Rayman 2 getting a remaster

>PC, Switch, Playstation, Xbox
>June 24th 2022
>$39.99
>updated visuals, camera, controls and more
>Black Forest games assisted with development

Attached: userlmn_ad0cc67a64890db950a97114e47717ac.png (1448x448, 1.77M)

proof?

I wrote a blogpost about why I fucking hate video games, cause this is what it does it appeals to like the publisher fantasy

I sincerely hope you're lying because I'm not paying 40 fucking Nepalese Pesos for Rayman 2

Attached: 1627684052945.jpg (690x1024, 106.81K)

The only good ports of the game are the ones that use the updated visuals but keep the old nonsense language voices and everything else intact

>another remake

There's so many differences across the seven or so versions of the Rayman 2 it's nearly impossible to please everyone if they actually do this.

I swear, if Ubisoft is using this to gauge interest for a new 3D Rayman game I'm going to be pissed.
YOU VIRGINS BETTER BUY THIS

Dreamcast is still the best version which I believe the 3DS version is also based on.

>40$ for a remaster of a 20 year old game
This isn't Atlus. Ubisoft isn't that fucking retarded.

Am I really going to buy this game for the 3rd time? I already played the Dreamcast and 3DS versions.

>updated visuals
by that you mean butchered art style i assume?
and zoomers will defend it

Idk user, Ubisoft seems to have forgotten Rayman even exists.

My gf loves Rayman 2. I don't get it.

Attached: 1649867097197.png (599x768, 551.15K)

let the fans remake it
pic related is one of the most fun games i've played in a while

Attached: poster_rayman-redemption.png (315x440, 61.68K)

No one liked Rayman 2 though.

I like Rayman 2

My nigga. It was certainly an experience.

wouldn't they remake the PS2 version since it's the one with the most content?

Rayman's being carted off to become spinoff fodder again. Ubisoft doesn't give a shit. I don't believe a single word of what you said, despite how much I want it.

Attached: 1648973093847.jpg (2048x1536, 292.09K)

Wasn't the source code leaked recently?

The Rayman Maker from the same guy was even better
plus it got a level repository online to boot

Attached: Rayman-ReDesigner-2021-Jeu-vido.jpg (653x900, 136.3K)

The new content wasn't approved by Michel Incel, so it has been omitted from future releases. It has shitty technical performance so it wouldn't be ideal.
Definitive edition according to him isn't the Windows version but the DreamCast version.

I don't wanna believe this but unfortunately it's common knowledge that Ubisoft employees shill their projects here constantly...
Can't you monsters just let Rayman die in peace already?!

>art style
Oh shit what are they doing

It was pretty successful and most people have fond memories of it. It's just a really enjoyable game.

Attached: EqpjVtBXIAM4PYb.jpg (3052x3213, 2M)

Ubi Soft would have no intention of pleasing anyone.

Still think Yea Forumsirgins should make a level pack or something.

Granted it's not like using the Dreamcast version helped, considering the 3DS version is pretty on some fronts and also has things removed from the DC version.

I'd just make level architecture that reads NIGGERS, KIKES etc.

That's my boy!

Yeah, but that honestly loses its luster after maybe 2.

wtf are you smoking, it's the best game of the classic Rayman series.

Based Redemption chads. I need to finish the true boss rush and no damage Dark Legacy sometime.

Attached: 1616963774209.png (680x680, 264.1K)

is rayman 2 the most ported game ever
you got n64, dreamcast, gamecube, gba, ds, 3ds

rayman 2 ruined a generation of 3d platformers

If only they gave Rayman 4 a chance and released even a partial beta of what it was supposed to be like before the Rabbids cancer tumor taking over. But at least there's the GBA version that survived (even though renamed Raving Rabbids despite being a 2D platformer)

they've made so many versions of this game that there's not much reason to care. just play the DC or PC version

Ps2, GBC, and iOS .

I agree, none of them had cat fairies afterwards.

Attached: cat.png (527x883, 87.94K)

I think it's gotten beat by RE4.

It's been pretty interesting to watch what people managed to unearth from Raving Rabbids regarding the original Rayman 4 at least.

Let me guess
>Not based on Revolution
Also reminder that rayman 2 is on steam but you can't buy it because they only made it available through pre-ordering origins

>one of the most ported games in history is getting remastered
Why tho

I hate to break it to you but...the rabbids tumor goes far back than you think. Rayman 4s plot revolved around the rabbits with them being the antagonist of the game. So I guess it was doomed from the start.

What does this change from the original?

Why's Dreamcast the best? I heard Revolution on PS2 was the best

Attached: 1649597948744.webm (640x640, 3M)

Revolution adds pointless content and added the shitty real language voice acting

Sauce?

>I heard Revolution on PS2 was the best
no

Redemption is a totally reimagined game with new levels, new powerups, new bosses and a lot of other content.

the PS1 version is actually the first one with real language

Nostalgia fags will say the dreamcast version is the best yet revolution added a significant amount of content and overhauled the originally way too easy game for the better.
Don't listen to them.

>Murphy's Re/v/enge
>it's a Rayman Junior level with death traps behind wrong answers on Yea Forums trivia

Attached: 1634448418825.png (442x633, 369.96K)

Yeah this is what I'd heard, that the difficulty was braindead in any version except Revolution. Guess i'll give it a try

vät is dis

Dreamcast is the best on a technical level and is considered the definitive version by Ancel. Revolution changes some things, such as adding hub worlds and a couple things that aren't all that good like the overly long space invaders minigame and the performance being stuck at 30 FPS (though you can bypass that through emulation). Some people prefer it, some don't, ultimately you're still left with a solid game at its core.

I don't know why people keep bringing up the voice acting as a negative, considering you can immediately turn it back to Raymanian. It's only the PS1 version that's locked to English VA.

Attached: CgfV-gBWwAAGANT.jpg (1200x650, 127.9K)

>See you on Yea Forums, fag

Attached: 320px-Murfy1_R3.jpg (320x240, 23.79K)

What the FUCK is that literal Calarts looking shit

Attached: 1643092640557.jpg (828x809, 199.57K)

>Also reminder that rayman 2 is on steam but you can't buy it because they only made it available through pre-ordering origins
If you want something even more infuriating, Rayman 2 used to be on the PS3 store, but you could only buy the PS1 version. Revolution was region-locked to the US.

Attached: 1157140_bridgeoffaust_rayman-2-thingie.png (1080x971, 2.1M)

The main valid point is that revolution has framerate issues on the ps2, but emulation fixes that entirely.

It's up there but no, many beat it at that.

>So I guess it was doomed from the start.
No it wasn't user. The Rabbids were not only meant to be another enemy like the Robo Pirates and Hoodlums but they were also creepy by E-rated standards. Completely different than the proto-minions they're known as.

Attached: Game Boy Advance - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Giant Rabbid.png (1200x1100, 220.81K)

Personally I think the length of the space invaders minigame is also pretty horrid, and some are on the fence about the shop system for upgrades, but I can live with the latter. Still my favorite version because of more Ly, even if her face wasn't quite right either.

Attached: 9226.jpg (1609x3072, 815.13K)

Have you given it a go? It's a traditional 2D style 3D platformer. Despite being early in the 2D platforming space, the camera is rather competent and doesn't require much engagement from your side. It isn't a sandbox game and doesn't have a complex moveset, but there's a great deal of variety and you have some traversal and combat gimmicks that come along as you progress.

It's honestly shocking how well Rayman controls in 2, especially with ledge grab, when you consider how 3D games couldn't get controls right for many years before and after.

It's funny cause Ubisoft originally wanted the game to have tank controls because that was the norm at the time

Ubisoft being retarded is a tale as old as time

Attached: h-o-k-u-rayman-and-ly-the-fairy.jpg (1201x1700, 341.79K)

Yeah, the run feels decent, the jump is very readable and consistent, the ledge grab is great for recovery and as a sort of handicap for failure, and there are a lot of interesting novelties going on mechanically.
I don't know if that's true, but I vaguely remember reading that a game called Tonic Trouble was actually made as a learning experience to figure out 3D prior to jumping into 3D development for Rayman 2.