Untitled

Attached: 1647281108670.jpg (640x512, 72.97K)

How do you replace a part on a watercooled rig without it spilling everywhere? Speaking as someone who doesn't have one.

Nigga that's an alchemy lab

with a straw

You drain it and use a lot of paper towels

you have to replace the entire rig

just dump that shit out and clean it later it's just water ffs

Attached: watercooling.webm (960x544, 2.7M)

niggas computer straight outta Undercity

This is why you don't go cheap on watercooling of all fucking things.

the reason water is bad for electronics is because it causes a short-circuit, the current goes somewhere its not supposed to go. you can literally throw your motherboard in a tub of water and it still works perfectly fine as long as you dry it thoroughly before plugging it in. so at the very least its not a problem if you dont mind waiting afterwards

Attached: 1645696791755.jpg (512x512, 84.9K)

You remove the entire unit from the case, drain it, replace the pump/tube/whatever, then refill it and reinstall it. Water cooling systems are not very complex honestly, it's just a heat block, pump and radiator connected by some tubes.

don't try to do this custom shit, just get a quality closed system.

>This is why you don't go watercooling

Which Nickelodeon gameshow was this?

we get it, you're a brainlet who can't install water-cooling on their rig

>Computer is completely fine
Must be mineral water or something else.

You have to make sure that you buy components that are submergable. Also you'll need to be careful not to spill your computer.

Water isn't even that conductive, especially pure distilled water. The risk of water cooling systems breaking your motherboard or whatever during a leak is fairly low.

why they call it "rig"

Based.

Sounds like cope. There's a reason why people don't use watercooling machine guns anymore.

kind of a gamble there but water cooling isnt supposed to leak during use anyway so you shouldnt worry about it

Because water is fucking heavy and recycling the steam is a huge pain in the ass?

who put this shit together, Herbert Fucking West?

Attached: reainmator.png (540x304, 265.89K)

I'm just saying even the worst case scenario probably won't do any damage, it's mostly just fear mongering and lack of knowledge.

you have to be so fucking retarded to use water cooling on your pc. 260W TDP air coolers now cost like $60 and they perform even better than 360mm AIO's. Never have to worry about leaks, evaporation, buildup. Just a simple aluminum dual-tower brick that can literally last forever.

Is there even a point to water cooling anymore?
I feel like we're well past the era where there were absurd untapped reservoirs of potential in every piece of silicon, when CPUs could be overclocked by 50% or a simple BIOS flash could turn a $150 GPU into a $400 one (which was the most expensive possible one)

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x640, 62.53K)

i used to work at pc/laptop repair and maybe roughly 40% of all devices brought in due to liquid damage had to have their boards replaced because we didnt do board repair. though to be fair it was like never water but beer or wine or something like that, but i dont think it makes a big difference vs regular tap water especially since i see these cooling waters are usually coloured and that has to increase conductivity too. getting liquid on an active board is pretty bad but i have no idea how often these things break or anything like that

but they look cool

how do you spill wine on your motherboard?

Am I stupid or is that mobo upsidedown? RAM on the bottom and GPUs on the top.

theyre like always laptops from some wine aunts

oh derp i'm such a neckbeard i never even considered laptops
if they're anything like smartphones i guess the average lifespan of one is 6 months or less

its just for the aesthetics at this point.

i bet my left testicle his name is kyle.

regular laptops are pretty easy for the most part, mind i didnt work with macs there was some applefag who did all mac repair

It's fun. If you got money to burn it's basically the same thing as painting miniatures. There was a period of my life where I was just buying and building because I enjoyed it. Didn't even really use them, mostly just gave them to my friends on the cheap-cheap.

motherboard is facing him

Accidental self own lmao

>the reason water is bad for electronics is because it causes a short-circuit, the current goes somewhere its not supposed to go. you can literally throw your motherboard in a tub of water and it still works perfectly fine as long as you dry it thoroughly before plugging it in. so at the very least its not a problem if you dont mind waiting afterwards
Have we invented a non-conductive liquid yet? I guess that would be more useful than water for it

yeah, and what's the problem? you poor lol? upgrade my rig once a year bitch!

Mineral oil
Rigs cooled with that are just fucking aquariums where the board is dunked in it

Attached: 1849772904_4cf31ec217_b.jpg (1024x768, 137.8K)

i mean for water-cooling purposes i dont think there is a better liquid than water due to its ability to retain and transfer heat, but there are some less conductive liquids out there. totally didnt look up this name but something called novec 7100 is used for fires in server rooms and such because of its low conductivity and fast evaporation

Onee-chan... I'm... I'm gonna...

This

Attached: f7d748b374af9f27bd6f3125a85affdf.jpg (729x547, 64.45K)

You didn't cool your system

That shit looks like it would suck if you want to replace anything.

Is it worth getting a micro ATX case for my micro ATX motherboard?
I have a full ATX case but my entire board is crammed into the corner. It's a fucking behemoth to transport but I've been telling myself the extra airflow is good.

Does it really make a difference?

I'd love to see an aquarium build with fish playing around your gpu and shit

user I want you to think about what you just said

Sure user, toss a fish in that tank of mineral oil. Let's see what happens.

Is that rig powered by Nickelodeon slime?

Attached: halle-berry-gets-slimed.jpg (1327x2000, 899.54K)

id get full case just because its future proof, unless you have to fit your pc in a smaller case or transfer it *really* easily then id never recommend a mATX case

>wah wah wah I can't afford video games
Nigger my rig is from 2016, cost me around $1100 hardware-wise and runs modern games fine. You are literally just a black gorilla nigger with no money living with mommy and daddy. You could literally build a PC that can play anything for $1500, and the only reason it isn't still $1100 is because of GPUs. You don't have $1500 nigger? Then fuck off you poor piece of shit and get a fucking job.

Attached: 1625201595877.jpg (482x856, 46.4K)

water cooling is a meme
the benefits you get versus the potential risk (despite being extremely low) are not even that much better than just getting a normal fucking quality cooler

I would only bother if I had to carry it around frequently.

I mean I've had my pc for 5 years and have never felt the need to have a full ATX motherboard.
What do they really add compared to a micro?

Just have two compartments in the same tank

I can't imagine not being anxious about having gallons of 80 degree oil next to you

Attached: TMNT2.jpg (980x653, 98.05K)

attack it's weak point for massive damage

micro just has less features, mostly limits on the physical I/O slots and overclocking

Calm down mr.moneybagz

>non-conductive
Purified water?

What would happen
And what if we create fish able to survive in mineral oil, just change their dna and boom

Attached: AORUS-Aquarium-PC-mod-02.jpg (1000x750, 277.94K)

did watercooling fags not learn that electricity and water don't mix?

Attached: 1619258589419.png (271x272, 63.29K)

$1000 is like a week's worth of pay for a working class adult who isn't completely useless. You can't save a week's worth of pay to invest in your hobby you just care so much about? Or are you a broke ass baby bitch living with your fucking mommy? Nigger get a fucking job.

Attached: 1630711602479.jpg (585x511, 50.79K)