Play Vanillaware

Attached: gg.png (1402x1000, 919.94K)

not muramasa, not buying

I will, for free via emulator

I wanna see what their new game is goddammit.
Still buying this day 1 though. Vanillaware updates are usually awesome. Dragons Crown Pro aside

They're really going with this shitty cover? It looks like fanart. The original is way better.

I would love to give them my money, however every time I check the eshop, I can't seem to find Muramasa. If they can help fix this issue, I will gladly pay them.

Ah, yes, that is a widespread problem. The problem is fixed by looking in the actual store, namely PlayStation Store.

Ask Marvelous. All their Atlus games have been rereleased now.

my copy of 13 sentinels comes today

I'm sorry user but I'm not gay so I can't play it :(

>no PC
This makes me worry that a Muramasa port would only go to Switch and PS4 anyways.

Hopefully they buff unicorns and golems. They were so underutilized compared to phantoms/skullmages/demons.

So, are they going to put their other games on the Switch too?

What's wrong with Dragon's Crown Pro? I only ever played it on PS3

Release Dragon's Crown on PC and I will, I'm not going to buy another system just for big witch tiddies, stop it, I wont.

GrimGrimoire is the game that would benefit the most from a PC port, though. It would be a lot better with M&K controls.

I'm adding this to my backlog. I'll emulate it later

I was hoping they would release an updated version of muramasa but this is still cool.

UOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH COVER >O

I played Muramasa and it was okay.

Oh hey, a reason to dust off my ps4. Is it like Leifhtrasir or just a refresh of the assets resolution?

Attached: 1532890421290.jpg (600x556, 135.85K)

It's up to the publishers of each game honestly, which leaves just ATLUS again, and maybe Marvelous for Muramasa. NIS has been in a rush to port all their PS2 catalogue to Switch and PC, so this is not really a surprise, if anything I am just surprised they actually went PS4 instead of PC, based solely on their recent pattern on PS2 re-releases. But still, Grimgromire was the only NIS/Vanillaware game so that's it. Odin Spear and Dragon's Crown are up to Atlus, but I do think they have a decent chance, assuming 13 Sentinels doesn't bomb, but I doubt it needs to be a huge success either. Muramasa, I really have no idea what are it's chances, even with Marvelous involve, seemingly that's one that Vanillaware seemingly has more control over, so they may need more convincing. Still, the fact that the Vita version is still just Vita and not even PS4, is a crime.

>This makes me worry that a Muramasa port would only go to Switch and PS4 anyways
Why does that worry you? That's how it should be for all Japanese games

These are all the confirmed updates. Some early screenshots also seem to confirm that widescreen does indeed means a better view of the battle screens.

New System: “Great Magic” – Four types of “Great Magic” that can be used during battle have been implemented. Activated with newly illustrated cut-ins.

High-resolution graphics and widescreen aspect ratio.

“Fast-Forward” function for battle and story parts.
“Mid-Battle Save” function for battle parts.
The difficulty level of “Hard” mode has been adjusted to be more challenging than the original version.

New System: Skill Tree – Earn coins by completing tasks set for each stage. Coins can be used to strengthen familars. Coins can also be refunded.

Gallery Mode – Enjoy various illustrations.

New voice cast:
Lillet Blan (voiced by Iori Saeki)
Margarita Surprise (voiced by Miharu Hanai)
Gammel Dore (voiced by Teruo Seki)
Advocat (voiced by Hiromichi Tezuka)

A HD english version of Grand Knights History would be nice.

Wrong. Japanese games shouldn't be on PS because of the Snoy Censorship Policy

>no steam
guess the game is free.

>>New voice cast:
That's... an odd choice to make. I hope the skill trees will allow for real playstyle differences for the same enemies.

I wonder why. It looks like they did another guest artist invitation like in DC since there are a couple artworks of a different style at the end of the trailer.

Attached: 005.jpg (1500x2120, 685.51K)

>pirates on another platform
>expects other people to believe he doesn't pirate on PC

Those are some nice colors.
>700 mana in the bank
Lmao.

Attached: 012.jpg (1920x1080, 2.29M)

I will, as soon as they're playable on PC

Pretty normal since they're adding more voice acting and at least some of the original actors must be retired.

Bro, can you help me? I'm writing Muramasa in the ps store on my ps4 and I only get Dragon crown, which I already have. How do I fix it?

Oh, are they? I wonder how much. I don't even recall how much was voiced.
>proper gallery screen
Nice.

Attached: 023.jpg (1920x1080, 368.92K)

offer me that game at a fair price and i buy 99% of the time,don't offer me the game,and i'll pirate it.
piracy is mostly a service issue,the only PC game ive pirated in recent memory is the megaton edition of duke cause i wanted to play the sunstorm expansions that don't come with the modern release.

Man I just can't keep up with all these free games.

Attached: 1646898261768.png (1200x1333, 49.53K)

What's the date?

bros.. if this and 13 sentinels sell well we might end up getting the others...

it's soulless

>New voice cast:
No! What the fuck!? The original was perfect.

Sure, release it on pc

Wasn't GrimGrimoire the only Vanillaware game Kamitani planned with a sequel in mind? I wonder if he's gonna make it if remake succeeds in sales.

This is the only vanillaware game I have 0 interest in buying.

If so, that'd be a bit awkward because NIS can only report having financial troubles it seems

nothing
it's just a port with a 4k option

>Wasn't GrimGrimoire the only Vanillaware game Kamitani planned with a sequel in mind?
Was it? It ends with a perfectly wrapped up story, ending narrative and all.

>switch
Why? It will play like shit like every switch port of anything ever made

>emulating, not buying physical
fake poorfag weeb
>still crying for ports 6 years later
y*kes

Attached: 1628280794635.jpg (1549x1560, 427.87K)

According to the history of the development, it would be weird if it was Grimgromoire. The game was in development alongside Odin Sphere, and just because the president of NIS was interested on working with Vanillaware, and gave them full creative control in any game they wanted to make. Still, the studio was fairly new at the time, and seemingly working of Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire at the same time drained them of all funds, and George had to take a loan that was thankfully paid by Odin Sphere short after. Still, GrmGrimoire had a very short development, and again, came to be just out of NIS request, so it would be weird for it be the one game with a long plan ahead.

Shill me on this

Attached: 4041043+_8dc27c8389d3b11c0a3f24c3b66afd35.gif (183x199, 302.21K)

A console RTS made by japs who can't into RTS or understand why no one else makes RTS games on consoles.
With pretty graphics.

Well, seemingly 13 Sentinels actually runs better on Switch than what it did on PS4. Also, this is a NIS game, and as it turns out, they actually get better sells on Switch. Still, don't cry, the game is still coming to PS4, which is the same as to say PS5, and NIS is no stranger to PC these days, so unless Vanillaware stop them, a PC port later on the line isn't out of the question.

>NO PC PORTS OF ANY OF THEIR GAMES
>ALSO PS4 INSTEAD OF PS5
i guess they are going digital with ps5 probably. i wonder why they never port their stuff to pc, i really don't feel like buying consoles anymore after the ps4

Attached: 1648765262026.jpg (1795x1600, 410.34K)

Very mediocre 2D side scrolling RTS, which somehow works, with very pretty art style. The best part of the game is the story, which is probably one of the best VNs I've ever played through.

It's a nice if short VN with a side dish of console RTS that was functional if not very exciting. Good story, exceptional visuals, passable gameplay, the vanillaware ps2 special.

Gonna be waiting a long while for that, then. There haven't been many ports to PC from last gen, mainly a focus on stuff before that.

>Kamitani stated that GrimGrimoire was the only project he ever designed with the intent of creating a sequel, and despite wishes to do so, Nippon Ichi Software did not put in any requests. Based on this, Kamitani has since made sure to write stories that would stand on their own.

No PS5 makes sense due to retro compatibility. With the low attachment rate in Japan, which is their primary market, making an entire print for PS5, makes no sense when the few willing to buy the copies can do the same for the PS4 copies. As for no PC, that's an oddity considering that all the other PS2 re-releases of late from NIS have been from Switch and PC at the same time, so that may be entirely on Vanillaware. On a previous thread, another user said that George doesn't want Vanillaware's games on PC, at risk their 2D assets and overall technique get ripped off, which is just the right amount of dumb, Japanese paranoia, for me to actually believe.

Yeah, I actually was just reading about that on Wikipedia after making that comment, but with the sources being Japanese interviews, I couldn't be sure. Still, what blows my mind is that in the same article, they said that the plans for the sequel were implemented on 13 Sentinels, which... WTF?

I think they just don't know their way around PC ports. Japs have few PCs and devs generally just don't bother with them.

when they port them to PC maybe.

>George doesn't want Vanillaware's games on PC, at risk their 2D assets and overall technique get ripped off, which is just the right amount of dumb, Japanese paranoia, for me to actually believe.
that is retarded enough for me to believe it