Clear objective

>Clear objective
>Multiple well designed endings with diverse cutscenes
>Combat is satisfying once you master it
>You know exactly what is your relationship to a particular boss or their background
>Fantastical settings
>Lore is given to you in a very tight and comprehensive manner
>You follow an actually designed character and not a mute self-insert

Attached: Sekiro_1.jpg (1000x563, 73.62K)

Open world games are a meme. Sekiro is far superior to Elden Ring.

I have a theory that Elden Ring was supposed to tell an actual story, and From hired GRRM for that. GRRM being GRRM spent years 'writing' it but never actually turned in a single page. At some point, Bamco demanded the game to come out, and From realized GRRM would never deliver anything, so they rushed out to deliver the game, which ended up being being a unfinished, slightly altered clone of DS3 with Bloodborne bosses. Miyazaki referenced GRRM with the Loathsome Dung Eater.

Sekiro=BB=DS1=DeS>>>POWER GAP>>>>>DS3>ER>>>>GIGA POWER GAP>>>>>DS2

Attached: soulsborne2.jpg (567x680, 99.23K)

is this game better than it looks? it looks really boring. especially the mob encounters look shit. I've liked every souls game except bloodborne.

why do these threads just feel like cope?

Attached: 1649983515355.jpg (372x360, 70.55K)

Truly the only good fromsoftware game, all the souls like shit just doesn't click for me, all those rollings and cheese builds are no match for true skill.

Attached: 1648545019473.png (661x623, 309.17K)

>You know exactly what is your relationship to a particular boss or their background
This, and it made the Owl fights KINO

Attached: Sekiro_Great_Shinobi___Owl_guide_header.jpg (1400x1050, 161.92K)

>Open World games are a meme
Please explain how Grand Theft Auto open world is a meme. And how can GTA keep its gameplay design core value without having open world structure.

Why would they hire a guy that knows nothing about Japan to write for a game set in Japan, and then make a game with European folkore and tropes, and then not hire that guy for that that's known for constantly ripping off European history to reuse it in his books?

Brainlet schizo theory

Attached: bunny2.jpg (378x326, 23.38K)

really funny to think that Yea Forums shat on this game even harder than elden ring when it came out. now that it's time to shit on the new release, you all backpedal and claim the game was good all along

How can you say that when souls games are just rolling and pressing r1?

>make something different
>ends up doing great with sales and critics
>Oh man, can't wait to see what fresh stuff fromsoft is going to do ne-
>they go back to dark souls for the next game
why

Elden Ring is not set in Japan, what are you smoking?

I want that last part to be true

that's not how I played a single one of those bar ER (enemies are too spastic to play any other way)

Because the open world is boring? It’s just empty space with enemies copy/pasted here and there. I’d rather have levels with more intentional design.

It is the best fromsoftware game.
The issue is that there is no online and the lore is not vague and nonsensical to justify theory crafting, summon requests, or pvp banter on the generals in /vg/ for example.

Spoon feed me the story harder daddy

Fromsoft's magnum opus.

Attached: 1649976306245.jpg (1500x2233, 989.79K)

And yet the final boss comes out of nowhere by tearing out of Genichiro's neck.

Im joking you dummy, you posted ER stuff in Sekiro thread

Play immersive sims.
Play Hitman, Prey, Dishonored, Thief, Shock series, Deus Ex.

Better level design than Fromsoft.

When did you realized that fire isshin > saint isshin ?

This isn't a Sekiro thread, it's a seething-at-elden-ring thread.

Never since its not true. Fire Isshin is a joke.

>why
elden ring already sold more in a month than sekiro did in its lifetime. that's why. disingenuous fuck.

dif user.
>slop for the masses sold more
no shit

Attached: 1461782847285.png (664x766, 781.89K)

at the time of Sekiro it was impossible to know how much it was going to sell you absolutely brainlet.

>it was impossible to know how much it was going to sell
>game of thrones marketing
>open world
it was literal bait for normalfags and youre a retard if you dont acknowledge that

>bootleg Tenchu

nah, Bloodborne is objectively a better game

Fire Isshin isn't nearly as aggressive and has very short combos. Sword Saint Isshin/Inner Isshin blow him out of the water completely.

>No replayability or rpg systems whatsoever
>You must play an already established character
It's a shame, I actually think Sekiro is by far their tightest game in terms of gameplay design, so I hope they learn from it and integrate those systems into future titles, but it was a rather one and done deal for me, which ultimately makes it mostly a forgettable experiment as a game.

because they are

>which ultimately makes it mostly a forgettable experiment as a game
Pretty much this. I liked the world and character design and creative bosses like the Blazing Bull or the Guardian Ape, but aside from those, I barely recall anything from the game.

>pic unrelated
Yep, Bloodborne is still their best.

Souls drones are retarded and autistic at the same time so want the same thing over and over

>Sekiro=BB
>DS1=DeS
kek Bloodborne is better than Sekiro, it's the best FromSoft game, also DS1 is just DeS 1.5 with even worse framerate on release and even more glitches

>why?
>more copies sold in four weeks than Sekiro copies ever sold
gee I wonder

Port it to a system that doesn’t run like complete dogshit and I’ll consider it

>talking about framerate
>mentioning bloodborne
Bloodborne is the 2nd best after Sekiro.

They were a meme until Elden Ring saved them

Sekiro and Elden Ring were both being developed at the same time and Miyazaki says that he wasn't able to put too much of what they learned from Sekiro into Elden Ring because of it. After Sekiro was finished, it was just all hands on deck for Elden Ring which is why we never got DLC.

nah, Bloodborne is objectively the best, only faggots who don't own a PS4 dont agree

Cmon user I played it. It was fine but the stunparry was too op

>only faggots who don't have a PS4 disagree
pretty much, I played all FromSoft games since DeS on the PS3 and BB is just so much better than Sekiro or DaSIII

cant you instantly take off half a health bar for every boss?

This is my second from game after ER. My thoughts so far

The good:
>movement, animation in general, ability to swim, etc are all far better than ER to the point I'm glad I didn't play it first since it would be a huge downgrade in that regard
>little to no cheese potential forces me to git gud, elevating the satisfaction after beating a boss

The arguable:
I was told it was far more linear than the Souls games, with no real ability to overlevel/underlevel and a generally far more curated experience. I haven't really found that the case so far. I've had to grind minibosses in no particular order for gourd seeds and prayer beads to stand a chance against the main path posses, and I currently have no idea if my various levels are too low, too high, or about right.
I also apparently went the wrong way at Hirata Estate and ended up at a locked door with no way to proceed. Turned out I had to go back to a random idol, take a different path, and talk to someone to get a key, after which they tell me to go the way I went the first time as if it were supposed to be a hidden mystery.
To put it another way, it pretends to have multiple paths, but seemingly there's actually just one correct path and you have to guess which it is.

I also find that the telegraph for red kanji attacks that you can mikiri counter is pretty indistinguishable from ones that can't be countered.

The bad:
>long and tedious runs back to bosses make grinding attempts at them much less fun
>the deathblow count should reveal how many stages a boss has, but sometimes it sticks to this and sometimes just decides that the boss comes back after you kill it with a new name and deathblow count (to be fair ER does this too)
>punishes death so severely that you have to engage in busywork and/or grinding before any boss to ensure you won't waste all your stuff
>some bosses/minibosses absolutely require consumables, so if you die too much then you're just fucked regardless of how well you explored

faggot

It really is. The best kino imaginable

I have PS4 and i have the platinum trophy for Bloodborne and i disagree.
Sekiro, Dark Souls 1 and Elden Ring are all better games.

dark souls 1 is crap. demon souls is a much better and curated experience. ds1 is a fucking mess and even ds2 has better endgame

(Me)
Oh, and the miniboss design is just bad in my opinion. You pretty much have to get that first stealth deathblow in otherwise you're making the fight much harder than it needs to be, so if you don't manage it the only sensible option is to bail out with homeward idol or something and try again. Which just feels like you're wasting time rather than having fun.
And most minibosses are either surrounded by goons that you have to dispatch (usually in an easy but tedious manner) if the miniboss itself is going to be manageable, OR there's a way to bypass the goons but there's a good chance some of them will spot you and aggro during the fight (which essentially means the difficulty of the fight is randomised).

And while I'm complaining, it's really irritating how inconsistently the grappling hook points are placed. Generally the answer for "why can't I grapple to that point" is nothing more justified than "because the level designer realised it would make the area too easy, or would make a boss skippable".

I don't want to give the impression I hate it, it's a good game and I'm having fun. It's not the 10/10 masterpiece that was hyped up to me though.

>press L1 to deflect
>skill
do people nowadays really consider good timing a skill? back in the 2000s every game with a sword in it required you to be able to parry

That was...shocking

You didn't beat the game.

Because quality is more important than sales, investor

>>punishes death so severely that you have to engage in busywork and/or grinding before any boss to ensure you won't waste all your stuff
>You pretty much have to get that first stealth deathblow in otherwise you're making the fight much harder than it needs to be, so if you don't manage it the only sensible option is to bail out with homeward idol or something and try again.
Shitter detected

I played up to ng+7 in the first weeks after it came out and have gone back for multiple replays since
Different strokes

Post your charmless bell demon clear

That's literally the FromSoft meme. The "it's good because it's hard" and the "you need skills, bro" shit normies ate up. I unironically had a harder time getting used to the game in DMC1 than any of the Souls games. Way of the Samurai on the PS2 was way more challenging than Sekiro.

>he thinks you stand there and just spam L1
shitter detected