How the FUCK isn't there an Avatar : The Last Airbender open-world game yet where I can create my own bender and bend...

How the FUCK isn't there an Avatar : The Last Airbender open-world game yet where I can create my own bender and bend the fuck out of the environment and interract with the characters of the anime when they're grown ups?

Attached: avatar.jpg (1920x1481, 627.45K)

Would make for an amazing breath of the wild clone, Nickelodeon is just stupid as fuck.

I want to bend Katara over and slap her stupid ass so much

This show is over 15 years old and wasn't even that good, just let it rest in peace

The show was excellent.

This but sokka

Na, it's shit, I gotta say so because now R*ddit enjoys it.

>was
I watched it as an adult last summer/fall and it's garbage.

I don't know bro, you may have shit tastes.

Doesn't justify over a decade of obsession

It does though.

Attached: tumblr_003d159a3339f9ceacc2d1bd8d4d2b1f_cd9eedd3_2048.jpg (2048x1264, 835.84K)

Because open world games are an extremely expensive concept and no one gives a shit about fucking Avatar in 2022

Attached: 1415327620461.jpg (720x602, 40.12K)

Because you're 30something now.
The show was mediocre as fuck and so were the comics, take off your rose tinted goggles.
The movie was somehow worse, and Korra was a complete waste of time.

You're a sad man. There is no life in your eyes.

>Avatar: The Last Airbender bad because... it just is okay! Reddit likes it!

because it would be boring as fuck. undercooked, shallow, and formulaic.
you know this will be true. screencap this post for when it happens.

And you're a manchild who can't let go of an old pseudoanime because you watched it in nickelodeon

>Would make for an amazing breath of the wild clone

Which universes need the Elden Ring / BOTW treatment?

Attached: R.png (1277x719, 1.9M)

I watched Avatar one year ago though.

Total War Avatar would be pretty cool honestly

Watch the book of fire, it still holds up. It's the only one I used to rewatch.

> comics
> movies
> korra
already universally shitted on

Korra ruined the entire franchise

Korra only ruined everything because Nick was afraid to give the writers a multiple season contract. Fight me.

because shit worldbuilding and the sequel ruined everything

>muh open world
I hope you die chocking on a big fat cock like your mother did

It's mean and rude to say that!

The fags in charge made sure the franchise would fail.

no it was fairly shit since the beginning
>insufferable main character
>everything HAS to revolve around said character
>villains can't have a motivation outside of getting rid of the main character
also the fact that they went from a borderline fantasy setting to a modern day setting

>NOOOOOO why isn't my villain secretly a good guy with a tragic backstory and overcomplex motives?????

Season 1 was perfectly fine. The anti-bending movement made sense. Focusing on Korra made sense as by focusing on her they allowed her insufferable and selfish nature highlight the plights of other characters and create empathy for characters and groups like the air acolytes and anti-benders. Amon's target of the Avatar makes sense based on the thought process of cutting off the head of the snake. The following seasons all sucked ass because the writers had no promise of a future. So every season was stand alone as fuck.

>s1 main villain started with a non bender vs bender motivation
>devolved into getting rid of korra once she got involved
>s2 main villain was literally korra
>s3 main villain wanted to kill korra because she is a danger
>s4 was about the unification of the earth kingdom until korra got involved

The writers came up with the stupidest shit like the giant mechs, spirit shit leaking into the real world destroying the mysticism, the red lotus goal and that forehead eye bitch, and ultimately killing off Aang and the rest of the past avatars.
The few good points they did was the non-bender insurrection, Zaheer's bending,although his flying was stupid, and the return of air bending.

>32 posts
>no >ANIME
kys retard

definitely true but I honestly think TLAB was a product of it's time. Right when writers could just go with the story and not worry about anything else. Once everything started leaning to everything having a message or political statement it just kinda became doomed. I'd submit their desire to retcon shit about TLAB that they would never have claimed during its airing as proof of this.

Still liked korra, all 4 seasons, but it could have been a lot more imo

It's a minor point all things considered, but I think one of the things that really killed Korra was the general lack of major same-age antagonists. The show really could have used a Zuko or Azula. Instead all we got were a bunch of people old enough to be her parents delivering half baked political and social philosophies.

With a very few changes, season 3 could have been absolutely kino, like a bit more interactions between the members of Zaheer crew, and a better motivation for Zaheer than muh anarchy (maybe just use anarchy as a mean to an end in order to allow great figures and heroes to ascend from the temporary chaos? I don't ask for something complicated, just not as childish as "government bad"). Season 1 also lacked 1 additional episode focused on non-benders being fucked by benders in their daily life because we've seen almost nothing of that and Amon's cause doesn't appear as justified at it should.

Genshin Impact is really close to this, if you can deal with the gacha system that is

Wasn't much character growth either. Really look at all the main characters, who changes by the end of it? basically no one outside korra going from tough guy to cripple back to tough guy.

You look at the last air bender and every character basically has an arc and growth. IT makes for amazing story telling instead of just conflict > resolution > conflict > resolution

Fire Lord Ozin was bat shit insane and cartoonishly evil, what the fuck are you on about?

>roll waterbender
>dps goes down the drain when in land-locked zones unless you spec in plant-draining
They really need to balance this shit

>if you can deal with the gacha system that is

I can't, unfortunately. It is true that Genshin Impact kinda gives Avatar open world vibes.

>Comfy exploring the world and whooping ass with bending powers
>Returning to the earth kingdom to slam my wife Toph
Would be kino

That's the point. Something a cartoon, mistache-twirling villain that only serves as a motive for the MC to train, have a great journey and meet people around the world is just what a story needs. Tragic backstory villain are overdone, fuck that.

Gimme some pirate-lady waterbending avatar.

Attached: tumblr_72f1521a05d887323b8a42f43806b19a_3799bd41_2048.jpg (2048x1264, 1.08M)

>main reason why the movie was shit was because the original writers weren't involved
>original writers team up with netflix to do live action Avatar the right way
>fans rejoice
>original writers leave netflix over "creative differences" (namely, aging up the main characters so they could have more romance)
>fans are in Aanguish once again

No it still holds up
watched it over the weekend

I think you misunderstood. The original complaint is that all of the main villain's motives basically boil down to "get the Avatar!"

Which is a solid complaint. I'm not them, but at least Ozai and Amon were fear-inducing. Ozai pulled a Godzilla (2014) and Amon straight up stole fuckers souls. Everyone after Amon were shit villains.

based, just leave that shit alone
not everything needs a continuation or a remake

Zaheer was pretty based, but he was tied to the red lotus which was fundamentally shit.
Kuvira on the other hand was just fucking dog shit.

Of course it doesn't need it, but if Netflix wasn't retarded, the series probably could have been pretty good. But now they're making the exact same type of fucking mistake Shyamalan did.

Netflix doesn't care about good or bad. They just want to push the agenda.

what agenda

Their agenda. You know. Them.

So nobody.

(((Them)))

>interact with the characters of the anime when they're grown ups
The problem is that Air would be the most fun one to play and they're all dead at that point in time.

Just bullshit your player character getting airbending from spirits and losing it or going into hiding at the end. It doesn't have to be canon.

>DUUDE MULTICULTURALISM LMAO
>IMPERIALISM BAD LOOL

Libshit

Imperialism is bad because it relies on subjugating other nations for personal benefit, like the fire nation.
Nationalism isnt inherently bad, it's about embracing your own identity but not outright pushing it onto others, look at the northern water tribe.
>multiculturalism
Doesn't really apply in the world of avatar since the barrier between nations is so paper thin to begin with.
Aang and gang could infiltrate the fire nation easily, everyone looks and sounds the same, and their cultural traits are gimmicks at best.
The racial conflicts are so shallow in nature that they'd get a heart attack if they met actual menaces like muslims or niggers.

LOK and the Big budget movie killed the franchise