April 14 2022, I am forgotten

April 14 2022, I am forgotten...

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 596.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/steam-deck-gpu
youtube.com/watch?v=bLdhgYn79eU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For me.

Attached: IMG_5345.jpg (1564x1147, 172.39K)

mine should arrive next week :) i'm a big fan of emulation, so i'll probably make a few threads here and in /vr/ to let people know what stuff runs best and how.

ign.com/articles/steam-deck-gpu
Keep crying, lol, people are having fun with it

Currently modding stardew valley on it to play it during a week long trip :)
Never got around to playing it more than one season before

if you want to play BLOOD and DOOM64,make sure to use native ports like DOOM CE and raze,KEX games can have big stutter on proton.
t.linux fren

As long as Linux gaming continues to improve the Deck becoming a success is whatever. It will satisfy the niche that wanted it.
Gaming on Linux got this far without it and while the Deck may speed things along, it's not required.

Attached: Strikers.png (1958x1197, 2.26M)

Ever thus to scammers.

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

>be Q1chad
>play some PS2 like a chad
>getting 50% speed
>wtf
>OpenGL runs like shit
>Vulkan runs even worse
>try software renderer for the hell of it
>runs perfectly at full speed with 4 render threads
What did AMD GPU drivers mean by this?

Attached: 1607085370117.gif (128x128, 98.26K)

desktop mode or dedicated steam ui mode? supposedly desktop mode has limited cpu resources

>mfw I'm a Q3

Attached: 1642992384440.jpg (1132x1080, 115.06K)

>bad OGL and vulkan performance
that's strange cause mesa drivers shouldn't have this issue.

>Q2
>still no mail
>can't put more than 500€ into my steam wallet without changing the payment method
I suffer.

nope, the only reason its "forgotten" is because its not easily purchasable. People are literally buying them for $1000+ on eBay, thats how much hype there is.

april 15th is my birthday too, gonna be a good day

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 10-08-34 Detailed Tracking.png (1975x667, 65.27K)

I just don't understand the target audience for this. Anyone who uses steam isn't thinking "oh man I love Fallout NV, I just wish I could play it at the park! man I LOVE Dota 2, why can't I play it at my favorite coffee shop."
Like at least Nintendo has games where the main focus is socializing or local multiplayer (i.e. animal crossing, mariokart, ssbu, etc.), but if you saw an obvious Valvetard out in public with or without this, you'd probably call animal control

Attached: 1620786285812.png (1167x1200, 2.97M)

I just installed Windows on it, fuck you and your commie system, go work in making the screen not tear anymore, what is this 1995?

>I just don't understand the target audience for this
emulation past ps2, whats hard to understand?

i dont forget mine, i keep it by my bed to play when i'm winding down.

>Like at least Nintendo has games where the main focus is socializing or local multiplayer
nintendo fanboys dont do this

You're free to downgrade your Deck. It's a PC after all.

Attached: Advertiser Friendly Memories.png (1106x712, 320.47K)

but who is it FOR???

>No audio drivers
>Oversized touch keyboard that seems unfixable
I'm not using Windows 11 on Deck until these are fixed.

for OP and her threads!

>Be able to play any game ever
>"Downgrade"
This is your brain on linux

>finally get email on monday
>instantly pay up like a good goy
>delivery next tuesday
Fuck valve and their lazy asses. Coulda shipped the next day instead of waiting.
Starting to think artifact scam user was right
Starting to think

because games starting is the only metric, nothing of performance or battery life.
this is just your brain.

>Games starting is the only metric
>Have Linux, no game starts
>Have Windows, every game starts
What's your point?

Instead of buying a steam deck I bought a gaming PC. Now I can actually play modern games at a stable 60+ fps

my point was in the original post you replied to, "as long as linux gaming continues to improve".
something in that post inspired you to deny reality and bring up Windows when nobody asked.

Attached: katamari.png (1410x887, 688.73K)

I've had shipments come from Japan to my house faster than fedex

many people do,also alot of people travel too much for even a bulky gaming laptop,but still prefer the niceties of PC.

>playing modern games
lol
lmao

Linux has had time to improve, I'm not waiting, I have the product on my hands right now, linux is shit and no amount of live support is going to make it not shit, in 10 years it will still be shit and so in 20

k

>literally making a thread about it
>"forgotten"
OP, clearly you need to start charging the Steam Deck rent if you're gonna let it live in your head.

I am getting mine on Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

Attached: 1643413857418.png (560x419, 340.07K)

>thinks anyone has the opinion that a deck should replace a gaming PC 100% of the time (or even a majority)

hes making a thread because theres no other ones

Can you run games windowed in desktop mode?

Attached: when.png (440x171, 21.78K)

>windowed
yes
>windows*
if it works in proton,then yes. (just know that i think half the cores are disabled by default in desktop mode)

Only reason it failed was because it relies on proton so much, they should have waited and released it as a windows machine like literally every other pc handheld did. Linux shit is niche, only reason people wanted a Deck is to play PC games, it falls flat on its face when not even half your library works on it.
Normies aren't used to swap os and mess with their systems, hopefully Valve realized this and the next version comes with Windows pre-installed, again, should they have waited for full Windows support they would have saved themselves all the humiliation

The only games in my library that don't work are EAC cancer, cope harder shill

It's not a PC if it deletes all your data and you need to sign a contract to make it work.

You know you can use windows without a license and don't pay a cent right? What exactly am I shilling, retard?

>deletes all your data
Evidence or GTFO

Play Genshin Impact on it

>play skinnerbox gacha mobage cancer
If I was that desperate I'd just dual boot into Windows, thankfully I'm not actually that desperate.

>Linux is great, you don't need Windows
>I'll just dual boot Windows
Lmao

>it's not a PC if it deletes all your data and you need to sign a contract to make it work
>he says unironically as he installs Windows, the OS known for randomly deleting your data and that you have to sign a contract for in order to install and use

he is probably being retarded and is confusing root files with user files.
a vast majority of games work with proton,and stuff like AMD drivers are alot nicer under linux.
theres a launcher for it,you can find it if you look.
will spoonfeed if you can't find it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bLdhgYn79eU
remember to like comment and subscribe

>tendie pedos keep spamming the same thread instead of playing on his 10fps tablet
lol

Our year.

>Play Monster Hunter Rise on Switch
Wow, that's so social!
>Play the same game on Steam Deck, but with better graphics and twice the frames per second
But who is this for?

>Anyone who uses steam isn't thinking "oh man I love Fallout NV, I just wish I could play it at the park!
wrong, I bought one for playing whatever I want in bed. I love it, it’s like the promise of the Switch finally made good on.

Attached: 1641659857183.png (1196x621, 657.64K)

>waited and released it as a windows machine
Valve had been working on AMD drivers for a decade waiting for there to be working ones so they could release a device of their own that could compete with consoles on price.
How much longer were they supposed to wait? It should be abundantly clear by their own statements that AMD only supports their official driver for a limited number of professional applications.
Gaming performance of the official driver is an afterthought and they will tell you themselves if you want to game that you should upgrade to a platform with the Mesa drivers.

> full Windows support
Not even Windows has full win32 game support anymore. That's the whole reason the Deck and Proton exist. Microsoft has no interest in maintaining support for what they see as "legacy" games. Even when those games are major AAA titles released in 2022 like Elden Ring which performs terribly with Microsoft's win32 compatibility layer.

No, I don’t think I will.

>Your expected order availability: Q3 (July-September) 2022

Attached: AAAAGH.jpg (591x559, 125.13K)

>I just installed Windows on it, fuck you and your commie system, go work in making the screen not tear anymore, what is this 1995?

Attached: bootlicker.jpg (500x329, 52.47K)

>Windows
>on a device with AMD hardware

Attached: 1643234902424.webm (854x480, 2.57M)

Windows is not a console-like experience. Literally no console runs Windows, even Microsoft's own Xbox. Sony, Nintendo, all game companies would vastly prefer to have low-level access to the hardware they ship and Valve is no different. It's why we have things like built-in FSR, frame limiter, suspend-resume. Chink devices have to ship Windows as a crutch because it's all they got.

didn't one of them say they would start shipping with SteamOS?

What a NEET opinion. Let me know when you go on business trips every month and have to lug around a laptop case + accessories. The Steam Deck is a godsend.

Yes OneXPlayer may start shipping SteamOS on their AMD devices. I imagine Valve wants SteamOS to become the next Android, with companies shipping their own versions of it and expanding the Linux market share so people have a place to play games if Microsoft ever decides to start monopolizing.

>Microsoft ever decides to start monopolizing.
They were convicted of abusing their monopoly over 20 years ago and they never stopped.
The whole reason Windows is terrible for gaming, doesn't have working AMD drivers, and doesn't have good gamepad support is Microsoft wants to force people to buy an Xbox.

It's a trillion dollar company (3rd largest ON EARTH) and their most popular product is free. Think about this for two seconds.