2022... I am forgotten

2022... I am forgotten...

Attached: Darkest-Dungeon-II.main_.jpg (2560x1440, 677.82K)

yeah because it sucks they removed everything that made the first game fun and added gay relationships to pander to woketards instead
many such cases

Next time don't be shit

>Can't mod big titty anime girl in the game
DOA

Only game i have been hyped about in the last... dunno maybe 10 years.
And its just meh... I think that the combat is a literal 100% improvement over the first one but EVERYTHING else is a downgrade.
That will teach me to have hope, 1400 hours in DD1 and now.... this.

I feel the opposite, they removed the grinding and made it a more concentrated experience. I have hundreds of hours in the first game but finished it maybe twice because I would always get burnt out by week 40 or so. The issue with 2 is just a complete lack of content, it's been out for like 6 or 7 months now and there's been 1 fairly insubstantial update. There's maybe 20 hours of content there right now.

It is an EGS exclusive. Turns out the fortnight children don’t care fir ball crushing, dark, and difficult RPGs.

Wonder when devs will figure out Timmy isn’t paying for an EGS exclusive as much as he’s paying for no one to play your games.

Interesting game, absolute shit narration. It was like the guy was trying to keep from vomiting as he read the script.

I just feel like it has completely lost the appeal of the original. You feel no attachment to your characters and you have no fear of them dying because a single game is measured in minutes, not hours. in dd1 you play with the same characters for hours and if one dies it's a big deal. dd2 just feels cheap in comparison.
the lack of updates is of course not helping.

seems like metacritic is right for once

Attached: ddcritic.png (654x417, 49.17K)

also means it's never coming out

RNGs*

I always went for stagecoach upgrades first so heroes dying was never a big deal for me. If anything it's a much larger hinderance in 2 because you can't just abandon the mission, you have to press on with whoever you have left. And once you get a new hero they're usually substantially worse because upgrades are a limited resource in 2.

I think 2 has real potential, but it just has less content than even the first early access version of 1.

>no reynauld

Attached: reycute.jpg (1200x848, 157.49K)

>reviewbombed by Gabe's assmunchers instead of Timmy Tencent's assmunchers
this proves nothing about the game's quality

this this this
I was super excited for DD2 when the trailer dropped years ago
needless to say I'm extremely disappointed
I don't get how they could fuck it up so hard. Did they hire new directors or what?

Attached: 1626641685723.jpg (807x659, 41.62K)

>34 reviews
>review bombing

They could have kept the metagame while still going on a journey. Just make them have a full on traveling caravan you can upgrade and make the journey a lot longer.

Attached: triggered.jpg (378x240, 28.37K)

It's absolute garbage, it deserves to be forgotten. Instead of expanding on character building and base building, they removed both entirely. The game plays and feels like a cheap mobile phone game, it has absolutely zero depth and tries to sell itself on its style and presentation alone. There is no meat on the bone in this pallid and sparse offering, and with the design choices they made it is not fixable.

Good.

The last patch was fucking great, a massive step in the right direction. But I'm going to wait for the release version from now.

Good. Fuck woke shit.

Every atom of soul got sucked out of the sequel.

>WOKESHIT

Attached: 1213561356.jpg (886x1080, 116.77K)

It's not "woke shit", unless you consider their lazy as fuck "relationship system" woke because it doesn't bother to differentiate between sexes when creating "romances", it's the fact the entire game has no depth whatsoever. It is mind numbingly boring and shallow, this game doesn't deserve to get off so easy as being pilloried for politics, that is far too merciful, no, it is straight up a bad and unenjoyable game, period. The only thing this game will do after it is released is create a resurgence of the people that liked the series going back to replay DD1 again.

>remove stuff your players liked
>change the entire structure of the game
>release on a new storefront nobody likes
>tell your fans to deal with it lmao

Why are game devs like this?

If there indeed are 'many such cases' then perhaps its time either accept those game developer's decisions for their piece of the medium ,acknowledge that you're on the wrong side of history and take the necessary corrective steps on your behalf to amend that or go quietly in the night.

As other people have said the combat and the atmosphere/polish are all utterly fantastic, its just the whole road trip idea is so weird thematically and feels so trivial compared to the long campaign of the first one. I think they want you to feel like reaching the mountain is this big 'finally at the end of the road' moment but it literally takes like two hours to get there compared to the first game taking at least 50. Time isn't everything and the thematics of the second one are arguably on par with the first due to how well it's presented but it just doesn't feel nearly as earned as a result of it being so quick.

My strongest guess is they played a lot of FTL and thought its structure was cool. It's borderline a rip off in a different setting.

It's mainly the fact they stripped out all the base building and character building mechanics of the first game, instead of, you know, EXPANDING ON THEM, like any intelligent dev team would've done. Why the FUCK they removed such an integral part of the game is beyond me. DD2 is absolute dogshit.

everything that tries to pander to you becomes shit, no exception
dilate and 41

>facing limitless pain, certain death and abominations beyond human imagination
>HONEY WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT OUR GAY TRANS RELATIONSHIP

Attached: judenjäger.jpg (1200x1539, 235.81K)

I really want a mercenary management game on a slightly wider scale. Platoon or company strength where the player is slightly more removed from the action. Instead of four guys going up against an eldritch nightmare, you are essentially a raid leader.

How is it woke?

Can't have a crusader in there, that's male toxicity and anti Islamic. Red Hood are woke assholes so honestly I think that might actually have been the training, given how they polluted the rest of their own game.

I played DD1 since the earliest public beta and it didn't have any depth at all before the second DLC was out. And finally felt like a finished game after CoM release patch.
They just wanted to make it a story based game without turning it into a literal text adventure. Stop doomposting and using your 2015 buzzwords.

Attached: crusader.jpg (1000x1768, 565.66K)

Didnt they remove the Vestal and the Crusader for being pious?
Anti christian shit

It's the same devs, and their excuse is that they didn't want to make the same game over again. Which is fair, but they hit gold and decided to try for silver but ended up with shit.

You know, for a game inspired by fucking Lovecraft and middle age beliefs, they put in a lot of anti christian stuff, same sex relationships, and POC characters

It's because the community made 'deus vult' memes, and that's too right wing.

>Anti christian shit
Shouldn't play this game in the first place.

People keep saying this on Yea Forums but where is your source for this?

>anti christian stuff
>POC characters

Attached: cmo.png (480x452, 436.76K)

>wrong side of history
that sounds like faggot speak, boi

If your best fucking defense of the sorry state of this game is to say "well, it's not worth time or money right now, but it MIGHT be at some point in the future", maybe you should just shut your fucking mouth and fuck off. The game is GARBAGE.

Epicbros... we were handed the L fair and square...

I nodded the first game to fill it full of big titty monsters and to give all the characters big titties. If the second one has no big titties then it is not worth getting.

I would rather a game I get burnt out playing halfway through everytime but continue to go back to than a game I play once, get kinda bored by, don't get invested in and do not go back to.
You cannot combine a roguelike short loop experience with attachment to your characters and risk of losing them, it doesn't work, nobody will care and most people will just happily restart if anyone dies because it's a 1 hour time investment anyway so they're not losing anything.
A short experience also massively hampers the whole loot and upgrading part - which is what people like the most.

My reynauld had so many negative quirks and a disease from the first mission i tossed him almost immediately

You're obsessed, seek help. He's literally not in the game because he's the cannon sacrifice at the end of 1, out of all the characters he makes the most sense for that role.

>Faggest Dungeon 2
yup, pass

maybe same devs, but a different owner for sure. just look at the "female" characters, actual trannies now. alongside gay marriage ingame, coincidence? you know the answer.

i didn't even know that DD2 even existed
are you faggots trolling with the gay shit? how the fuck can you shove in gay shit in fucking DD, if i was payed to put gay shit in the game i literally wouldn't know how so what is this all aobut?

Attached: 1569777375817.jpg (250x600, 128.59K)

Dd1 was ok with everything

good, I hope the shitty ass first game gets forgotten too and these niggerloving devs get to starve on the streets.

why is there so much samefagging in this thread?
what did the devs do to piss off all thee of you parroting the same shit over and over again?

Attached: soulful modding experience.jpg (700x1000, 549.2K)

/vpol/ cope thread, still DD 2 is bad

They removed the Virtue/Affliction system and instead your characters form "relationships", beneficial and negative, depending on how well you manage your stress. Some of the relationships are lovers types, and it doesn't differentiate between sex so for example the Highwayman and Man-At-Arms can be lovers. It's really not woke so much as it is lazy bullshit that is an objectively shit system in every way possible, the Virtue/Affliction system was a thousand times better and far more interesting than the "relationships" garbage DD2 has done. It's super fucking annoying and lame, too, your characters constantly bark random quips to each other and it gets real old, real fast. Another TRASH system to replace a much better system from the first game, that pretty much sums up DD2 in its entirety.

Attached: 1635267823066.jpg (740x702, 224.89K)

Leper makes more sense and he's back

I'm not denying that. it will most likely never live up to the original, not even the black reliquary mod, but is text on the screen saying "highwayman and leper are gay boys now" really all it takes to elicit this sort of meltdown these days?

Attached: 213524658.png (470x815, 428.65K)

Darkest Dungeon only got worse after the first dlc