He skipped the best boss fight in metal gear history

>he skipped the best boss fight in metal gear history

Attached: the-end.jpg (1333x767, 93.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uBdOiFCpS1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>modifying the console timer is now the "standard" way to beat the boss
More players probably cheesed him than actually fought him due to relentless non-stop memeing of this boss. Kind of annoying desu

Being able to kill him early is part of why he's the greatest boss of all time.

its a boring fucking fight

>Isn't excited over a life or death stealth only

Attached: metal_gear_peace_walker_snake_eater_0828_09.jpg (1400x1400, 125.29K)

Stealth games aren't for you

can you get big boss rank fighting him legit?

/lick

No, but i did use the Konami code and cigspray to finish that unbearable shit as quickly as possible

>he skipped the double dash

beating him legit by sneaking up on him and holding him up at gunpoint was so fucking satisfying

Ive never skipped him nor been tempted to even knowing about the skip before playing the game. To me it would essentially be like choosing to skip a Vergil encounter in a DMC game, like why would you want to skip one of the best parts of the game?

Absolutely. Why would you not be able to?

Ive beaten mgs3 like 6 times now and I've never skipped this boss fight.

I'm starting to really think I should play mgs3

Only played it once and didn't even know there was a skip until years later.

Based, it is satisfying as fuck I agree. Listening to him mutter in disbelief that you got the drop on him is so good.

This.

The Rex vs ray fight in mgs4 was better

unironically one of the top 5 video games ever, you're doing yourself a disservice not playing it

Attached: 1528154557996.png (1089x776, 1.26M)

>Zoomers can't just snipe The End during the warehouse when he's first introduced to skip the fight
>Has to modify console clock

>Hideo Kojima originally wanted the boss fight to last one to two weeks but was told that this was impossible and not recommended

bros we were robbed

>First time kill him prior to Fese and get the Ocelot unit fight.
>Second playthrough save at the start of the fight and left for a week vacation
>He's dead of old age.
It's a really neat alternate way to deal with him but I was bummed it was going to take a 3rd playthrough to face him.

Fuck, meant for

okay but for real how would that even work?

Two things:

1) back in those days you did it because it was a gamer rumours. not because you actually wanted to skip a fight. Just hearing about that it's possible to snipe him was enough to make people check it out
2) best fight? Bitch you cookin'? That was the most one dimensional and tedious fight they ever did. Literally just walking around with the heat sight until you're behind him.
It doesn't even qualify as a boss, but as a "did you read the manual" check.

I refuse to believe anyone actually found that satisfying. Unless you died a million times first. But I'm no a shitter so I wouldn't know.

lukewarm iq

Just play the series in my opinion they are the perfect stealth games here's how you play them
Listen to the 2-disc David Bowie legacy album> MGS1>MGS2>MGS3>Peacewalker>MGS4>Ground Zeros>Phantom Pain

Attached: 0_Ikou518ZowDjhazE3ablYioiRO1Enw6o0eiIDp5EY.jpg (1126x1580, 359.7K)

you're a retard. whole game is fine as a stealth game until that point.

I skipped MGS3 because it's not canon and just shitty fanfic wank by Kojim

>will never get the sniper that makes you sleepy

>astronaut is an astronaut!
no shit

I bought mgs collection last summer byt my ps3 died after playing mgs1
I'm thinking of getting a new one but they go for around 80€ and their already used so I don't know how long it'll last before it dies

MGS is one of the best games series of all time.
You should play in release order. If you don't think you'll like the series, I think it's fine to start with 3 and see how you like it. 3 is a good starting point; 1 is better. The rest.. not so much.
At the very least, DO NOT start with MGS 2. You have to play MGS1 beforehand. The game is purposefully obtuse by design, and several things will soar right over your head.

>counter snipe him with the silenced xm16e1
or
>sneak up behind him and shoot him with your m1911a1

Attached: 1646538522040.jpg (480x750, 81.45K)

just emulate, 2 and 3 run fine in PCSX2 with the only issue being some slowdown during super intensive segments like the on-rails segment near the end of 3
i've heard RPCS3 runs them better than PCSX2 now

Attached: 32.jpg (1920x1050, 297.66K)

I think I read somewhere that he'd either just fuck off/be unkillable after a certain level of damage per day, or he'd track you down across the map while you went through the rest of the story.

I cheesed him by using Flecktarn to give me infinite IR goggles battery life.
I have no honor.

Snipe withe mk22

only speedrun autists skip content.

>or he'd track you down across the map while you went through the rest of the story.
holy fuck i would become cum

>Sniped the End before the fight
>next playthrough set my PS2's clock forward
>sniped the Boss both times
Don't care

that boss fight was FUCKING DOG SHIT

I tried a bunch of fucking shit but the faggot always runs when you get close to him so I fucking had to run up as fast as I could and shotgun wildly in his fucking direction and then hunt his breathing ass down and shotgun again like 5 times before the bastard finally keeled over

a huge fucking forest area with some old faggot needle in a treestack that flees like a fucking squirrel when you get close

I hate mgs3. why does anyone like mgs3.

holy
fucking
shit
what
a
garbage
fight

based but cringe

>he didn't set up mines and traps by memorizing each location he could go to beforehand
ngmi

I'd kill for a MGS3 remake that's an open world where the Cobras and Ocelot actively hunt the player.

>I fucking had to run up as fast as I could and shotgun wildly in his fucking direction and then hunt his breathing ass down and shotgun again like 5 times
low quality bait

if not then you are a retard and probably should just kill yourself.
honestly, i feel like you of all people in this thread dont understand the will of the boss the most. fucking zero ass bitch.

>I skipped MGS4 because it's not canon and just shitty fanfic wank by Kojim
ftfy

I skipped MGS2 because it's not canon and just shitty fanfic wank by Kojim
actually ftfy

I didn't skip Ghost Babel because even if it's not canon it's based fanfic ludo written by Fukushima

you dropped this, king

Attached: 1560861625196.jpg (884x1200, 156.36K)

I played every single game so that I could play mgs5 and I wish I had stopped at 1

1 was lighting in a bottle Kino that none of the other games come even close to. None of the other bosses are as interesting as mgs1 bosses.

fucking "I am the pain, I am covered in bugs, I will attack you with bu- oof you just shotgunned my chest and I will never be seen again and had no relevance on anything more than being a dude covered in bugs"

Fatman in 2 was alright but damn did every other game suck balls

bros...
why the fuck is this shit right here so bad, so fucking pointless.
literally has zero story, and the gameplay is great but serves no purpose.
this was such a big disappointment

i will go down fighting to argue that you can make the case that 1-4 are all 10/10 games
but everything else is horseshit. ground zeroes is a little shining gem in the rough but what the fuck is up with tpp?

>no actual boss fights
>no story
>the final reveal is basically revealed in the first cutscene
>boss has like one page of dialogue in the whole game
so fucking sad it hurts and i dont get it
what actually triggers me most of all is there isnt even a bowie song in the soundtrack, and the man who sold the world is a fucking cover. goes to show you, bitches are all gay and real motherfuckers sneak in a finely crafted linear game

Attached: apps.24111.65806558541457305.a0ff0982-eced-4bfd-bb78-5ba7a73376c4.8173048f-456f-4928-bfcc-268f5002a41c.jpg (150x225, 9.98K)

Attached: watch-yo-tone-mf-bowling.gif (498x373, 251.82K)

mgs2 is actually solidus' irl fanfic of the first game

it is also the best game in the series

Attached: 204C2AEB0DA28804572ABE4F48F536F9BB61F8D1.jpg (512x512, 45.83K)

i agree with the rest of your post but the midge ure cover was chosen specifically because of the venom snake thing

You seem like a retard to me, but I do respect your opinion.

I have a hard time imagining any modern person playing MGS3 for their first time utilizing this knowledge unless they were a streamer, heard about it here or literally Googled tips and hints like it's 2009. But honestly, this guy has so many different unique mechanics tied to him both in and out of the encounter that it's completely worth the kick back that his fight gives the game's progression. Hell he's a sniper, it should take the longest. And if you're intuitive enough, you can pop his wrinkly dome early without fucking around with the clock anyway. You can really tell they enjoyed building up a convincing sniper duel scenario.

i can respect that, but still add another track, diamond dogs is a great album.

and the kicker, i suppose, is that who cares?
like in older titles you could genuinely go deep into the lore of the game and creation and think about shit like that.
but in this game that isnt really front an center, so maybe its just your headcanon that the cover is used to show its not the real boss. but its not part of the actual game aside from the one line in the hospital scene where big boss tells venom "youre looking at yourself" or whatever he says when venom goes "who are you"
if it were interlaced deeper within the game you could make the argument that the song was chosen to undermine that point. but as is, you could also just come to the conclusion that they had to take that version because of licensing or whatever.

you know what i mean?
in the other games things were so finely crafted that you knew they were placed there for a reason.

Yes, I also skipped 4. So basically anything after 2 and Ghost Babel was skipped. I did okay Ground Zeroes for like 2 hours tho.

Crinch.

Did you only play it once? Do you have any skill in breaking down narratives and looking for subtext in movies or novels? The story is a bit obtuse and can leave a midwit grasping.

Just posting best metal gear girl

Attached: Strangelove.jpg (1280x1280, 132.4K)

That OST jives hard, can't lie tho

youtube.com/watch?v=uBdOiFCpS1Y

TPP was the last game I will ever be hyped for.
I don't hate it. In fact, I've put more time in it than any other MGS game. But it should have been one of the best games of all time.
There isn't even a proper explanation for why the game is dogshit. Kojidrones will blame Konami, but the story would've been shit even if the game was complete.
Literally every fan theory for the plot was better than what we got.

I think Kojima should've just ended the game at Skullface's death followed by the reveal as a secret cutscene or something. Then, release MGSV Part 3 where you play as Big Boss building up Outer Heaven/Zanzibar Land. You can use that to elaborate on how Big Boss forsook his ideals and became an authoritarian warlord. Then, conclude Part 3 with some sort of confrontation with Venom and a setup for Metal Gear.

>what actually triggers me most of all is there isnt even a bowie song in the soundtrack, and the man who sold the world is a fucking cover.
I thought that was great honestly. But there should have been a Diamond Dogs cover, and the actual Bowie track should've played in the cutscene where Big Boss is escaping on the motorcycle.

explain it then, genius.

i have no issue understanding deeper meanings, but they actually have to be there and put in place by the person who creates it.
when i say there is no story, what i mean is there is no fucking story. thats the deeper meaning.

>wake up in hospital, you clearly are saved by real big boss because he says "youre looking at yourself"
>man on fire attacks, you escape with ocelot
>giant whale of fire flies over the sky as the ONE AND ONLY visual metaphor in the game with actual poignancy, but isnt referenced or brought up again, also is the implication that volgin is snakes white whale? because he actually isnt canonically
>then you save kaz, and start building mother base
>a lot of missions regarding nothing of consequence, you build motherbase
>next story beat is rescuing quiet
>you recruit her and she is now part of your team, okay
>next story beat is saving emmerich
>you escape with him from a base that has a sahelanthropus, it is the original bipedal metal gear, but you still kill it very easily with a helicopter minigun (remember this)
>a lot of nothing in between, now we are in africa, doing nothing of consequence again, the closest thing to story relevance is that these private militaries in africa have some kind of shadow leadership by skull face
>next story beat is meeting eli, you extract him and he is now on mother base. nothing is revealed
>similarly you extract code talker, he is now on mother base, nothing is revealed
>code talker is just your stand in bullshit story talker that has no actual deeper meaning he just waxes and wanes about vocal cord parasites and wont shut the fuck up and isnt actually tied to snake in any meaningful way
>next story beat is eli is a dick for no reason
>next story beat is you confront skull face
>drive in a jeep with him and he talks about his plans of the parasites
>skull face is killed by sahelanthropus and emmerich of all people, very anti climactic
cont.

>tfw finally held him up
>tfw captured his bird
>tfw bird tastes like shit and now I feel bad

>MGSV threads a day or two after release
>ingsoc
>black hound
>that guy who fucking went trespassing in some random building in NYC looking for ruse cruise clues
>not until a week or so later people finally started to realize "this is actually all we're getting"

Attached: 1406012345175.jpg (135x196, 6.52K)

I never played MGS and never intend to.
Just like any nintendo shit.

Still can't believe it's the same VA as Crypto from Destroy All Humans.

Still hurts

the real phantom pain was the experience

cont.
>first actual boss fight, you kill the sahelanthropus with a bunch of rocket and endless supply of ammo dropping in
>remember how we killed him earlier with a minigun? and now with a bunch of rockets. really ties the narrative together about how its a uranium armoured mega machinge that cant even be killed by a proper arsenal of tanks and choppers in the cutscene
>thats the whole story
>the shit continues though for some post story stuff (aka, the "real" story)
>it is though quiet is a spy
>she gets interrogated and it is revealed that she cant speak because of the parasite in her
>it is also revealed that emmerich is a dick
>none of this is revelaed in gameplay, but instead you are just doing more extraction missions
>the final mission is then that quiet has to leave because she has to speak english to save boss, in a cutscene
>then you replay the hospital scene without any single change, aside from the literal 2 minute cutscene afterwards where the real big boss drives off in a motorcycle.

there that about sums it up, not please explain the fine subtext of the shitty sotry that was poorly interlaced with the game in its shitty missions that had nothing to do with the actual story at hand, which was sparse to begin with, and anti climactic, and gameplay wise there were no real boss fights holy shit fuck you for baiting me and making it seem like its a deeper game than it actually is

I didn't though, I actually blindly bumbled through his fight over the course of like an hour. It was really fun.

Give an actual explanation that isn't dogshit then genius.

It's worth playing but it's okay to stop after 4. Not even that 4 is ending on a high note, but it's worth experiencing unlike the stuff that comes after.

Imagine being this retarded

Attached: Blank+_74f42ddc702b804a0e148bda4fc4fadb.jpg (326x294, 33.88K)