Kirby fan or not, which one looks better to you?

Kirby fan or not, which one looks better to you?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8EsfwYHpTJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the one on the snebms

GBA is technically better but had little thought put into how each level looks.
I'm just gonna play the GBA version anyways because it's not a huge deal to me, but I can understand the people who are annoyed by it because it is objectively a downgrade.

Attached: 1617823454382.jpg (960x960, 90.17K)

I mean if you look at it as a still image Kirby adventure is going to look more pleasing to the eye. But Nightmare in dreamland is going to look way better in motion with its smoother animations. Even though its not my favorite kirby I think Dreamland 3 looks the best with its crayon like visuals

right one.

gba is the single most soulless kirby game in existence

right unironically

Both are good

Left one but the 3d version on 3ds

Ok...
I shouldn’t have to do this
Yo! Listen!!! I got a hamburger for every day pf the week. What’s up? You can’t. Bitchdog, doggy dog. I’m literally frothing at the cock. Uh uh uhuh uhn nn. Lace up&HAVE AT IT
>I screamed out withe aggression as intense as only I could have, letting loose the fury.
it’s about to be catastragic here some really indiscriminant unfortunalities will occur.
All that shit?! Only served to show...S/(t)he(y) don’t pose a threat to me. Realistically, hypothetically, hyper specifically piccadilly DON’T mess with me, period!

XOxo
Get the message?
Taste...the blind...rage... permanently.

Playing Nightmare as we speak btw, funny how you can clearly tell the path in the dark. They also replaced you running around butter building as the background spins with you just...standing in place and waiting until the door fades in

Attached: darkness.png (461x272, 21.12K)

Right because Adventure has horrible lag

Why were GBA games often so goddamn ugly?

Blame this on the GBA not having a backlit screen

Left i hate hats

left for the sound and aspect ratio

This version. Max 3D. Dark backgrounds.

Attached: 3d-classics-kirbys-adventure-cover.cover_large[1].jpg (400x240, 25.42K)

left = soul
right = soulless

Should I play the 3d classics version of Adventure or Nightmare in Dreamland? Or should I just play both?

You wanna try ask that question again, pal?

i love kirby's adventure so much

Attached: question.gif (488x447, 15.61K)

I don't like GBA on a big screen. Has nothing to do with the Kirby game though.

Should I play both Adventure and Nightmare in Dreamland or just one of them?

Sorry, what? How just one of them?

Left is really impressive considering the hardware. I was never a fan of "digitized" assets in 16bit games. Adventure has coherent visuals, Nightmare mixes different and clashing artstyles.

Adventure has the better aesthetic but the Kirby sprite from NiDL was good enough that they kept it up through the entire GBA & DS era, same with some of the enemy sprites (although some held up less well than Kirby himself).

Meta Knightmare aside (and even then KSSU & PR have better Meta Knightmare experiences) the best way to play the game is the 3DS remaster of the NES version.

Attached: 1647043703922.jpg (2048x1611, 226.89K)

>removed the "climbing slopes" gimmick
They have a sprite for it as demonstrated by Yogurt Yard's intro, wonder why they didn't just use that
NTA but go for the 3d classics one, Nightmare feels like a fever dream (ha)

Attached: autismo.png (460x267, 35.94K)

The colors are fucked on purpose on the GBA so it's easier to see with the shitty screen. You should reduce the saturation a bit so it looks closer to what it really looked like.

The screen is shit so they increase the saturation, look at Breath of Fire on SNES and GBA for a good comparison.

The style of the NES version is better and things like the sword art on the NES changing to just SWORD in blue text on the GBA is what soul is about, but I'm pretty sure the HUD is nonexistant mainly because it's the GBA and the screen is small as hell.

Attached: 1621487817109.gif (297x277, 880.52K)

NiDL has the little splash screen cards but they only appear when you first acquire the Ability.

adventure has a more cohesive style

Right because he has a hat.

>snebms
Gesundheit.

Play both, NiDL for the Meta Knightmare mode

Adventure is better but what this picture is missing is the sound effects, NiDL's got some really punchy sounds

youtube.com/watch?v=8EsfwYHpTJ8

kirby 's adventure had a better overall style and is my prefered version.
also. NiDL made some awkward changes.

metaknightmare was fun at least

Attached: intro-aw_09.png (377x217, 18.97K)

>picture
>sound effects
uhhhhhhhhhhhh

The physics feel worse in GBA so I always liked adventure better. GBA has meta knight mode which is cool though

Wasn't a fan of the watercolor asthetics of nmidl, am or squeak squad. Snes super star had peak kirby asthetics followed by dreamland 3.

kirby's adventure because it's the one I played

>posts direct graphics upgrade
>no loss in artstyle, in fact wider color array helps give it a cartoony look
>"DUUUR WHICH ONE LOOKS BETTER??"

Attached: 1643087869736.jpg (492x486, 24.7K)

Hmm, the one on the left just looks more clean from an aethetic standpoint
I think right only looks good at the resoution you're meant to see it as, because it was trying to use realism (for some reason) but when blown up looks like shit.

I think it's a weird decision to remake a game, designed with simple aesthetic, to look more detailed, on a device with a 10x smaller resolution screen. Seems like it should have been more on, like, the Gamecube or maybe do something like Warioland: Shake It, on the Wii instead.

wait the blue bar is a normal thing? I thought it was an emulator issue and I don't remember it being a thing when I had it on the NES back then

that pic is from a emulator
dumpass

Depends on how your TV handles overscan. The assumption is that you won't see it because TVs of the time had that area off screen, but on a modern CRT to HDMI converter you'll see those 8 pixels in MMC3 games (Kirby, SMB3)

Gba games look like Snes games

Nightmare in Dreamland has a lot of weird design decisions (Meta Knight not throwing the invincible candy in Vegetable Valley, Butter Building not spinning, certain background and gameplay elements from the original just completely missing), it feels like they made the assets for a different game only to hastily slap them together for a "remake". The original has such a simple, colorful style and really pushes the NES to it's limits. The 3D Classics version is the best one, though.

Everything in GBA and DS era were ugly. It was best in SNES, but 3DS got us to a nicer 3D styled kirby.

>direct graphics upgrade
>no loss in artstyle
FALSE

Attached: proxy-image[2].jpg (2000x1000, 699.48K)

right has a higher score/more Kirbys.

left has SWORD

Right can suck up left and take it

left has more health and can dispatch right in 1 hit

k. 1 down 6 more to go LOL
get guffed

You win this time...

Attached: proxy-image[1].jpg (1125x835, 45.7K)

don't give up so easily. Losing a life means they restart from the beginning of the stage.

GBA. Always really liked its sprites

is this image real? like it's not a glitch or something? I just can't fathom why they would put random floating platforms and think it looks fine

But user... that IS the beginning of the stage.

One for the history books

Attached: 1649984841086.jpg (468x858, 169.84K)

I don't care how it looks all I care about is how you can't dash off a ledge and gain a ton of momentum on gba