English "translation" of Japanese games

What's the solution to this huge issue that will never be fixed?

Attached: Skies of Arcadia 2000.jpg (558x415, 103.42K)

and I don't mean personal solution like "learn japanese fag" but solution for industry as a whole so everyone can play japanese games as the creator intended.

I'm amazed nips don't sue these trannyslators

They're oblivious. as long as it sells, they don't care. and average consumers don't care either.

Contact the Japanese company.

Or keep crying about it on twit… err … keep crying about it on Yea Forums

>oh no the game is exactly like my heckin japperinos intended!!!!
>muh profound message of hitting on highschool freshmen will be lost!!!
who gives a shit

>they don't care. and average consumers don't care either

Attached: 1649939738636.jpg (229x343, 29.81K)

>US has no respect for anything that's foreign
I'm shocked.

Their job isn't to stay faithful to a script, it's to turn a product into something that will sell overseas. If the resulting script is good and nobody ever complains about its quality or notices the rewrites without doing research into the original script, then they succeeded.

they're the most xenophobic people on earth yet they preach about diversity and acceptance.

Not him, he already discarded learning Japanese.

Their job is to translate, fuck yourself with a knife

Japanese have no fucking shame.

They let westerners fuck them in the ass and laugh about it.

Never this happen to chinese and korean.

korean and chinese didn't let their name order get reversed by the US like japanese.

1. If your hobby/activity has these subhuman people involved, it isn't that valuable in the first place.
2. Caring about story in games is utter cringe.

Just quit bitching and learn Japanese
Actually get some shit done for once

Yep.

Fuck the japs, I swear to god, they have no pride.

such defeatist attitude.
>just let them shit on your hobby! not like it matters anyway!

Don't be like the japs.
Have pride, fuck the westerners up.

LoR TLer is watson, the furry transgender.

He did a terrible job at first.

Why don't they hide singaporean or SEA to do the translation then?

why don't you learn japanese then?

Fans develop a spine and start treating studios that do this kind of localization the way muslims do people who blaspheme their prophet.

learn Japanese or stfu

Fuck you.
Why do the japs bow down to westerners?

So what else do you want to do?
Share your brilliant plan with me.

Stop buying jap games.
Support based chinese and korean and russian games.

stick to European translations

Nips can't be arsed to check every single godforsaken localization because they don't know english (or any other language) or western culture in general (and they hardly care about it). If Joe-sama told them that anime girls will offend the average burger-eating gaymer and that rewriting the whole game will get them more sales, they will let the localization team do it.
Even your so-called heroes of the autistically-accurate translations gave up a long time ago because they know translating anime girls going "kyaaa~" is a fucking ungrateful job will only get you a miserable salary. Being well-versed in a new language will open far more interesting opportunities and you need to be an fucking retard to waste this skill on localizing fucking anime for some weeaboo faggots that can't even be arsed to understand what their waifu is actually saying. That is why the only people working on game translation/localization are low-skill retards and failed fanfiction writers.
This will never change, this is the future you chose. tl;dr learn japanese fag

Attached: 1326883359262.jpg (477x502, 68.15K)

thank god I dont have to suffer english translations. Thank god I was born in a country with a proper mother tongue.

seethe weeb

They can give games to SEA or chinese/korean translators.

why would i want to learn a useless language tho?

This is proof that Kojima actually cares about his games. The first MGS was translated by some hack who rewrote a bunch of shit and admitted to self-inserting as Snake. Kojima promptly fired the guy and made sure that the localisation of later games actually matched the original script.

its not useless if you want to play the game with its original script. If you dont care about this, than you dont have to bother with it.

stop buying trash with bad translations. find a way for game translations to be respectable work for professionals and not for mentally ill weebs.

And it was a downgrade because the Twin Snakes script is objectively worse than MGS1 script.

Does anyone really learn a language just for games? As long as the gameplay is fun, who cares. But well, good for you if that is your motivation

> Doesn't impact the enjoyment of your game.
Only fat, sweaty palemeats with a fleshlight Pokemon plushie collection melt down over a dead language.

You can also give it to DeepL and you will get the same result for free.

Zoomer detected.

>Korean name
>Sabotaging japanese stuff and trying to supplant them instead of being interesting on their own like the other non-chink asian countries
Checks out.
Fuck Korea

So that's why in Twin Snakes everyone suddenly acts autistic

Ban Videogame Translations.

a lot of foreign translations nowadays use the english script as base. no one is safe from the mutt's vile disrespect towards everything

>Localizers not respecting the source material is ba-

Attached: 435cbb505f184f2f3b53f9a58d3b2012.jpg (467x700, 57.27K)

MGS PS1 is pure kino though. Is there some sort of translation comparison out there?

You have two options. First is to learn Japanese. Second is to publicly execute the people who do this to games. But we both know you'll take the third option, whining about it on the internet for the next decade, because that takes no effort on your part.

Exception not the rule

As someone that uses DeepL from time to time, it's not good enough. It's better than Jewgle translate but it still shits itself with more complex sentences, don't even get me started on wordplay where it completely shits itself so hard that it just outputs romaji instead of translating.

>Complains about the fact that a good script wasn't a perfect machine translation from the original language

Attached: apropos.png (380x378, 20.52K)

Learn japanese and apply for the job.

>learn Japanese
Implying Japanese releases won't eventually get fucked over as well.

It's already fucked.
Contents for both japanese and global versions are the same nowadays. everything is """""adjusted"""" during the development.

>I went home when the recording was finished, and the audio went to Japan, where Kojima heard it. It was my understanding that he loved it. He enjoyed it so much that he decided he wanted to create a release called Metal Gear Solid: Integral so players could play the Japanese audio with English subtitles, or vice versa.

>Kojima promptly fired the guy and made sure that the localisation of later games actually matched the original script.
>Proceeded to hire someone who barely knew Japanese and hated video games but acted like she was the sole reason the game's writing was good.

Attached: 1649837721390.png (1879x2273, 791.14K)

NO

I WILL NOT BUY JAP GAMES WHO KEK ON THEIR TRANSLATION

GO CHINA
GO KOREA

>the localisation of later games actually matched the original script
lol

That was Agnes Kaku or whatever her name was, right? It's amazing that MGS2 is even coherent despite all the mishandling of some of the translation; I'm surprised to this day there's not a legends of localization article on MGS2. At least Blaustein's added flavor text and action movie quips don't mess with the story or messages.

It isn't defeatist attitude, it is proper masculine attitude. I play games for gameplay, not some cringe story.
I am 30.
I play games for gameplay, story is the least important element of a game.
See the gameplay sequence in the webm? that alone is worth a thousand times more than all video game stories ever made combined.

Attached: 1649717299102.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

You are just a fucking cuck, they cuck out on the translation and you just cope.

>buttonmashfaggotry
kirby is harder than that trash

Based. Kojima's awful at storytelling. The script of TS is clunky as shit

This is a blast from the past, actually, because we are talking about a translation/localization practices of 2001/2 here. Back in the day american publishers literally did not believe in the posibility of anime having non-children audiences. It's the same time the AMAZINGLY botched translation of Princess Mononoke was released.

The major alteration here was not motivated politically, but it was build off (at the time wide-spread) american major publishing assuming all animated content is supposed to be aimed at very young children.
The story of Skies of Arcadia was rewritten under those assumptions. The story was rewriteen to be 100% child friendly, including removing all mentions of alcohol, cigarettes, any and all forms of vulgarity, any character traits that were seen as potentialy confusing to child audience.

Back in the day, this was the normal US practice for localization of all Anime-related content, and was entirely caused by old, conservative publishers.
It's in many ways the opposite of the situation today.

All of it was done not only with aproval, but AT THE DEMAND of Sega, because again: Their understanding of the market was that such a game can and will only apply to audiences between 8-14 years of ages, not even dreaming anyone outside of that demographic would take any interested in anything this stylized.

It all boils down to the japanese having no pride in their work.

They literally regard their pop culture as trash to be mold by superior westerners.