Indie game

>indie game
>it's actually good
What's her name, Yea Forums?

Attached: crystal project indie game.jpg (616x353, 67.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/861732/RPG_Maker_MV__Time_Fantasy/
github.com/Render96/Render96Wiki/wiki/cobble_stone-(The-Texture-of-Your-Childhood)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Satisfactory

teardown
most creative indie game I've played in years and it's not a 2d roguelike metroidvania pixelshit platformer

Should I play this now? Or do we exoect the developer to keep on improving it?

Highfleet.

Attached: desert dweller.jpg (622x901, 40.49K)

Furi

ULTRAKILL
Noita
Factorio

This just came out. Anyone play it yet? Looks kind of janky.

Attached: file.png (968x499, 773.93K)

>teardown
Sell me on the game user

>OP asks for indie games
>anons post millionaire AA productions

>indie game
>it's kind of not very good
>busted
>unfinished
>love it anyways because what it does is super unique and engaging

only NPCs like games with no flaws, what are the indie games you love in spite of their issues?

Attached: 1612178077428.png (1297x965, 382.54K)

Fuck you andrew, go nerf the fucking shitty chocobo race

>Indie game dev tries shilling their shitty RPG Maker game on Yea Forums for the 17th day in a row
>It’s shit
>Because it’s RPG maker

Fuck off you gay ass motherfucker stop shilling your shitty fucking RPG Maker game with rehashed assets

It's a custom engine built off the FNA framework. It isn't RPG Maker.

Shill your game somewhere else Andrew

store.steampowered.com/app/861732/RPG_Maker_MV__Time_Fantasy/

Yes, he purchased assets to use in his game. Do you know anything about video game development?

Attached: file.png (631x945, 129.69K)

You replied to me in 30 seconds with a screenshot of YOUR post.
I’ve now archived this thread and screenshot this as proof you’re here to shill your shitty RPG Maker game, Andrew

Woah there Sherlock Holmes, call the internet police quick so you can throw me in cyber jail!!!

Nice reverse psychology, Andrew.

Minecraft

Is planet crafter any good bro’s?

There are RPG maker games that are good, like Ib, Mageko Castle, The Witch's House, or Wadanohara

Stardew Valley.

Attached: Untitled30.png (1440x805, 160.46K)

unironically pretty fun game for cheap.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 51.73K)

I played The Witch's House and if the other ones are at the same level of quality then there are in fact no good RPG Maker games.

is the gameplay actually good? It looked to me like a tech demo for his voxel destruction code with a game tacked on so he could sell it.

Best of the best
>Hyper Light Drifter
>Furi
>Tunic
>Hollow Knight
>Ori and the Blind Forest
>Ori and the Will of the Wisps
>Death's Door
>Rain World
>Pyre
>Into the Breach
>Primordia
>Resolutiion
>Enter the Gungeon
>Baba is You
>Cuphead
>Nex Machina
>Samorost 3
>Machinarium
>Hob

Personally I've had a really good time playing the game. It's not very well balanced and there is a shitty optional racing minigame with dinos that sucks dick.
I say It's wort hthe low price it has.

>literally only names the most mainstream """""indie""""" games possible
Let me guess, console-only?

It's a good game.
The post-game sucks. Dev has talked about additional options for NG+ so I'm excited to see if it gets better with time.

Attached: Capture.png (1082x378, 723.52K)

Complete a timed obstacle course where you destroy and move things to make the obstacle course as efficient as possible

>Teardown
Garbage. The dev story behind it rocks and by mission 3 everything is a timed mission where you steal multiple objects and they're all attached to alarm systems, any successful attempts at disarming the alarm systems is quickly patched out by faggot dev

I'm kind of lukewarm on Synthetik 2. It just doesn't hit as hard as the first one for me.

I'm hoping 1.0 changes my mind.

Attached: ss_f11fd4a0c51f82a6491949a2b55f23daa0d8bde1[1].jpg (1920x1080, 413.07K)

>no factorio

>Factorio
>AA millionaire production

Attached: FQCA2QJaMAELM-X.jpg (1080x800, 52.54K)

He went to the Nintendo store and only listed the Switch top sellers.
Attention: Do not post in indie threads if you play on consoles.

>Yes, he purchased assets to use in his game
this is still a massive turn off for any game to me, especially if they're pixel sprites.

I have tried those lesser known ones and only Resolutiion was good.
Enlighten me then what non mainstream indies i should play

Attached: 1629029595623.gif (200x150, 1015.33K)

Factorio and Satisfactory are extremely different games from VERY different developpers user, I'm actually going to advise you take slow down on taking your meds this time

>conflates budget with quality
You will never be a gamer.

You do realize that 99% of video games purchase assets to use in one way or another. Royalty music is popular to use as well as royalty free sound effects. Code and other graphic assets are also regularly purchased.
It's kind of the purpose of assets...so you don't have to make 100% of the game from scratch.

Attached: 3o65vld1gb421[1].jpg (660x980, 80.88K)

Disregard that I didn't see the second post before replying.
You. Take your meds.

Super Mario 64 mostly uses assets from texture libraries and audio CDs, same with many other Nintendo games.
I wonder why they are never called out on that considering SM64 really looks an asset flip mess.

Attached: 1642958695860.jpg (700x700, 151.26K)

>Use tacky public domain library that everyone has access to
>AHEM ACKCHYUALLY SWEATY THATS WHAT EVERYONE DOES ALL THE TIME, DID YOU REALLY WANT THEM TO TAKE THEIR OWN PICTURES OF SHARKS
yes....yes I did....I'm so sick of hustle culture praising everyone getting "the bag" for the least amount of effort possible. I swear to God inflation can't devastate our society fast enough

While the Ori games are good, they're not indie at all. They're published by a huge company we all hate, which makes their quality surprising.

>>Use tacky public domain library that everyone has access to
aka the nintendo method
they only get away with it because it's ok when nintendo does it, optics go a long way

>Uhhhh, im not a lazy faggot, literally EVERYONE just buys assets nowadays!
get bent assclown

No, fuck off consolewar faggot. It's bad when everyone does it.

I don't see you freaking out over any of these games' asset flips.
The cobblestone texture is hilariously overused.
github.com/Render96/Render96Wiki/wiki/cobble_stone-(The-Texture-of-Your-Childhood)

Attached: 1632195003210.png (226x990, 29.41K)

Link me a thread and I'll do it right now....holy shit you're so fucking gay

>EVERY SINGLE TREE SHOULD HAVE UNIQUE LEAVES
>NO TREE IN A VIDEO GAME SHOULD EVER BE THE SAME OR ELSE I'LL KILL THE ENTIRE DEVELOPMENT TEAM

Come on...there's nothing wrong with utilizing tools to speed up the development process.

Attached: d893dce1587c012a42847969caafdadb[1].jpg (432x432, 11.09K)

The only tool here is you
You lazy bastard

>hey can you make 3-4 trees for us to paste around the game world
>NOOOOOO!!!!!!! THAT TAKES WAY TOO MUCH TIME IM GOING TO BUY THEM OFF THE UNITY STORE!!!!! SURELY THE ART DIRECTION CAN HANDLE GENERIC TREES MADE BY SOME RETARD WHO DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT KIND OF GAME WERE MAKING!!!!! EVERYONE DOES IT! ITS FINE!!!
in 10 years you'll be defending plug and play bought game systems and mechanics. Itl be fine that every game plays 1:1 the same because "everyone else is already doing it"

>DEVS ARE SO LAZY FOR USING PURCHASED TOOLS TO PROGRAM THEIR GAMES
>WHY DONT THEY PLUG THEIR BRAINS DIRECTLY INTO THE MOTHERBOARD TO CHANGE THE VALUES OF THE BITS AND BYTES

Attached: 71TBg4r1oNL._AC_SY450_[1].jpg (1200x450, 60.93K)

Here you go baby boy! All me! I'm glad I could prove myself to you, now I think you should turn in for your nappy

Attached: 1649962141390.jpg (1080x257, 53.99K)

You are made from the same molecules as every other faggot on this board, its what you create with the assets that really matters

I like Sneedtree because TW3 uses it and the trees look amazing when swaying in the wind.
Even my mom commented on it while watching me play.

Attached: 1645336830502.gif (540x300, 2.99M)

Witcher 3 had great tree tech. It's the swaying that really did it. Until that game I don't remember a game that felt like they did trees "right" like W3 did.

Picture unrelated

filtered

Anyone play andrew's shmup (wish project)? shit's hard as fuck on the higher difficulties. pretty great bullet patterns.

I tried it during the last demo festival, really had that 90s korean rpg feel & seemed like not enough active skills, got bored pretty quickly. Also when using a ranged weapon, it was really hard to not shoot at enemies as clicking anywhere near would make you attack.

Skelattack

Attached: Greenery-mushroom forest2.png (1920x1080, 2.51M)

starts with
>>Hyper Light Drifter
alright, I will ignore your list

Yeah I just fucked around with it for an hour.
The dodge feels really bad. General combat just doesn't "flow" enough to feel like a good ARPG that I'd want to stick with. I can only imagine later on if I actually had to fight more difficult enemies it would feel even worse.

Attached: file.png (638x257, 19.83K)

Vagante

Every game by MDickie. Even his game dev game is good

Attached: 1649963366275.jpg (256x256, 20.99K)