Elden Ring

Why this game ends up being so underwhelming

A lot of people feel that they genuinely wasted their time playing it after they finish it

Is it the open world?

Attached: uXrGTTuVs3L7XnB58Sd8tf-1024-80.jpg (1024x576, 190.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1z9IG6Rnnac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I long for the day FromTrannies stop shitting up this board with 50 simultaneous threads.

the only people who think that are people like you who will never be happy

Die, ESL roach

youtube.com/watch?v=1z9IG6Rnnac
remember what they took from you

It's the terrible boss battles and retarded one-shots, the back tracking, the PvP that revolves around getting one-shot or cheesed. Even 50 vigor seems too low for endgame, and 30 too low for mid. It's not the open world, or only indirectly.

Not a single boss battle was fun, and I'm at literally the end of the game. Looking back, the early fights were probably okay to some extend, but the fights turn into bullshit very quickly. Massive turning point is the capitol. Past that, the quality implodes, and with it the fun.
I'll write a review on steam, and it won't be positive.

Souls games were never good, that's why.

No one should have to git gud at a bad ARPG.

It’s a 7/10 action platformer at best, but mindbroken fromtrannies with no lives who are 800 hours deep on NG+9 will not shut the fuck up about it since they have nothing more meaningful to do with their sad little lives.

The game feels extremely safe all things considered.
Yes it has a mix of cool thing from previous souls game but there is a serious lack of strange and original ideas.

The world is dull outside the eternal cities, the main dungeons use verticality and scales better than before but there is a serious lack of new ideas that make them stick out

The creatures aren't that interesting and have a lot of reused asset and animations. For a new IP it sure feels a lot like Dark Souls.

The boss fight are your typical modern souls games. There is a serious lack of weirdness from the previous games. Ancestor Spirit is neat, Radhan big raid fight is cool, same with Placidusax, but the rest is pretty forgettable.

I just wish it was weirder and crazier but it ended up pretty tame and safe.

Attached: 154153.jpg (4093x2894, 3.63M)

It’s pretty fucking weird user, you’re just a tranny.

Jesus Christ just no argument, just name calling because I insulted your precious first souls game. Stop being a reddit fanboy for one second and let people have their opinions. Grow up.

Fromsoft games are fundamentally exploration games, once you beat them theyre unsatisfying on a 2nd playthrough

Its Dark Souls except Open World. It brings nothing new to the table besides a new story.

shit voice acting. They were right to cut it

it was a massive waste of time to me. i pushed through it hoping it would do soemthing/sunk cost fallacy, but i wish i had never bought it or played it. went back and replayed dark souls trilogy and enjoyed those still. ER is just trash. story and lore is complete shit show like they didnt even have anything and just took unused DaS stuff. doesnt make sense on any level and is just like some kid telling a story A HUGE GUY SHOWED UP AND THEN A BIGGER GUY FROM THE OUTER EDGE WITH THE GREATER WILL CAME AND HE HAD THE KNIFE OF AWESOME THAT USED THE GREATER WILL DESTROYER AND THEN AND THEN. its fucking retarded but they randomly capitalize words, so these morons eat it up and will just regurgitate a wiki article at you if you question it. the balance for combat in pve and pvp is absolutely atrocious. 100s of weapon arts that are trash tier.

100s of spells and incantations that are completely useless. you have to filter through them all to find 1 or 2 actually worthwhile or unique ones that can be used in a handful of situations or you can just ignore them and do just as well. its like it was tacked on at the end and made everything trash so they wouldnt hav eot test it/nothing would break the game on them.

crafting system and all the 'click to pick up' garbage littering the world and filling inventory is fucking useless too. you will not craft anything except maybe that pot of oil to free alexander if you didnt find/buy one by then. thats it. its faster, easier and more convenient to just buy arrows than craft them. youll be able to make like 15 bleed or poison arrows after 80 hours. youll have to go farm for an hour to make a few dozen. you could just do 2 minute soul farming and buy 999 of them instead. you wasted 80 hours and cant even craft something basic. its fucking moronic.

this is the biggest polished turd ive ever played. everything is functional and has makings of a From game that you expect, but everything is a fucking chore and soulless.

Attached: d19.jpg (225x272, 17.26K)

It's the lack of story and impactful moments. Even if the game is totally shit, but have a good story, you will remember it fondly. Cyberpunk is a much worse game than Elden Ring, but I felt very satisfied leaving the town with Panam and Judy in the end after killing the asshole Adam Smasher and fucking up Arasaka. In Elden Ring I had nothing against Radagon or Elden Beast, so it didn't have any meaning.

I think it's just the last stretch of the game padded with bullshit bosses and enemies that deal way too much damage without adding much new or interesting.

I've never played an open world game where I didn't end up bored at some point and decided to just rush to the finish. ER felt like it might be the one game to buck this, but once you really feel all the reused content, it gets boring to explore any more. I remember just running through the haligtree after seeing exactly zero new enemies.

fromtrannies are the new smashtrannies

Good post. Game is fine for a bit of the old hack and slash, but imagine being such a mindbroken consoomer that you become obsessed with it and base your identity around it. Given how low-effort the game was on the part of the devs, it’s extra pathetic.
Yet this board is chock-full of the most pathetic individuals on Earth, apparently.

Attached: B1E72309-042A-4D32-A6F2-7D7B5DCA7122.jpg (952x770, 469.43K)

Kinda unsatisfying towards the end.
The story doesn't really conclude itself properly.

I had nothing against the Erdtree and the Golden Order, looked forward to be Queen Marika's consort and become Elden Lord.

It's also obvious Gideon was supposed to play a much larger role, but it was cut and he was just turned into the easiest boss in the entire game.

> female
Incel

Amazing game at the start, but its just too long

>dungeons are worthless
>loot you find is 90% worthless
>no reason to fight anything towards the end game as its not fun anymore and you did it for 50 hours

I just rushed through the end and didnt even get to the coomer boss in Haligtree. No desire whatsoever.

I disagree completely on the crafting items part. There is so many useful bombs, knifes, perfume and buff items you can get from it.

My biggest gripe is that it's a pain in the ass to get get the cookbook back on a new character. Previous games unlocked items in shops in way more straightforward manner:
"find rare tome/ash get a shit ton of useful stuff"

In Elden Ring you find a cookbook with 4 new items on it, then you find another one with only one new items, it's obnoxious as hell. All to put shit in the open world.

Attached: 154313.jpg (638x1024, 60.13K)

t. Filtered cretin writing fanfiction

Dont you have a shazam thread to go to?

at a certain point i just stopped looking at what new recipes i got from cookbooks

>55 vigor
>two tapped by every boss in the end

does not have what Roland Barthes called the "punctum"

You should kill yourself if you're such a corporate drone even mild criticism of your favorite product upsets you this much.

invest in str/int they boost your defense stat

We all know deep down this game would have probably been better and a more polished experience if it had demons souls level structure. ITS THAT FUCKING SIMPLe. Legacy dungeons in this game are a fucking blast, everything else is just filler.

everything respawning and being able to fast travel everywhere actually just makes the game feel very meaningless and not "open world" at all. it does not respond to the player in any way except that the bosses represent a series of world state checks.

not him but for me crafting means that instead of simply buying pots and grease i now have to farm materials. why add a system which only serves to waste my time on the most tedious """gameplay"""

Id rather 5 amazing dungeons with actual exploration and bosses and depth than 50 hours of padding running from checkpoint to checkpoint and reused assets over and ove rand over.

Zero soul, cheap fantasy feel. Unbelievable its from the same team that made ds1.

Since the amount of weapons you get during one play session is a lot less than previous entries due to spreading it out across such a large world you often won't stumble upon a new find that often, but instead you're rewarded with upgrade materials or crafting components which while still helpful won't make you think about how it affects your playing style/build or future playthroughs.
I will also add i've noticed a lot of completionists suffering from fatigue(me included) playing this since they are trying o comb over every area the often spend hours fruitlessly trying to find things only to be left disappointed. The game sometimes does feel like you're not meant to actively explore but rather just head in a direction and hope for the best, if that makes any sense
Currently on my 2nd run and i'm having more fun picking up stuff now that i already know where the relevant items for my build are located at rather than exploring for 10 hours hoping to find something of interest.

>A lot of people feel that they genuinely wasted their time playing it after they finish it

false. because there's at least 2 other endings to get in NG+.

> Is it the open world?

This is one of the most open world games I've ever fucking seen. Shit is massive.

92% seems to be happy, wonder which snoy executive is behind this post

Attached: fr.png (335x367, 148.41K)

I think it's just the lack of satisfaction from the game. Exploration is bad and the combat is mostly "haha we got you! haha epic ambush gank bro" and then you know what's coming so you don't die the next time. Bosses are the same, die until you memorized their moveset and you know exactly where to stand, where to roll, when to attack, and then you win. Memorization isn't satisfying.

I think they're still riding the popularity of DS1, which got such a cult following in huge part because it was a standout unique game. It also was only "hard" until you learned the mechanics and got used to the game, after which it was a game people felt like they had thoroughly "mastered". And of course everyone enjoys stuff they're good at.
But now, in 2022, people are really sick and tired of shit non-stories with powerpoint intros, NPC quests that are so half-baked they're put into the game literally unfinished, exploration that doesn't lead to anything interesting, encounters that just rely on lazy ganks/ambushes to keep you engaged, rather than designing good fights and levels.

It's a very disappointing game. Given the general reception to the game I really doubt they'll learn from it, and I'll probably sit out the next installment.

the game is shit

Too big for its own good. Quantity over quality. The number of bosses is somewhere in the triple digits while only 8 (eight) of them are unique. Everything else is copy pasta after copy pasta and then some more copy pasta.

>muh appeal to majority
lmao

I liked it, but yeah I'm not motivated for more playthroughs. Endgame is an insane grind and too long.

Nobody but the freaks on this shithole think that.

Game's amazing and I even got a little bit sad when it ended, I was having so much fun.

It's sad, because there's some bosses that are genuinely fun to fight, but FROM relies too much on ganksquad and shitty designs.

I was extremely overwhelmed with how much there was to do
Loved it
And I think most people agree with me rather than you, perhaps not on Yea Forums

I personally found weapons to be the most underwhelming thing about it, there's barely any variation in their movesets. If you found one greataxe you've found them all, slap a different weapon art on it to drown out the monotony of seeing the exact same attack animations.
It wasn't this bad in DaS3, you had slight variations across almost every weapon, and you got weird shit like the Farron greatsword every now and then.

OP status: Utterly destroyed.

>Slap the puppet whore
>"Uhh, user, I'm not gonna let u have ur fun, bigot"
>disappears
Why is Elden ring so cucked?

it's a game about killing bosses where they intentionally design the bosses poorly just because it makes the game harder
everything else about the game is amazing, but the boss fights are so stupidly bad that it brings the whole thing crashing down

lotta bamcopium itt

If you play as a female you're a tranny

I feel like I cucked myself out of fun by not playing magic.
Unga Bunga jump attacking with two big swords is fun for 40 hours, but thats it

i dont know that feel

This. Also went in blind only to find out the weapon and damage types I wanted to play were weak as shit. Ended up just googling item locations. The "fun" stuff for me all requires completing most of the game and there's no real appeal in doing it again in NG+.

Who is "a lot of people" user, according to your mom "a lot of people" could be like 15 guys

Attached: 1644418236281.png (400x397, 243.89K)

Just larval tear and respec your character. Grab some spells and incantations, have some fun.

I am a mobile posting idiot, accidentally pressed another user's post while scrolling

Attached: 1647924249866.png (634x514, 130.37K)

I fucking hate the rune/souls system. What is the fucking point of losing experience you've already earned. I swear I'd prefer to have enemies that delevel you instead of this bullshit system that's only an annoyance.

>Why this game ends up being so underwhelming

>crafting system
>most of the "rewards" end up being crafting materials
>open world
>now everything is SPREAD OUT so thin that it becomes tedious to find anything
>cause of the wide open space they need to fill it out
>which they do by copy pasting
by the half way point you've already done everything in the game at least once.
lets hammer things home:
>most enemies and bosses are annoying to fight
>janky looking feints all over the place
>high frequency attacks
>balance out the window
>no proper retaliation mechanic so the player is forced to wait out each combo
>enemy combos can put them far away from the player
>the biggest culprit is the final boss
6/10 game cause the exploration was pretty fun at first, and the visuals are undeniably good