>like a fucking maze
>sites of grace are far between with many hard encounters between them
>godskin duo
>dragons, dragons everywhere
>fucking eagles
>a hard as fuck damage sponge tree sentinal right before the main boss
>main boss is cancer as fuck

Fuck this place and fuck Myazaki.

Attached: crumbling_farum_azula_location_map_elden_ring_wiki_guide_1920px.jpg (1920x1920, 663.16K)

i found the design to be amazing, the way many elements just float in the air and the hallways have this aura of lost grandeur about them

This is the worst spot in the game but half of your reasons arent why

I loved it, shame you didn't

Placidusax is the best boss in the game.

suffers from the same design flaws that carry over from all souls games. High level areas are better off being run through than sticking around to fight anything. Too much of a slog for no reward

Literally the best level in the game.

>tough enemies
they arent that bad
>like a maze
maybe you should paya ttention to level design
>site of graces too far away
theyre placed fine if youre not shit
>godskinduo
foreskin duo sucks donkey dick fuck them
>dragons everywhere
you only have to fight one and im pretty sure you can run by it like the others
>eagles
theyre kind of annoying yeah
>damage sponge tree sentinel
if youve fought them the 15 previous times theyre not hard
>main boss too hard
i guess

explain how that's a bad thing
>godskin duo
don't you know about ash summons and the pillars?

Attached: 1649922688181.png (414x472, 206.85K)

>tough enemies

Stopped reading right here. What the fuck is wrong with you losers? Do you even upgrade your weapons?

It looks cool but unfortunately I have to agree that it is unfun. And I hate that the crucible knight and tree sentinel don't get boss health bars. Makes it a pain in the ass to try to see how much health they have left

The area is indeed cancer but your reasons are retarded zoomer whining.

t.10 vigor

like entire game, you just run through to boss/next grace. never fight anything. never stop. just run.

the dragon crucible knight outside the boss is harder than every boss in the game, but mostly due to the terrain being awkward to land hits properly and camera fucking up constantly. you can cheese him after boss since he cnat enter the arena if you wnat his gear.

Pleb taste. That area was pure kino in terms of aesthetic and design.
Sorry the enemies were hard for you in the very last segment of the game after you've been given ample tools to deal with them

>all in small tight areas you can't move around much in
lmao cry more magefags
They have lots of health but pretty easy movesets. They all die in two L1s from my double ultra weapon STRchad. By this point in the game you really should be able to shit out good damage.
Really liked the area, it was a good final legacy dungeon. The dragons were the only health sponges I had a problem with, and although it's fairly linear there's a lot well-hidden side content to discover.

Haligtree was more annoying with its shit platforming and clustered mobs. They even had the same beast men there, also the worst designed boss in the game.

I enjoyed it.
In fact, I enjoyed every legacy dungeon. The platforming wasn't nearly as bad as everyone said it was.
>that one fucking lightning stake that cuts the music and has a fuckhuge AOE

>Do you even upgrade your weapons?
It's not the fact they are tough, it's that there is no room tight them which make dealing with them hard. The banished knights with the halbirds and twin swords are the worst.

>explain how that's a bad thing
I didn't say it was bad but going through te map for the first time going from one to the other is tough because of the distance and how the number of difficult encounters along the way.

Okay so, the first dragon you fight here? Is it just me or is it a damage sponge?
None of the other dragons in the level are nearly as beefy as it is.

>clustered mobs
that spot with the Erdtree miniboss + 2 holy knights + 6 siege ballistae was insane

The first dragon is the hardest and has a lot of health, he's pretty easy if you use spirit ash to distract him though.

Haligtree is way worse with Tree avatar patrol, the bridge more defended than Leyndell, and Revenant avenue. And the rot swamp. And the Ulcerated Tree Spirit. And Malenia. Hold on, it's completely shit!

I'm fine with the game making me choose to either run through an area or slowly clear an area. I'm NOT fine with a game forcing me to run through an area before I'm able to full clear the area. Haligtree roots are fucking cancer. Those biggest bubble fuckers deserve a bullet to the brain of whoever designed them.
If it weren't for them it'd be fine, your standard area that you can choose to run through or take slowly and knock everything off with a greatbow. The big guys don't give a shit though and will one-shot you while you glitchingly clip on the shitty terrain of the dumbass roots.

Funnily enough, I think the Tree Spirit is the least threatening thing on that list.

it's relatively short

Fuck those holy Knights, the take some beating especially the ones with spears.
A fight between them and a crucible knight would be goot to watch.

name the other half

I enjoyed the Hailgtree apart from the first part with all the tooters and the two big daddy tooters.

>it's that there is no room tight them which make dealing with them hard
Did you know you can block?

The absolute state of STR fags.

The game needed more of this desu. I miss when Dark Souls was about having a long stretch of enemies and level that made you constantly concerned about when you'd actually reach the end of the area.
Since dark souls 2 they've been so liberal with bonfire placement that there's far less stress. Just go gung-ho into most encounters and then chug estus afterwards because you'll get a refill at the next bonfire before long.

> the bridge more defended than Leyndell,
You can get to the next bonfire without touching the bridge. Elphael level design is top tier and you can easily pick off the enemies one by one with some parkour

The very first dragon is so annoying just because you fight it on a slope

It's more weird that it's happening past Dark Souls 2 because 2 was built with ascetics in mind so it had some sense to its bonfire placement.
DS3 and ER have very little reason to keep up with that design philosophy

DS1 had the advantage of having a more or less brand new audience. Ever since people got used to the games they realized you can just sprint through difficult areas to see all the enemy locations and activate bonfires / shortcuts ahead of time, to trivialize the levels.
It made making difficult, carefully designed levels somewhat pointless, and ER doesn't even try anymore, letting you just fast travel instantly whenever you're out of combat. Except in some random catacombs where it's a bizarre useless mechanic to deny fast travel.

Jump attacks with twin curved greatswords+blood flies for bosses. Nuff said

>that one fucking lightning stake that cuts the music and has a fuckhuge AOE

ripped off from monster hunter, same with radhan meteor attack just being Valstrax from MH.

Well I never played Monhun and didn't plan to.

>godskin duo

people had trouble with that boss? it was easy af, I beat them in my first try

>enemies all get two shot
>perfectly managable areas with only 1-2 chokepoints with multiple enemis
>almost entirely linear
>sites of grace are normal distances and if you die you could always just run to the next one and come back to an area later
>he can't kill godshitter duo
>dragons are fucking cool
>eagles might as well be rats they're so easy to deal with
>tree sentinal is just the same scrub as before with a few new moves
the only real thing worth complaining about in the area is malikeths multislash move, everything else is pretty fair gitgud

>tough enemies all the way through
how the fuck do people find the dog dudes hard they are the same as any other trash mob mook

Attached: 1619220242845.jpg (378x364, 95.61K)

It depends on build, level, and tactics...like everything in the game

>Stormveil
>Academy
>Volcano Manor
>Leyndell
>Haligtree
>Farum Azula
All kino. Wish Redmane was a legacy dungeon.

At this point in the game you can comfortably melt every regular enemy with Ashes of War spam, what the fuck did you do to have this much trouble with it? Played the game like DS1? 0 Cerulean Tear Flasks?

I hesitate to call Volcano Manor a legacy dungeon, it just felt incredibly short.
>wish redmane was a legacy dungeon
Same, or at least, the festival actually felt more like one.

Took me like 45 minutes to get through it while killing every enemy in my way

I don't get it, you said it's cancer but then only listed good shit

So why are we just magically transported there, again? I'm halfway through but what's stopping me from just warping bad to the Elden Throne and entering the Erdtree?

Story-wise, you need the Rune of Death because the Erdtree smouldering a bit doesn't mean it's falling apart
How and why the Forge knows to send you there, I've no idea

Great area, completely mogs mountaintops of giants and consecrated snowfield

map area rankings:
1. Leyndell, Royal Capital
2. Liurnia
3. Limgrave
4. Crumbling Farum Azula
5. Mt. Gelmir
6. Haligtree
7. Caelid
8. Altus Plains
9. Weeping Peninsula
10. Consecrated Snowfield
11. Mountaintops of Giants
12. Leyndell, Capital of Ass

Attached: jameson_elden_ring.jpg (965x695, 162.22K)

Thanks

Is his dragon spell good?

Definitely the most “epic”

I dunno, I think Astel or Elden Beast take the spot for pure spectacle

t. rivers of blood

>Mt Gelmir that high
It's just a straight line with one fort and the occassional boss lmao. Volcano Manor is top tier but Gelmir itself is one of the weakest areas in the game.

I think it's alright to classify Volcano Manor as a legacy dungeon if you compare it to Burger King Hogwarts. Stormveil Castles size is a bad comparison because it was just comically packed with shit since the game is very frontloaded.

It was all fine except for Foreskin Duo who can go to hell.

>tough enemies all the way through
mobs are poise-broken in one (1) guard counter, aka piss easy
>all in small tight areas you can't move around much in
good thing
>like a fucking maze
if you're retarded
most bonfires of any legacy dungeon
>godskin duo
yeah they're kinda ass
only need to kill like two and they're not that bad if you stick to their ass
>fucking eagles
bows/magic and they never aggro together
>a hard as fuck damage sponge tree sentinal right before the main boss
easily skipped/cheesed
>main boss is cancer as fuck
actual good opinion, Malekith is a terrible boss

Was using Moonveil and the Mimic actually. And after 150+ hours I had simply stopped caring about exploring every small nook and cranny

I enjoyed Gelmir + Volcano Manor combined mainly due to the many NPC interactions on top of the more varied area even if somewhat linear. Shaded Castle is great too and that's included in the area.

Felt big enough to me honestly although it is clearly the shortest one out of the lot. Felt considerably larger than any of the other side legacy dungeons like Caria Manor at least.

why no underground areas?

>if you compare it to Burger King Hogwarts
lel I finished that area incredibly quickly
then a friend pointed out the two sidepaths and I realized I have to look over every ledge in the game to find jumping spots

Tough Enemies? Where? I didn't find any

Attached: golden_epitaph_straight_sword_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 9.17K)

that's just the game's problem, not that area specifically
dragons, erdtree guardians, ulcerated tree spirits everywhere

>Haligtree anywhere but dead last

I honestly bet you're severely under leveled. The duo was kind of bullshit just because the fat roll seems to glitch out on me, but you fought them so many times that they weren't that bad. Did you fall for the level 120 meme from Reddit?

get good bitch

Radahn and Rykard are literally only spectacle, no actual boss.

Included in the area above them
AKA
Leyndell (deeproot depths)
Liurnia (nokstella)
Limgrave (nokron)
Caelid (Mohg's)

The question wasn't "list all bosses you consider as spectacle bosses"

How did it take you that long to get to FA?
I finished a 99% run in 80 hours.

By actually doing a blind 99% run instead of looking up what I need

>Do jolly cooperation
>RL100
>be 40 VIG, Surgeon Set, around 20-30 physical absorption depending on if I have a Scorpion on
>see people in Banished Knight armor get fucking deleted by bosses
How? Even in NG+3 I don't eat 1HKOs

What's wrong with it?

the fucking birds are worse and more annoying than those in NES Ninja Gaiden

Those listed are more spectacular than Astel and beast.

They stuck to Dark Souls memes and stopped leveling VIG at 20, never realizing that the HP/level keeps going up until 40

I did not care for Deeproot Depths.

What I've noticed is that people get hit once, lose around 50%, drink a flask, but don't top up. Then godskin noble rolls and they get one shot

Thunderbolt weapon deletes the birds and anything flying. Well anything besides those fucking dragon flies, they literally move around faster than lightning can hit them.

Doesn't HP scaling actually IMPROVE after 20 too?

How is the encounter with the dragon actually supposed to go?
When you first meet him on that broken floating platform, I just didn't jump down to him and instead spammed rock fling until he left, then when he's throwing lightning at you on the path to him, he died in like 2 hits

All those fucking lizards make that area bad, it it wasn't for those it would be much better.

I just watched a man get beat to death by some shirtless Tarnished using fists in Fia's Champions

That's literally what I just said

The banished knights there are such huge cunts.

I mean thunderbolt weapon art/ash of war. To me it kind of makes up for how shitting some of the lightning bolt spells are.

They're different dragons. The first one just probably got tired of your bullshit, I've never seen him fly away. Both drop an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.

>I've never seen him fly away
Might have been the same disappearing act a lot of dragons do at low health, I can't recall

Not a single unique enemy except Malenia herself
Copy pasted mobs from Limgrave with juiced parameters and nothing else, jumbled together in samey rooms
Placement looks like the unpaid intern did it 2 days before launch, the whole area feels really unfinished

The respawning one that drops 3x Gravel Stone randomly fucks off for some reason. I have no idea what triggers it since it has fucked off from me meleeing it while most of the time it just takes it and dies

Only thing that sucks about Farum Azula is this fucker and Maliketh Phase 1

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-15 002137.jpg (567x544, 62K)

Yes, 10-20 nothing, 20-40 improves, then 50-60.

I've got like the 36 vig and I don't get 1 shot unless it's a boss special attack.

I was lost in here for like 2 hours because I did not realize that the path to progress required jumping over the railing near the Crucible Knight. It just never occurred to me that I had to leap over the railing and drop down the roofs. Felt like a fucking idiot when I finally got it. I was looking all over for secret tunnels or some shit.

You got to FA and are still scared of a shitty tree sentinel?

>Maliketh phase 1
What's so bad about it? It's a cakewalk compared to Phase 2 since you can just bait out out his overhead and get a free charged R2

>scared
Don't put fucking words in my mouth. I said he was just shit to fight not "scary".

makes it easier for people like OP that bitch about the game being too hard

I feel like I'm the only one who liked fighting these guys. Their phase 2 lightning slams are a little harsh but other than that everything's well-telegraphed with plenty of openings.

>all that bluster
It's okay user, I know you just barely scraped by him but no need to get angry

And yet it's more fun than the castles in caelid or weeping peninsula

Crumbling Farum Azula is AMAZING.
Miquella's Haligtree is AMAZING.
You false flagging zoomers need to comprehend that Elden Shit Ring is garbage because of the open world and spirit ashe summons, not because of the legacy content or difficulty.
Allso, all Elden Shit Ring areas have sites of grace out of the ass all over the place, you clearly never played Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1.

Attached: FromSoftware Teams.png (2130x2076, 774.98K)

>phase 1
That's the only good phase.

In Haligtree, gravity is the real enemy.

>Beastmen in the Haligtree
Aren't they misbegotten?

>run past it
>it hits you through the fog gate since every attack have an AoE around it
>sometimes the FIRE BREATHING HORSE can clip through the gate and spit fireballs at you
>has a stupidly high amount of health making it a hassle to deal with
Cool enemy

Visually it's kino. But the shittiness of the enemies in the area generally make it an obnoxious slog after dealing with the (substantially shittier and more annoying) Mountaintops of the Giants, and you sort of lose your urge to keep playing with the fakeout ending; it ceases to be interesting and becomes a chore. The fact that it has some of the worst bossfights in the game located in a single dungeon also makes it less than stellar. It's much more enjoyable when your overleveled as fuck on NG+ but even then the non-placidusax dragons and malekith fucking suck

ez

Your right about open world but spirirt ashes?
Still?
Get over it loser just dont use them it doesnt matter if someone else does it shouldn’t hamper your fun

There are two cancerous poise monsters right before GS duo. How could you possibly defend those assholes

>right before
Do you not know about the grace off to the side, user?

>tfw found that grace after cheesing the boss
would've been helpful for runbacks

Even if you use the other grace, you just run past two dudes and it takes like 5 seconds

sekiro was shit

I almost cried finding this after I beat them. Can't believe I didn't find it because I explore every inch of everywhere.