Empty fields = immersive game

The more empty fields the more immersive it is.

Attached: ytutrutyu.png (1306x551, 1.14M)

>zelda oot and dark souls are open world
>BUT THOSE HAVE INSTANCES SO THEYR'E NOT OPEN WORLD
>botw has instances
>skyrim has instances

why

unironically yes?

The concept of an interconnected world is amazing, but the way it's usually implemented is horrible
>botw
>elden ring
>rdr2
>witcher 3
All of them would've been better if they followed dark souls 1 style with actual level design. Or if they used hubs, they're great

Days since Yea Forums has seethed at Minecraft: 0

Attached: flat.jpg (1280x661, 112.72K)

Minecraft is a sandbox. You can create an immersive world out of said fields, it does not offer a prepackaged experience.

it wouldn't be boring if the game had good graphics to look at.
tendie pedos just pretended this is a masterpeice because they never played an open world before

Attached: BOTW twitter.jpg (1730x1220, 411.49K)

Why did you steal my screenshot

Attached: screenshot_705.png (2560x1440, 3.52M)

the real world is pretty much empty with like 10% human settlements. so yes its immersive.

Because it showcases everything that is wrong with this game.

This.
I generally prefer my games to be less fun and interesting and more tedious

I disagree

Attached: screenshot_735.png (2560x1440, 3.21M)

You're wrong and your taste demonstrates that you're low IQ and hence easily engaged.

In BOTW I knew all weapons were the same and only needed to look for shrines that pinged

In Elden Ring I have to go through every inch and corner of the open world like a lawn mower so I don't miss a hidden essential weapon

>newfags using normalfag twitter memes
kill yourself

Holy shit this game is ugly

I'm immersed in your mom

Mad?

Attached: screenshot_722.png (2560x1440, 3.44M)

>The more empty fields the more immersive it is.

This, but actually somewhat unironically.

A certain degree of emptiness is a requirement for a world to feel immersive, you can't find something interesting every step you take, because that would come off completely artificial and fake. Open World games need a certain degree of emptiness to drive home the fact that this isn't just a world that exists for your pleasure(to a reasonable degree of course). If you want to make a player feel immersed in a game, there has to be moments of quietness to contrast with the exciting stuff. If Shadow of the Colossus had just between fighting each boss back to back instantly without having to go out and find them in the world, it would have been a shitty ass game.

Attached: 219860.jpg (425x600, 149.05K)

Days since Yea Forums has seethed at Minecraft: 0
Greatest
Game
Of
All
Time.

Attached: 2016-06-02-image-23.jpg (2284x1682, 644.29K)

noooo adhd redditors need to find a "secret" every step and tweet about it

What is there to be mad about

I mean irl fields are pretty empty

Shitting is also realistic and immersive, should it be a gameplay feature?

>he never played sims

Trico shat in Last Guardian and it made him more believable as a creature so maybe!???!?!?

>make ur own fun bro lol

you could flush the toilet in skyward sword, with no use case other than "immerse" you

Would your experience of Elden ring be enhanced if the character shat and needed shaving?

>Would your experience of Elden ring be enhanced if the character shat
that would make the dung eater more believable
>and needed shaving?
it was cool in witcher 3

Cities exist in real life, is thier lack of empty, quiet nothing supposed to kill my immersion in the real world? I don't go to empty grass field irl for immersion, much less entertainment.

>I don't go to empty grass field irl for immersion, much less entertainment.

That's because you're non-white.

Holy fucking stab in the dark.

>I don't go to empty grass field irl for immersion, much less entertainment.
but when you want to go to another town in a medieval setting, you have to walk through empty fields in the real world too.

>Holy fucking stab in the dark.

Because you're black kek.

One of the reason's I don't timetravel to the medieval setting, it's boring.

my problem is that the empty fields arent big enough. you can always see important landmarks whereever you are

Ah yes, I need more non-content.

Whats with all the BotW schizo threads lately? I mean, more than usual.

It's a little deeper than that. People have this (sometimes subconscious) assumption that bigger, more true to scale worlds are inherently more immersive. A fully explorable, realistically sized town should be more immersive than a handful of buildings serving as a representation of a town or large parts of it gated off in the background, right? However, someone has to actually make all that stuff so what ends up happening in reality is that the world ends up bigger, but the level of care given to each part of it is considerably lower overall. No one actually think that big empty fields are more immersive. They're just used to pad out games and give them the scale that people think is immersive.
People could stand to take a few lessons from animation. The impression someone gets from something is often more important than what's actually there. And sometimes that means that less is more. An attack can have more energy and impact if you don't draw out the entire, realistic motion. And seeing a mountain in the distance that you can't climb might just make the world feel bigger.

large open world with dense forests that take hours to navigate when?

Never. Cost outweighs demand. Unless you want a proceduraly generated walking simulator.

Some open world games do it right, like pic related. It has more depth than most ubisoft games or RDR or even BOTW, despite lacking a third dimension. It just gives you more freedom, and takes advantage of the world. Nothing is there for the sake of "filler" when you think about it, because every single block can be mined and used in whatever way you choose. The very ground itself, the mountains in the distance, the oceans at the ends of the world, they exist to be manipulated and destroyed, and recreated. That's a level of interactivity that not even the most expensive AAA game could offer.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 60.79K)

This. Nerds really think if you go outside you’ll find dungeons and secrets in every crevice but if you go to the woods or something its just a bunch of grass and trees

Yeah but the combat is appalling so the game sucks ass.hxs

>It has more depth

Its literally fucking 2D LOL what are you smoking?

Lmao

Nigger if I wanted to be bored to tears I would wander around outside or play truck simulator. I pay money to be entertained.

I liked how Death Stranding attempted this.
Would love to see more games like it.

Filtered.

>zoomers are so ADHD riddled they need to find something every 2 meters to keep their dopamine levels high
The fondest memories of BOTW are me running across a field and just taking in the world. Hated every instance of Yiga faggots appearing or finding an obvious Korok structure because I got ripped out of my meditative state.

Why is that relevant? He clearly did not mean depth in the dimensional sense.

Sitting on the toilet let you regain health like any other chair

>"Filtered"
>can'teven grasp games in 3 dimensions

Attached: EamOsFwXgAEG-pj.jpg (892x609, 60.13K)

How? The area he's looking out over isn't even that empty. Also, the biggest problems with the game are low enemy variety and the way shrines and divine beasts were used in place of more traditional zelda dungeons. Neither of those things are represented in the picture.

Fuck off to truck simulator you tedious bore.

I can grasp them in 3 dimensions, which is why I also liked Minecraft. It's just that Terraria is superior.

>Why is that relevant? He clearly did not mean depth in the dimensional sense.

So how the fuck do you propose that a simplistic 2D game is going to deliver an experience on par with something like BotW or Elden Ring, are you actually single digit IQ?

Attached: 20220412_144245.jpg (2880x2880, 1012.09K)

death stranding mixed with everquest next's idea of having a separate minecraft-esque game where the best builds could get plopped into the actual game

Never was an issue with me. Loved the hunting you can do in between trips in rdr2

it turns out that what most gamers really want to do is run around outside

Mechanical depth. If I was single digit IQ I would be illiterate you imbecile.

hiking is pretty great. the only part that ruins it is the the best trails always have other hikers, which ruins the experience for me

Ask /vr/

>driving around in the motorcycle doing stupid stunts and trying to kill enemies by running them over
I really can’t see the issue

Autists like calming, repetitive tasks that sane people find boring.

>let's just skip level design create a massive, boring, empty world for zoomers to look at and be amazed
Fuck off, why not watch paint dry instead. Old games were hand-crafted to provide the best experience (see: F.E.A.R) while open world garbage is a new thing

>Mechanical depth

What fucking nonsense. The sheer complexity of BotW's game engine makes an utter fucking mockery of your 2D pixel shit indie mobile trash lmao. What are you smoking?

>top: cinematic set piece with nothing to do
>middle: cinematic set piece with nothing to do
>bottom: player is wearing armor he personally crafted, while standing ontop of destructible terrain that he can mine, beside a house he built from scratch

ZAMN, that's gotta hurt.

Attached: 1644908233953.jpg (241x230, 20.67K)

Depth cannot exist without challenge.

>X/Y axis

Play some REAL video games lmao

Sane people must not like video games much

Nice bait I guess. Fuck this website is boring.

Plenty of video games that are engaging and not repetetive nigger.

>every single video game that existed before the N64/PS1 don't count as video games

Attached: nm93snupy1i31.jpg (2159x868, 94.34K)

But that's not Xenoblade Chronicles.

jesus what the fuck ??? java is so unpopular ?? all the person i know who play mc are playing on java and maybe pocket