Leyndell is the best map FromSoftware ever made. Prove me wrong

Leyndell is the best map FromSoftware ever made. Prove me wrong.

Attached: leyndell royal capital.jpg (1920x1080, 473.01K)

It's spelled Leyndel

The earth is flat, prove me wrong

>big empty streets
>cant summon horse

Raya Lucaria is better

>Prove me wrong.
You're right though

women are funny, prove me wrong

it's the anor londo we never got, i love it. but stormveil and raya lucaria are both superior

Attached: 1649920350528.jpg (1920x1080, 456.75K)

You're a nigger. Verification not required.

It's not a bad zone, and is in fact better than any other FromSoft zone within the past decade. It's just that other zones in the same game are also better.

neither can you in raya lucaria

>reading comprehension

anor londo felt like a blueprint for it, yeah

For me its:

Stormveil Castle>Volcano Manor>Farum Azula>Leyndell>Haligtree>Raya Lucaria

Attached: 1999999989992.jpg (515x515, 23.21K)

i fail to see what majes leyndell better than something like central yarnham, the previous contender for most ingenious level design in my mind
but it's comparatively quite easy for my brain to see why stormveil is the best level design they've ever done
what exactly is leyndell missing? the verticality? the layeredness?

I spent like 4 hours trying to find my way around this city before I realized the path is to climb up that dead dragon's wing and then you get to Morgott in like 5 minutes. Nice looking city for sure, but terrible map design.

consecrated snowfield is the worst they ever made

not really no, besides the roundtable hold building there are hardly any buildings, only like one or two small ones at the very beginning and thats it, everything is glued shut or blocked by sand, its just a set dressing

>raya below azula and haligtree
fucking how

The whole city is basically a ruin, and it's not empty.

yeah, possibly

fuck you it's kino

issue with Leynndell is apart from the dootDOOTdoots every other enemy you encounter there is copypasted in or mediocre. damn shame too.

their worst area in general is lost izalith and it's not even close. but snowfield is by far the worst in ER, yeah

>every other enemy you encounter there is copypasted
I really don't understand this "complaint".

>literally, figuratively and unironically implying

Attached: DaS2 Frigid_Outskirts.jpg (1920x1080, 157.87K)

>Leyndell is the best map FromSoftware ever made. Prove me wrong.
Sekiro, Blood Borne, Dark Souls 1, and Demon's Souls all exist and have multiple areas better than Leyndell. Maybe if ER wasn't your first game you would know there is better quality from From.

>sees a huge ass dragon made of stone
>doesn't immediately get the urge to climb it
making climbing it mandatory is just miyazaki's way to filter out adventurelets like you

Attached: 1489696171075.png (650x581, 447.35K)

central yharnam is their best ever

Stormveil is better.

>sekiro
LOL
>Bloodborne
worthy contender
>dark souls 1
laughable,the areas themselves are mostly shit but the connections between are ok
>demon souls
decent
face it, elden ring has the best areas from has ever made

Does anyone actually bother exploring the Snowfields thoroughly? If you need more upgrade mats, there's 1 mine worth exploring. Other than that I beelined to the church, took down the mausoleum so it stops shooting shit at me and then I went to that evergoal to open up the haligtree area and that's that. Sure, it's an annoying area, but I spent far too little time in it for it to really get on my nerves. Plus it's entirely optional.

Kind of embarrassing that you typed this out and thought you were making a good point.

Stormveil > Leyndell/Sewers > Farum Azula > Raya Lucaria > Volcano Manor > Haligtree

I was calling it Atlus Plateau for over 300 hours

Attached: 1635880644092.png (200x200, 39.18K)

Stormveil = Demons' Souls
Raya Lucaria = Bloodborne
Leyndell = Dark Souls 1
Volcano Manor = Dark Souls 2
Farum Azula = Dark Souls 3

Think about it. It'll blow your mind.

there are 2 ancient sombers and the means to get 3 more from consecrated

The point I'm making is that Leyndell can be traversed from start to finish in like 5-10 minutes if you know the route. The entire rest of the city, all the shit you explore is completely pointless and optional. Seems like bad map design to me when you have a huge, intricate map and the main path leads you throw maybe 10% of it.

more like filler plateau

Stormveil Castle was better

I'm an autist so I tried, within my own frame of patience mind you to explore the best I could. I don't think I'll ever pinpoint who or what summons that Dragonkin Soldier who literally pops out to kill you like those deers in Frigid Outskirts.

>Page Knights play the flute to the tune of Leyndell ost

Yeah it's kino

Attached: 1633835858669.gif (343x498, 2.97M)

Volcano Manor, especially the prison, is probably the least interesting and more generic place from Elden Ring.

>The point I'm making is that Leyndell can be traversed from start to finish in like 5-10 minutes if you know the route.
That's the same for every dungeon.

that's literally all of from's maps though?

elden ring is big and full of content
but it doesn't feel meaningful to me
the narrow passages of Boletaria castle somehow felt more like the type of souls game I wanted. more intimate
still happy that elden ring sold well
fuck western game devs
/blog

Attached: 1642763505205.png (402x344, 72.01K)

that ones smol and a straight line. consecrated is fat and half of it blanketed by a blizzard with gigamobs

Leyndell is amazing because it's like 3 dungeons stacked on top of each other. I couldn't believe how much stuff is under it.

If you really wanted you could beat the game in under 20 minutes with speed-running techniques, 99% of the game is completely pointless and optional, if you just cut out everything that is optional then you're left with something that isn't really fun to play in general.

Attached: yes, and....jpg (112x184, 9.5K)

It's more a crooked line than straight.

Which lyndell map? Destroyed lyndell is pretty sweet too

ZERO BONFIRES

You know how long it would take to master some of thos and glitch/wrong warp techniques? It's not as easy as it looks

There's a whole secret area under it with the lych dragon and the whore.

because it isnt meaningful, its like watching a one piece filler arc

>wrong warping into leyndell
get fucked two pingas

>lich

Raya Lucaria is cool but it's kinda easy and linear, apart from the roof side bit

Yeah I know. There's subterranean shunning grounds, one of the wildest catacombs in the game, the creepy area with all the dead merchants leading to the flame of frenzy, and deeproot depths.

You know they put the most work into lyndell, and rightfully so. It's the hub of the game you always come back to.

for me its every area sucks equally but i liked the auriza side tomb pot dungeon, that was cool

I fell in love with deep root. It just gave off this old book lord of the rings vibe with the lightning and atmosphere

every area is easy and linear

>Lighting

What does that have to do with the point I was making?
Nothing?

No I'm calling you and idiot, because you have to spend hours in order to beat the game in 20 minutes, and your point is moot.

subterranean shunning grounds is the only area that felt close to classic souls design

yeah, especially raya lucaria

Attached: 1619431124930.jpg (275x183, 95.6K)

It's my least favorite of the underground maps (excluding lake of rot) but it did give me a visceral "what the fuck is that" feeling walking toward the prince of death.

I liked the sewers of that city, still a bigger scale and option to summon Torrent would have been better

yeah, especially snoreveil castle where you go through the front gate and run in a linear path for 2 minutes and you're at godrick

Attached: 1649848913763.png (1056x937, 29.88K)

I really loved the design of Undead Settlement in Dark Souls 3, i think that's my all time favorite map.
but yeah, OP, Leyndel is pretty great, i wouldn't doubt if it's the best one.

Attached: 1648789766753.jpg (826x871, 124.67K)

He's all stinky and shit too. It's like a dead fish with Flys all around it.

Trolling, got it.

did you miss all the other shit?

Frigid Outskirts is s much worse

>get to the upper half of the capital after scaling the dragon
oh boy I can't wait to see what else is in this massive city!
>godywn, morgot, and that's it
oh

Yes you are. I doubt you could speed run it

And you have to spend hours in leyndell in order to learn the correct route.
Nice baiting bro

did you miss every plant in the open world? all those optional plants make the open world le kino amirite

Nah thats haligtree, specially the area with corridors straight recicled from lothric