Elden Woes

Hey so I sold this thing because it scales with strength and I'm a dexchad. Having some trouble beating Rykard now though. Any tips?

Attached: serpent_hunter.png (1024x1024, 445.73K)

yeah, the tip of the serpent hunter

Yeah: fight him in ng+

Summon help and hang back casting spells, you fucked up.

>

Attached: str vs dex.png (602x680, 260.55K)

summon someone and let them use theirs on him

It is weird how much it's biased towards strength despite being a gimmick weapon you're supposed to use no matter your character type.

Your mistake has given you the chance to actually beat the game instead of relying on a crutch—
>dex
Never mind, might as well uninstall now.

rykard is such a boring shit fight, wish he wasn’t necessary for bernahl’s quest

Level up your vigor and bleed him to death while tanking the lava

If you stay glued to him he can't hit you. Just go over the lava and attack him repeatedly. In the second phase, he can only hit you that bullshit skull meteor attack, so be aware of that.

are you fucking stupid

What should I do before I fight him? I finished Rya's quest I think (didn't give her the potion or kill her) and have I think two more commissions with the Volcano Manor. The 'final' one from Tannith and one from another resident.

You can just stand on his lava and R1 him to death.

>gimmick weapon has a special effect for a gimmick fight
>"guess I should just sell this since clearly only strength users were meant to have a gimmick against Rykard!"
Retard
Summon someone who actually kept their spear

I'm pretty sure that's everything. Assuming the other resident is bernahl. Just do the final quest from tanith and bernahl's quest and you're good to kill him without messing up any other quests.

>selling weapons

Retard

All the missions are locked if you kill Rykard so do them if you want those rewards

>stand on the lava
I keep forgeting how wimpy the lava damage is in this game

Gotcha, thanks.

You deserve this for selling an unique weapon you find in the fucking boss arena

Was anyone else disappointed with where the weapon was? I thought you would be able to make it to the boss but the weapon would be somewhere else so if you wanted the 'easy mode' you would have to go through a whole new dungeon to get the weapon at the end of it.

This boss is horrible, the snake bites one-shot me, the lava staggers me forever, the skull never stop attacking me, what the fuck? who designed this piece of shit?

filtered by the most kino fight in the game

Just mash r1 and when second phase starts, spam weapon art for 10k combo. Easy as fuck. Also don't lock on when evading skulls.

You can literally just use the first part of the L1 combo on his head and it staggers him every time.

I killed Patches and Tanith after beating Rykard because I heard they don't do anything more in the game. Did I do the right thing?

i dont have FP to spam weapon arts, i dont have STR to benefit from the basic attack, im fucking DEX and the fight is clearly unbalanced for that

Yes, both in terms of gameplay and morality.

Why does Rykard sound like Alfred Hitchcock with his mouth full of pizza?

Do “strchads“ have anything to say? Both of those characters are demonstrably homosexual.

you are a tard my friend, just make a new character

Yeah I've got something to say, dexslut. I got a big fat veiny cock for you to gag on right here.

>implying your cock is small enough that I meet the strength requirements to handle it

Better dual wield it

>dexfag
>doesnt cross his mind to be a rat and use a bow
SHORTBOW
BARRAGE ASH(DEFAULT ON SHORTBOW)
SERPENT ARROWS FROM THE DRAGONBARROW MERCHANT

I beat him with a dex build and almost never used weapons arts for most of the game. Dude might just need to pump vigor a little bit to stop getting one-shotted and maybe get a spirit ash in there to distract

I beat him with DEX with only one or two weapon art casts, didn't even have much VIG at that point. If you're having trouble just upgrade the spear since apparently you can do that. You can kill him before he even casts the skulls with an unleveled spear anyways.

Stack fire resistance to tank the lava, stick close to him because he can't really hurt you while you're up his asshole.

Because in the gimmick fight the scaling doesn't matter, you're still slapping him for 1000-2000 per swing, depending on the attack not your stats.

Enemy lava is even more pathetic than environmental lava.

No you didn't.

Why would people lie.

>i dont have FP to spam weapon arts,
switch half of potions to fp flask. With the L1 Weapon art, I stunlocked him to death with a character who's never put a single point into mind

Upgrade the weapon at the smithy
Makes the fight an absolute joke.

I skipped all of their hunting missions cause I felt bad hunting my own Tarnished fellows. I'm not a villain serving some blasphemous snake fuck off

>not a villain
>willingly helped sellen, an evil sorceress
>willingly helped ranni, an evil witch
PS enjoy missing out on the fire breath, loser

You don't need it to kill him. It's just a gimmick weapon

It feels like his fight was designed with beefy lava and then they tuned the damage down. He has no close range attacks and just hopes you won't stand on it.

Well you missed the best armors in the game

Doesn't the weapon art continue to work at 0 FP?

What's the proper procedure for navigating environmental lava in volcano manor? I know quickstep/bloodhoundstep works but is there any other viable method?

>think it's like ds3 and only the weapon art does the special thing
>find out afterwards from a friend you can just regular attack
actually punished for being familiar with their games.

just walk through it nigga shit'll do like 100 damage to you maybe.

this

I came here to laugh at you

Bleed and frostbite

>spam weapon art for 10k combo

I did not realize the spear had a weapon art the first time I fought him and never used it. Wow does that shit trivialize the fight since he's stunlocked the whole time.

I don't know how people are getting wrecked if they're spamming that unless they're getting killed in one hit

>Summon help and hang back casting spells, you fucked up.
actually impossible not going to work. rykard has too much HP for you to kill with casting spells even with a summon

>tfw fighting him with the spear + mimic with spear
why even play fair when he's clearly a free boss kill

Attached: heheh.jpg (500x333, 131.38K)

Just spam swarm of flies if faith or the frost spells if intelligence

oh right. huge AoE bullshit. I beat rykard before I found those and caved using the meme spear. should've remembered the AoE cheese shit cause that's how I killed Adula or whatever the dragons name is that guarded that church and the moonblade.

I beat him without the serpent hunter but I used comet azur