Switch 2 when?

With Switch sales declining do you think Nintendo launches a new console next year?

2020 was 28 million sales
2021 is looking to be around 21 million sales
2022 will probably be around 16-17 million sales based on current trends

So 2023 is starting to feel like the logical time for a successor. No reason to sit through a 12 million sale year when they can launch a new system and get 25. With Switch sales dropping so rapidly despite the OLED I cant imagine a pro would do much to extend the life, so that feels too late at this point.

What do you think? Do they truck it out, or do they move on next year?

Attached: nintendo-switch-2.jpg (1643x924, 44.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-04-14-nintendo-switch-was-europes-no-1-console-in-march-european-monthly-charts
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUJtIK94Djc
isfe.eu/games-sales-data/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pointless now that the steam deck exists and its kids are on the way

Steam deck cant even connect to a TV, it's not even the same kind of product. It's like comparing a TV to a phone screen because a phone can technically run videos.

people that need to play mobile games on-the-go are cringe af

>With Switch sales declining
Lol no they're not

They objectively are. The OLED slowed the decline down for the holidays, but it's continuing again. Sales in Japan are down about 25% vs the same period last year and that gap is growing as we get further away from the OLED's release. This is also making the gap in 2021 compared to 2020 larger than it appeared before. It's looking like 2021 will see about 21 million sales, compared with 28 million in 2020.

>Nintendo Switch was the most popular console. Switch sales increased 9% compared with March last year.
>gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-04-14-nintendo-switch-was-europes-no-1-console-in-march-european-monthly-charts
That being said, Switch Pro this October

This is a very low IQ post

>when they can launch a new system and get 25
Switch sold 14.8 million in 2017

>2021 will see about 21 million sales
X

I'm not contributing to that number because I bought secondhand cfw shit

There are no European hardware numbers released so I have no idea where this article claims to be getting this data from. I know some countries show top software numbers but none of them give hardware sales.

He's right. Deck is a handheld, Switch is a home console with a portable option.
Even if you get a dock for Deck (sold separately) it only works as an TV out, while being docked is Switch's default state and it underclocks when taken out.

Switch 2 will be much more inviting on launch because of backwards compatibility with an existing library. The regular switch only had 3 games worth playing in the first year and one was a full price port of an existing game.

Are you really suggesting gameindustry.biz is not reputable?

Literally nobody cares about your shitty budget prebuilt.

I'm not going to just take them at their word, they have to have an actual source, which they don't have. I wish there were European hardware sales numbers released but there are not. We get hardware sales numbers from Japan, and from America we hear who sold the most but Europe gives us nothing except a few countries game charts.

>needing a dock to connect your steam deck to the tv
you're such a fucking retarded brainlet. all consoleniggers should be banned permanently from Yea Forums. the deck has usb c ports that output display.

Why do low IQ schizos say "switch 2" instead of switch successor?

Let me know when the deck gets games then we'll talk, vegan

Next year, probably
That's likely why BOTW2 got delayed. I wager, without covid, it would have come out last year or so. But with Covid, it pushed the game's deadline just far back enough that it made more sense, ultimately, to just release it with the new console.
This is the same reason BOTW got delayed as well

Because it's faster. Personally I'd expect something like Super Nintendo Switch or Ultra Nintendo Switch.

>still thinks nintendo is going to make another "Wii 2" mistake
You have to be 18 to post here

The Switch is also a handheld that comes with an optional Game Boy player unless you buy the lite.

The problem with the Wii U is that it didn't have enough original content at launch to clearly differentiate itself. It took a long time to build up interesting games like Mario Kart or Xenoblade X and by then it was too late. If they just launch a "super nintendo switch" with an open world 3D Mario game and Mario Kart 9, no one is gonna be confused on what it is.

Mario Kart 8 has DLC coming through 2023. The next console will not be until at least 2024.

That was not the main problem with the WiiU

Unless it's backwards compatible?? Dunno how you can make a claim like that when we're at 2 years of Xbox and Playstation having crossgen support.

>Mario Kart 8 has DLC coming through 2023. The next console will not be until at least 2024.
First of all, I don't see why you think that. Consoles always get new releases and even full games after the next one comes out. It's not like they'll abandon the switch entirely as soon as they release a new one. The Switch has over 100 million owners to sell shit to and Nintendo likes money.

But it only goes until late 2023, and they could also launch the console late 2023, which would be next year.

Steam Deck

The sales need to decline enough that it hurts the bottom line first, Doesnt help no competition means they can sit on this model for awhile too.

They have analysts that predict these sorts of things, user. The Wii was still doing fine and had its own niche and it was replaced in the same time frame.

early 2023 when BOTW2 releases.

It wasnt though, around the end the Wii fell off hard with little sales coming from hardware at all since everyone was selling them.

Switch 2 Pro: Lovelace edition

You realise that a new console would have to have a Mario Kart on it to please shareholders and releasing MK9 while 8 is still getting DLC would canabalise sales.

See

Next spring.
BotW2 is launch game.

Ok, schizo, mind explaining what that is?

Not really argumentative.

Isn't it Dane, not Lovelace? Or are they somehow the same thing?

>schizo
Take brainstorming pill, dumbass

Keep watching: m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUJtIK94Djc

What Dane specifically based off?

I think they will, and BOTW2 will be a launch title

I mean, Nintendo fans deflamed Bloomberg for not being reputable on a possible Switch Pro so yeah, can understand how the "reputable" source can be questioned. That being said, the data is pulled from isfe.eu/games-sales-data/ and it's basically Europe's NPD except focused entirely on digital. You're also not going to get the raw report without being able to pay for the membership subscription which you probably want to work at a financial firm to access or you are a business executive at a video game company.

Attached: file.png (1400x626, 159.9K)

DxM/SMTV/DP2 definition edition, MP4, Bayonetta 3 and Super Princess Peach 2 as launch title.

DP2 really needs one. Still haven't finished it because of the awful open world framerate.

Probably Dane yearlong codename on Lovelace?

Yeah. Unfortunately, great storytelling need performance boost.

Anyone else would like a boxed only console but cheaper due to no screen and battery?
The "it doesn't switch" argument stopped being relevant after the portable only Switch release

Source?

B- but 2020 outbreak?

Impossible. This isn't an issue on the "switch" part, it'll create an issue where developers will only make a "docked only" version of games that won't run on the handheld variants at all. Nintendo would be stupid to allow that, even if it benefits some consumers.

I swear to god no one remembers EA trying to strongarm Nintendo into making them the online service provider during the initial reveal/stage presentation only for Nintendo to embarrass them immediately after saying "we don't know what the fuck they were talking about" Within a month EA pulled 90% of what they promised on the system and then stonewalled other devs from releasing Wii U games using their engines

It's too early, there isn't a mobile chip capable of modern games at 1080p/60 low settings in the $400 range.

Apple Silicon can do it at low wattage, but that's not happening.

>Anyone else would like a boxed only console but cheaper due to no screen and battery?
No, I already have a computer

>Apple Silicon can do it at low wattage, but that's not happening.
Apple's chip take up more silicon than a fucking geforce 3070 GPU. They're filled with tiny hardware acceleration chips that boost performance way above what the actual mobile chips can do.

Sales are probably declining because everyone already owns a switch. How do you market to people when everyone already owns your products?

>Nintendo announces Switch successor
>Names it the Switch U

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 024.jpg (2048x1442, 266.68K)

Super Switch Up, than another next successor is Ultra Switch Forward

So just like some games need joycons to work on the Lite?

Does that computer play Switch carts?

By making console revisions

Bloomberg botched the Mariko silent revision in 2019 and OLED / E3 in 2021. I think it's pretty fair to be skeptical of them. I don't think anyone would be surprised to see a stronger version, but timing is just as important.

Please never run a business

Forget DP2, NMH3 should have had an extra year to finish some content and be a launch title for Switch 2. Would've done just as well as Bayo 3, the hype was there until the actual footage came out and then the WoM about it being unfinished hit.