When did "it" happen to you, Yea Forums?

When did "it" happen to you, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1520907899074.png (1439x1079, 982.47K)

Right now

It hasn't.

a nigger just tongue my anus right now

when I was 11 in 2009 and started browsing Yea Forums. i could relate to others less and less past that point.

Like 10 years ago when Skyrim brought in a bunch of normalfags who get off on empty open worlds

i'm EXTREMELY smart so it will never happen to me

In high school, though it really only hit a few years later when I realized CoD was a multimillion seller that people got hyped for rather than just shovelware.

It didn't
Being a manchild makes me immune

What's scary is getting old itself. And they're scared of the youth I'm general. I generally like change but getting old sucks.

I was never really into the "popular" games, when I was a kid most games except sports "games" were not socially acceptable. Minecraft is the most popular game I play but I only play heavily modded with GregTech 6 so even then it's not exactly popular with the masses

Let's play videos.

Attached: FPXrcm4WUAIAUNK.jpg (1077x1076, 159.8K)

never, instead I discovered sturgeon's law and saw how it applied to every fucking thing

What is it?

When MW2 came out and everyone was obsessed with movie shooters with zero freedom and multiplayer on tiny arenas

regarding video games? must've been around 2003/2004 when the great consolization began and a lot of my favorite franchises were dumbed down.
regarding life in general? 2014. I could no longer resonate with normies after that year.

No way man, we're going to keep on shitposting forever.
Soon I will celebrate my 50th birthday and "it" still has not happened.

Attached: Untitled.png (299x194, 68.67K)

Fortnite, discord, tiktok.

Yea Forums is too young to get this joke.

after about 2007 i stop understanding references to most things but it's not that big a deal really, it just feels weird when i have to google something someone's said to understand it and it turns out to be something a decade old with tens of millions of active fans

Yes, yes and yes.

When I was 9 and people suddenly decided Pokemon wasn't cool anymore.

>11 in 2009
you have to be at least 18 to post here

Young people still watch popular old things.

i dropped popular music when i was like fifteen and the last TV shows i watched were king of the hill and malcolm in the middle. i have always refused the "it"

Dude, you need to be born in the 80s to understand that joke when it came out.

Also i'm sure none of you fuckers is 50, the joke literally doesn't apply to you nor your nostalgia.

15 or so years ago, when video games and the internet started rising into the mainstream eye, and when social media truly started becoming something everyone used.
I have been left behind and I do not want to catch up.

most of the game franchises I enjoyed as a kid are dead or have gone to shit, it takes work to get yourself to enjoy new vidya but it's more rewarding

Late 80s births are in their early 30s now.

you are now aware that 2009 was 20 years ago

It almost happened to me when people started having violently shit opinions when it comes to do with tf2.
Being a former server host though, I know this is entirely down to the AGGRESSIVE grooming in the community to astroturf shit opinions about the game and said groomers managing to get Valve to basically kill off every small user server there is.

Attached: 0921389110209.jpg (750x750, 44.55K)

before i was born
i was 60 when i was 6

I got 40 during covid and I genuinely feel like the 2 years of lockdown were a time travel 30 years in the future.

when they started this push for faggots women niggers and trannys.

when I was 17, I saw glimpses of teletubbies, barney the dinosaur, night garden, spongebob squarepants on tv and thought, geez kids are gonna be weird because of these stupid shows
fast forward about 20 years, and you're all fucking weird and like shit games

since 2007~2008 with smart phones and social media

i feel that way about e-celebs, i see all these names thrown around and i never have any fucking idea who people like linkara, TGWTG, boogie, etc. are. i am too old to understand the appeal of following what these e-celebs do or say on a daily basis

I'm 23, it didnt happen yet

>Games
Around the end of the 7th gen. When western AAA became about yearly releases, loot boxes and open world shit.
>Movies
Capeshit, around the release of Avengers
>TV series
Netflix making the mainstream shows and shoving gay shit everywhere.

>80s to 2022 is 50ish years.
nice math
>i'm sure none of you fuckers is 50
is 50. the word is "are" nigger.

Not yet but it's coming, I feel it

It hasn't. I understand the media of today, its just shit.

it just sounds like you don't like soithings, doesn't really have to do with the meme of getting older since some old dudes pander to that stuff too

Also genuinely this.
The fact I can just hop onto newgrounds and find stuff that's new and not shit blew this shit wide open.

Maybe
But I guess what changed is that before I used to enjoy the mainstream. Now I can't stand most of the things that are popular and have to get by you the niche stuff

I’m 32 and fucking young 20 somethings so I don’t think it’s happened yet.

Generation leaps happen when you are completely out of the loop, You still know what fortnite is, hell you probably played it but you will have 0 common ground to talk with children being born today.

None of you is 50, go shit on kids on fortnite.

Around the time of Minecraft and Twitch, I didn't know at the time that it was going to get much worse.

halofags and MW2fags

Around the time Fortnite released. On one hand gameplay wise it's categorically better than stuff like what kids/teens were into prior to that like brown and bloom military shooters and edgy pandering which led to shit like Shadow the Hedgehog and Jak 2 but something about Fortnite's presentation repulses me, it's hard to explain but the game feels artistically bankrupt and resembles a playable advertisement instead of a game with a set vision.

Just think of it as an elaborate tech demo for Unreal Engine that’s actually pretty fun

>game with a set vision.
The vision is money and appeal. What do you not understand about this? Do you think the creators of the game give anything about the audience?
The MLK thing was fun.

PS3/X360 era when western shit became all the rage.

>sturgeon's law
based enlightened shit filterer

Attached: nevergivingup.gif (585x436, 2.5M)

>it's hard to explain but the game feels artistically bankrupt and resembles a playable advertisement instead of a game with a set vision.
What tipped you off on that, user?
The fact that it's an incredibly shallow game with one game mode that is almost entirely propped up by Tim Sweeny paying to license [POPULAR CHARACTER] and paying to shill it to children?

yeah anything to do with ecelebs or popular things on youtube has completely passed me by, it all seems so impenetrable and i don't even know how you would begin learning about it

Seeing younger millennials enjoying cinematic movie game garbage such as Life is Strange or TLOU and praising Skyrim like the second coming of Christ.

It makes more sense if you learn that Fortnite was originally designed as a coop wave shooter, essentially an Unreal engine rip-off of Orcs Must Die, and then the hastily thrown-together alternate BR mode that caught fire. When the little cash grab turned into a big cash grab they started doing crossover advertisements for quick corporate money because they were still expecting the game to fizzle out and die within 18 months, and then for some reason it didnt. Now they just stick with the model because no one wants to hurt the goose as long as its still laying golden eggs.

When people stopped calling out newfags for not lurking before posting.
Now you have blatant third-world ESLs thinking their shit takes in broken english matter.
Some of them are here in this very thread.

Told a guy to lurk moar the other day and got called a fake oldfag. When the board has turned on itself to that degree all is lost. Been a steady process though and I still mostly blame the election.

Twitch becoming huge

are you a nigger or what? "None of you are 50" do you really not know the difference between is and are?

Most soifags crying on YouTube ain’t millennials

For video games? Gacha games I guess. But the kids arent really into it just manchildren.

Just in general though would be the normalizing of trannies. Just blows my mind that people treat it as anything other than severe mental illness. Im not even that fucking old and It feels like I live in a completely alien world.

When they turned Mega Man into a gacha

At least they revived Metroid.