ITT

Pleb filters

Attached: download.jpg (144x144, 2.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWEkdMF_kwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, you know someone has good taste when they avoid this like the plague.

You mean Tranny magnets

Muh favorite virtual character :(

Okay movie game with garbage gameplay and retarded story

The only thing wrong with it is that it wasn't locked to grounded difficulty

Attached: ds.jpg (800x988, 156.39K)

Yeah this game was pretty cool with an engaging story, but uhh there was not a single man who came out a winner in any capacity in this. They were all framed as monsters and assholes.

fpbp

>movie game
stop using words you don't understand

I'm not like the other girls game

It doesn't have to.
Joel wasn't a good guy in the original neither. It was just easier to relate to him

someone post the webm of ellie swinging for a minute straight the enemy ai just blocking it

Sorry I said movie game instead of le cinematic experience lol

tranny game
tranny game

I'm about 10 hours in and it's pretty good so far, I don't get the hateboner for this game, its actually a very refreshing experience in this era of open world shit and bloat

You have the right to fuck it up, the consumer has the right not to buy your product.

If you don't care about the audience, the audience is not going to give a shit about you.

nice to see op btfo

>zombies
>over the shoulder shooter with crafting with lots of walking in-between
>revenge bad plotline
The shit I took this morning was more refreshing.

> muh product.
Your amerifattness is showing. Bet you went and asked for a refund.

Did you pay for it?

I did. Doesn't make me the owner of the creative decisions.
Not saying that the writing is soms Cormac McCharthy level, but T some point you need to let the writter explore his themes and not throw a hissy fit whenever a sequel doesn't do the safe by the rules cookie cutter shit we're used to, espetially in gaming.

Well if you don't have any male characters that succeed in the game in any way or are even positive you're gonna alienate the male audience big time

>Pleb filter
I don't think there's any sense in trying to be elitist about whether or not you enjoyed a video game
>there was not a single man who came out a winner
I would say the game presents Joel in a very favourable way. It's difficult for Ellie to forgive him, but (1) she clearly wants to by the end and (2) we don't need to feel the same way Ellie does.
Beyond that, most characters (regardless of gender) either die or become assholes. I'm not sure anyone "comes out a winner".

>terribly flawed game
Shills and SJWs call it a masterpiece

>Wholesome game with minor flaws
Filters Shills and SJWs

It's not an open world game, retard.

He didn't say it was, retard.

The problem is that you can't break the rules of your own franchise. The rules created by the story of any part one are the foundation on which any sequel should be built. Especially when the story development is the main point of the experience.

worst thing is: Part 2 even breaks its own rules.

The gameplay was awesome for this, and it might’ve been another extreme top seller if they took the time to add factions again. ND and cuckman really dropped the ball

fpbp

>era of open world shit

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't cha?

Which rules did it break?

Played the original for the first time. Enjoyed it so went and bought the second one. Im in the first hours or so and it follows the themes of the first one so far.

I'd recommend leaving this thread, and Yea Forums in general, until you've finished it.

You're either a retard or ESL, which is it?

Extra Soft Linx

Just admit you made a mistake

I went on and spoiled myself thinking it was a trainwreck, according to the negative reviews. Still dont see the problem so please explain to me which rules it broke.

>Which rules did it break?

>Part 2 is presented as an extremist and visceral story.
>violence and unceremonious death serve as a shock-value resource for the audience
>this device introduces and establishes (again) the world and its rules
>"the story unfolds in a brutal world with no second chances for anyone"

>the third act
>climax
>instead of the climax, Direction introduces a flashback
>the flashback explains nothing
>flashback totally out of context,
>the flashback explains nothing
>it's just an image that flashes for a split second on the player's screen totally decontextualized
>nemesis gets "plot armor".
>nemesis gets total invulnerability
>the nemesis can take a boat and get out alive
>post game menu
>the nemesis is shown to have arrived at the destination and had a happy ending
>in a world that is explained at the beginning, it is fair because it does not give second chances to anyone

Ah okay.
Can't help you there, because personally I'm a huge fan. I don't think it broke rules, or was unfaithful to the original's themes, or anything like that.

I liked this game, but I don't disagree with any of the criticisms lobbed against it. Save people shitting on the combat, since it's awesome and they're retarded.

How does one go through life being this demonstrably fucking stupid holy shit ahahaha

>Save people shitting on the combat
Literally just a graphics update. Brings nothing new and interesting.

Never bothered playing it because I lost interest from the very first trailer when it revealed it would be more Joel and Ellie. The leaks were fun though. Also seeing parts of the game and realising Abby was as forced as could possibly be and that Neil must actually waifu her.
>Ellie is capable of eliminating threats in high stress situations as a reflex when she's a little girl, then when she sees Abby killing Joel she suddenly becomes more incompetent than she was as a little girl and walks directly into a trap despite having a gun already drawn on Abby (just so Abby doesn't die)
>Ellie fighting Abby, Ellie is armed with a knife and Abby's entire torso is exposed, but chooses to stab her in the thigh (just so Abby doesn't die)
>Ellie drops a map with a big marker on it saying "I AM HERE PLEASE KILL ME" after the pregnant cunt attacked Ellie for your shocking and epic sad moment
>Ellie has a sad flashback at the end and lets Abby go (just so Abby doesn't die)
>Abby's dad saves a zebra ya'll!

I would have bothered playing it if it was completely different characters in a completely different location. London Underground infected would have been rad.

Literally wrong, play the game you fag

can you give examples of relevant upgrades in the combat system?

Dodge

amazing.

This is mostly cope. The biggest issue here is ludonarrative dissonance.

The game shows that the violence is wearing on Ellie the entire time, the issue is that in every gameplay section you're slaughtering a dozen dudes. After she beats the black chick to death the game should have done a genre switch for Ellie's parts. You should have been made to play more/exclusively stealthy while keeping Abby's part the same to mix up the gameplay because Abby still feels righteous in what she did.

But the writing on the wall was there the entire time. Ellie was getting sick of the violence the entire time. They just fucked up with the gameplay and the "I forgive Joel so I forgive you" bullshit

>Proven wrong
>Proven fag
>a-amazing
Suck a big one, faggot

Ridiculously based

always without fail.

Attached: images.png (246x205, 7.64K)

Not him, and I don't feel like making a point-by-point breakdown of it. There are youtube videos that do a good job of that: youtube.com/watch?v=rWEkdMF_kwo

It's simply hard to believe that someone who's played both games, and is arguing in good faith, would say that 2's combat is just a reskin of the first. They feel like completely different games in that respect.

Always filters the Taro fags

Attached: 542138-drakengard-2-playstation-2-manual.jpg (800x1282, 165.46K)

dodge, prone, general better melee and verticality... a jump, lol

I'm not talking about bad faith, just imagine trying to sell the sequel to someone else.

>"so what's new in the sequel?"
>"you can dodge on this one"

>This is mostly cope
What part is? Go back to the first game when Joel got the rebar through the gut. A bandit is about to kill him but Ellie reacts in a second and puts the threat down, saving Joel.
When she's fighting Abby she's already had years of combat experience and started fighting when she was years younger, yet she chooses to stab at the thigh.
As for finding location, Joel tortured a couple of guys instead of map drop at a convenient spot.
And you nor anybody can convince me that zebra shit wasn't the most saccharine moment to make Joel seem more dubious than he really was.
The ending was just the icing on the cake.
Again, the series should have had different protagonists in different locations for each instalment.

>Sell the game to me
>The combat is awesome
You, being a faggot:
>Tell me specifically every new game play component so I can say nothing's changed even though I haven't played it
Faggot

can you break down what makes it awesome?

YeahThere you go, faggot. Continue to be blithe and obtuse.

then you can't explain it. You have to resort to content created by a third party to pretend to be able to support your own argument.

I accept your admission of defeat :)

>Then you can't explain it
I and others can explain it fine. What nobody had patience for is a retard whose first post claims that the game has no improvements over its predecessor before admitting he's never played it in the first place. Your mind is made up and you're an obnoxious retard who doesn't even understand how people converse given your last duplicitous attempt at highlighting a conversation here You dumb, dense, stupid motherfucker. Shut the fuck up.