Nintendo graphics

How would Nintendo faggots react to a Nintendo console that's actually the most powerful in its generation?

Would they all of a sudden start claiming that graphics matter?

As a Nintendo faggot myself, I would mostly just be hyped to see if the extra graphics can lead to some insane gameplay shit.

Attached: Nintendo4k.jpg (403x113, 7.07K)

They could end up like snoys and obsess over aloys teeth or some shit.

Doesn't really matter to me as I emulate switch games

Attached: toddlergameonPC.jpg (3840x2160, 2.85M)

Graphics don't matter, art direction does. Just look at those unreal remake of Ocarina of Time. Graphically it looks stunning, but artistically it looks like shit

ok

Attached: thumbsup.jpg (550x673, 21.39K)

Nobody asked faggot

What's funny too is that with lower graphics, Nintendo doesn't have run into as many issues when it comes to fucking glitches or some shit.

Piratefags would die if they didn't at least tell one person they pirate games.

>see if the extra graphics can lead to some insane gameplay shit
Unless Nintendo has the entire production staff isolated from the rest of the industry, it wouldn't. You can see that with how the other consoles are only just now catching up to performance levels PC has had for 4 years already and the most anyone could think to do with it was plain particular effect storms and the map loading gimmick for the new Ratchet and Clank.

They're like Linux and vegan faggots.

aren't Nintendo already isolated as fuck?

I really don't give a shit about being the most powerful. I just want 4K. Fuck, I'd settle for like 1600p at this point. Playing games at 540-900p dynamic res at 30 fps with frame drops, jaggies out the ass, multi-res shading and dithering instead of alpha really degrades picture quality royally. It's not that the games look bad, usually the games have amazing underlying assets. It's that the hardware makes those assets look terrible. It should be criminal to release hardware as bad as the Switch. Nintendo games deserve better.

Attached: 1632664205017.jpg (952x997, 299.93K)

>Would they all of a sudden start claiming that graphics matter?
No. Nintendo's design philosophy wouldn't change.
Although the anger would be hilarious.

>left: soul
>right: sovless

720p is fine. just make games 60 fps. most people can't even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

Maybe Nintendo didn't have enough time to future proof the Switch because they were already in a dire situation??

Also lol graphics are better on PC because it took like 3 fucking years for emulation to finally come out on a system that launched in 2017.

Nintendo won't buckle to the "just a shittier PC" trend.
The last time they tried to have a hardware war they got blown out and they've shown they can do plenty fine without.

>it took like 3 fucking years for emulation to finally come out
It's highly irregular for playable emulation to be available during the retail life of a console. Somehow this only happens to Nintendo consoles. I wonder why.

only Reddit faggots for some reason want Nintendo to do a powerful system.

Like why them??

I doubt Nintendo wants to go the Sony route.

cause they got GAMES

They're isolated in that they get to ignore the rest of the industry while designing games on Nintendo's systems, but if you suddenly threw the best performance game system at them now, I doubt they would really use that extra power.

Probably this, the Switch is basically a Wii U 1.5. I wonder what the Switch successor will look like, considering mobile tech has advanced by leaps and bounds since 2017. It probably won't be anything too special, they'll use nvidia's trash again.

>Somehow this only happens to Nintendo consoles. I wonder why.
It's simple really. The Nintendo fanbase has a larger group of emulator developers and are strong advocates of it. In addition to

>2017

i didn't know it was that old. it feels like it came out 2 or 3 years ago.

>considering mobile tech has advanced by leaps and bounds since 2017.
Not really. Especially if you're making an actual gaming system with it.

I don't want to shit on them but yes, they will do that, like they are doing with lots of ports from ps1 to ps3 that got released on the switch and suddenly got praised by them.

That's because it's wave of games has only slowed down once in 2020 for obvious reasons.

>see if the extra graphics can lead to some insane gameplay shit
Why would that happen?

>Graphics don't matter, art direction does
This. Graphics are just easy mode for devs to get as lazy as possible.

their fans are willing to pay for it. the switch patreon makes 10 times more money than the ps3 patreon.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-14.png (800x413, 103.94K)

>Would they all of a sudden start claiming that graphics matter?
shitposters will , everyone with a fucking brain in their head will know consoles can't push graphics

Nintendo is no longer developing blackbox custom hardware that requires a devkit to even understand how it works. Although the actual leak of the switch devkit didn't help.

Real question, but how are the devs allowed to make money off this? Like legally? I'm actually curious

Still thought Wind Waker's aesthetics were a mistake. I wanted Nintendo to continue down the graphics route but they killed all hype of that with the Wii's success and now they just stick to their own lane of colorful kids games that can run on toasters.

Legally speaking, emulation in and of itself isn't illegal. Playing pirated games on emulators is.

Naw, I'm good. I only bring it up when people start asking whether I bought a game or not, to which I say "[naw, I just pirated it]" and then the conversation continues as normal.

Making emulator programs is in no way illegal. Distributing copywritten game files is.

I know that, but I still don't get how they can make money off this without Nintendo shutting it down

But no one asked that

No, because power is meaningless to the quality of the games.

nintendo stopped participating in the console wars in 2006
>release the gimmick-oriented, grossly underpowered wii
>follow it up with an even more underwhelming, even more underpowered 7th gen console self-deprecatingly named the wii u
>follow that up with a second 7th generation console, superliminally drive a generation of children to Switch genders, and also drop the resolution down to 720p
what the fuck happened

Attached: 1625148187645.jpg (420x420, 45.64K)

Because Sony tried to shut down a PSX emulator back in the 90s and failed miserably.

Right I remember that. I understand that developing an emulator is legal and that backing up games you own it's legal, but I just don't get how they can make money off of something they don't own. Maybe I'm just retarded

The irony is that next to CEMU and the N64 emulators the switch emulator is one of the slowest progressing Nintendo emulators.

Nintendo became the only real console developer.

Wasn't the guy you were originally responding to, but your statement included me as a piratefag, so I thought I should point it out as false, or at least with exception.

>off of something they don't own.
They do own it. An emulator isn't the system it's emulating user.

The no-life shitposters of the internet would eat it up.
I wouldn't care tho

>Maybe I'm just retarded
You're probably fine, you just need lawyer logic.
>but I just don't get how they can make money off of something they don't own
Technically, they aren't trying to copy Nintendo's (or Sony's) R&D. They are trying to *emulate* the way the system works with their own code.

As said, Nintendo is the only one not just selling you a shittier PC.

>Wii lost
>Wii sold considerably more than xbox 360 or ps3
kek, even when they lose they win.

I don't care about graphics I care about scale. And more power could mean greater scale. I want a big open world 3D Mario game.

>I want a big open world 3D Mario game.
That's retarded.

Seriously, that pisses me off. There's a bunch of games on PS3 that never got ports and yet a fucking emulator made by Citra fags get over 6 times the amount.

Ok I think I get it now. I was just confused about how emulation works. I thought they reversed engineered existing code, but if they are writing original code then I understand. Thanks

based
honestly switch emulation is pretty spooky
like i still buy switch games but I'd rather emulate them for the convenience

As a person who doesn't own a Nintendo console anymore, I don't see the point in Nintendo having a powerful console.

The last big visual jump for Nintendo was going from N64 to Gamecube. Mario Sunshine still looks decent to this day and its 20 years old. What exactly would Nintendo do with the extra power outside of the obvious like resolution and draw distance? They don't make hyper realistic games, that's not their style. Maybe the extra power could aid with something more demanding like Open World mechanics in BotW2. But BotW1 still managed to be technically impressive for a Wii U title. The only real use case I could see for a powerful Nintendo console is a 4k model variant for enthusiasts.

Attached: SM3DAS_SMS_scrn_011.jpg (1920x1080, 620.08K)

Bowser's Fury was actually pretty fun and somewhat in that vein.

Wouldn't change a thing since Nintendo is never going to put resources on cutting edge graphics. 4k is just a resolution and that's the most you are going to get. Wii games in 4k and post processing.

What did you expect? The Sony fanbase is against emulation to an aggressive degree.

>The Sony fanbase is one person

Pretty much yeah. They have a weird defensive cult vibe to them