Makes a few good games

>makes a few good games.
>Constantly mismanages launch dates.
>Never transparent with customers.

Why do people worship this company again? They're just as bad as cdpr yet everyone sucks Gabe's dick like he's the second coming of Christ.

Attached: 540-5409541_valve-logo-png-sign-transparent-png.jpg (500x280, 27.15K)

They're also known scammers who commit false advertising and fraud.

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

The only reason Valve is even relevant is because of Steam. They have the pc community by the balls because the majority of major franchises can only be bought on Steam.

>major franchises can only be bought on Steam
It's up to the devs/publisher where they sell their games, valve doesn't demand exclusivity like Epic.

>we are never going to have a comfy valve thread again because of faggots like this

Attached: 1509663897470.png (1600x1435, 1.43M)

There's nothing comfy about scammers.

What do you expect out of the sort of people who play competetive card games?

>muh launch dates
"it's done when it's done" is the most based form of doing things. I'd rather have a game release 10 years late or not at all than waste my time with a bad one.

shut up faggot

Why would any dev in their right mind go anywhere else BUT steam? you're essentially committing suicide if you sell your game anywhere else.

gabe is a relic of a bygone era. he's an old kook that has total control over his company which results in scams and years of lazy, stupid bullshit yes, but free of the soulless conformity of wall st.

i dont care i just want alyx 2

You can sell it on steam AND somewhere else you dumbfuck.

It kinda is Valve fault for false advertising the idea that Steam is a better platform and making every publisher try to make their customers be ok with 7 game launchers because it doesn't matter.

Valve made people want one thing but cause a huge problem later on when they are now banneding Russia and VN in JP.

The PC gaming community needs to let go of the idea of one gaming platform and bad things with 7 launchers. There is no reason one company rules the gaming platform more than others.

Modern Source games are required as exclusive as part of the licensing terms.

Who the fuck licenses the source engine in this day and age?

Stockholm Syndrome due to Steam really.
>You can only publish on one store.
Dumbass.

linux support and steam input.

>Never transparent with customers.
Do you not watch their open source repositories? Valve are one of the most transparent companies around, they just don't issue press releases until things are really ready to go now to counter act the 'Valve is slow' narrative.
If you were watching what they were working on Steam Deck for instance was no surprise at all.

The majority of issues are also brought up by the way they function by giving employees too much freedom.

>TF2 is a literal dumpster fire for 2 years.

>Eh, I don't want to work on it.

The launcher thing IS bad since they do the exact opposite of steam and quite literally force their launcher on you without giving you the choice.
A developer can put his game on steam and then go to GoG and put his game there aswell.
Now I as customer can pick if I want the DRM cancer steam launcher OR the fully DRM free GoG verison.
This is what Epic, EA, Take Two and Ubisoft don't want and quite literally force their launcher or you won't play the game at all.

How does it feel to know that practically nobody cares and that nothing will ever be done about it?

You mean publishing the source for their open source forks where the license requires them to keep the software open?

Im sure these licensed Half Life 2 mods are pulling in the big numbers.

That is why I must stand up and fight, rally the people to the cause.

Fpbp
Based user

One reason I really like them is because thier one of the very few multi-billion dollar private companies.

The bad thing is that Workshop integration is a pretty effective vendor lock-in mechanic for Valve.

calm down drama queen, this pasta has been around for like a year and no damage has been done to anything other then my sides

Again up to the modders to use it or host their stuff across multiple sites. The good ones put them on the nexus and moddb aswell.

People stopped worshipping Valve when they shamelessly jumped on the dota bandwagon and proceeded to produce nothing of interest for years afterwards. Even HL:A had an air of "about fucking time" to it with the VR exclusivity feeling more like a kick in the balls than a return to form. Their handling of TF2 is basically the final nail in the coffin for any respect they can hope to have as game devs.

that's really sad because it's only one person who posts it

but le gaben is based because he gave me free gaems, 10 years ago

Gamescope is open source, and it is an original Valve project there was nothing forcing them to open source it. Valve also contributes upstream on a number of projects even where the license does not require it. For instance they could have kept forked Mesa and kept all of their improvements for AMD drivers private.

Yes, Proton is a Wine fork, but its not really any different than the other Wine forks that already exist because they have a different focus and scope than the upstream version.

Dota is interesting, though.

>proceeded to produce nothing of interest for years afterwards.
Only Windows users believe this. Valve has been doing a ton of work behind the scenes for the last decade ever since Microsoft told them flat out that win32 PC games would no longer function on Windows in the future.

Good morning sir Ranjesh. Scammed any grandmas today?

Dota is one of the most shamelessly copied games in the industry with multiple devs having made their own version of it. Reminder that when asked why he hired the Narbacular Drop students Gaben's reason was that he'd seen student game projects before and Narbacular Drop was pretty much the only time he'd seen students actually make something original. By his own standard Valve would have been rejected for making Dota 2.

What have they done then?

obviously it's not, copypastas can be posted by more then one person.

Attached: 1631522997517.png (1196x621, 657.64K)

Contributed heavily to the only working drivers for AMD hardware in order to make them the best for gaming.
Instrumental in the creation of Vulkan and OpenGL 4.6.
Started contributing to Wine in order to have their officially supported Proton Win32 compatibility layer.
Hired and provided resources to the primary developer of DXVK, an implementation of D3D 9, 10 and 11 using Vulkan.
Contributed to the development of VKD3D, an implementation of D3D 12 using Vulkan.
Contributed to the development of Zink an implementation of OpenGL using Vulkan.
Developed Gamescope a display manager built on Wayland to optimize game performance and solve display related compatibility issues.
Developed Steam Input as a way to improve the 10 foot experience for PC gaming.

Some of these are cross-platform, some of them are only for GNU/Linux based OSes.
Some of the things that started as GNU/Linux only, strangely wound up helping gaming on Windows now that Microsoft has abandoned win32 and is having game compatibility issues across their increasingly fractured user base.

he's admitted to it before newfag

>makes a few good games.

Half life - game of the decade
Half life 2 - groundbreaking innovation, another game of the decade
Portal - best game ever made
Portal 2 - best story in a game ever
Half life and portal games connected universe - best lore in a game ever
Alyx - best gaming experience of our lives so far
Team fortress 2 - spent most of its lifetime as the best multiplayer team shooter
Every counter strike - each installation groundbreaking in the competetive scene
L4D - best zombie shooter ever, redefined coop mode.

>groundbreaking innovation
In what way?

The source engine? Physics-based props? Enviroment interaction not seen before?

All those axe cards bought and now... you can sell them even for a penny. So sad.

>Valve fault for false advertising the idea that Steam is a better platform
unlike... the other better platforms?

Faggot, if you really cared, you'd mod Artifact and make it into the game it was meant to be.

its not traditional pasta, its one man repeatedly vomiting pasta then eating the vomit pasta

>In what way?
You clearly didn't play HL2 upon release. The physics and the way they did story telling was insane back then.

>Enviroment interaction not seen before?
Theif had better environment interactions, moving a box so you can jump on it is not "groundbreaking"

Yes. All the artifact players are doing it.

you actually believe some random guy who said he's totally the only person who posts it and he really cares about artifact? pretending that there's an "artifact schizo" who's soley responsible for spamming the pasta in every valve thread for a year is part of the joke. it probably really was one guy initially but it sure as hell no longer is.

>you believe there are severe autists on Yea Forums?
yes I do

so when is it coming?

Attached: hl2.png (803x272, 35.23K)

>Artifact fanbase

Ok show me the Thief's weight puzzles.

Attached: bricks.jpg (1024x768, 83.51K)

>can move around blocks
WOAH 10/10 I heckin loved when a cutscene starts to play and the characters do lots of quips while I can throw boxes on them!

>Black and white came out years before HL2
>has far superior physic and environment interactions.
it's like people never played games on this board

I came here for the artifaggot post but we seem to have an impostor. Go away loser, only the original is good.

>Breakdown for Xbox comes out a full year before HL2
>Better Immersion, better first person fighting, better storyline than HL muddled mess of bullshit
>HL2 worshiped because of "muh physics"

>595618079
>even shilling material is a bootleg
chinkoids are being chinkoids even at shilling, I guess

>does nothing
>anons are thrown into a frothing rage
It's like that cat comic, how are they so based?

So you can't. Too ez.