Defend this

Attached: m0lznimpzat71[1].jpg (946x588, 67.45K)

I don't need to defend shit, Dread is fantastic and Hollow Knight is also good. Your bait is stale. Talk about good metroidvanias in this thread

Nintendo prices their games way higher than they should be

Hollow Knight received DLC with extra content where as Metroid Dread is still only the base game

And I mean, the only real problem here is the price, Dread should be 40$ at most, I think Hollow Knight is the better game here but longer doesn't equal to better everytime

axiom verge

I actually enjoyed dread and 100% it
can't say the same for holloknight
but this is the way of the world, if you're a big name you can sell for big money

As usual, fpbp.

Hollow Knight's rooms are too big desu.

>its okay when Nintendo does it

Metroidvanias suck

You mean for a total of 75 dollars I can get 2 fantastic games with lots of replay value? Sign me up

the world didn't deserve hollow knight, it was too good. enjoy never getting silksong

>game with replay value
>game without replay value
I don't need to defend anything. both is free for me

>Nintendo prices their games way higher than they should be
They don't, actually. Keeping prices up is how you maintain a brand's quality status. If Sony, Microsoft, and all the other indies could do it they would. They just don't have the power of a Nintendo brand backing them. And to be fair, Nintendo games are quality most of the time.

Attached: DQf3eL0UEAEyX7D.png (540x540, 206.92K)

Well, ignoring the bait image. It's disgusting how bigger devs started to make more games with indie tier production values but still charge full price for them. Games of similar quality sell for three times as much just because one has a bigger publisher backing it.

On that note, Axiom Verge 2 is a huge disappointment. Massive, MASSIVE downgrade to the first, it's so fucking sad.
The game is like 3 hours long and ends in the most retarded way. Fuck that game. Yes I'm mad, because I paid money to get a less than subpar product when I was expecting more good exploration like the first game offered.

Supply and demand. People willing to pay $60? Then $60 is what they’ll charge. It’s that simple

Economics 101 should be a grade school requirement

>noooooooo hollow knight is so much better!!!
would you pay $60 for it
>lmao no
then shut the fuck up

BASED!

Nintendo remakes a single game boy game for 60$ with technical problems

Activision remakes three PS1 games for 40$

Is not quality, people are just retarded and keep showing Nintendo that doesn't matter what shit they make people will pay full price for it, I don't blame Nintendo for this but the die hard fans that refuses to see anything wrong in Nintendo

Playing devil's advocate here, Metroid is still an established franchise by a reputable business. Hollow Knight is an unknown indie game by an unknown developer. Maybe in the future they can make a new game as valuable as Metroid but this is what the state of things are regardless of how you feel about the games. Also there's like 3D models and whatnot in the other game, no? Whereas the other is like drawn animation sprites made in unity, not much to it.

Hollow Knight mogs the 'metroidvania' genre. They should be called hollow-likes now.

One game has a troon faggot character, one doesn't. Simple

They both sold around 2.8 million titles despite the price difference.
Metroid is worth the price hence why people paid it.
Hollow knight could try to sell at the same price point however it would suffer as a result.
At the end of the day, sell things for what they are worth.

Hollow Knight is decent but it's nowhere near as good as people make it out to be. It's pretty overrated at this point. People who sing nothing but praise about it need to play more games of the genre because clearly they haven't.

oh no, two great games! woe is me!

Don't know why Dread is considered to have good replayabilty, I didn't have any desire to play again. Then again I didn't pay for it so no need to justify spending $60 on 7 hours of content.

I think I got hollow knight on humble bundle and never played it lmao

the fact that Yea Forums thinks publishers price their game lower than $60 because they actually want to is hilarious. Like no retards, these game companies aren't your friends trying to cut you a fucking a deal LMAO. They would sell them at 100 if they could.

Attached: f414eea56706eb2ea86645d0202e482a198b9d84.jpg (2688x1920, 945.94K)

>still butthurt over his shit indie game

FPBP

How long is Hollow Knight when you cut out all the boring walking?

Done

Attached: yar.jpg (936x892, 155.53K)

you didn't beat the games

I said most of the time. Maybe if they released games with technical problems more often, then you'd have a valid argument. But as it stands, no.
>people are just retarded and keep showing Nintendo that doesn't matter what shit they make people will pay full price for it
People are retarded, yes. But you are also retarded for pushing this notion that Nintendo produces shit games with technical problems all the time. Reputation is essentially trust. To the larger world, Nintendo hasn't broken that reputation. That's why they can charge what they charge. Like another user said, Economics 101.

>Metroid Dread
>replay value
huh? other than the new Boss Rush mode, which you will get bored of in a day, it has 0 replay value

If you seriously think shit like 1-2-Switch and Super Mario Maker should be $60, they you ought to take that cock out of your mouth.

They're both free on PC.

>Still doing the same HK bait threads
I respect the dedication.

Based nintendo shill damage controlling
Fpbp

I'll pay $60 for Silksong if it is a tight 7 hours experience rather than a drawn out 26+ hour experience.

get ready to be disappointed then, after 4 years expect it to be padded to hell and back

All games cost 0$ so this doesn't mean anything

>not pirating both

>hollow knight by team cherry
worth $10
>hollow knight by nintendo
$120 minimum

What will Silksong get if it ever releases? HK was still relatively small when it got 90 so I'm expecting with hype bonus points Silksong will be 95+

the first 7 hours of hollow knight are already better than all of metroid dread, and they're not even the best part of the game

the incompetent industry caters to indecisive consumers
it's the same thing as getting underpaid for your first job because there's no ethical consumption under capitalism :)

>maintain a brand's quality status
More Money =/= Quality

I like Metroid and I liked Dread cuz free aim even though melee counter is stupid overpowered and 1 shots everything that isn't a boss.

I don't like "metroidvanias." I like Metroid and Castlevania. Making your own metroidvania doesn't automatically mean I'm going to like it, especially if it has some gay cutesydark reddit artstyle where I play as a big headed small bodied baby.

No I don't. I just think that Nintendo using their brand power is a valid business practice. That's not sucking cock, that's called using your brain, something you probably don't have.

It's the illusion of quality they're selling, since common sense dictates higher price = better quality. And since Nintendo's games are largely known for quality, they can afford to price their games at launch price while the others can't.

based

This kind of raw numbers comparison is for armchair analists who don't actually play games. There are so many other obvious factors that decide whether a game is worth what you paid or not
Also FWIW I scored a used copy of Dread for $40 very shortly after release, and it didn't take long to find

fpbp as always

>since common sense dictates higher price = better quality.
t.16yo

>Nintendo's games are largely known for quality,
t.16yo

>liking good games is shilling

Paying any amount of money for any video game is pathetic lmao.

People did and do.

Attached: AA86F0B8-1991-4DD8-A17E-7A8E7EF487B9.jpg (1242x805, 136.86K)

Metroid is actually a good game

Hollow Knight is a bargain bin game. It's on GamePass, the bargain bin of today.

>another fucking zoomer idiot that thinks a longer game is worth more money
When will you fuckers go back to tiktok?

Attached: 1615567530122.png (341x372, 25.58K)

It just shows how pit of touch Nintendo and it's fanbase are.

Nintendo still thinks that what was ok for the SNES is still ok 3 decades later. And only their fanbase enables them due to brand attachment.

Meanwhile Hollow Knight shows how the industry moved on. It cucks Dread on every level, and is cheaper. Free market take it or leave it.

Nintenkids are best left alone. They'll keep buying.

HK is such boring garbage, shoudve been 2 hours game

>haven't played Metroid Dread
>Hollow Knight is garbage, and an excellent example of why I should never listen to Yea Forums and their recommendations
There you go.

Spbp

if nintendo made hollow knight you would hear the entire industry shit its pants about the "masterpiece" for decades