Where the fuck is Tekken 8

Attached: 0010644.jpg (1280x720, 118.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAsHdFZ6_Ik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its going to be rehashed as a soulslike open world game, you play as kazuya and you can only do electrics with r1 for 200 hours

>you play as Kazuya

Why Kazuyafags are so delusional? T7's ending established that Kazuya is the villain while Jin is the protagonist

But Kazuya did nothing wrong? And neither did heihachi

>T7's ending established that Kazuya is the villain
which is extremely dull of Namco and Harada. People liked Kazuya for years on the basis of implied nuance while for 7 they threw any of that away by making retarded broken English Twitter replies like "Kazuya literally the devil. There is no soul to speak."

I'm still fine with 7, I'm not ready to shill out hundreds of dollars for another tekken but this time with fancier grafix.

See you at evo ;)

Tekken's strength and weakness is that every entry plays mostly the same. If you played Kazuya well in Tekken 5:DRO you could come into Tekken 7 and play well without taking into account all the new mechanics. You could not really achieve this with a game like say, Street Fighter II Ryu into Street Fighter IV Ryu or Street Fighter V Ryu. They are too fundamentally different.
Like we know what Tekken 8 will be: a flashy graphics next gen version of Tekken with some tweaks to minor elements like rage or armor moves. You WILL be able to pick up where you left off in Tekken 7 while with games like Street Fighter 6 all we can do is speculate what the new game will play like with a strong degree of certainty that it will play very differently from all previous entries.

Attached: F0015DF8-B616-46B4-A51C-7B63C93B648D.jpg (1125x1585, 2.59M)

Good luck, pretty sure Harada has said something retarded recently in public about not wanting to release any information about an upcoming title the same year as SF6 is announced.

Yeah besides killing a lot of people, both of them being absolute tyrants when they ruled over Zaibatsu, Heihachi killing his own Wife and beating his own son to death, and Kazuya starting War World 4 at the end of T7 because he wants absolute control and hates humanity so much.

Throughout the series, Jin was shown as a tragic hero who wants to set things right but cannot because of people and events that he has no control over. In Tekken 6 (a game where the story of the series went full retard) he basically became Hitler and started World War 3. He did it because he wanted to save Humanity from Azazel and get rid of the Devil Gene forever., but that doesn't change the fact that he lost his status as a clear hero either way. Tekken 8 is his chance for redemption.

Attached: Tekken 5 Artwork - Jin Kazama.jpg (640x1800, 463.47K)

It's the opposite actually, but I don't even want to explain anymore

Idk, I think there might be riots at evo if they don't announce something at this point

I'm so sick of Jin

I do actually think that they NEED to announce something. We need to remember that Tekken 7 was actually a shoe string budget game after the disaster that was Tag 2. If the new Tekken is taking longer to develop because 9 million sales of T7 means that Namco are finally putting some money behind their next instalment i would not be surprised. Same thing is happening with SF6.

Harada is literally scared and waiting for Capcom to fuck up. Did you missed 3 to 4 and 5 to 6 era? It’s that again

>Kekken 8 reveal at EVO
R.I.P. Rip's ripped off arm because of Tasty Steve

that would fucking suck jin is boring

Shit nigger you are making me excited for fighting games again

Just play tekken 7, it's just going to be the same shit like the previous tekken games

Why would they announce their biggest fg at EVO when SummerFest is a month before with all the normal people watching. If they announce it at Evo they will just show the logo and two models like Capcom did

Nah... He's a perfectly good character in terms of premise and personality, it's just that Tekken 6 fucked him me hard. His characterization as a tragic altruistic hero was thrown out the window for no reason.

Attached: CR Tekken Asuka, Jin And Devil.webm (640x360, 2.88M)

I hope you dont actually believe this

No he's not. Jin is by definition a failed protagonist, the entire reason Kazuya got brought back was because Jin failed to live up to his fathers charisma and presence. Kazuya and Heihachi remain the true face of Tekken, Jin, despite being heavily marketed and pushed as such for multiple games, never got the same reception as either of them. There's a reason Kazuya ended up in Smash, and not Jin, for example. And the entire reason they had Jin turn into an anti hero is because they were trying to get people to like him as much as they like Kazuya and Heihachi, and even that didn't work. It just annoyed the fans that liked the previous version of Jin.

In development

I'm don't remember much of the Tekken Story, but didn't Jin turn into a huge crime boss or some shit and had plans to bomb people?

tekken 8 will be the half life 3 of fighters

Attached: harada.png (532x532, 458.76K)

Bring back Akuma

All these retards at Bamco need to do is separate Jin and DJ into two different entities. (Physical split, not just gameplay).
But, I don't have high hopes for Bamco. These retards don't or can't seem to understand how to keep a game updated enough for the community to enjoy long enough. T7 was a fucking fluke with it's longevity till now. They won't pull shit like this again. Look at the state of Dark Souls online being rampant with hackers and SC being dead (again).

Attached: 1619711272725.jpg (351x354, 54.8K)

how is being cynical useful? Why can't it be that?

In Tekken 6 they realized Jin still wasn't beloved like Kazuya or Heihachi so in order to try and win over the fans they had him turn into an anti-hero that started World War 3 and got hundreds of millions of people killed, but it was still noble and good since he was doing it to stop an ANCIENT EVIL (Azazel) and destroy the Devil Gene forever. Naturally, it completely failed and the only thing it did was annoy several Jin fans who liked the previous, tragic hero characterization he had.

The story went and took a backflip off a skyscraper after 5.
Basically Jin starts WW3 and bombs people to wake up some crystal lizard chicken in the middle of the desert through the suffering of the victims in this war so he can kill it and potentially get the devil gene erased from his body. He kills the lizard, but he still has the gene, meaning that starting WW3 was utterly pointless.
Also Tekken 7 reveals that the ending of Tekken 4 was "a few months earlier" Meaning that the timespan between 5 and 7 was probably less than a fucking year. This means that Jin probably had a month or a few weeks at best for his major plan, and his best idea was to start WW3 instead of finding an alternate method to wake up the crystal lizard like hosting another tournament to awaken it or something.

It’ll be literally Tekken 4 and 6 all over again, except 7 was a fluke, compared to 3 and 5 ,history repeats itself

>except 7 was a fluke
nah it was actually fun. I know it's some sort of meme crime to not pretend that Tekken 3 or Tag 1 is the best game but i honestly like 7 even more than Tekken 5:DRO and that one was really very good.

>Jin is by definition a failed protagonist

Yeah, that's why the new Tekken anime is all about him and not Kazuya. And also why he's presented as the protagonist to this day and why Tekken 8 is set up as him finally killing Kazuya and saving the world

>Kazuya got brought back was because Jin failed to live up to his fathers charisma and presence

Kazuya got brought back because people at Namco liked him so much and because the writers at the time wanted to make the story about Jin facing his father

>Jin, despite being heavily marketed and pushed as such for multiple games, never got the same reception as either of them

It doesn't change the fact that Jin is still a really a popular and recognizable character to this day and quite liked among fans especially Japanese fans

>There's a reason Kazuya ended up in Smash and not Jin

Yeah, and the reason is that if Sakurai wants to add a character from a certain franchise he's always starting from the beginning adding the first protagonists and then adding the ones from later entries. The only reason why Kazuya got added instead of Jin is that he was the protagonist in the first game

>And the entire reason they had Jin turn into an anti hero is that they were trying to get people to like him as much as they like Kazuya and Heihachi, and even that didn't work

They made Jin an anti-hero in 6 because in 6 the entire story went full retard because of the change in writers between games. Guys who started writing the story after 5 had no idea what they are doing, and they still don't

Attached: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Artwork 16519121280-2.png (995x487, 848.4K)

holy cringe

Haradas a faggot and said he wouldn't release a Tekken in the same year as a new SF because they will cannibalise each other. So don't expect it until 2024.

>holy cringe

Attached: 1312159.png (827x1033, 490.84K)

honestly based, so many great fighting games have gone and pass by because they try to launch in an awful time

>Kazuya got brought back because people at Namco liked him so much
Not the guy you are replying to user but i hear that it was a ton of fan backlash that got him back too. Tag 1 was a half step because it was non canon and Kazuya was his young self in it and then they made him canon again in T4, even made sure he was the one with the move set while Jin's was changed entirely in order to not be a clone like they basically were in Tag 1

Asuka Kazama's thighs.

Wrapped around my neck.

Fuck Kekken. Where is SOUL calibur 7

in the grave user

Attached: 1621511338178.jpg (498x457, 25.13K)

i mean if harada wants to drop out of fgs completely that's fine with me. there is a huge lack in regards to 3d fighters at the moment so any incentive for other devs to fill that niche is welcome.

Wrapped around Lili's neck*

Tekken 8 will have angel jin and heihachi’s long lost brother nipachi.

See you at evo.

I’m so starved for new 3D fighters that I’ll even settle for dead or alive 7.

oh god it's coming, it's coming out im

Soul Calibur is dead, it failed to gain significant traction and companies aren't satisfied with games that have a niche market anymore. It's why fighting games in general are on the verge of dying off and only still exist due to legacy titles, and the list of survivors even there grows shorter by the year. Hell, KOF might be done now with how poorly the last game sold.

That will never happen, the DOA developers realized their fanbase was by and large far more interested in the girls than the fighting game, and have pivoted accordingly. It's making far more money now with far less effort than it ever did before. It's a gacha game forever now.

What? What is coming out??

Jin is one lucky mather fucker

Attached: Asuka Is Objectively The Best Girl.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

You just know that she was soaking wet here.

god i wish that were me

It's long gone user

i feel you man. i feel you

Attached: SAD.png (500x500, 234.84K)

i just want my wife jun to come back

Attached: tekken-tag-tournament-2-jun-kazama-2560x1600-wallpaper-wwwwa_kns8.jpg (800x500, 59.97K)

its between Josies ass cheeks

Attached: image_2022-04-13_174755559.png (1600x2286, 1.94M)

The only thing coming on her back is Kazuya Mishima you dig?

I would kill for a new version of the scenario mode that was in 6
youtube.com/watch?v=NAsHdFZ6_Ik
such a cool story mode for a fighting game

Its insane how T7 is basically only alive and playable 3D fighter while 2D shit gets new games every year even arena fighter fags have a lot bigger choice lol..

no

Attached: Download.jpg (218x231, 10.64K)

what happened to the guy who would shit up tekken threads like clockwork? did he die?

No. It's going to be Tekken but without disgusting 3rd party fighters. At least for a while. Unless they go full retard and include Akuma gain or something.

Harada said he has something to show but it's too soon after SF6 reveal on the roundtable. It would have been shown at E3 but that's cancelled so we probably won't get any guaranteed news until EVO

Yeah i bet she did bend over like that with those jap tits hanging just like that when she put her mouth to Kazuya's fully hard dick bro
She sucked it bro