Just Finished Sl1 Run

Did about 98% of the content in the game, never fucking hated playing a video game so much. After Leyndell everything one shot me unlesss I had 2 defense talismans.

Worst Bosses, in order:
> Valiant Gargoyles
> Death Rite Bird
> Malenia
> Radagon / Elden Beast (Elden stars are undodgeable without BHS)
> Beast Clergyman (Maliketh 1st phase only)
> Magma Wyrms

Never touching this game again unless DLC comes out or theres a shit ton of patches to fix the broken multiplayer. Don't do a SL1 run, its not worth it.

Attached: eldenbeastsl1.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9I3VcFvuZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah I did sl1 godrick and rennala. Haven't played in a long time though, using soreseal and uchigatana.

you brought this on yourself

>After Leyndell everything one shot me

Attached: no vigor.png (680x962, 1004.09K)

You fucking retards deserve what you get

>

>upgraded weapons
You...

>play with no vigor
>"why does everything one shot me?"
i also did an sl1 run and i think you're a fag. a fucking fruit. a homosexual cake boy. a la-la homo man.

yo dis nigga got like 10 vigor LMAO!!!!

In other ds games, there aren't anywhere near as many unreactable moves that one shot you. Beast Clergyman's double swipe attack has less than a 1/4 second windup and is a 2 hit true combo, which one shots you at sl1 no matter the build.
Radagon's light dagger attack, where he throws out 3 daggers also has a similarly quick windup, and can cancel the windup if its part of a combo.
Elden stars is unavoidable unless you use BHS.
This was never a thing in other souls games.

>WOOOOOOWWWW THE LAST BOSSES ONE SHOT ME AT LVL 1?!!!!

>Missing the point this badly
There are a number of attacks that are unreactable or are guaranteed damage in this game. This was never a thing in other games, you could avoid everything as long as you were good enough.
Go look up DS3 Nameless king fight, then compare it to godfrey or maliketh.

I’ve done SL1s for all the other games, but the thought of Radagon and Elden Beast make me feel queasy.

What weapon and loadout did you end up using?

Godfrey is a completely fair fight though

>godfrey and malekith
>guaranteed damage
kek you're cute

NIHIL

I'll agree that at least radagon and elden beast was not a fun fight full of bullshit.

Yep, that's the boss I expected him to bring up
But not godfrey and malekith lmao

Can you really say you beat this challenge without non-upgraded weapons? I mean, yeah it's impressive, but not quite the top, do ye get me?

>98% of the content
You didn't beat the game, now go do 100%.

You’re sounding very gay right now, brother

Yes but despite having a bigger weapon than the nameless king, he attacks almost twice as fast and has longer combos, and less opportunities to get a hit in.

I used freeze spiked fists for Radagon, anything with freeze and strike damage works. I would just recommend cheesing the radagon fight honestly, most of the attacks are easy to dodge but it feels really infuriating when the fight is all about RNG and whether you get lucky with the quick dagger attacks or his teleports. Elden beast is any weapon with physical damage.

>Elden stars are undodgeable without BHS
Use the physick that turns non-physical damage into health. Of course, you're still in trouble if he uses the attack again. I really do hate that attack.

>this thread

Attached: E89276DC-299E-4E37-A269-2239D72E4017.jpg (629x1200, 185.72K)

>i also did an sl1 run
Can you prove it?

are u retarded

>flasking during a sl1 run
>using anything but a club
>any armor at all
>using defensive talismans
You didn’t beat the challenge

club is OP as shit, git gud

except you came into this thread, the thread didn't come to you, fucking idiot.

>Just finished a run where i heavily gimped myself

What a surprise, not scaling with the game is a bad time, who would have thought?

>never fucking hated playing a video game so much.
Then whyd you do it?

Hahaha, no.

Attached: Dodging Close Waterfowl Dance (Elden Ring).webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

It’s the classic sl1 challenge weapon zoomer fucking neck yourself lmao what are you 12?

Waterfowl isnt a problem, that one is counterable. The problem is that you have to focus the fight around it.
Her worst attack is her kick, it has infinite hyperarmor unlike her other attacks and she can true combo it into a quick slash which will kill you no matter what at sl1.

Attached: antispergaktion.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

nice job op, glad to see you finished it
if you're not above abusing overpowered game mechanics, radagon and elden beast can be completely buttfucked by a level 1 character.
youtube.com/watch?v=u9I3VcFvuZg
yes, this is reliable, because the triggers for radagon's supermove and elden stars are both based on a health threshold.
level 1 characters can easily phase skip mogh by dumping damage for a hitless run

This webm shows the boss gameplay perfectly.

You dodge, dodge, doge, then jump attack to get one hit in then repeat the process.

>Using weapons

This isnt really the experience Kojima Miyamoto intended. The guys in the suits forces Fromsoft to add weapons and armor for the scrubs. The game is actually intended, in its purest form, to be played naked and with fists only. Man against nature.

I did it in every other souls game and enjoyed it.
Gael and Friede were infuriating, but they didn't feel anywhere near as unfair as some elden ring bosses.

Nice job, user. Everyone else is just mad because they're not capable of beating the game at level 1.

Attached: 1641305684602.jpg (600x655, 69.78K)

stupid fucking retard kill yourself you waste of oxygen

Might as well. Unless you go the extremes is it really worth bragging? What use is being the best of the shitters? Be the best of the best.

Holy shit you guys might be retards but you're funny retards

you didnt beat the game

>didn't use both Soreseals and Daedicar's Woe
sorry but you just didn't beat it

Death rite bird is destroying me.
>SL100+
>40+ vig
>fat guy armor
>heavy great stars +20
>holy grease
>4 talismans
I'm getting 1-2 shotted and I'm lucky if I can get him down halfway.

Attached: 18011c2706610-e914CE85C882CDB1E88.7C56F3B895456165_message_422288728784523_1649565346814.jpg (1920x1080, 514.11K)

>SL1 run on the fastest and most difficult souls game to date
You didn't need to tell me not to, my common sense was already aware

You still didn't beat the game if you healed and rested at graces.

beast clergyman is very easy if you simply play it slow and bait the two attacks that you can safely punish. radagon is fair. elden stars is trash and that's the only point i will grant you

damn, that dude had it easier than my normal playthrough. it's not even a challenge run at that point. he's dealing 3x the damage and staggering like a mofo

why are you complaining about the difficulty of a challenge run you deranged retard

>unreactable
>guaranteed damage
Literally get good. There are tons of videos of people doing bosses no-hit

The kick is hugely telegraphed.

>make the game as hard as possible for yourself
>"wow this game is so bad. it's way too hard"
only on Yea Forums

well that's why I mentioned abusing overpowered game mechanics. jump attacks can be boosted by two pieces of equipment for about +25% damage. bloodboil aromatic is +30% damage. powerstancing means all your body buffs apply to two weapons at once.
that's my video btw, it was a pain to get that done before I had it all choreographed

Attached: 1648835348603.jpg (1129x1200, 117.6K)

the elden ring fanbase, everyone

That's cool though that doing SL1 encourages you to look harder for advantages. I don't think I used any perfumer bottles in my playthrough
In the end my greatsword swings were doing way less damage than you and I was level 170 I think so that's impressive that you were able to stack your buffs that high

>heavy great stars +20
change these to holy or bleed immediately and forget the grease. what talismans are you using?

thanks, I was actually really happy that there were so many items to support the "glass cannon" playstyle outside of red tearstone ring in this game. it made going for a level 1 run more rewarding than I thought it would be

>why are you complaining about the difficulty of a challenge run you deranged retard
why do buffoons such as yourself question why people are discussing gaming topics on forums?

Attached: 1463447523885.gif (257x212, 2.91M)

why are you avoiding the question?

the talisman that boosts your defense at full hp, near the arena in leyndell, makes the late game much easier. you won't even get oneshotted until fire giant.

I watched your other vid where you blow out that Black Blade Kindred. damn, that was satisfying to watch

You're the one who said he kept going even while hating it

I am skeptical since that ring was useless in ds3

>Radagon's
Just rush to him without attacking, it freeze his AI.
Then you spam carian slicer.

Erdtree's favor
Great jars arsenal
Immunizing horn charm
Crimson amber medallion +1

Attached: 1802a5240bc72-e914CE85C882CDB1E88.7C56F3B895456165_message_422394224669663_1649977440115.jpg (1920x1080, 296.12K)

It was good for preventing one shots on an SL1 run.

strike damage goes a LONG way against the gargs, getting 35% extra damage compared to slash and thrust damage is like having another huge buff on top.

>This was never a thing in other souls games.
Because you dumb faggots keep treating it like it's dark souls.