When does it get bad?

when does it get bad?
So far enjoying it more than Dishonored 1 only 3 missions in so far tho
the domino power is busted op tho

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2M)

It doesn’t. Yea Forums fell for the /pol/ meme and claimed it was bad because muh politics. The game is genuine ludo.

They should have allowed you to mix and match the powers from both from the beginning.
I had way more fun in NG+ as Corvo while dipping into some Emily powers.

Never.

It's just as good as D1, user.

The problem is that it never gets good.

game wasn't exactly bad, muh politics was lame though. The characters just didn't have me feeling the same way I did about the ones from the first game.

>when does it get bad?
when i saw that i playing a rehash of the first game's dlc and then browsed emily's powers that trivialize the entire game. at least it still has a mostly flesh and steel playthrough.

Started playing this game a couple of times now. Always get to around mission 6-7 and then get bored.
Then some time passes and I start over and again stop around mission 6-7.

Not even sure why, I am liking the game, then just completely lose interest.

No one said the gameplay is bad retard, but the story is way worse than dishonored 1

The complete lack of challenge and resource management always kills my interest. It feels like you're playing with God mode on which is like the antithesis of a stealth game.

It's as good or better than D1. Clockwork mansion and crack in the slab are fucking masterpieces of level design.

Dishonored isn't a stealth game user. Stealth is and has always been optional.

And that's exactly why it's a mediocre franchise.

That is probably a big part of it yes. Around that time is when you have unlocked so many powers that the game goes from easy to being a complete sleepwalk unless you purposely don't use any of the powers.

Any good mods for it?

>worse atmosphere
>worse story and supporting cast
>reusing Delilah was really fucking lame
>stoning the character you don't play as robbed us of great Father/Daughter moments or swapping characters each mission
Everything about level design, combat, powers, secrets etc was better in the second than the first.
Its stealth first, because if they wanted good combat they could atleast have even took half of the good melee parts of Dark Messiah for Dishonored

>when does it get bad?
never

Nah its why its fun. I love Thief as much as the next person but immersive sims are defined by having variety and options. The game gives you a ton of lethal options and its fun to use them, even in a stealthy manner. I like that you can do both, though I do agree that the balance isn't great and its easy to be OP no matter what you do. Needed more enemies with powers who could actually fight back and make stealth more demanding.

>muh feels
are you a woman?

>Men no have feeling, me unga bunga
Fuck of psycho.

>Its stealth first, because if they wanted good combat they could atleast have even took half of the good melee parts of Dark Messiah for Dishonored
I think of it more as an exploration-focused game with the option of loud or quiet depending on how you feel like doing it, like most immersive sims. But I agree it would have been cool if the melee combat had more options than just the dagger.

What makes more sense from a narrative perspective. Kill everyone, full pacifist, bit of both?

Non-lethal + non-stealth.

since emily is trained in stealth i can imagine her trying to avoid confrontations with random guards and instead just murder the targets. maybe save the assassin woman since she has braindamage

it doesn't? fantastic game
the dlc is kind of mediocre though, which is a shame cus dishonored 1's dlc is great
also still the best looking game of all time and no one can tell me different, perfect blend of art style meeting sharp visuals and masterful baked lighting

Attached: 20220406132727_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.25M)

When you get dragged through backstory cutscenes.
Almost all of D1 was finding backstory through Easter eggs.
In D2 you get lectured in the void every other mission.
Also it doesn’t really ever arrive at a proper climax like in the last two missions of D1.

However, it still has brilliant core gameplay, atmosphere, and probably the best level design in a video game, ever.

Story isn't quite as good but the levels are kino

Also, adding to this post of mine;

I fucking swear, I have been posting in Dishonored + Deus Ex threads since FOREVER, and I still haven't found anyone else who plays like this. It's great in Mankind Divided too. Human Revolution, not so much. Improved in the sequel, same with from D1 to D2.

It's so much fun when the game allows it, In D1 it wasn't possible but they made it great in D2. There are so many great loud and fun ways to knock people out. And the improved parkour is beautiful.

Attached: 1520459057231.jpg (550x528, 29.42K)

my daughteru is all grown up
and a total tomboy

Attached: 20210830042514_1.jpg (1920x1080, 300.58K)

Uoh

Attached: Screenshot538707.jpg (2880x1620, 1.09M)

my only complaint with this game is that the first one felt more like a Hitman and gave you special ways to kill your target while this one you either kill him with what you have or go for the non-lethal approach and kidnap him

bruh, at least post the subtitles

Attached: 20210830072114_1.jpg (1920x1080, 213.26K)

>muh politics
-Both Emily's and Delilah's claim to the throne are the result of zealously adhering to the succession rules of a traditional royal inheritance practice and is in no way based on merit, let alone equality of opportunity or equality of outcome.
-Emily Kaldwin's significant other's gender is left blank because the devs didn't have the courage to make her lesbian. Also because of the fact that only an empress' child becomes the next ruler, if the person she marries isn't male there can be no heir in the next generation. The lore of the franchise dictates that homosexuality would literally end the empire.
-All female Grand Guard are officers. They're given desk jobs and guns because they can't handle being beat cops. Affirmative action to artificially give them better pay for no reason is also a possible culprit. This is also an exclusively Serkonan practice, because in Gristol there are no female Watch at all. Therefore it's an intentional in-lore cultural difference at best, redpilled as fuck regarding women's relative strength at worst.
-Mindy Blanchard used to be a man. She used black magic from the Void to transform her body because a human being can't naturally switch sexes. Transgenderism is literally fantasy.
-Billie Lurk is a black (previously established) female (previously established) bisexual handicapped stronk womyn who isn't allowed to manage on her own but instead gets her handicapped body parts replaced with the most powerful supernatural implements in the series. By a white man. Who achieved his position of power by dying.
-Female characters wear pants and have short or tied up hair because the developers are lazy and animating skirts and long hair is difficult and people would just complain about clipping and bad physics.
-Every woman who joins the Abbey of The Everyman becomes a blind oracle and every man becomes an overseer. There can be no female overseers or male blind oracles. Strict gender roles with no wiggle room.

Nobody is forcing you not to play stealth.

It's not "bad", it's just not as good- though I do think the story is a lot weaker. I also agree with this , I hated Emily's weird blink leap thing but liked all her other stuff
Bit of both for me.

Dishonored's world really deserves to be explored more

The trick of Emily's ability is actually slingshotting yourself across half the fucking map. It's not meant to be Blink.

About to play this game, should I use Emily or Corvo?

I had no idea Emily was Corvo's daughter until the very last mission of Dishonored 1

Attached: 1640088147595.png (720x303, 95.92K)

It seems that the vast majority of players didn't actually find the bad ending, and were duped by a false dichotomy between high and low chaos. Dishonored has three endings. Two good ones, high and low chaos. One bad one, where Emily dies and the Empire collapses. In reality the sequel avoids referencing any specific about the period between the two games making both high and low chaos good endings plausible. Emily's introduction to Corvo's campaign also show violence, not stealth, but is stil vague about actual murder.
So, a huge amount of players who mistook high chaos for bad ending thought that the game disincentivizes violence and action gameplay despite the fact that the game has vastly fewer tools for pacifism. They thought that killing gets them a bad ending.

>Almost all of D1 was finding backstory through Easter eggs.
I forgot, but backstory for each mission is also mainly told through the boatman, which is actually a genius way of presenting each level.
A player that doesn’t care much for story or what Samuel is saying can still take in the spectacle of the level introduction and savor what they’re going to be getting up to in there as they slowly approach.
A player who’s interested in story or the mission objectives can listen more closely to what Samuel’s saying and get an idea what’s going on.
Most players do a little bit of both at the same time.

Compared to D2 where you’re pulled into void land to sit around in literal nothingness while being lectured on Delilah or whatever and you can see the step backwards taken here.
Billy Lurk can work as a boatman but the other decisions that were made on storytelling intrude on what would normally be fine.

Yes, but not too much. For example I don't think the giant wild continent to the East should ever be visited or depicted. The mystery of its harshness is better than any tangible experience of it would ever be.

Emily feels more fitting, but Corvo works just as well.

I really appreciate the differences between movements, kill animations, and knock outs between the two.

It doesn't, it's pretty much the same as the first game but with slightly better level design.

Game is way too easy in assault mode
Most enemies die to 1 crossbow/pistol shot or well timed melee

What was political about it? I know people shat on the standalone dlc because the mc was black but what reason could they have had to think 2 was political?

>Dishonored
>Prey
>great but often looked over games
>now forever on hold because their lead designer kind of walked out
>Deathloop was meh
arkane bros...

me too
i dont remember when but it dawned on me very late

Attached: 1610.png (128x113, 15.11K)

see

Nah, that's what makes it great.

I think the final mission is a bit weak from what I remember, but it's mostly the writing that isn't great throughout the game. Also enjoyed it a lot.

You fags just hated this because of the women. DotO has some fantastic missions but the writing is absolutely shit, to the point of it being detrimental to the game.

Emily was always going to be the main character. There was little doubt ever since the release of Dish1 that the sequel would star Emily. Hell, you're shown Corvo dead in the epilogue. It was only fan feedback that ended up convincing Arkane to add Corvo as a playable character at all.
Also, there are more significant differences between the two as well. Billie's relationship with the characters is different because of their different histories. In the Dust District for example, Corvo tries to bullshit something about a topic he knows nothing about and Billie doesn't appreciate it. In the equivalent scene with Emily, Billie has to concede.

People pretending having a boring plot and the dullest cast imaginable is exclusive to D2 and not every single Arkane game

fuck you, prey was great if you bothered reading all the science and philosophy books while paying attention to what people told you

>Worse story
>Outsider basically becomes smucckle god rather than a curious, amoral observer
>'How dare you be a Queen and not know everything about your Kingdom!'
>Muh Monarchy is Ebil! shit in a Monarchist setting
The gameplay was better, the story was worse.

Dishonored has great worldbuilding that way as well. And the characters in Prey are not much deeper than the ones in Dishonored. There's just more of them

Billie singlehandedly ruins every moment she's in.
She was alright and played her part decently in 1's DLC, but because she was like the only black female character in the game, apparently that was all the characterization she needed to drag out the plot lines for 2 and DotO?
I'll never understand both her and delilah's excessive re-usage when the setting had so much more to offer.

>rejected the deal
>full stealth
>no kills
ludo experience, level design was god tier

>Worse story
Debatable. Definitely more in your face.
>Outsider basically becomes smucckle god rather than a curious, amoral observer
Delilah's tampering actually fucked things up to the point he has to play more of a hand in things.
>'How dare you be a Queen and not know everything about your Kingdom!'
Emily refutes Billy on this actually. She points out the people she views as worth being in charge are more likely to kill people than the system already in place.
I liked that they included this because it's just another attempt by the noble class to have more power over the head of state. Parliament is run by the nobles, not the people. Chad Daddy Corvo knows it keeps a firm fist to keep the peasantry and upstarts in line.

I don't see how you can get that impression when the whole point about the story is the restoration of the true heir of a monarchy, not because she deserves it or was elected, but because the rules is that the offspring of the ruler becomes the ruler. The fact that Emily understands what a good monarchy is is coincidental, and not somehow a criticism of monarchy itself. She says that you're not born to your station but you retroactively earn it through respect by those over whom you rule.

Low chaos. High Chaos Emily is all about might makes right. Bitch is a tomboy stacy.

My bad. I've only played low chaos Emily, low chaos Corvo and high chaos Corvo. Also a tomboy stacy sounds based.

Some of the complaints were
>poor performance, stuttering, memory leak, and lowered responsiveness in the new engine - especially compared to the original in UE3
>less appealing and interesting setting, lost some of the charm
It's a fine game and it was never "bad" but it's not as tight as the first game. I heard performance has been improved since I played through it last, I doubt this somewhat. Your opinion may be divided on the setting, I personally think it's a little more drab and a little less interesting than dunwall in the first game. But if you're enjoying it don't look for reasons not to.