This game is way more fun on higher difficulties. And once you've got more moves...

This game is way more fun on higher difficulties. And once you've got more moves. I'm also enjoying the story bits in the van that I didn't catch the first time. And iti's awesome how yo ucan customize the battle themes for each character. DMC thread?

Attached: Devil_May_Cry_5.jpg (293x341, 31.07K)

pity bump

thanks i guess. favorite thing added in 5?

I think this game is a masterpiece but I definitely agree the first playthrough is one of the game's flaws, but I don't really feel there's an elegant solution to it.

The game locks away harder difficulties because it introduces so many mechanics in the first playthrough and you basically need a lot of them to handle the later playthroughs. The game is already insanely complex as is so I think adding difficulty on top of that for new players would be a bad idea. The character switching is clearly done for pacing and variety in the campaign, but for a lot of new players its a lot to handle.

If they wanted to increase difficulty for first time players, they would have to cut down on complexity and have fewer unlockable moves like DMC1 and DMC3 did. The best solution is probably that there should have been one extra difficulty between Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda.

>The best solution is probably that there should have been one extra difficulty between Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda
Just like in reboot lmao. And yet there are more issues:
>do you just devil hunter+ with enemies doing more damage?
>do you add new enemy spawns for such difficulty which basically Son Of Sparda lite?

Name my band.

Attached: 20220411224548_1.jpg (1920x1080, 346.57K)

Boring as fuck, why do people like this shit, memes and a song? The gameplay is ass, level design is boring and shit, bosses are the biggest fucking joke ever

Attached: 1632560906786.jpg (600x315, 30.02K)

Because Ninja Gaiden is dead and Bayonetta is locked away on a meme console, DMC is the last good action game left.

Cheer-up Crewcut
that's a gimmick boss and its fun to style on

I appreciate that they let you unlock higher difficulties if you beat Urizen in the prologue, but you're so underpowered and he has a fuck ton of life on top of the crystal you have to keep destroying. It should be a standard to have hard mode unlocked from the start in action games.

>I appreciate that they let you unlock higher difficulties if you beat Urizen in the prologue
I didn't know this. Is it just one up higher difficulty, or all of them?

That's exactly why they lock harder difficulties away, they're designed around you being fully upgraded. I agree the default difficulties could be harder though.

one up.

>I didn't know this. Is it just one up higher difficulty, or all of them?

You beat Devil Hunter prologue you unlock Son of Sparda.
You beat Son of Sparda prologue you unlock DMD
etc

Reading books is my social media.

Attached: 20220411232303_1.jpg (1920x1080, 349.14K)

cheers

Attached: D1eeNItVsAAIEQ4.jpg (1024x600, 51.87K)

I get the feeling you're a big William Blake fan

God I wish they would bring back Itagaki and make one more Ninja Gaiden game. Like NG2 but more complex and with more gore.
I was obsessed sith NG1 & NG2, it would be so great to experience something like it again.

so what happens when you beat DMD prologue?

Nothing

JFSMU
also I dislike how the alt costumes are locked behind DLC, that feels very jew-y to me

DMC5 perfected video game combat:
>plenty of moves
>feels great to combo between them
>lots of fodder to let you practice
>some challenging enemies to keep you on your toes
>bosses are a good climax that will test your reflexes
>banging soundtrack
>good character mechanics
its only flaw is that trish and lady arent playable and V fucking sucks

>alt costumes
Yeah but 4 had none until SE lmao

Because it's far better than any other action game.

V isn't THAT bad. Shadow and Griffin are inspired choices at least. I just wish he had Phantom too, maybe at the end of combo strings like Bayo's wicked weaves.

too bad game is so retarded that it locks good difficulties behind multiple playtroughs, even nuGow was better because that retardness.

No? You unlock HoH after beating DMD urizen

thats fair, but trying to get through DMD with him feels awful relative to the other characters

>, even nuGow was better because that retardness.
By turning game into slog with you dealing piss poor damage and enemies one shoting you?

Do you? I thought you unlock HaH after beating HoH which you unlock by completing SoS

That's how you unlock it in DMC4

oneshot is totally ok, you need to crowdcontrol on higher difficulties only because scrab mobs can turn into minibosses

Not him but breakers and air taunts. I’m still pissed they removed drive from rebellion and have no hand to hand moves when doing round trip(well 4 too).

Here's a little fun detail I haven't seen anybody point out over the years.

The soldiers at the start of mission 01 in DMC5 (aka the crewcuts) are actually reused assets from Capcom's beloved and massively successful e-sports title UMBRELLA CORPS!! You didn't forget about Umbrella Corps did you? A lot of people think RE7 was the first Capcom game to use photogrammetry but it was actually this game. Also they decided to use Unity for this game, for some reason.... probably because the RE engine wasn't done yet and some executive probably heard it was the cool new thing.

It's interesting how such a poorly received game was actually laying the groundwork for a lot of Capcom's current tech.

Attached: Umbrella Corps DMC5.jpg (3304x2912, 1.01M)

>UMBRELLA CORPS
No wonder why no one realized. RE DMC cross over?

Nah it no masterpiece
Boring worlds

DMC1 is the only good game in this series.

Cool contrarian reddit opinion bro, I bet you take your coffee black and think Dark Souls is the pinnacle of game design as well.

>RE DMC cross over?

DMC5 has a lot of assets from RE7, the mannequins are for example used in mission 02's shopping windows.

So, most of the budget went into animations and the DMC characters’ custom clothes?

>So, most of the budget went into animations and the DMC characters’ custom clothes?

Most of the budget probably went into retooling the RE engine to handle 60 fps action games, but I don't know if I would consider this part of DMC5's budget or just a general Capcom R&D investment. Generally cutscenes and animations tend to take the most time and money to make.

Attached: BaitStyle.png (625x626, 74.43K)

Are bayonetta, DMC, and the old Ninja Gaiden games the only games in this genre?
I can't find anything else like them and it's fucking grim considering all of those except DMC are dead.

Attached: 1649734549178.jpg (741x900, 100K)

Plenty of DMC clones from the PS2 era but a lot of them are low budget/licensed games and not really worth bothering with.

MGR, W101, TMNT, Transformers Devastation, God Hand.

>So, most of the budget went into animations and the DMC characters’ custom clothes?

Paying for custom-made clothing and then just scanning them is most likely cheaper and more efficient than making HD models by hand. The workload increase for character models in DMC4 was supposedly huge and it would no doubt been even bigger for DMC5.

Attached: 1565643232096.jpg (3795x3440, 2.62M)

onimusha, old god of war

WHERE'S YOUR ACCELERATION?

Attached: Vergilmobile.jpg (1024x576, 104.08K)

Is there a reason Dante and Vergil lack arms? Does it save a little bit of time with rendering?

dmc ended at 3

I'm guessing its done to avoid clipping issues with the coats while also taking up less resources.

Does anyone know where these renders come from?

Attached: dante 3.jpg (236x512, 64.09K)

I like how their ragdoll physics let you knock a few of them down the bridge into the area where the red empusa is, but you have to REALLY work for it, otherwise they barely move

astral chain apart from what everyone else has mentioned. also aztez for an indie example. viewtiful joe too depending on where you draw the line between beat em ups and action games

Attached: devil-may-cry-5-devil-may-cry-nero-devil-may-cry-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg (728x647, 152.86K)

Bought the PS5 version after having played the PS4 version and yeah, going back to the starting moveset was painful.

Dont you get some kind of bonus if you have a PS4 savefile?

>Vergil is available from the start in 6 and is part of the story
What does he keep and how does he change, aside from obviously keeping Yamato and Mirage Blades?

Attached: alexandr-kaidalov-hell-pf-s.jpg (1455x688, 284.29K)

I want Nelo Angelo's sword as his charge weapon. Make the fireballs the same input as drive so we don't lose them for the sake of charging the blade though.

Do you think we'll ever see mundus again? And if so, how do you think he could become a realistic threat without introducing a new mcguffin? Time travel?

Nice quints
>the Qlipoth tree is dead, but Dante and Vergil accidentally left a few roots alive
>Moond Ass consumes them and gets a powerup
I'm sure they can come up with an excuse if they want him back, DMC lore is pretty malleable.

Do you think we'll ever see anything related to Sparda again?
Or hell, even some sort of prequel related to him?

Attached: 1643434834114.jpg (399x399, 28.72K)

The anime wasted the idea of Sparda having apprentices so I'd like to see the next game reuse the concept.

checked

Attached: 1642843798751.jpg (344x380, 20K)

>tfw Trish will never get her own animations instead of rehashed sloppy seconds.

Attached: 1649505483978.gif (500x281, 681.29K)

>Trish
>Lady
who cares

>Dante wielding Ebony without Ivory
Deeply cursed, something I should not have seen.