Attached: noid.jpg (460x215, 43.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s1eJFHbxCaI
youtu.be/FLf7qutsgBU
youtube.com/watch?v=s1eJFHbxCaI
youtube.com/watch?v=FLf7qutsgBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont think

is it so hard to write down '?', filthy zoomer?

masterpiece in game design, gameplay and replayability. filters the peabrain and average gamer that lacks persistence.

The game is great, love playing it.
Fills both the itch i have for a game that i can pick up and drop if I only have a few minutes, or there's the god runs you can have which take 10's of hours.

Got a decent run going right now too.
Last wand is always cast circle of healing.

Attached: current run.jpg (2560x1440, 150.04K)

Better with Edit Wands Everywhere on.

It sucks

it rocks

Attached: Giga disk spray.webm (1280x720, 2.68M)

Very fun and allows you to get real creative with your wands, you just have to pray to god that you find some Power Up spell enhancers because holy fuck why are they so rare I hardly ever see them what the fuck

game has some bullshit collisions and it's design is flawed (you can't make a rogue like with objectives who take 20 hours to complete) but the wand crafting makes it so you don't want to play any other game. I'm waiting for someone to steal the concept and fix the flaws

You didn't beat it.

Attached: Always Cast Circle of Vigour.jpg (239x55, 8.78K)

super amazingly fun and innovative game, bad balance

so much potential but every run is the same "regular projectile wand" "digging/black hole wand" "fireball wand" and "random wand you found in the level that has 1 good spell on it"

Spell combining is extremely restrictive until way late into the game

endgame stuff is utterly autistic for no particular reason

One of the best indie games I've played.

It has a weird enjoyment curve, it's very interesting in the beginning because there's so much mystery and constantly new things, it starts to suck around middle when you kinda get the game but keep losing your runs to BS deaths, then becomes REALLY fun once you start to get long runs consistently, and then slowly starts petering out as you find more things and/or complete more quests but there isn't a very notable conclusion to any of it despite spending 10s or 100s of hours doing it.

I anger the gods literally every run.
How to stop?

Stop being such a cunt to the gods

As others have mentioned, it's a really good game. What I'll mention is that it's a rare game that is really unfair - for both sides. Sure, the enemies have some dumb shit they can throw at you, such as polymorphine, but at the same time, I feel bad for them, because you can eviscerate everything so easily if you have the skill and knowledge.
Very fun to game to master and even at 250 hours, I feel like I don't know shit.

Don't really feel like playing much after getting my amulet and crown.

Game just needs QoL mods like healing flasks and edit wands everywhere and it's good

show them who's making the rules here

Attached: sundown.webm (840x472, 2.99M)

Why are the Hiisi such DICKS?

But i rely on being able to edit wands every run and those sweet sweet trick kill skelenton gold nuggets.

great game.

I wish it would explain shit better like where to put projectile modifiers and stuff and what that green tablet thing does

How hard is doing a full orb run/making the suns and shit with a guide? Is player skill/rng still a huge factor? I'm at the point where I've beaten the game and have just been going around unlocking spells/achievement pillars by fighting stuff like the high alchemist, and while I think I know quite a bit about making wands and all that stuff, I still get totally fucked sometimes. I've never gone to any parallel worlds either.

Dunno if achievements unlock if you play on seeded worlds.

Pretty good but add mana + chainsaw is too good for how easy it is to get

youtu.be/s1eJFHbxCaI
youtu.be/FLf7qutsgBU

I only know about this game through these 2 videos.

Hiisi base is most easy lvl if you know what you doing, snowy depths are much more infuriating due to snipers and ukko, also shit wands.

One of the few games i could never get bored of.

The only thing that sucks is that the devs will not update the game anymore so were stuck with game that sorely needs to have some of its systems flesh out

The sun scares the fuck out of me. I've already experienced going into one deliberately to end a run and having to wait a while for it to eat through all the new lives so I know it can't end an endgame run that easily, but I can't help being spooked out by this gigantic thing that makes loud noises and starts sucking you in and doing damage as soon as it comes into view.

Attached: 1634848939274.jpg (480x480, 11.13K)

The first big point is getting a build strong enough to do parallel worlds.
Then you have to set up the perk breaking.

Once you're farming perks it's just a matter of not missing a step to setting up the conditions for the suns or finding all the orbs.

It's smart to make backup saves once you're deep into it because the game is really unstable at that point and WILL frequently crash sometimes catastrophically when you're teleporting around quickly.

Building 33 orb wands is pretty trivial once you're ready to do it.

Attached: noita run.png (1920x1080, 501.71K)

If you aren't Stainless'd up the ass the sun will instantly shred you. Those thing are scary powerful.

Is there a reliable way to go to parallel worlds? I've kind of been hoping on getting black holes with projectile speed to carve a path, and then teleport through it but I'm sure there's plenty of other ways. I know the immunity fluid helps a lot too, but I'm not sure if it's required. Dunno if the cursed rock kills you in seconds or there's some leeway to dig.

Parallel worlds change everything, your potential strength is only limited by your patience. And also your ability to avoid polymorph.

Are there no spells/perks that nullify self-damage from disc projectiles?

They're not that bad, I rarely ever stack up stainless, I mostly go for a ton of HP among other things. I've played with suns a ton and only ever died once from being slammed by a normal sun after it did a slingshot movement around a dark sun, people make them seem more scary than they actually are.

Attached: boss.webm (840x472, 2.93M)

>And also your ability to avoid polymorph.
This. I've lost all of my long runs to getting unexpectedly poly'd

Was in the running to be my favorite game of the past few years. Can't play it anymore because the last update to the engine causes single digit slowdown and crashes constantly. Feels bad man.

Anything that breaks cursed rock can be used. I've done it with luminous drills and the most ghetto way once was the Always Nuke tower wand, but that was so bad I needed the entire Ambrosia Flask to survive.

Usually once you're a couple parallels worth of perks you can just power through the cursed rock without needing to Ambrosia

It's a good game. I've played it so much that I don't enjoy it anymore, but I still want to play more

Was very disappointed, prior to release I expected it to be some kind of clever physics game where environmental interaction was the main object of the game, but instead it's a ballbusting roguelike with very minimal interactions.
Not saying it's a bad game since obviously a lot of people love it.

Attached: 3309468903.png (890x538, 472.29K)

one of my favorite games of all time
there's really nothing else like it, such a weird mashup of a physics toy and spellwriting system

Attached: noita-20220215-154911-2126306364-00056123.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Yeah I keep thinking "man I just got oneshot by some off screen bullshit" but how can I complain about it when I can do literally the same shit, plus I have literally the advantage of high ground

Chances the devs will give this a huge out-of-nowhere update like they did Baba Is You a few months ago? Or is the game totally done and they have no intention of returning to it?

There's still incomplete secrets that the devs have told people not to dig into since they aren't finished. That leaves the possibility for that, but it seems doubtful that there's a big secret patch being made.

and fucks

it's unlikely to happen anytime soon
I heard that they don't want to work on it individually, because the profits are shared and nobody wants to take on the responsibility of being the noita guy.
I'm sure something will be coming eventually, but it might be a while.

What incomplete secrets? Sounds cool.

Good premise and decent execution, sadly its potential diluted by adhesion to roguememe elements to appeal to easily impressionable chimpanzees that think 2 hours of content stretched into 400 is a badge of honor or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release some big update every now and then like that last one, even if it take as long as those terraria updates, I don't think it's the end of the game yet

the cauldron

It's one of the least roguelite games of the genre, runs can literally last for dozens of hours, stop smoking pot.

that actually makes it one of the most faithful Rogue-likes

the cauldron, also the eye codes

Possibly the greatest game ever made

Attached: 1642795102139.jpg (512x512, 51.91K)

It’s got some really annoying quirks but there’s nothing like it. I haven’t played it in a long while but I love how much it actively encourages you to play around with the engine just like the powder toys that inspired it to find all sorts of crazy secrets. It’s one of the most unique games out there and I wish it’d gotten more recognition than it did for being the only game to fully pull this off.

Some of the secret places are just too fucking tedious to reach and turn the game into a grind. I can either gimp myself or spend 15 minutes running through that god awful desert of nothing happening to pick up a heart container and gold.

Yeah, that's why I said rogue-lite, which the user was obviously referring too

It is a decent roguelike for the utter meaningless bullshit for stupid imbecilic idiots the genre is. Believe it or not it is a praise. They managed to make a roguelike that doesn't suck ass too much.

One heart contained makes so little difference, the only thing you're gimping is your enjoyment by going for it without at least a teleport wand.
The only early heart worth getting is the one on top of the entrance, and the one in the dark if you get some worm blood either from the tree outside of from some worm further down, but after that you should just keep going down until you can go back up and outside with a full arsenal of movement related wands

There are like 3 I know how to get in the very first level. 75 health is huge during that time.

Extra health is useless for the first 2 levels.

great game but after autistically finishing my 33 orb run i only ever occasionally play 1 run

youtube.com/watch?v=s1eJFHbxCaI
youtube.com/watch?v=FLf7qutsgBU

fun to have the game break you and then you break the game

Attached: 20220128142545_1.jpg (1920x1080, 256.16K)

Attached: 1641509420504.png (640x799, 612.09K)