His quest is impossible to follow without the wiki

His quest is impossible to follow without the wiki

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (305x165, 7.76K)

literally just explore dude
like wtf how are you people so retarded lol

first playthrough never saw him again after he left the roundhold
in my second playthrough now and still haven found him

How did you never end up at the Academy after two playthroughs? How is that possible?

>accidentally run into the guy standing in the middle of nowhere in a giant lake that's 90% empty or the quest stops
No
>never end up at the Academy
He's not at the Academy, he's standing pretty far away from it in the middle of nowhere, never noticed him there until I read the guide

thank you, so I am not the only one who finds this ridiculous

I literally forgot Jon Snow was in the game

I found him easily during my first playthrough by just exploring the ruins. Are people just b-lining through the game trying to find the next boss?

You have to remember that 90% of Yea Forums is pure trash at vidya.

I totally missed him and I thought I had pretty thoroughly explored most areas. Honestly, without a guide you’d just have to run into most NPC quests either by sheer luck or by investing an absurd amount of time searching each zone.

That's not the problem. 90% of the time you won't revisit a region you've already "cleared", and he goes to fucking Jarburg which everyone that fully explored Liurnia went already.

God you faggots are insufferable
JuSt ExPlOrE
Yes constantly back track over every squared inch of the game everytime you do literally anything on the off chance you triggered some event or change.
Kill yourself

Yes its obscure. That's a good thing.

you are just bad at exploring, the ruins are literally right in front of the academy and you just have to run around them and look around

Yes? The entire game world is basically empty besides a few obvious structures.

Why wouldn't you revisit Jarburg when it has an NPC and tons of crafting mats?

This board is full of Fromsoft creampie cleaners, they'll never admit that NPC questlines are pointless cryptic in these games.
>Dude just go back to this one Evergoal that you almost definitely completed to find Blaidd again
>Dude after you finish Morne Castle and talk to Edgar about his dead daughter Irina and find him grieving, just go to this totally random fucking house in Liurnia halfway across the world in order for him to invade you for no raisin

Attached: 1465670905487.png (603x459, 307.19K)

Can you explain to me why NPC guestlines being cryptic is bad though? Why do you HAVE to complete every single NPC questline in a video game as opposed to some of them being quests that you may or may not happen upon?

>npc that dislikes your hands and bunch of flowers
most forgettable place in the game

True

Genuinely have no idea who this dude is but I killed either him or someone similar to him for Volcano matter so I got that sweet armor

He fights you cause Irina's dead body gets taken over by Hyetta. Seeing her eating eyeballs mind breaks him.

Attached: 1640114924639.jpg (905x942, 96.43K)

That was just his brother. The OP NPC just gives you a variant of the helmet for that set if you finish that questline.

Sounds better than any western aaa cuck shit

>Dude just go back to this one Evergoal that you almost definitely completed to find Blaidd again
I see this complaint a lot and I don't understand it. Do you just not pay attention to details while you're playing a game? I killed that boss in that Evergoal before the Blaidd quest and it was even easier because I remembered the bosses name and Blaidd specifically said that name. It was simple to tie two and two together.

In my first playthrough he was always at the roundable doing his "can you find lanya" speech no matter how far into the game I was

Aren't the npc questlines the only thing you can do in this game besides combat? not that user i don't even play these games but i would expect npcs to be more of a focus when the only other content is fighting enemies

based quest oblivious chad

Attached: chad.jpg (513x600, 42.81K)

Don't give a fuck, I only completed Nepheli's quest without a guide and that's all it matters to me, the other npc's can get fucked with a scarlet rotten pike

You don't have to find Blaidd in the evergaol to finish any quest and Edgar's "quest" is retard-proof unless you do Liurnia before Morne Castle -- and he literally just goes insane, there's a ghost right outside his house that says as much, there's nothing cryptic about it, his house is full of human meat

The real bullshit is the NPCs who spawn only after you sit at a grace, like Millicent at the windmill village or Ranni's doll conversation to spawn the Baleful Shadow.

For me personally, I don't have as much time for viddy games anymore and typically won't replay a game unless replayability is a main focus of the game. If I don't see this useless npc's story to its completion in my playthrough I'll never see it period, and a part of me feels like I'm not getting a full experience and by extension, wasting money.

desu this is my only strong critique of fromsoft games, i really think the way they do quests is just obtuse especially all the backtracking. It is actually the most straight forward its ever been in Elden Ring but as "quest lines" they suck- i'm all for secrets and puzzles but some of the quests are just insane- idk how anyone is supposed to figure out half this shit if they're not just playing the game like a normal human

Attached: 1600990873056.jpg (582x743, 442.23K)

I explored and exploring is literally what failed his quest unknowingly

Why would you think that? Fighting games are 100% combat. Would you have the same expectation that NPCs are extremely fleshed out with questlines and everything?

I never even found Jarburg until my third playthrough.

Ranni's quest is doable

If you need to find the meteor location, just ask the giant smith

Just ignore cultists like thus one. Idk why you guy keep entertaining these retards

no wonder you miss so much shit if you pretend the world has nothing to offer

Most NPCs in From games, besides run of the mill merchants, have some kind of quest or interaction. The fact that they were looking for a new potentate should have been a clue there's more going on. Especially since you were told you weren't it.

Ranni's is definitely do-able, the only thing i didn't know was that you could free Blaidd at the hound evergaol, but i accidentally spoilered myself on this. Can you finish her quest without freeing Blaidd ?

>albinaurics had their way with his assistant
>too weak to fend off jar poachers
>meanwhile his brother is a double whip chad

embarrassing

Attached: 1647620390409.png (1280x720, 916.96K)

I think many players like completing these types of quests. Not seeing Jar Man ever again after Redmane and, after looking it up later, realizing that the likelihood of me ever finishing that quest naturally even with multiple playthroughs would be very unlikely, just feels like shit.

Blaidd frees himself without your help

Why play a game you KNOW is going to have cryptic quests if it makes you feel like shit?

Don't forget Millicent's summoning signs appearing after killing Tree Spirit #34 and then resting at a grace, then backtracking back to the completely empty and out-of-the-way tree spirit arena you would never have a reason to return to.

These dark souls quest-lines are fucking out of place in a world as big as the lands between.

How the fuck am I going to keep track of 15 different NPCs showing up in random spots? A lot of the time in places I've already been. You could even take note of everything they said to try and make sense of where they might be next but even then its not easy.

They expect me to autistically search every nook and cranny of this world again and again? Fuck that. The wiki and guides are an honest answer that any sane person would choose for this shit game design.

People can make up excuses for this shit all they like, but its lazy game design in my opinion.

>then backtracking back to the completely empty and out-of-the-way tree spirit arena you would never have a reason to return to.
But that isn't true. Millicent says she will die there and then you leave her be. Why would you not go back when NPC deaths ALWAYS end up dropping items.
Of course there's a reason to go back there to check what she drops.

I'm not saying there's no reason to go back to her body. I'm saying there's no reason to go back after killing the Tree Spirit.

>kill Radahn
>unknowingly fail half of my ongoing quests which seem completely unrelated to Radahn
beautiful work fromsoft

Attached: yup.jpg (1773x1773, 90.54K)

Because from put the NPCs and the quests in the game but a lot of players feel unsatisfied with how they were implemented? Like if you are going to put them in a game like elden ring with a huge budget you would expect more satisfying interactions? I guess you can argue unsatisfying gameplay is part of the souls experience though which is fair

Because you're not solving a puzzle, or figuring out where the NPC is from context clues, or doing the cool shit from games like Gothic where you have to read notes/listen to conversations to find the place/person you're looking for. You're just exploring a big field of fucking nothing and hoping to find a guy standing in the middle of nowhere to dripfeed you more cryptic dialogue, and guessing where they're going to go next even though there is literally no rhyme or reason to any of it.
>Hey friend, could you help find my servant Lanya? I can't tell where she has gone.
If this was a normal video game made by people who aren't brainlets, Diallos would say something like "House Hoslow was always a great supporter of the Academy. Sadly time and wear have eroded the once great town and our manor outside the city gates." It gives you a hint as to where Lanya could possibly have gone. Instead it's "Well if you find her tell me."
Then you find her corpse with Diallos finding her before you. Why was Lanya specifically being hunted? Was she a supporter of the Erdtree's grace specifically, which is why Rykard hunts select Tarnished down? Why was she mucking about some shithole ruins?Why was Diallos in the middle of some shithole ruins? Well good luck finding out!

We are talking about why ER quests are badly designed, has nothing to do with whether players discover them. If everyone completes them with a guide, bad quests are still bad quests bc its makes no fucking sense to have NPCs randomly show up halfway across the world or be under some gaol. Before you call me shazam I have 200 hours in this game and I like it

they hated him because he told the truth

When I finished the tree spirit her signs popped up immediately without needing to rest.

Still retarded because there was no motivation for me to fight the cancer tree without Millicent's guide because I had long since maxed out my flask count and knew they only dropped more seeds.

This level is literally impossible without the wiki
How are you supposed to know that you are supposed to go right when you could go left instead?
How are you even supposed to know that you can jump on top of the enemies heads?
Why do some of the blocks give you things and some don't?

Attached: 1_nZXkII7Fpv8mhHX8Svnwxw[1].jpg (625x302, 34.75K)

How the fuck were you supposed to know he was going to Jarburg? He just up and vanishes after Volcano Manor.

You fuckers wouldn't have lasted a day in Demon's Souls

Attached: file.png (1025x485, 612.47K)

I honestly got him mixed up with the Castle Morne guy. I assumed the "Revenger's Shack" invasion was him, getting vengeance for his tomboy gf, rather than the end to an NPC quest line on the opposite side of the continent.
>Finds his daughter's corpse
>Misbegotten cleaver, on a road where Misbegotten are attacking people, a road leading to Castle Morne, the new Misbegotten stronghold
>Swears he will get his revenge
>Google searches "where to go to get revenge"
>Revenger's Shack pops up
>Treks across the lands between as far as humanly possible from the things that killed his daughter to murder a bunch of people in a shack

Maybe they did show up. I just know that as soon as that faggot fucking tree popped up for the thirtieth fucking time, I looked up a guide to see if it was even worth my time to deal with it. Turns out, it's essential to a quest despite there being no indication of this. I figured I'd meet Millicent in Malenia's arena after beating her since, you know, her dialogue is about Malenia. Nope. Tree monster.

Summary of reasons iit
>Just backtrack bro
>Its supposed to be obscure
>You dont HAVE to complete every quest

huuum hello? didn't you speak to the little jar? he says a guy needs smooth hands to be their potentate and the that pussy has smooth hands. like, use your brain

>How the fuck am I going to keep track of 15 different NPCs showing up in random spots? A lot of the time in places I've already been. You could even take note of everything they said to try and make sense of where they might be next but even then its not easy.
Not to mention that you can permanently lock yourself out of a questline on the other side of the world because you progressed to an area you shouldn't have.

>just explore every inch AGAIN in case an NPC moved there after you have nothing left to do there
quit being retarded

Its not like that tells me anything. He isn't even there until I exhaust Jar Bairn's dialog and keep teleporting back there arbitrarily. Still mad we didn't get to see that Tomboy but at least there's Nepheli.

>we didn't get to see that Tomboy
You do get to see her though.

you would have to check every inch of the game dozens of times to finish every quest without reading the wiki. they often don't stand out in the landscape and can be difficult to find even when you know where they're meant to be.

true, i guess :(

that's what you get for murdering a guy with brain damage

update your game, pirate. they show up on the map now

Nah man can't say I remember the name of some throwaway boss from the first area in the game from like 75 fucking hours ago

wait this is an actual NPC?
no joke i have never seen this guy in my 180h of playing ER