ELDEN RING LORE

Discuss Elden Ring lore

Attached: 88765435467.jpg (480x270, 22.15K)

Explain how this is possible lore fags

Attached: 14439531-01EB-4C3C-88C2-CBDF1C5F13BA.png (782x849, 1002.06K)

rowa fruit general

Attached: Rowa-Fruit-.png (310x307, 44.74K)

Attached: 546.jpg (1030x976, 209.27K)

Gwyn's Firstborn: While there are many speculations about who he may be, the only thing we know for sure is that he committed a grave sin by allying with the dragons that forced Gwyn to exile him

Godwyn: Lichdragon Fortissax and Godwyn became friends after Godwyn defeated him. Fortisax went and tried to save him from this fate however he himself has become corrupted by the Rune of Death

GODWYN
GWYN

UHHHH LOREBROS??? WHATS THIS?

Attached: shock.gif (220x220, 166.87K)

Attached: 1649733720284.png (1024x8000, 1.72M)

Rogier:
>It happened during the Golden Age of the Erdtree, long before the shattering of the Elden Ring. Someone stole a fragment of the Rune of Death from Maliketh, the Black Blade. And on a bitter night, murdered Godwyn the Golden. That was the first recorded Death of a demigod in all history. And it became the catalyst. Soon, the Elden Ring was smashed, and thus sprang forth the war known as the shattering.
Rogier either directly contradicts himself with his first and last sentence, or the precedence of events disconnects on "And on a bitter night" which would mean Ranni waited a very long time to kill Godwyn

From Bandai Namco site:
One grim night in the depths of winter, a flock of unknown assassins stole across the Lands Between.
In a coetaneous attack, this foul covenant snuffed out the lives of many of the God-Queen’s kin throughout the empire, too numerous and too scattered for her godly protection to save.
The assassins’ targets were multifold, but none was as devastating a loss to the Eternal Queen as that of Godwyn the Golden. After his death, the Elden Ring was somehow shattered, and the order of the world broke with it.

(1/2)

Attached: Elden-Ring-Rogier.png (640x360, 177.25K)

Then there are these:
Black Knifeprint:
>On the Night of the Black Knives, someone stole a fragment of Death from Maliketh, the Black Blade, and imbued its power into the assassins' daggers.
Maliketh's Black Blade:
>After a fragment of Death was stolen on that fateful night, Maliketh bound the blade within his own flesh, such that none might ever rob Death again.

Which one is it:
>Rogier is an unreliable narrator
>Rogier dialogue is fucked up
>Knifeprint and Maliketh's Black Blade descriptions are fucked up
>Storywriters are HACKS

(2/2)

Attached: KNIFE.png (844x633, 272.94K)

When will they patch the game to let us turn this Demi God Princess into a perfect doll?

Attached: 1646628915570.png (1048x970, 610.86K)

different games, status quo religion isnt racist to dragons like it was in dark souls but dragons still kinda fuck up shit. also fortissax wasnt corrupted by the rune of death just by the death blight within godwyn's body after his soul died but his body lived. the death blight infected his body and subsequently a lot of the erdtree.

Why are there only two women in Raya Lucaria?

Attached: IMG_20220414_071636.jpg (1920x1082, 735.53K)

The gloom eyed queen is Marika's sister

She along with the foreskin nobles fought the outer gods in order to help Marika achieve total dominance over the lands between

The giant's corpses have death root on them because the gloom eyed queen unleashed her powers upon them

Marika latter on betrays her sister with the help oh maliketh. Sealing her powers into Malikeths blade

The gloom eyed queen is defeated but she does not fully die

Melina is the reincarnation of the gloom eyed queen, that's why she is so interested in reaching the Erdtree

Ranni and Melina were partners in crime when the night of the black knives happened. We know these two are pretty close because torrent is the only entity that is mentioned by only two people in the whole. That being Melina and Ranni

Cope, seethe, mald and dilate. Don't try to refute my theory, because you know its true. Time will proof me right when the inevitable gloom eyed queen drops

Attached: 1623286113298.jpg (1080x1349, 197.43K)

death blight and destined death are not the same thing iirc. death blight is a result of destined death being denied, or a proper death being denied. but i do think that marika inflicted the death blight upon the giants somehow.

the rest of your theory is true.

I just had a thought. What if Crucible was Elden Ring before Elden Ring? All life melded in it so it may have been set of laws of reality of Lands Between, then Elden Beast comes and that's how it becomes the Elden Ring, it took over laws of reality that were already existing in Lands Between and affected them. That's why even though Death was in hands of Godskin it could have been plucked from Elden Ring. Basically death existed and Godskin controlled it, Maliketh beats Dusk Eyed Queen (or Gloam eyed queen, I personally prefer Dusk name) and sealed it which was in a way, plucking it from Elden Ring. Plucking it from laws of the World.

Why do Radahnfags hate Malenia so much? I've heard them argue that Malenia is more evil than Mohg and Rykard, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Attached: 9oyauygj83m81.png (2000x1600, 2.16M)

the rune of death was stolen and the assassinations took place during the same night, multiple items and dialogue proves this. As for Rogier's dialogue:

[325022000] ストームヴィルの地下にあった、異形の躯ですか
[325022010] …あれは遺物なのですよ。黒き刃の陰謀、そう呼ばれる凶刃の夜の
[325022020] 古い黄金樹の盛期、まだエルデンリングが砕ける前
[325022030] 何者かが、黒き剣のマリケスから死のルーンの欠片を盗み
[325022040] 冷たい夜に、黄金のゴッドウィンを弑したのです
[325022050] それは、歴史上はじめてのデミゴッドの死であり
[325022060] エルデンリングが砕け、破砕戦争が起こる、その切欠になったと言われています

>古い黄金樹の盛期、まだエルデンリングが砕ける前
"The prosperous time of the old erdtree, before the elden ring was shattered."

This doesn't seem to really say it happened "long before the shattering of the ring", it just says it took place before the shattering of the ring (which by definition would be the prosperous period i believe?)

>[325022050] それは、歴史上はじめてのデミゴッドの死であり
>[325022060] エルデンリングが砕け、破砕戦争が起こる、その切欠になったと言われています

This text has no mention of "soon", it just states that it was the first demigod in history to die. Then it was that the death was catalyst for the elden ring being smashed and the shattering war occuring.

The Japanese text also states Ranni did the deed herself. She killed Godwyn with her own two hands.

i dont hate her i love malenia, i enjoyed her fight so much i did a no hit of her. but she did kind of fuck up. if she needed great runes she shouldve gone after rykard or godrick, trying to fight radahn was arrogant and because it incapacitated malenia it put miquella in danger and he got mohgnapped. not to mention the fact that she likely killed thousands by nuking caelid. the way i see it is that malenia and radahn were both holding something back, malenia the scarlet rot and radahn the stars. if either of them let go it would cause devastation to the lands between, malenia let go, radahn didnt even when he was rotted. no one won but radahn upheld his duty as the star scourge.

You go to Caelid first and, then they read about the horse, and from there they write some pretty extensive headcanon.

How did Radagon and Marika have kids?

Attached: 19BC1BCD-60F8-4F0F-90E2-8F79DEAE0300.jpg (640x431, 103.29K)

>How did Radagon and Marika have kids?
>posts answer in pic rel

Attached: 2354.png (128x128, 24.96K)

I want serious lore answers

The Outer Gods used to be a single Great One, every body part split into it's own god.

>Formless mother
Blood
>Greater will
Soul/brain
>Rot God
Bowels
>Frenzied Flame
Eyes

we dont really know in the first place how demigods are created but its assumed that its just through plain old fucking. marika essentially has a walking sex doll that she controls in radagon and so she likely just fucked it.

>Ranni murders her half-brother with her bare hands
metal

How much do we know about Rykard's involvement in the night of black knives?

Attached: blasphemous claw.png (1211x471, 516K)

zanzibartsisters... forgive me

MOGHWYN DYNASTY
MOGH+GWYN
MOGH SUCCEDED IN STARTING A DYNASTY! HE GAVE BIRTH TO GWYN, LORD OF SUNLIGHT

Attached: E41611A0-28B3-4DC7-98DF-DCE94F47A52F.jpg (1017x1198, 297.59K)

makes sense, though i think the formless mother is a lot more than blood, more like flesh since its implied she is literally everywhere and is called the "mother of wounds"

stop trying to gaslight the thread, it doesn't say ranni stuck a knife in godwyn anywhere. in fact that doesn't even make sense given where her corpse is in the game

true, the death of godwyn's soul and ranni's body would have to have been simultaneous.

why was Ranni's chair so small?

Attached: rannis chair.png (1784x771, 2.09M)

She is a fucking god bro. She impregnated herself. Ever heard of Jesus?

Piss off Fromtranny.

>the japanese text doesn't count when it goes against my headcanon
Though probably you're just EOP who's parroting what you've read from better people

man... the hero that got beaten and is all fucked up now.. tragic.. just imagine being a warrior that falls in a tragic yet heroic struggle and then becomes an enemy... truly the deepest lore

familial teasing

So what the fuck exactly is Gowry? Is he an avatar of the Outer God of Rot and/or the Scarlet Rot itself?

Why couldn't Zanzibart forgive him?

just a high ranking priest of the pests disguised as a person. at the end of his questline he turns back into a pest

>more LOOOORRRREEEEEEE
It's a bunch of vague pseud garbage for trannies and retards who want to pretend they're smart. From games are factually shit, next question.

I'm over the Malenia Radahn autism fest but the one thing that still bugs me is people mentioning his soldiers loyalty as if Malenia's soldiers aren't just as much if not more devoted, given that becoming a Cleanrot Knight is a literal death sentence that they go to willingly while still being capable of fighting in Caelid and defending the Haligtree despite being literal puddles of goo underneath the armor.

They apply a very uncharitable analyses of Malenia's actions while being very lenient to Radahn, or they are consequentialists. A lot of Radahn posting is bottom of the barrel "HE GUD CAUSE CHADAHN IS CHUNGUS WHO HAVE GRAVITY MAGIC FOR HORSERINO" character analyses. It completely ignores his negative traits, such as how he turned down alliances with other Gods because he wanted to be in charge and was something of a warmonger himself. Unlike many of the other Gods, he never rejected the Golden Order and sought to prolong it by becoming the next Elden Lord. He was also a noble warrior and total bro beloved by his men. So yeah, there's a dichotomy to him. That's what makes him a good character. Same goes for Malenia. Like the stated goals of the Haligtree are actually very altruistic. In general, the game seems to want to to from hating Malenia to actually liking her/feeling bad for her by the end of the Haligree, it's just first opinions are last opinions to most people.

Attached: FQHRTrpXwAIwng5.jpg (1000x1000, 332.94K)

Rot God cultist trying to create another Malenia

But when you kill him he says "We shall meet again, you and I. There are many pests to choose from."

theyre both supa devoted but finlay is definitely a gigastacy.

holy shit how did i miss that, that makes it very interesting. an avatar of the scarlet rot is likely, the whole creating artificial daughters of malenia already raised some eyebrows but i find it weird that we would be in a direct conversation with an outer god.

mary was impregnated by YHWH, not herself

Nobody gives a fuck. Stop posting.

you realize the theft, the 'fearsome rite' that created the knives, and the multiple assassinations of demigods all took place on the same night, right?

Radahn comes off as the good guy to such an extent that it seems wrong. In the original concept map Haligtree was on an island to the south. It seems likely that Malenia was defending the haligtree but it's just not apparent in-game because they didn't put it into words.

Most of the Outer Gods seem to be cool except the Frenzied Flame, Greater Will, and Transient/Formless Mother.

>Fell God of the Giants and unnamed Dragon God were chilling, no chimp-outs with each other or their peoples
>Dark Moon seems to be pretty lazy and doesn't give a shit about forcing the rest of the world to worship it
>Scarlet Rot is only seemingly "bad" because it represents rebirth but isn't intrinsically evil

See

>Discuss Elden Ring lore
They got what was coming to them, nothing else to say.

Attached: Hall of Cost.jpg (1920x1080, 658.73K)

You do know Godfrey is weak to lightning and the dragons unlike Dark Souls dragons, can wield lightning? DEEPEST LORE

>blah blah blah more retarded Fromtranny "lore"
Just kill yourself already, nobody gives a shit about your retarded spic nigger babble. Fuck your garbage ass games btw

Probably similar to Shabiri where he can body snatch with the goal of helping his god

It's interesting how we see fields of flowers and butterflies in places of advanced rot.

seethebart... forgive me

hey man. if you dont like the lore and the game then you dont have to post religiously on er threads

Attached: 755.jpg (1250x760, 89.53K)

Besides Sellen and Rennala, don't we see a portrait of another female head master of the academy that's implied to be Ranni's teacher?

Nobody cares
Kill yourself Fromtranny spic

There is a pretty list of headcanon beliefs regarding her on reddit and other forumns, which, in all due respect, can be found in this post
>if she needed great runes she shouldve gone after rykard or godrick,
Nothing is stated that she did it for great runes, in fact she spared Godrick's life making this statement falsifiable.
>trying to fight radahn was arrogant and because it incapacitated malenia it put miquella in danger and he got mohgnapped.
There is nothing stated on what motivation she had to fight Radahn, and there is nothing indicating that Miquella was still in the tree when she left, and it would actually make more sense as to why she went to caelid if he wasn't

They don't like Radahn, they like his horse. They wished that there was a route where you could marry it and seat it upon Marika's throne.

Maybe you should just kill yourself for playing an objectively shitty game. Stop liking things that are bad you fucking drone retard, you are the fucking problem with modern gaming. You're just as bad as tendies and CoDfags
Stupid fucking frogposter I hope your family dies