KINGDOM HEARTS 4

So how do we feel about reaction commands making a return? Nomura brought it back because KH 2 fags kept endlessly bitching about they want it back. I’m not making that up either. Jesus Christ KH2 fags are worse than Melee fags

Attached: F66E8D6B-B726-4D8B-93DA-25602549B8C4.jpg (750x847, 425.57K)

Best rection.

How can one man be so autstic and yet also be a chad?

Attached: 841AD866-1E88-4F2A-BB20-A4A844721233.png (2048x1972, 947.22K)

>kh faggots cheer for QTEs
the absolute state

Kino is back on the menu

>QTEs
>kino
pick one

reaction commands are universally hated why the fuck would you bring back the worst part of kh2

I don't know what's more pathetic, that someone would find this by coincidence alone or that it would be real

Attached: doumitemo.jpg (480x640, 126.75K)

nothing about this is good

Because KH2 cult members bitched so much that KH3 wasn’t a 1:1 remake of KH2 and Nomura kneeled to them . ReMIND > 2FM

Attached: 7A1D5C7A-9995-4421-9DFF-BBFF18CDAFB7.gif (313x231, 2.36M)

Press button to do the cinematic event

Fucking Nomura

Attached: 5778cdfc0a1f97a9788d38851153d066.gif (245x245, 1.96M)

I for one thought Reaction Commands were fine it was an incentive to make sure you're not just mashing X the entire fight and to streamline mob fights.

Oh shit, Sora's going to Jugdral

Sigurd is going to be Demyx isn’t he . God fucking damn Nomura

Attached: 131D84B6-8028-446A-898F-5002CE864DB8.jpg (567x567, 60.32K)

Depends on how they implement it. RC in KH2 was good because it normally provided an additional tool that was relevant to the player's tactics. If they fail to mirror that aspect and just bring back the QTE shit(which is exactly what I expect them to do) it will be shit.

>Nomura brought it back because KH 2 fags kept endlessly bitching about they want it back.
Did they actually say this or are you just looking for a reason to be mad? RC is a good mechanic anyways so who cares. It's better than them bringing back freebie 'no thought required' situation commands and attractions.

Aren't reaction commands just stuns the enemy/bosses? Anyways, the 1.5 + 2.5 remix pc version, how were they? I'm installing it right now. Is it buggy or have stutter issues like VIIR and XV's pc piratedport?

I will admit some RC were pretty cool and the animations were top tier . Bringing them back serves no purpose. It should’ve stayed with KH2. Nomura has to stop caving in to the fans. He also admitted that in his original vision of KH 3, Roxas and Xion was not going to return but fans kept telling him they want them back so he did that for fan service

Attached: 05D43187-286C-47E8-8849-8C6BA6092A60.jpg (1280x720, 132.49K)

>kino
>press triangle to win

I'll take it over the annoying theme park attacks.

To be fair to him, Roxas and Xion hardly matters in the grand scale of things. Still, it's a pretty dumb decision to revive them back and undo the actual good writing choice that he made. I don't know what is it with Square devs, why're they so afraid to kill off a main character. Even XIV aren't immune to this. How many times have they baited the death of the scions only to then literally resurrects them (Y'shtola) or simply deathbait em like Alphinaud.

*scheme

Nomura tends to try to appease everyone. It’s why the FF crew returned in remind.

As long as most of them has a fail condition, like Duel Stance, or need some sort of setup, like deleting the MCP, or are just used as simple mechanics mid-fight, like Reverse, or the Stunt Dodge used during the Xemnas Tower climb, I'm all for it.

That's the thing. It's company-wide now. Though, what other current popular or AAA JRPG that kills one of their main characters/party members. Is it because games are more expensive to make, that corporate would want to have each character to be alive so they could make figures to sell?

Reaction commands were in 3 though

Pretty buggy at launch. They patched it a few times since and it's okay for the most part but not as perfect as the console versions.

That was situation command

>people complain about Reaction Commands not being in post KH2 games
>no one mentions the fact that the absolutely based tech point system from KH1 was dropped for no reason despite being an excellent mechanic that no one complained about

Also, the reason RCs never really returned in their full glory was because people absolutely lambasted RCs when KH2 first released. They were one of the most hated aspects of KH2 for a long time.

I mean reaction commands still functionally exist in KH3

Like for example against Data Org or Skoll

Bringing Xion back and then have everyone just suddenly remember her was such an ass pull.

So much SOUL

Attached: D9789E5D-E7F5-4DAD-99A6-0049EA0DCC39.jpg (1920x1080, 466.13K)

I FUCKIN LOVE PRESSING TRIANGLE WHEN THE BUTTON PROMPT APPEARS AAAAAAAARGGGHHHH I JUST LOVE QTE'S!!!!!!

>If they fail to mirror that aspect and just bring back the QTE shit(which is exactly what I expect them to do)
They already brought them back in the correct way with the KH3 DLC. It'll be fine.

Worked for MGR and you fucks love that game.

no reaction commands are QTEs that pop up in certain parts randomly or scripted cinematic events
like GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BACK so you can do a big cutscene QTE

soulless

As long as they aren’t overpowered like situation commands

they did not it was all scripted qte

People who hate reactions commands for being "QTE" unironically don't know why most QTE are shit in the first place. QTE were at their worst in the early-mid PS3/Xbox 360/Wii generation where they were all "press X to not die" shit tha would invade cutscenes at random to make you press a random fucking button or otherwise eat a death. KH2's Reaction commands are all either optional or literally cannot kill you unless you're fucking braindead. They serve a better purpose as situational additions to how you approach an enemy-- I can get in a normal combo after blocking a Samurai nobody, or I can use the reaction command for a quick reflex test that gives me an AoE if I'm successful.
Also, the bigger gain here is that they're getting rid of Situation Commands, which are a fucking AWFUL system. KH2 isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but Situation Commands blow cocks and them being gone is a net positive no matter what.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (640x548, 53.67K)

KH2 QTE are shit because they're exactly the same as QTEs in other shitting games but only KHfags are mentally retarded enough to convince themselves it's something different just because it's KH
They are literally press triangle to win QTEs and there no fucking difference between reaction commands or situation commands or whatever scripted triangle bullshit they pull next.

>and then have everyone just suddenly remember her was such an ass pull
Ass pull? As far as I'm concerned, it might as well be a fucking plot hole. They made a very real (shitty, but real) reason for her to be completely and utterly forgotten, and then renege on it so fucking fast it's mind-boggling. Her showing up as a figment of Sora's heart in DDD is cute and fine, but actually just fucking showing up out of nowhere? There is zero explanation.
There is a lot I can forgive in KH3, but Xion's existence makes it really hard.

I LOVE her. HELP ME

Attached: 00638C77-AD1E-4F36-85C0-E69734C9536D.jpg (1334x750, 52.23K)

reaction commands are not inherently bad. however, when the boss is invulnerable for a length of time until you simply press triangle, qte, boss gets stunned, do some damage, rinse and repeat, thats terrible design. bosses should be strong, dangerous enemies with a lot of health. not puzzle fights, not waiting games, not qte fests. i want action in my arpg.

one of the dumbest things about kh2 was the drive forms being basically useless for most bosses. you have limited time in this form, but most of the fight is waiting around for the boss to become vulnerable to/from a reaction command, and then it goes right back to be invulnerable again. what the fuck am i supposed to use this tremendous power for (that takes forever to recharge btw) if not on a fucking BOSS?

reaction commands on regular monsters were pretty great. grab the robot and blast lasers at the enemy, do a cool swooping attack, baseball the big fatty, etc. having some situational reaction commands like counters to boss moves (like that flurry attack sephiroth does) is fine and perfect. hell, even a couple of qte type things can fine if you earn it. but if you slow down the boss fight to deny your ability to FIGHT it and you HAVE to wait and rely on reaction commands to deal damage and open the boss up, thats fucking miserable.

>Rex immediately recognizes Sora as Yozora dosen't make any sense since he looks nothing like Yozora especially his 'animal' companions
>Most players just assume Rex had bad eyesight
>However nobody knows what actually happened at the beginning of Verum Rex so it's possible that Yozora might actually looks like Sora before 'something' changed him into not-Noctis
>Assuming KH4 is Verum Rex
>tfw you realized that toy Sora's outfit looks similar to KH4 Sora
>tfw you remember that Yozora's jacket has literally has 'crossed Kingdom Keys' with Sora's skull face on it
>tfw Yozora might be Sora all along
>tfw Magia and Aegis might be Donald and Goofy isekai'd

SOMEBODY STOP THIS MAD MAN

Attached: kingdom-hearts-3-rex-768x432.jpg (768x432, 47.56K)

Stopbros do you think we'll ever make a comeback again?

Attached: Stop.png (512x447, 293.1K)

We've seen it used by NPCs in later games, so I could easily see it come back.

Good theory, but it makes the conversation between the two absolutely schizophrenic. Which doesn't disprove it or anything, it's happened in this series before, it's just funny.
>Yozora is Sora
>goes by Yozora now
>forgets who Sora is, but still knows that 'Yozora' isn't who he looks like
>is out to """save""" Sora on orders from someone else
and my favorite line
>"Why are you using Sora's name?"
Which is such a weirdly phrased question.

Mickey and Xehanort both use it

Reminder that Mickey was literally and I do mean LITERALLY have full intention of actually murdering Xehanort after he killed Kairi. He fired off an Ultima spell at point blank range. I feel like this doesn’t get discussed as much as it should. Mickey fucking Mouse was seconds away from nuking a man out of existence

Attached: DE744C87-61F8-4119-98E0-FFE22D5FB238.jpg (1920x1080, 211.25K)

At least it’s a taunt in smash

Are you just now realizing the "Guardians of Light" is a crown-sanctioned hit squad that the literal King of Reality not only is a part of, but his two proteges lead?

Attached: 1628555820342.png (1000x622, 736.36K)

>KH2 QTE are shit because they're exactly the same as QTEs in other shitting games
How?
No, really, how?
Please tell me another game that uses QTEs like KH2 uses Reaction Commands.

Funny. Stellafag's favorite Fire Emblem game is Thracia 776.

All things return to the writeups LMAO

He knew it wouldn't do anything.

>PLEASE BRING BACK REACTION COMMANDS GODMURA
>kk
>WTF QTES SUCK ASS WTF!!!
Nomura can't seem to catch a break can he?

KH 2 fags also bitched about Riku's long hair which is why it was cut in later installments. We just have to admit that Japs have terrible taste and fucked the series over.

no. Demyx's name has to be an anagram minus the X, that's the rule for all org members.

Sometimes they are scene things and other times they are battle mechanics like blocking Sephiroth's flash slash

So? Donald mother fucking Duck actually did kill a guy by nuking him even harder than Ultima

Attached: Kingdom Hearts Donald.png (856x809, 336.58K)

Nah, someone pointed out the other day that Terranort's piece was still on YX's board during the chess match after that showing it did nothing to him.

Thanks I was going to play Missing Link but now I'll pay extra attention.

>Forgotten
I think you mean JOBBED

He won't because he's a fucking retard.

Honestly think it's way better than the shit that was in KH3. So I'm excited.

So can Sora wield the X-Blade? Xehanort bequeathed it to him. Is Nomura just going to ignore this?

Attached: A0EDBD70-0D04-4837-A20C-75325C8D36BD.jpg (1024x540, 49.86K)

The transformations in the trailer (the grappling hook and the drill) use the same sound effects as Xehanort's keyblade transformations during his Data fight in the KH3 DLC, so it probably ties into that.

will form drives come back?

Attached: atoast.jpg (1067x1069, 63.35K)

No, they're doing some other weird shit, it seems. Focus is probably dead, though; the EX meter in the trailer was styled after the KH2 drive meter instead of the BBS Focus meter like it was in KH3's early trailers.

Attached: ss+(2022-04-14+at+11.29.26).png (608x174, 16.88K)

I hope so, I hope we don't have the carnival ride attacks from 3.