Why is he so memorable?

Why is he so memorable?

Attached: rjvtptywzib51.jpg (1600x900, 144.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iR-K2rUP86M
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M
youtube.com/watch?v=f3MqADgMIks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who?

Attached: 175610985615.jpg (316x282, 35.05K)

because you were a dumb kid who barely just got out of the womb so anything is amazing to you

Because he's a god.

He had great voice acting, that's the primary reason I think.

Attached: Dagoth's_hiding_place.jpg (1350x900, 80.99K)

youtu.be/iR-K2rUP86M

Cool voice, cool lines and cool design. The actual fight is meh and there's really not much of him in the story outside of that conversation you have at the end. Kinda like all TES main antagonists. Oh and his dungeon isn't that great either.

good design and quotable

He is a rational actor. Its possible to sympathize with him as the reborn nerevar Fuck Bethesda for not giving the option to join the 6th House and fuck up the Tribunal

Cheap ripoff

but you fuck up the Tribunal anyways

You know you can kill Vivec and Almalexia right? You don't need Dagoth Ur to do that.

There's no need to fight brothers, false gods have to die.
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Attached: 1649709714749.png (752x877, 404.54K)

He was doing the right thing and didnt betray his bro.
But he spent too much time and got into crazy shit and out of good intentions, lost his way, disconnected himself from normalfags.

It resonates among anons. Especially the older ones that got betrayed by their old friends.

Because he is ever brilliant.

beat me to it

Not killing every last one of em.
Poor form user, poor form.
It was meant to be a TES noir. There are no good guys and nobody gets a hapy ending.

Any other way and you did it wrong.

OMNIPOTENT GOD
OMNISCIENT GOD
SOVEREIGN GOD
IMMUTABLE

big lips

More like impotent god. Very common among dumner gods.

>FUCK YOURS ARGONIAN MAID MOTHER
NOTHING PERSONAL SCALIE

This cloaca ain't gonna clean itself. Get to work smurf.

Respectful antagonists are always the best.

cool voice and memorable quotes
cool design

Voice acting is an important tool. Why didn't Morrowind use it more?

YOU N'WAH

they couldn't afford it. it was for the best anyway, oblivion had tons of cool content cut simply because they couldn't fit enough voice lines on the disk.

It's very rare for the antagonist show genuine affection for the protagonist

It made sense why he would never let you join the Sixth House, all the people who served him were basically mindslaves and it wouldn't really make sense why the player would be able to continue playing the game as one, Fallout 1 got around this issue because it actually had endings so it didn't have to let you keep playing after becoming an obedient super mutant

Attached: 1635539614644.png (504x614, 390.71K)

Because elder fags won't fucking shut up about him, or stop making memes about him 10+ years after Morrowinds hay-days.

I played this game a lot, and multiple times, and he never stood out more than any other generic bad guy with a "I'm going to conquer the world" plot.
Sure, he had actual voice-lines and a kind of compelling story if you deep-dived into it, but other than that he's pretty forgettable.

Personally, I found that the great houses were a lot more memorable, their characters and their specific sub-plots.

Come Nerevar
Sweet Nerevar
Come to the bed chamber, I wait for you there
This place, where destiny is made

What a grand and intoxicating innocence.

youtube.com/watch?v=f3MqADgMIks
What a grand and intoxicating entrance.

They think memes are a suitable replacement for personaliity. You don't have to force " Why do khajit lick their butts" guy because he is memorable on his own.
Grabbing random NPCs and trying to force them into memory requires too much effort.

See what I mean?

Dsgoth Is an abomination, metaphysically, and vivec was right. But yeah, dagoth is best husbando forever and i wish we could have joined him.

Why'd they do it bros?

Attached: cyro.png (1850x809, 1.24M)

Talos used le CHIM

Why did Morrowind retcon Cyrodiil into a jungle? Who knows.

Sotha Sil is more based than Dagoth Ur
Fargoth Ur is greater than both combined

it was described as a jungle in daggerfall

Somebody didn't do their homework.

He was a divine schizo. Half of him was your true friend and Ally who geniunely wanted to reconnect and band together. The other half was the traitorous wretch who murdered you and tried to steal all the power for himself. This is because the tribunal did some time retcon fuckery while he was in his anti-death coma thing inside the mountain.

Attached: 4ce8a47.jpg (700x469, 72.58K)

Could you kindly present supporting evidence?

First empire pocket guide came with REDGUARD and then was referenced in Morrowind.

Though it doesn't matter much. Redguard and MW are the foundation of modern TES. Arena and daggerfall have very little in common with anything after.

Attached: 1613257369151.jpg (1280x1707, 310.17K)

No they didn't. They used the heart to boost their power . They never were divine in anyway.

More like Redguard andMorrowind have very little in common with Arena, Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, and legends.

When they lie about the past it's not just words, they actually fucked around and changed things .

Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, and legends all follow the lore established in redguard/mw.

Nope.
They used the heart to boost their power They had to top off peridically or their power waned. When they couldn't recharge anymore things turned to shit and they needed the Enpire to send someone to save them.

Did you play the game?

????

The only quote I ever remember is something akin to I love all the games but Morrowind may be more special than the others.

They did this THOUSANDS of years ago, not at the time of the game when they're weak and (more) insane

that pic. I'm in love with something that will never be
damn you Todd

>use color filter to change the skin colour of a real life person to gray and add red eyes
>play 'nwah.mp3' sound file
And that's 99% of Morrowind memes for ya.

>This is because the tribunal did some time retcon fuckery
That might have been the Dwemer actually. If Kagrenac did activate Numidium at Red Mountain like some accounts claim, it might have been responsible for the metaphysical schizo retcons that surrounded the Tribunals rise to power. Same thing happened when Talos became a god.

The only major worldbuilding carried over from arena and daggerfall is the general geography & city names, as well as some mythological figures.

Everything relating to the actual culture and inhabitants of the provinces comes from the redguard pocket guide. Hist trees. Thuu'um. Skooma. Sword singing. Migratory graatwoods. Khajiit subspecies. Colovian&Nibenese. Those kind of things.

That is correct What is your point?
We know they had to make regular "pilgrimages " to recharge from the begining.
Once Dagith started blocking them their power started waning. They were never actually divine.

If you claimed they weren't you got sent to the reeducation camp floating above Vivec . After some beatings and torture if you were willing to recant your prior claims you were let go.

Their divinity was a lie.

I didn't say they were divines I said they fucked around with their upbringings (backstories) to make themselves more heroic/appealing.

Why he keeps constantly trying to homoerotic seduce me, when my ex-wife doesn't seem to care about me at all?

Lord of the rings or potential laziness. The world design of oblivion as a whole makes it seem like they just wanted something simple that they could algorithmically generate and it would be hard to do that with a jungle

Some mythological figures
Do you mean the Divines? They are a little more than some mythological figures.
Maybe you meant the Daedra.
Maybe the Ideal Masters

You not knowing the lore is your shortcoming.

Yes they were propagandists. Sort of the CNN of Tamriel.

Dagothwave beats to listen to while reaching trascendental ideology and fixing the Order

No, daggerfall referenced mythological heroes in the dialogue. A good example is Pelinal, npcs will talk about how he's a warrior-king from the south. They also mention other characters like "Reman Ebonarm" . Much like the divines being names after game devs, these heroic figures were named after characters from tabletop rpg's they played as. In later entries they would be changed into distict characters or demigods/ religious icons. Maybe you should play the game sometime and then you'd know this.

Unique design
Deeply connected to the game's lore
Did nothing wrong

So you acknowledge I was correct then get snarky?
That does not seem wise. You do you though.

Did you know
There was a playtester called Smaug. They couldn't use it for obvious reasons so they called him Also Known As The Old Smaug Himself or Akatosh.
That is why dragons are assosciated with him.

Silly lorelet probably thought it was MK.