Why do people pretend Ultimate is more fun than this?

Why do people pretend Ultimate is more fun than this?

Attached: docmario.webm (1480x828, 2.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E-Cfc53zclY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based Doc main

>It's another THIS MAN thinks he makes better work than NINTENDO episode
You will never be hired, especially not for simply ruining a 10/10 game with smelee gameplay copy and paste jobs

Okay but do you have a real counterargument

Attached: TallTenseAxolotl-mobile.webm (638x360, 2.94M)

Project M is the best Smash game.

I really want PMEX remix, but with Smash Ultimate's models (where applicable, like over Mario's Brawl model, etc) because I genuinely like the art style of Ultimate.

the gameplay is more fun but do you people not care about the characters in smash at all? Would you be just as happy playing generic wire frame characters?

>faster = better
this is what elitism does to you

Is that an air grab? I will now play your game

>dude you just have to learn retarded techniques and break your controller and only play these characters and only play these stages it's SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Competitive gaming is a cancer

Attached: peter.jpg (1920x1920, 1.07M)

It's "competitive" so people know it's good. I just want the prettiness of Sm4sh for God sake.

It's a real shame too since Melee and Project M are insanely fun at an amateur level in between the party game and autism extrmes.

Project M Lucario is pretty fucking sick

>"with us or against us" fallacy
I can very much enjoy both

this is pm, mario and doctor mario are the same character there.
im sorry to tell you this
university student attitude
project m is the best smash game at a semi casual level, anything below that ultimate is better and anything above that melee is better
have you ever played "high level project m"? it's fucking miserable. every single character has 0 to death setups that are spammed constantly. every single character has tech chase throw setups that last for fucking ever.
it's also unbearable to watch.

project m has the best casual stages, draculas castle and warioware are amazing

I will never play your shit game

if that was the case slapcity and rivals would more popular. pm has the characters and gameplay to back it up, some characters moves list are better than there ultimate counterparts like sonic and samus.

It's not even that it's faster it's clearly got a better yomi/neutral/offstage/etc play than ultimate

PM Dracula's Castle is better than the actual one from Smash

>muh ultimate
PMfags scared to go after Melee with their scrub game so they pick on the low hanging fruit LMAOOOOO

>yomi
You don't play fighting games

PM and Melee both run on a Wii. They're usually played in conjunction. Mechanics and skill mostly carries over.
The same is not true of Ultimate and Melee, which wouldn't even require the same TV.

they don't. right now the problem is accessibility and netcode, once rollback and diet pm is made there should be a surge in newer players. the could add lyn too but for some reason the don't want too even though she's 90%complete.
pm has auto L cancel

no Dr Mario vs Mewtwo in Ult?

Not in the way that clip played out, no.

P+ developers are something else. I feel like they do absolutely nothing to try and keep the game alive outside of the most basic bitch """updates""" to 3.6 you've ever seen. 70% of P+ is just PM Tournament Edition, the other 20% are retarded character changes that made the game less balanced, and 10% of it was just finishing knuckles.

>it's another nintoddlah seething because of nintendo game mods episode

project m peaked with 3.5, everything else is pointless
yes, knuckles is retarded

Why play PM/P+ when I could play PMEx Remix

>make cheese: the game
>wHy WoN'T aNyOnE pLaY mY gAmE

Huh, I wonder fucking why.

Also every characters designed exactly the same.

>have some moves with no knockback or endlag
>here is your strong move with no start up so you can combo all your zero knockback combo tools for babies
>now let's top it off with (oversized hitbox/armor/move that combos into itself forever/etc)

Its all so tiresome

Attached: 1553445147735.jpg (1000x1000, 548K)

Wanna know how I know you also don't like guilty gear strive?

Attached: 1638259781574.gif (334x232, 91.61K)

>have some moves with no knockback or endlag
>>here is your strong move with no start up so you can combo all your zero knockback combo tools for babies
>now let's top it off with (oversized hitbox/armor/move that combos into itself forever/etc)
isn't that just melee toptiers

they simultaneously dont need to and cant.
melee is special for some reasons that pm couldnt be (outside of 3.6). melee is fully unchanging, and has jank that mods couldnt replicate. the game has an individual soul. i feel that sakurai acknowledged this, so decided to make something in a different direction (though he took it a bit too far.) pm has never wanted to fully simulate melee. just see what brawl would be like with some melee mechanics + better balancing (and it turned out to be the best smash game overall). it created its own soul by being a product made by passionate fans.
it didnt need to because pretty much every melee AND brawl player was playing pm. it united the whole scene until twitch and gimr stepped in to prevent it from being streamed in a failed attempt to please father nintendo. side events had top players from melee and brawl. if you ask "what is the best smash?" to any professional smash bros player that has experience at least going back to brawl, their answer is going to be project m.

Reminder that PM community figures are all troons
youtube.com/watch?v=E-Cfc53zclY

At least we can come together and shit on smash 4

>if you ask "what is the best smash?" to any professional smash bros player that has experience at least going back to brawl, their answer is going to be
melee

Ya my brain is too small to even play dbz bro, and that shit is just "follow light med heavy, finish with special or tag to extend"

I'll take my one button baby fighters thank you very much.

Yes, and its how you know they wanted to make melee 2 and not its own thing.

No clips from Ultimate fags, only barking like dogs.

down throw to nair/fair, dragdowns and nair strings into up/sideb are so hype

>haha, I beat up someone who either dropped their controller, I am a master gamer!

Attached: 1648091566403.jpg (639x721, 60.19K)

Underrated truth.

>this is pm, mario and doctor mario are the same character there.
In my build I just have different SMO costumes to replace the Doc lineup (NES Tour Golf, Sunshine shirt/shades, cowboy, builder, wedding). It feels wrong IMO to relegate someone who exists as a different fighter into a mere costume.
>other people share my distaste for Project Plus
holy fuck it's nice to know I'm not alone on this.

P+ is an amerimutt game. European tournaments still play 3.6.

If P+ did more to actually add to the game in substantial ways, like new game modes, adding at least one new fucking character like Lyn and not knuckles, and reorganizing it's hideous stage layout, it'd be much better.

Why do people pretend Ultimate is anything other than Brawl 3.0? removal of ledgehogging alone makes pre and post-melee games seem like totally different series

>ledgehogging
that was cancer and its removal was one of the good aditions in newer games

Yeah why would anyone care about positional advantage in a competitive game? Let's just make it so when you get knocked 30 feet below they stage you can just snap directly back to the stage for free regardless of what your opponent is doing!

>European tournaments still play 3.6.
Huh. That actually makes sense now that I think about it. P+ only got off the ground when an ex-PM dev on its team silently snuck builds of 3.6 with altered stage boundaries (specifically those in his favor that he couldn't get his way on in 3.6/3.61) into tournaments, and using his PM clout, got it to stick with tournaments, which spiraled into ridiculous balance and moveset changes, and then adding the Funny Red Meme Sonic.

that webm doesn't show that, it's just a roll read, into a grab then string and a f-smash finisher that is not even true, the waveash in the platform can be done in ultimate too.

I know for a fact that PM/P+ has faster movement but it feels like you caould do the stuff in OP's webm in ultimate

L canceling is such a pointless mechanic and I am always impressed when a new moron says that it's good.

Having more characters doesnt matter if the gameplay feels like ass.
I just absolutley cannot stand how Smash 4 and Ultimate feel.
PM still has a good amount of characters, it's not like everything has been reduced to generic wireframes like in your theoretical scenario.

>faster = better
Unironically yes.

Yeah, it is.
Glad Project M has an option to make L-Cancelling automatic, functionally removing the mechanic.

Never really got Smash as anything other than a party game I don't get how combos would function when you're getting flung around randomly

>auto l-cancel
dropped

But my friends don't have this one, they have Ultimate though, therefore Ultimate is more fun.
Y'know...cuz Smash is a party game.

What do you mean?
Knockback is not random at all, and never has been.

anti-Melee/anti-competitive faggots have gotten just as obnoxious and unbearable as competitivefags/Meleefags.

Attached: pills.jpg (800x450, 134.34K)

It's optional.
>le dropped
>inb4 if its optional i drop it anyway because that means the devs are dumb

>playing PM for competitive autism
Dumb, stinky and unwashed
>playing PM because it has Melee's good physics and speed but with a bigger roster
Smart, fresh and cleanly

Attached: image.png (1601x920, 1.77M)

Auto-L Cancel: ON

Attached: chadddd.jpg (1473x1061, 76.71K)

Not random but it varies based on damage so how is it possible to have consistent combos? Or is it more reactive and positioning based?

Based i don't know how people get immediate autism over competitive shit like everyone is playing for that reason

Reactive and positioning based because opponents can DI and SDI your attacks. In melee, one of Fox's best kill combos is upthrow upair, but most characters can DI all the way to the left and then SDI out, so Fox can predict that and punish by back airing instead of upairing, flinging you into the void because you didn't DI correctly.

Me and my friends all play PM because it feels the best to play, and is closest to the game we played for 7+ years--Melee (when it was the only game other than 64). We don't get into tourneyfagging, we don't care about tiers or power levels or whatever. It feels good, runs on my PC, looks good, has plenty of cool music and stages. Simple as.

Attached: pic unrelated.gif (306x296, 2.14M)

Look at that autistic shit

When will someone actually manage to make a Melee clone that takes off?
Even though PM is great, it'll never truly take off (or even hit it's old peaks) cause Nintendo are cunts.
Rivals of Aether is alright, but no shields/grabs or ledgegrabs make it a hard sell for the die hard Melee autists, though RoA 2 looks promising.
Rushdown Revolt has some good ideas, but it feels clunky and unpolished.
Slap City was fun as fuck, felt the closest to capturing the magic of early casual Melee for me.
and then there's Nick all star brawl, which to me has similar problems to Rushdown Revolt in terms of not feeling very polished.

That's not a hard feat, the CV stage in Ultimate fucking sucks. Huge disappointment.

More fun that what? Juggling? You can do that in ult.

Unless you're saying playing """competitively""" then no.
And you will never be relevant.

better than ultimate
no cheese
no combos
3 minutes time out matches
etc