Kingdom Come

Thoughts on this game? I'm looking for a comfy medieval RPG with fun sword fighting.

Attached: 1649902987416.jpg (720x1080, 164.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yxsNZ7XD_jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ivvEDZw79dA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>fun sword fighting
Look else where then. This game has the worst combat of all time.

Attached: 1639976204417.jpg (220x221, 6.86K)

>comfy medieval RPG with fun sword fighting
those are more or less my thoughts on the game

once you get it its really really rewarding
and you can always play archer

One of the best games I've played, just start on the hardcore mode or whatever it's called

Lockpicking sucks
Combos suck (they are useless, spam is more rewarded by the combat design)
Trophy system sucks (beat the game staying virgin and withouth killing anyone)

The game is great on a lot of other aspects but when I started playing it i was looking forward to both A) enjoy the game and b) being a completist and get the platinum, and the trophy design literally sucked the will to play the game out of me (take it as you will)

Dude, you should really try to ease off with the trophies if they have this much of an effect on your enjoyment of a game

>caring bout cheevos
Yeah, kys cancer. "People" like you are why we don't have unlocks anymore.

>NOOOOO M-MUUH POINTS
cancer like you is why devs don't add fun challenge achievements that actually require you to play the game differently

filtered

I love KCD but the combat is genuinely some of the worst of all time in any game, ever. There is no way to make it better, either. All you can really do is spam clinch into overhead with a blunt weapon to make it last less time.

>why can't I just mash M1 and epic win??
holy mother of filtered

masterpiece

best nature environment I’ve seen in a game

I loved the combat in Mordhau. How similar is the combat in KCD?

Only chuds care about this game

should I just turn off all dlc?

pathetic

Attached: 03119468790.png (850x618, 684.25K)

no thats some of the best stuff in the game

no, just don't start a woman's lot right after the prologue

Absolutely nothing alike, it's more like For Honor.

Combos are unusable in KCD. Genuinely unusable. Sure, once you hit max level you can use them against peasants, but even then you really shouldn't, because peasants hunt in packs and while you're trying to epic sick combo one, the others will get behind you and start smacking you around. Attempting to combo a high level enemy ALWAYS results in them parrying your attack for a free hit.

playing through it myself right now. story, world, and music are all top tier. combat 1v1 is fine... but anything more than that and it falls apart. i dont understand why the devs chose to have 2 lock-ons in combat.

>Attempting to combo a high level enemy ALWAYS results in them parrying your attack for a free hit.
wrong

"Combos" don't make any realistic sense, KCD is not modelled after fucking shonen anime.

Cool, thanks.

It's only shit when you fight with multiple enemies at once, which is why you need to lure them one by one.
Combat becomes pretty easy when you perfect the master strikes.
The rest of the game is a solid 10/10.

It's a video game, having techniques/combos to learn is just fun. Don't overthink it. The issue is that they are effectively unusable in a practical sense in Kingdom Come because high level enemies parry them and low level enemies go down in one hit to the head.

You're welcome

If you're bad at video games the combat might give you some trouble. There's lots of combos to memorize

i second this opinion

Masterpiece

>"Combos" don't make any realistic sense
yes they do

Most of the combat in KCD is preparation and tactics, not how you hit the guys.
Fuck, even the Kenshin manga taught you this, what did you niggers grow up with?

It's pretty good and comfy Just get the mods that fix the combat jank up a bit, adds the bow and arrow reticle, and a couple more I forgot.

youtube.com/watch?v=yxsNZ7XD_jQ
No combos to be seen.

As opposed to just waiting to hit Q?

Oh yeah use the autosave one. Don't listen to hardcore fags, it's not fun replaying an hour of gameplay because you ran into a bug or something.

That's how I did it, I finished the game without ever having fought more than one guy at a time. Still loved it, I want a sequel to this more than anything else

18:27

>claimed this on Epic for free
>don't want to download Epic to play it

Attached: 1649560026690.jpg (1280x960, 314.69K)

>bow and arrow reticle

Attached: 1635968229997.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

yes, you are

Filtered

with saving mods yes because I'm not made of free time, sorry devs.

How does saving work?

Broken as fuck, but still the best RPG of the last decade.

Do not play it on console, horse combat is impossible with a controller and there are a lot of little quality of life things that just work better on PC.

Attached: 1641138405927.jpg (736x1010, 159.5K)

bit of a learning curve but the game gave me bethesda exploration vibes, some of the storylines are pretty good and the voice acting is good too. not a perfect game but considering the smaller team and shit, it's pretty okay. plus mods

>65 games I bothered to claim for free, have played 0 of them. Just enjoy wasting Tim's money.

You have to use a consumable item in-game for manual saves, and until you get good enough at alchemy to just brew as many as you please it can get frustrating in the early game, though it was a fun thought.

Also it has the best world map in video games.

Attached: 3c8b102e97c5313cb1e0ea86c82a7c8742666feb.jpg (800x450, 492.06K)

I'm now picking it up because you look and smell exactly like a seething filtered faggot.

You can find a shitload and they're pretty cheap. Otherwise an inn works too.

you use a consumable that's super easy to get, never understood how people had issues with it

Just dont play on a base ps4. Runs like sewage water

I personally never had a problem with it, but for a game that consistently crashed every hour until they finally finished patching out the worst gamebreaking bugs, you could lose a few hours of gameplay getting stuck in a merchant dialogue window.

>RPG with no fantasy elements
Cringe

True to medieval life, it's most fun when you are drunk off your ass and killing foreigners

shit bait faggot

I bet you like playing as elf wizard girls, faggot.

Attached: 1646455700855.jpg (750x1094, 223.3K)

Besides a charisma buff, what's the point of drinking in this game? Is it just for RPing?

>tfw kino priest bro quest
youtube.com/watch?v=ivvEDZw79dA

>New playthrough
>Stealth killing and stealing shit from chests everywhere I go
Every time

did you lose your thumbs from sucking on them a lot when you were younger or something? horse combat feels fine on controller. matter of fact, too fine, you can cheese fights so easily on horseback its not even funny.

what i wanna know is these QoL things you mentioned. can you elaborate?

Look elsewhere. The game is popular with unironic chuds. that’s always not good.

It's more of that slap slap slap knee slap move that the NFL banned than a videogame combo. The idea being that you are knocking them around a specific way to leave them open for you to do something specific like stab their wrist or put it in their eye slot.

>Is it just for RPing?
mostly, I think there are a few hidden places on the map you can only get to by getting blackout drunk

Its good. But I'd rather just play bannerlord or modded warband

what places?

I came across one which was some watch tower in the woods with no ladder, woke up at the top next to a chest

wow! i know the exact spot you're talking about. I rememeber coming across it in the forest and being terribly confused at the lack of a ladder? Wasn't there a traffic cone up or something up there too?

sorry for the awful photo, just what i found on google.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)