Post the worst game in a series

Attached: AJ_cover_art.png (1536x1377, 2.35M)

I hate AJ with a passion but you're delusional if you think it's worse than SoJ

>SoJ bad
The divination seances were the best new gimmick since the originals

Attached: MGSTTSBox.jpg (357x500, 36.93K)

What exactly did SoJ do worse than AJ?
>Inb4 Nahyuta
He's better than Klavier

it is funny how hyped up SoJ was in Ace Attorney threads around here when it came out and how obsessed certain anons were about Rayfa
now no one really cares about it all that much outside of based Dhurke

Attached: 81Aug31tiYL._SX385_.jpg (385x346, 34.12K)

This game makes the AA world feel absolutely tiny. Literally everyone is related or directly connected.

God of War Ascension
Hunt Down the Freeman
Resident Evil 6
Witcher 1
Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga
Smash Bros 3DS
Zelda's Adventure
Halo 5
Metal Gear Solid 4
Devil May Cry 2
Guitar Hero Aerosmith, I hate Aerosmith

DD is worse than both. AJ>SoJ>DD any day of the week. DD and SoJ suffer from wanting to tell epic stories with huge ramifications, even affecting entire countries, without the proper build up of the original trilogy (and from worse character writing).

Ace Attorney Investigations 1 and Dual Destinies are worse than Apollo Justice.
Even is AJ is a very flawed game.

>Not Phantom Pain

Story-wise you're right
Gameplay-wise 1 was the worst

Agreed. I remember being disappointed by DD but I couldn’t even finish SOJ god that game fucking sucks and people on here insist it doesn’t. 1>3>2>investigations>DD>Apollo>SOJ
2 has the most kino case but the rest of the game isn’t as good as 1 and. 3

So what makes Twin Snakes the worst in your eyes? It's 1's story with different cutscene direction and 2's gameplay.

For me V is the worst of both worlds, rushed unfinished story and open world simply doesn't fit MGS, plus it has the stupid Mother Base weapon building stuff from Peacewalker that I despised.

>smash 3ds
>not smash 4
The 3ds version was better and should have been the console version

I dont even hate the story I fucking love it. But I hate gacha so much. Why did all portable games have to become phone games and why did phone games have to become shitty gambling?! Japs already have Pachinko.

Attached: E1XZYleVoAUHjj1.png (900x506, 921.81K)

I loved that 3ds exclusive mode it was as close to subspace emissary as we ever got after Brawl which I miss a lot.

DD has 5-DLC which is at least Top 3 in the series

Touhou Story of Eastern Wonderland (would say Highly Responsive to Prayers but that has the excuse of just being a programming exercise) or for a modern entry, Ten Desires
Kirby Battle Royale (if you want Mainline, Star Allies pre-patch, but if you include those patches Squeak Squad)
Sonic 4
Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

I don't get SoJ, it's my third favorite and 6-3 is absolute kino while others like 6-2 are just good fun. Only case in 6 I'd call bad is 6-DLC and giving Apollo a second backstory.

it was fucking cringe, even more than the rest of the game

I’m surprised they haven’t just killed Apollo off yet. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they did in the next game whenever it comes out we were supposed to get a new game soon according to the capcom ransom leak

The whale case? It felt like it should have been the tutorial case

>a-at least X6 is still worse
"No!"

X6 while also terrible at least has it going for it that it becomes tolerable on repeat playthroughs once you learn all the ways to out-bullshit its bullshit, and the soundtrack is still GOAT tier. X7 has absolutely zero redeeming features whatsoever.

Attached: 5290e06c-5ce6-4503-82ce-cf8ecbf11c69_1.1eda1627e3fca2759db54c86934475f7.jpg (612x612, 62.19K)

I mean, it's better than the bullshit you have in the main game, so that probably makes you think of it more fondly, just by comparison to what's beside it. However, no, man. However, on that note, SoJ has the Gramarye-obsessed-director case, which is a contender for one of the best of the new trilogy.

Not the worst but it is the most damaging.

I think whether SoJ is better than AJ is debatable, but Dual Destinies is way worse than eiher of them regardless.

I actually faked being sick so i could stay home and play this but regretted it and wished i was in school insteadm

That's not Dual Destinies though

I don't know where the love for MK7 comes from. The courses never really stuck with me. Introducing sectioned maps was nice, though.

Attached: 1647216353065.png (335x297, 152.88K)

I don't get SoJ hate*

that's not Super Circuit, MK7 is just mediocre which could be considered worse sure but it has some amazing tracks like Shy Guy Bazaar and Music Park, not to mention the single best Rainbow Road in all of Mario Kart.

Attached: 9F3F16D2-0D71-452E-A6F1-E42CA2BCA6D5.jpg (1024x768, 154.13K)

Fucking chuckled, thanks for that man. Even if its not up your alley, anyone who has this opinion while having played I, II, XIII or XV is just insane.

np, I am unironically serious, XV is great (bros camping) and I is a masterpiece. IX just misses the mark, they tried to use the excuse of “returning to Final Fantasy’s roots” but instead came up with this graphical abomination. The earlier Final Fantasy games only looked like caricatures because of graphical limitations but IX didn’t have that excuse (VII and VIII actually made the characters look like people and not dolls (in the cutscenes mind you)) so the artistic direction becomes this sort of mockery and it’s very off-putting. Also the combat is atrocious, characters move like they are underwater and battles are piss easy with a few exceptions. It was the only Final Fantasy I never finished outside of X-2 (which I can hardly call a Final Fantasy game)

I was gonna say chain of memories was worse but the guy above me already posted the fucking phone gacha

gameplay is perfect, looks great, sounds great, has fucking Maka Wuhu, the only flaw in it is that Waluigi is missing, MK7 is the best in the series maybe only competing with Double Dash

worst Mario Kart is obviously Super

this is easily the worst megaman game of all god damn time.
>inb4 gachashit
that one doesn't count, cuz that ain't a videogame

I get the dislike for the visual style and we can all agree battle speeds are a joke, but, what about II? II is a mess from the ground up.

This was the first megaman game I ever played and I had no idea what I was getting into. Just a kid looking to find out why everyone loved megaman. Couldn't even finish it.

Recoded is the very definition of a Cashgrab.

Also you're an actual retard. SoJ is by far the best of the 2nd trilogy.

Attached: 81JcY63ncDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1468x1375, 241.59K)

Attached: b23.png (334x393, 133.73K)

II was boring

give me a good reason to play it

Attached: Apollo justice bad Dual Destinies good.png (1857x281, 21.32K)

Posting AJ when pic related exists means you are clinically retarded

Attached: garbage.jpg (474x421, 48.21K)

Attached: kings-bounty-2-210825.jpg (1280x720, 114.8K)

This but 64. I don't get the love for bland empty ugly looking courses with horrible rubberbanding AI.
7 is peak Mario Kart since it controls the best in the series alongside DS and introduced gliding which is pretty cool. It has some of the best courses in the series like Music Park, Neo Bowser City, and Wario Shipyard in addition to great returning tracks like Maple Treeway, a Coconut Mall that isn't soulless, Airship Fortress, and Luigi's Mansion.

I don't even like 9 and think you are an idiot.

Attached: Step Dad of War.jpg (1280x720, 208.51K)

Attached: 1510922039219.png (256x384, 74.68K)

how is AJ better then that

NTA but if you can't see the dip in quality in general writing in DD, you need to play the game again or read more fiction.

Thanks for your opinion, I’ll frame it, put it above my doorpost and slap it on the way out the door everyday before work.

translation
>Yea Forums told me it was bad

Im not saying it isn't bad, but the way i see it AJ is just worse.

I played it before coming to Yea Forums (hurr durr election tourist (yeah whatever, fuck off)). The game is dreadfully paced, with lines that seem written by someone who has never written dialogue in his life, the cases are shit, with special mention to the yokai village one being unbearable and the final case is an attempt at edge that still makes me feel like I'm reading someone's fanfiction to this day.

I'm trying to think of ONE aspect thats better then Simon Blackquill that AJ has, and I can't.

Did we play the same games? AJ was absolutely fine. I personally enjoyed it, though I can see why some people might've been put off by it. DD meanwhile has no redeemable qualities besides Blackquill. Boring cases that get progressively worse and a garbage overarching plot where nobody will shut up about the Dark Age of the Law™ and how bad it is even though nothing at all changes in the court system, you're just supposed to believe things are bad.

Fewer typos, for one thing.

Attached: extremely importantly.jpg (1200x800, 107.96K)

Sometimes its about the overall experience, user. DD can have one good character but fail at every other aspect of a mystery VN. Meanwhile AJ cruises along with everything just being "ok", making it better.

AJ has at least one good case, the aesthetic of the game is way better, and while the cast wasn't the best they at least tried to do something different with them and in the case of some characters like Valant and Ema I think it works. DD is just such an original trilogy jerk off-fest that doesn't even try to do its own thing like AJ did, and while it's at it it has probably the worst set of cases in the series in my book. AJ at it's worst is pretty dull and at times annoying, but in Dual Destinies I felt offended by it. Phoenix and Edgeworth being like their original trilogy selves but not nearly as likeable as they used to be, the mess of trying to juggle Apollo, Phoenix and Athena as protagonists, the retarded attempt to feel epic with the broken down courtroom, the retarded melodrama with Athena having a panic attack in the courtroom while you have to look at the over the top cartoon character of a villain is such a tonal clash that it made Athena's problems seem dumb, the invesitgation phases were shit and you could barely examine the environment compared to other games and the handholding in giving you the answer was way too much.

The only things in AJ that come close to being as offensively shit as DD is how retarded 4-3 is, but even the other retarded shit in AJ isn't as bad as DD to me.

how the fuck is CoM the worst. It wasn't.

people saying everything just being "okay" are either blocking out the entirity of 4-3, the plot threads that go nowhere or are unresolved, the lack of a prosecutor that fights back, or the entire nonsense of 4-4's entire presentation, or 4-2's ignoring real world science regarding car pipes and bullets ricochet's, or they just really love Robin Left so much that everything else doesn't matter.

regular CoM is fine
Re:CoM sucks

>kh1 but shit
no reason to play it, the card system could be good but sleights make everything trivial. The grind for cards to use on the fucking doors is the last nail on the coffin.
Nice sprites though

This, CoM wasn't designed with regular KH fields of view or functionality and Re:CoM shows what removing the 2.5D does to the game, now everyone despises CoM because they couldn't bother to try it without the voiced cutscenes.

Honestly I playe GBA CoM and didn't mind it. Not my favorite but once I got the hang of the system it wasn't too bad.
Days on the other hand just controls bad and the missions end up dragging.

Most people will say 4-3 is among the worst of the franchise, even bottom 3, but most people will also tell you the forced melodrama of DD as well as its tone and writing is just generally worse. I think you'll just have to concede that in this thread the people who think DD is worse just outnumber you, man. Better luck next thread.

granted in my case i'll say the difference between the two games are like.

DD is slightly better then AJ, but those are still like in the bottom three entries so i'll not want to defend DD too much.