, it's impossible.

>So doesn't this explicitly with the quote from Melina, end the retarded nonsense about Marika and Radagon always being the same person?
No. They're magic gods in a magic world, there are around a thousand different ways they could have always been the same person and a thousand different ways they could have not been. To pretend two quotes that tell us almost nothing proves anything definitively is just fucking silly.

Nah, it's more giving life, like how he grew the Haligtree with his blood.

Looking for Moon-rune astrologist GOD to translate the following about my wife:

Unalloyed gold needle:
繊細に紡がれた無垢金の針 ミリセントが、その身体から引き抜いたもの 邪な血の跡はなく、僅かな露に湿っている

…私は、マレニアに返したいのだ かつて彼女のものだった意志を 朱い腐敗の呼び声に、人として抗う矜持を

Millicent Dialogue:
>[348061000] …私はマレニアに、返したい
>[348061010] かつてマレニアのものだった意志を
>[348061020] 朱い腐敗の呼び声に、人として抗う矜持を
>[348061030] あのラダーンに伍するために、彼女が打ち捨てた戒めを

Attached: 97562491_p0.jpg (800x1487, 619.89K)

>Mi Quella - ????
darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Spirit Tree Shield

how the fuck am I the only one who noticed this

Attached: Untitled2.png (183x234, 95.12K)

Follow up dialogue:
>[348060000] …君、また会えたな
>[348060010] どうやら、お互い目的は似通っているらしい
>[348060020] …であれば、君にも伝えておいた方がよいだろう
>[348060030] 実は、私はマレニアの血縁のようなのだ
>[348060040] 私が彼女の子なのか、妹なのか、あるいは分け身なのか、それは分からない
>[348060050] けれど確かに、彼女との間に、近親の繋がりを感じるのだ

I know. I was surprised people noticed this. Good catch tho.

>Miquella, God of Dreams
>DLC is all gonna be a Miquella induced dream
>You can get his great rune after you wake up from his dream

Pretty sure there are other items which mention Radagon’s soldier exploits before Liurnia. Even if they don’t, if we take your interpretation for the sake of argument, he just showed up in Liurnia from outside TLB with an army that happens to match the army of the capital of TLB and waged war on behalf of said capital despite being from somewhere else.

>The army of the Golden Order doesn't exist outside the Lands Between
It is stated that the church of Marika operates outside the Lands Between and it's made very clear that the church of Marika is highly militant and spreads its influence by the sword.

Spirit tree shield
>A shield with a blue relief of a spirit tree. A rather well-built shield decorated by the spirit tree that appears in the allegory of Quella, god of dream.

Grand spirit tree shield
>Shield of the blue spirit tree that and is said to possess divine powers.
>Appears in the allegory of Quella, God of Dream, and can deflect spells by parrying.
Once there was a boy who was easily frightened, until the talking tree of dreamworld transformed itself into a shield to protect him.

>boy
>dream
>talking tree
>Quella

AGGHHHHH YOU MIYAHACK, EXPLAIN THISSSSS

Attached: 1648617646348.png (1383x725, 2.05M)

This. Malenia and Miquella both inherited the power of an Outer God of Decay and Abundance. Malenia embodies the decay aspect through her ability to endlessly produce and embody the scarlet rot while Miquella gained the abundance aspect as every part of him grows and nourishes anything that consumes him. It's how he produced the Haligtree, an act which is completely the opposite of what Malenia does with her scarlet rot.

Attached: 1649117640195.jpg (1630x2048, 359.67K)

There's also the St. Trina stuff in Elden Ring
>St. Trina equipments
Induces Sleep
>St. Trina's Sword lore
"Silver sword carried by clerics of St. Trina. Inflicts sleep ailment upon foes.
St. Trina is an enigmatic figure. Some say she is a comely young girl, others are sure he is a boy. The only certainty is that their appearance was as sudden as their disappearance."
>Cut Dialouge
"Finally, I have found it..... St. Trina's, no, Lord Miquella's cadaver... Such that I may aid you, O Lord... So please, I hope you welcome your humble servant Rhico... Into your dream, the world of your heart...... Indeed, I beg you grant my wish, that when you transcend from empyrean to god, allow me a place by your side....."

Attached: sword_of_st_trina_straight_sword_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 9.45K)

Remember all those kids who teased us with things like
>how many fingers do you have?
>ten
>LMAO BRAINLET THUMBS AREN’T FINGERS
well Elden Ring proves them wrong
The Three Fingers under Leyndell clearly has a thumb, and yet it’s not called the Two Fingers + Thumb
TAKE THAT schoolyard tricksters from years ago

>It's established in the lore that only Empyreans can rise up to Godhood
Is it though? Empyreans are chosen by the Two Fingers specifically for hosting the ring, there's a lot of evidence that many more gods (gods =/= outer gods) predate this. GEQ was explicitly a godslayer, and made enough god-skin clothing for a whole cult, meaning there had to be multiple of them. Marika is said to remain a god even when imprisoned, which suggests her godhood is innate rather than granted. The Fell God and Dragon God are never referred to as outer gods, and the Fell God actually manifests in the Fire Giant fight and we defeat it, that strongly suggests it's a god, not an outer god. The serpent of Mt. Gelmir is immortal even beyond the purview of the Erdtree and can make what it devours immortal too and part of itself, even a demigod, suggesting a certain level of divinity. I don't think it's as established as you think.

Where is this ever said? The Confessor set mentions the faith of the Two Fingers existing outside TLB, that's not the same as the Golden Order itself.

I hope Miya fulfills the dreamworld as it has never been shown in DS2.

ELDEN RING TIMELINE
Age of the crucible
>All life was blended together in the crucible, eventually life started to split out into multiple life forms. The misbegotten are created, along with other creatures like dragons, giants and trolls
>The outer gods start meddling in the lands between, each creature chooses an outer god to worship
>A great tree comes out of the crucible in the lands between
>Civilization develops. The giants, dragons and Misbegotten live in relative peace
>The crucible chooses dragon lord placidusax as First Elden Lord of the great tree
>The crucible assigns the Elden Ring to placidusax which commands the laws of nature
>Dragons are worshiped as sacred beings since a dragon was chosen as First Elden Lord
>Misbegotten eventually evolved into modern humans
>Nox civilization blooms, night worship gave them might and knowledge
>The nox descendants eventually found the Carian civilization
>The Greater will sends out the Elden Beast to govern the lands between. The Elden Beast falls from the sky and lands on the huge crater that is on the center of the map
>The Elden beast chooses Marika, a Numen who is not native to the lands between the rule over it by hijacking the crucible tree's might, like some sort of parasite
>The Erdtree is born and the age of Marika the eternal begins
count (1/3)

Attached: Mitch Getting Mogged.png (1170x1095, 1.48M)

ELDEN RING TIMELINE
Age of the Erdtree and Marika the eternal
>The greater will commands Marika to conquer the lands between
>The greater will assigns Maliketh the role of Marika's shadow
>Marika splits herself into radagon
>Marika assigns the rune of death to her sister, the gloam eyed queen to defeat the giants, who worshiped the outer god of fire. That is the reason why the giants frozen corpses have death blight in their stomachs
>The gloam eyed queen and her foreskin apostles slays any other outer god who opposes Marika's rule with their godslaying flame
>Marika and her subordinates defeat the giants, but they call upon the fire god to curse radagon. Making his hair turn red
>Marika eventually betrays the gloam eyed queen with the help of Maliketh. Who seals her death powers into his blade
>Marika removes the rune of death from the Elden Ring so everyone in the lands between is immortal. When someone dies the soul gets recycled in the Erdtree to be born again
>Marika, chooses Godfrey as first Elden lord, starting the golden lineage. Morgott and Mohgwyn are born cursed as omens. They are cast aside into the sewers.
>Godwyn is born
>Godfrey and Godwyn defeat the dragons and Remove Placidusax as first Elden Lord
>Marika and the golden order defeats the Nox people by banishing them undergrown
>Radagon starts war against the Carians. But the battle results in a stalemate. Radagon chooses peace by marrying Rennala
>Rykard, Radahn and Ranni are born. Although, Ranni's parents are not quite confirmed to be the product of Radagon and Rennala's marriage
>Latter on, Radagon divorces Rennala and decides to marry Marika. Miquella and malenia are born
>Radahn conquers the stars. Keeping them in place
(2/3)

T.Varre

Where is my fucking paycheck you nigger????

ELDEN RING TIMELINE
Age of the shattering
>Miquella blooms into the haligtree
>Ranni makes contact with a mysterious witch, probably the gloam eyed queen. Her doll body is based on her appearance
>Ranni and Rykard orchestrates the night of the black knives
>The black knives steal the rune of death from Maliketh
>Godwyn's soul is killed. Ranni's body is killed. Freeing herself from the Erdtree
>Godwyn's corpse is placed on the Ertree's roots for his soul to be recycled. But this never happens
>Deathroot spreads in the lands between. The first undead rises from their graves
>Marika shatters the elden ring. All the demigods start fighting to get a shard of it
>Civil war in Leyndel occurs. Morgott rises from the sewers to take the throne
>Radahn sieges the capital. but, his offensive is stopped by Morgott
>Godrick, who is a descendant of Godwyn, flees the capital among the women
>Morgott Sieges the volcano manor to stop Rykard's blasphemous acts
>Mohg kidnaps miquella
>Godrick fights Radahn, but its defeated and humilliated in storm veil castle
>Malenia humiliates Godrick as well
>Malenia fights Radahn in Aeonia. Malenia blooms and the scarlet rot consumes everything on its path
>Godrick sieges the capital. But its stopped by Morgott again
>The Carian start a civil war against the students of Raya Lucaria. Rennala is imprisoned
>Mogh hides under grown to make Miquella achieve godhood
(3/3)

>>Miquella blooms into the haligtree
What does this mean?

>[348061000] …私はマレニアに、返したい
>[348061010] かつてマレニアのものだった意志を

>I'm Malenia, I want to return to the will that once belonged to Malenia
uhhh Millicent bros?

Attached: 97385546_p0_master1200.jpg (904x1200, 886.37K)

You didn’t include the part where Rykard is a centaur so this whole thing is invalid
start again

>>Godrick, who is a descendant of Godwyn, flees the capital among the women
There are other golden lineage dead demigods and there is no confirmation of their direct descendent.

>>Godrick sieges the capital. But its stopped by Morgott again
Isn't this the first siege?

Only Gods can handle the Elden Ring
This is why the fingers picked the Empyreans specifically
Marika and the Gloam Eyed Queen were Empyreans too
Marika rose to godhood and became the vessel for the Elden Ring
Gloam Eyed Queen is still a mystery, some says she's Marika and some says she's Melina due to her relation with Destined Death

>Nox descendants founded Caria
>GEQ has anything to do with death blight
>Marika gets the Rune of Death from GEQ then seals it in Maliketh's blade then takes it out of the Elden Ring all while Placidusax is still Elden Lord
>Caria started the civil war against the academy

How the fuck do you people come up with this shit? There's a lot you got wrong but at least some basis to understand why you arrived at those incorrect conclusions, but these you just completely made up from nothing and make no fucking sense at all.

Attached: 1461793145857.png (576x699, 226.46K)

So there are gods who existed separate to empyrean-ism, so what was said isn't established at all.

>So there are gods who existed separate to empyrean-ism
Perhaps, but they’re outside of the Elden Ring - Two Fingers system

Malenia is Millicents nobody
or is it the other way around.

I don't think its necessarily exactly that though, there is some alchemy going on here. souls and bodies can be separate people entirely in elden ring, that much is clear.
some of the astrologer items talk about how the body is less than permanent for the glintstone sorcerers.

That's the whole point. If gods predate that system which there's a lot of evidence for and if Marika's godhood is innate which there's evidence for then that system never had anything to do with it in the first place.

>empyrean
This just means candidate for vassalhood. They are created to hold the entitys power and be its avatar.

The needle description say its spun of gold and has no trace of corrupted blood on it. It also say it used on Malenia before and is her pride.
Also do you happen to have the Japanese description of the prothesis-wearer talisman, flowing sword, and the needle when it's broken? I'm trying to see if they translated out other details

The gloom eyed queen was Marika's sister

The gloom eyed queen and her godskin apostles slayed any outer god who opposed Marika's rule. That's why we can see the giants corpses with death blight on them

Eventually, Marika betrayed her sister and defeated her with the help of Maliketh, sealing the rune of death and plucking it out from the Elden Ring

Melina is the reincarnation of the Gloom eyed queen, that's why she seems to know everything about Marika

The Gloom eyed queen split her soul into two. Melina and Ranni posses the soul of the gloom eyed queen

The gloom eyed queen orchestrated the night of the black knives

Melina is the Gloom eyed queen

The gloom eyed queen is Marika's sister

Cope and seethe. Go ahead and try to refute this, I fucking dare you

Attached: 665766787967.jpg (1920x1088, 313.47K)

Malenia is CLEARLY a heartless user

shut the fuck up. it's incredibly clear he meant liurnia

Elden godthing made system called Empyrean that allows it to pick a worthy candidate to be its mouthpiece on earth

All outer gods find out and hack into its system

Now Rot god has Red head bitch as IT'S empyrean while also still being maybe Elden godthings empyrean

Fucker should have invested in Mcfee antivirus and a good firewall.

I've been trying to figure out the the sieges of Leyndell.
You have:
>Godrick's soldiers attacking Leyndell in the trailer
But then you have
>Fled from the capital with the women, then hid from Radahn
>One day we will return home
So it seems like he was in the capital at one point, but then tried taking it back? Either what you suggest is correct or he got into the castle in his siege and then had to bail, but idk.

I sure hope they don't have the 'somebody' thing else this is going to get real complicated.
but yeah that sound right, malenia = heartless, milly = nobody, a shell if you will / haven't played kingdom hearts before.

Why did GEQ chose Ranni though?
Was it because she's the only Empyrean that hates Marika?

We need a mooneruner to translate for us definitively. But she mentions shes more of a "ghost" of malenia in her 1st dialogue and then says something about either being Malenia or wanting to "Get in Malenia" lol. Much different from what we have.

>Melina is the reincarnation of the Gloom eyed queen, that's why she seems to know everything about Marika
Melina is Marika’s daughter
>Melina and Ranni posses the soul of the gloom eyed queen
based on no evidence you just decided to involve Ranni
You’ve copypasted this b8 multiple times, here’s the attention you crave

It's Gloam-Eyed, not Gloom-Eyed

Isn't Two Fingers faith against the teachings of the Golden Order?
>Incantation of the Two Fingers' faithful.
>Follow the path that has been set for you, and you will make enemies of all others: the monks, the sorcerers, the ancient dragon knights, and the scions of gold. Heed me – the Lands Between offers no welcome to the Tarnished.

If Empyreans are supposed to be the next good thing to Godhood then why was Radhan able to BTFO an Empyrean so easily?

Attached: radhan.jpg (1024x577, 82.36K)

user I was wanting some of the other text as it relates to the Blind Swordsman. But you also aren't far off. The rot people are mimicking the grace and tarnished system with all the buds to get Valkyries but the last 4 couldn't make it and are seen when Malenia becomes a rot god. It's the move where she sends the 4 red butterfly phantoms at you

I was joking buddy, I don’t think KH is relevant here

Melina has some dialogue too, she is clearly the ghost form of...someone. (my assumption is Marika.)
and Ranni is literally very obviously a ghost attached to a doll.

Super Gravity Magic BTFOs Flowing Water Swordsmanship

Yeah and why is he staying in Alexander jar right now?

im just comparing the concepts since there seem to be similarities at play.

Why didn't he BTFO Morgot?

He can win if the Empyrean decides they don't want to pull the pin on the thing that turns an entire country into an aids pool

why didn't he win against the power of rot if he conquered the star ayy lmao?

I think the scions of gold means more the Golden Lineage than the Golden Order, so not quite against each other but still not the same either. The mentioning of the monks is interesting though, the main monk enemies you make are the fire monks, but the Two Fingers didn't factor taking them on (burning the tree) into their plan. The Nox also aren't factored into their plan (grabbing runes and mending the ring doesn't require you going underground at all). What other monks are there they might have meant? Yeah I know it could just be an oversight but it still has me curious.

>It also say it used on Malenia before and is her pride.
That's Millicent's quote inside the needle. So your reading Millicent's dialogue.

Except he also goes on to imply Radagon's "secret" in the following dialogue bits insisting that Radagon basically had no reason to get special treatment from Marika. He's literally the first character that ends up leading you on to the "Radagon is Marika" twist.

Attached: Radagon is Marika.jpg (2218x1128, 650.27K)

github.com/AsteriskAmpersand/Carian-Archive
Search for the text you want in the english one, get the code, search the code in the japanese one.