Which is better, Yea Forums?

Which is better, Yea Forums?

Attached: oot.png (1202x1440, 3.09M)

>top
otherwordly and feels cold
>bottom
we blew our bought on fake ice statues leftover from disneyland, feels like a middle school play

>top
SOVL
>bottom
utterly devoid of any soul

top feels more mystical with the light show, but thats probably nostalgia talking

>otherwordly
Imbecile. Dimwit. Numbnut.

Blue tunic.

For me its Red tunic+Mirror shield

Stop talking about yourself, pal.

Bottom objectively.
It has much better art direction and colour usage. better vertex colouring and doesn't have the non-sensical wall with no depth that makes it look like a beta room.

I think that wall in N64 was meant to look like a skybox of distant shimmering crystals but they did a fucking awful job.

Attached: oot2.jpg (400x435, 26.33K)

The top is literally just a box with a repeated texture placed on it and some reflective polygons on the floor

damn boomers are dumb, cool Roblox game lmao

Attached: 1605370003917.png (1002x926, 138.29K)

I hate how flat the lighting is on the bottom.

The fact that they didn't recreate that wall texture and give each layer its own depth for the 3D effect to enhance the trippyness of that room will never not make my blood boil.

>I think that wall in N64 was meant to look like a skybox of distant shimmering crystals but they did a fucking awful job.
They could have fixed it with some ingenuity and proper application of the 3D effects, but instead they just abandoned it and phoned it in like fucking hacks.

I don't understand something, was the N64 supposed to give the illusion that there were no walls and it was instead a view of the night sky or something? Even back then it looked sorta shitty but also trippy and memorable, bottom looks objectively better but also super forgettable and souless.

Surely you got the two mixed up?

bottom objectively looks better but the top has more sovl

>less texture on snow
>worse framing, the door is a random object in empty space on the bottom while on top the door is clear and distinct
>the bright ice on the bottom makes the room feel less cold and warmer
it has no art direction, it's only better if you think better graphics = better look

the original looks like a playtest room, that said it would be cool to place it into a grotto or two, modding the port will be fun

Attached: water_seal.jpg (620x473, 42.38K)

With my nostalgic biased removed it's mostly the bottom image as it actually looks like an ice cavern, at least more than the top image, however a mix of the both would be the best of worlds. Have the ice from the bottom image but the background "stars" and snow from the top image.

Attached: 1644337878267.jpg (4000x5333, 3.48M)

>top looks like shit
>bottom looks like shit
Great

Bottom, but with the tops wall textures in the distance

Fpbp

I like the infinite star texture of the top, but it has a very lazy application. The room didn't need to be a literal square. Bottom has a genuine feel of an infinite ice cavern that no person would be able to fully explore.

>old good new bad

Have modders (aka game dev jannies) done any work on the PC port yet?

>top
that whacky room in a theme park or art exhibit designed to draw in Instagram junkies looking to take photos
>bottom
mystical realm of ice analogous to Superman's Fortress of Solitude, definitely some cool magic shit in there

Yes, I think the N64 room is meant to seem like an endless, sparkling, crystalline void space.

Top is bad. only thing it offers is the brighter snow texture and badly executed concept of the sparkle background.

these can easily be combined.

Attached: combine.png (1202x720, 1.14M)

This

>top
"Oh hey it's that room"
>bottom
"What room is this again?"

I don't like how cartoony the 3DS remakes look, to me the original N64 games felt darker and more grounded visually.

>to me the original N64 games felt darker and more grounded visually. It's sort of a mix.
The characters and villages always had a fantastical Disney-esque appearance in the concept art while the dungeons were oppressive and moderately terrifying.

A big theme of OoT is how it feels for a child to mature into adulthood. The juxtaposition of bright, fantastical art with horrifying enemies is a good way to represent that

Attached: Link_vs._Queen_Gohma.png (973x690, 619.68K)

>the original N64 games felt darker and more grounded visually
The remake is visually perfect. You're just nostalgia-fagging for the old look because you were a dumb kid when you played it.

Both are fine, but I like the OG more since it feels more fantastical with the stars rather than just ordinary ice crystals. Bright, vibrant colors on black backgrounds are kino.

visually the bottom looks more technically impressive, but i think the slimmer/more angular aesthetic of the top is more attractive to look at

top looks like a team fortress 2 community server
bottom looks like early amateur 3d animation

>The remake is visually perfect.

No!

Attached: upxkWCL.png (920x264, 285.91K)

I like both desu. The top is a cool fantasy magic visual but the bottom is just plain a good ice cave. Considering the dungeon is literally call "Ice Cave" I think nintendo was within their right to make that redesign.

This and the Shadow Temple are the only thing stopping OoT 3D from being the best remake on history. It's amazing how badly they fucked it up.

right is more accurate and realistic

The N64 version is superior, but it should be played at native resolution, as the visuals were designed for.

lol

lmao

Attached: 1597361376259.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

The original was only cool when you didn't know it was just a bunch of transparent textures all textures.

Top. Don't need their feelgood snowflake crystals and Link wearing a woman's Makeup.

Attached: N64-Ocarina-of-Time-Banner.jpg (925x278, 53.11K)

>make it as dark as the original
>can't see shit on a 3ds screen

You fags can't even get your facts right, the right image is a screenshot of when the lighting happens, that's why is bright, but retard boomers believe anything they see online lmao

I have no nostalgia for the N64 version, the one time I tried to play it I dropped it mid way through. Even so I have to say I vastly prefer it over the 3DS version. The game had a very unique style with at times abstract and dark visuals, which the new version sucks out almost completely.

Why does 3ds link have a cleavage

Both of those images are wrong. Furfag Subhuman Mutant NES/SNES Pig Ganon needs to replace Ganon in the entire game.

Attached: PigGanon.png (627x673, 557.17K)

Attached: 1610542944855.jpg (2600x2052, 2.94M)

Yeah its almost as if OOT wasn't made to be a handheld game and shouldn't be played that way

new 'jaks

why would anyone say top
if bottom was released when top was released I would have cum in my pants instantly

Both are lacking.
It should've been a Zora gravesite masked as a cavern.

This user is well-versed in desert men cheating death by using magic triangles to transform into giant pig warriors, as well as what that should look like.

The bottom left shot of Ganon looks so cool.

SOUL OVERLOAD

old good new bad

3D was gorgeous

Attached: 1577958745699.png (1025x1152, 1.44M)

He's muscular

bottom wins because of the faces

Soul
----------
Soul

and then loses because of the lighting

bottom loses because of the faces

MORE ACCURATE COMPARED TO WHAT??? THE ORIGINAL GAME IS LITERALLY ON THE LEFT. WHAT "MORE ACCURATE" POINT OF REFERENCE IS THERE?

Looking back the 3DS visuals were pretty impressive, it was only held back by the low resolution screens.

It's more accurate, he checked.

Attached: 1610539398270.jpg (330x318, 32.03K)

A looks like a game
B doesn't look like a game

the remake is overly bright saturated homogenized garbage and link looks like he has down's syndrome. everyone else is a bug-eyed monstrosity and they look even less like the concept art than the 90s shitmodels. you're a complete retard and your eyes don't work. I produce actual shits that you would call """perfect""" too fucktard.

You got those mixed around

Attached: 1610854227407.png (2850x950, 3.79M)

>held back by the low resolution screens
>laughs in citra

I really like the 3DS version because it feels like a realization of the concept art

Both of these are great. A dark, oppressive overcast or the sky itself looking like it's inflamed create good atmospheres for a final fight.

Remake did it's Best to look like that tech demo that didnt come to be.

Attached: images (38).jpg (480x360, 26.96K)

Why is the door so brightly lit tho

people saying top is better are 13 year old zoomers who think "soul" is being able to see the sharp corners on a shittily textured room

>otherwordly
lmao it's a box with star wallpaper

left doesn't really look very good anyway.

Attached: meh.png (920x264, 205.85K)

>Not liking chad N64 Link with his stoic face and massive nose.

3DS screen couldn't handle mist either

Attached: 1610849183158.png (2848x948, 2.66M)

The one that lets you put boots to buttons.