BOTW 2 has no excuse for reusing the same world and taking so long

Imagine the backlash if Elder Scrolls 6 was released with the same map as Skyrim. There's no excuse for Nintendo taking so long with this game. There's no way to defend this. I

Attached: 3522.png (775x1079, 1.61M)

Sneed

>daily cry about unreleased game thread
Get a job

They delayed it because of Elden Ring.

Cope

Attached: 1648571158386.jpg (2157x1079, 488.63K)

not an argument

they dont need excuses.. they are making a game.. they dont owe you anything.. if they want to release it in 2050 they can.. nobody has played the game to know what it has.. at least wait till it comes out to shit on it, get a life.

The reason why it takes so long is literally because they're changing the world.

They only said that it will be set in the same world, but they said nothing like it's gonna be the exact same map just with a different story on top of it.
Everyone reading it like that is a retard.

Snoys can't cope.

daily reminder snoys are falseflagging so they can steer the attention away from their plagship product getting outsold by Tiny Tina

im thinking its time for another thread

Attached: 1649864664401.png (1784x1668, 1.04M)

They have a very good excuse. BotW sold a gorrillion units and nintendo doesn't give a shit about anything other than chasing the cashcow anymore. They know the fanbase will bend over backwards defending it for free and will slurp it up anyway.

If they were truly chasing the cashcow they would have released it by now. There's no cash if there's no product.

Maybe they're changing the world more...?

>make xpac
>its taking too long we better add more content
>oops its taking too long again we better add more content
>its now a full on sequel
>... we better add more content

I don't think they had a clear enough roadmap
>Probably took them longer than it should have to get started. Too dumb to see what a good idea an asset flip was until fans immediately begged for it.
>Covid happens and Nintendo is among the biggest developers least prepared for it
>At this point way more time has passed between games than they anticipated
>Whatever they had planned as expansions to the map (sky stuff) is now not nearly worth the time they've been delayed
>Additionally, it's possible that they concluded reusing the same overworld just did not offer enough fun novelty
>Major shift in priorities after new mechanical foundations are added; Blow up the sky stuff by multiple magnitudes to the point where it's the main selling point rather than the revamped original map
It's still not nearly ambitious enough to warrant the wait. I have no doubt the game will be great but the problem is the game being great is my bear minimum expectation.

On the bright side, botw's map was the epitome of unforgettable maps, so it'll feel totally fresh when the rehash it in the sequel

Games been done for two years they’re just delaying it so it can be a switch 2 launch title

Which shipped video games have you worked on

joke's on you I come on this board only when I'm at work

I think it's a cool idea as long as they overhaul it enough

no chance nintendo said switch is half its life still.. it comes out 2023

maybe the delayed to add more things and to give more time for the switch pro to sell bundle.. not a new system but an upgrade.

>browses a website where loli is posted frequently and people throw the word nigger around constantly and is known by normies as basically being full of pedos and racists
are you trying to get fired or

bro dont you get tired of saying the same thing over and over?
this is a nintendo problem. no one else should give a shit

Defend or attack what?
It's too early to say anything about the game. Can't you wait?!
Thanks for using your brain.
>It's still not nearly ambitious enough to warrant the wait
HOW do you know?

Attached: 1541462264182.png (168x200, 29.12K)

Autists have this problems with repetition. It's why you see the same threads over and over and over on Yea Forums: you can bet it's an autist insisting on a subject.

very small company, my pc isn't monitored and I'm always ready to alt tab in case one of the three other people in the office comes near me. Also boomers in my country have no idea what Yea Forums even is and I avoid the lewd threads just to be safe

>lol it’s supposed to come out in 18
>it’s supposed to come out in 19
>surely 20
>well covid so 21
>pls understand 22
>23 for sure this time guys were definitely not pulling some shit when majoras mask a similar project only took a year

>small company
Omg you work at Nintendo?

Your "argument" is based on a hypothetical scenario. Cope.

damn you got me. Yeah, we have four people in total working our asses off to make BotW2, I come on Yea Forums to shitpost a little and what do I see? Some goddamn NIGGER making a thread to complain that we are reusing the same map as the first game. He doesn't understand a thing.

The only release date ever given was 2022 before the delay. You're a fucking spaz.

>if i say there will be a switch 2 next year every year it will eventually be true

Fuck you. All these switch pro rumours have always been bullshit.

Maybe it's taking so long because they aren't reusing assets

dont give a shit about zelda, Elden Ring will be better then anything they can come up with. Even dark souls 1 is a better zelda.

Did you see that BotW 1 is still selling at full price? No reason to start a new gravy train before the old one ends, they don't give a shit about people who bought a Switch and BotW six years ago and had nothing to play in the meantime

Or maybe they are and they're just delaying it to ensure a game is ready for their next system.

This opinion is fucking retarded even though it makes people feel inteligent about themselves.

Nintendo has struggled to have strong first party games until late 2021 since 2018. If they had a quick buck sequel they would have released it a while ago. Also, the switch 2 thing is just obsessive at this point. The thing is selling like hotcakes and the competence is struggling with supplies because releasing new systems now is a bitch. They have said multiple times for years that they are in no hurry to release a new system, which makes sense if you dont have brain problems.

The new zelda is obviously not just a map rehash of BotW if they dont even want to share the fucking name of the game. You guys dont know nintendo at all.

there really isn't and there won't be real dungeons or story this time either. Just 100 more sky shrines that journalists will clap over.

Prove it wrong. You can't. Stay mad.

you don't know nintendo and their love of doing stupid shit
may as well wait for the new system to ensure it has a strong launch title if they're lazily reusing the same map. the more people remember about the first game, the more disappointing botw2 will be

Because the BOTW1 overworld is clearly acting as some sort of hub to a new or multiple new overworlds, of which they have to make.

I mean yeah the complaint is still somewhat there if they're using the same assets, but we've barely seen anything. For all we know they've changed everything.

This just doomposting. Nintendo does stupid shit but not this kind of stupid shit.

If you think they will allow people to create high expectations for a sequel to their most beloved, critically acclaimed and successful product in more than 10 years only for them to deliver what they would know to be an underdeveloped subproduct, that's quite some deep fried cynicism on your behalf.

dude I never thought they'd stick season passes and tons of physical dlc into zelda either. zelda was supposed to be their baby. they don't care anymore

If you're comparing developping and adding dlc content
to a successful game post release to just sitting on a mediocre sequel for years, then i dont know what to tell you. You're either too hurt by the industry or a falseflagger.

I'm saying the decisions they make are financial based, not what's best for the game itself
waiting and guaranteeing a big launch title for their next system makes sense considering it's worked well for them twice before and they might not think they'd make it in time if they released botw2 and had to start developing a new zelda game

>the BOTW1 overworld is clearly acting as some sort of hub to a new or multiple new overworlds
What are you basing this on

Attached: thinkgineer.jpg (659x640, 23.1K)

>BOTW 2 has no excuse for reusing the same world and taking so long
Doesn't that depend? What if they've made an entirely new world in addition to the old one? Wouldn't that kind of work as an excuse if that's what you insist on calling it?

Do you even know when the game was first revealed?

A dream I had 11 years ago.

they are literally adding a map bigger than the original one on top of the first one retard

But their financial decisions are long term, and they greatly prioritize delivering solid titles of their important IPs over conveniencies like that, since these games are what create fans and trust in the consumers long term. You cannot have nintenfriends if you dont give them reasons to be so eavery once in a while. Also Botw and TP were successfully strategised to release with new consoles, but none of these felt like lazy asset flips from previous games, and their development just sort of aligned with the new consoles, year up, year down and both gamecube and wiiU were struggling machines that were pretty much corpses by the time these were going to release.
This is not the case with the switch, which still has first category shit in the oven like bayonetta 3 and metroid prime 4, yet the press has been desperately trying to kill it for some mindboggling reason for years by predicting it dead by next year for 4 years already.

Zelda will release in early 2023 and it will be a proper zelda entry by itself, with fans that love it and others that hate it with a passion.

>Zelda will release in early 2023 and it will be a proper zelda entry by itself
Lets hope. What will actually happen is that even the fans won't love it. They'll be disappointed because the series they loved is no more

This but unironically

Attached: Sneed_Cat.gif (368x368, 2.98M)

That's what I'm scared of too. BotW2 is their last shot for me. Zelda was the only thing that really kept me around this long. If it's just more BotW I'm done with Nintendo for good.

>What will actually happen is that even the fans won't love it. They'll be disappointed because the series they loved is no more
Shitposters on Yea Forums are not indicative of the majority of the Zelda franchise. You and I both know that even if the game was dogshit normalfags will still eat it up

>even if the game was dogshit normalfags will still eat it up
Of course they will and that's part of the problem. BotW brought in shitloads of new people. That doesn't go against what he said.

I bring my underage black gf to work every week AND i call her nigger

>BotW brought in shitloads of new people.
Which doesn't matter because beforehand the majority of the fanbase was still normalfags that don't have any strong negative opinions over any of the games as a whole. I don't know why we are pretending like Zelda isn't an exceedingly popular and easily accessible game series that already had a fuckton of casual fans. even before BotW.

Nobody said anything about casuals who'll just eat up whatever is popular, they said fans.

>casual fans aren't fans of a casual series because they aren't super autistic with extremely high standards
ok pal