Neverwinter nights

On chapter 2 want to finally finish this game but its a slog, any mods that make the UI less aids?

Attached: nwn.png (364x273, 101.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eFoaFw0MqMY
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/lord-terror-diablo-campaign
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You seem to have made the mistake of playing the original campaign. SoU and HotU are much better

You have a long way to go pal.

i played the campaign everyone says is great and it was just running around killing a bunch of gnolls in a boring snow area

Yes, you begin at fucking level 1. If you don't know how DnD games progress you may want to jump straight into HotU at level 20 with no clue what's going on

I felt like the first chapter is the most fun since you're discovering shit and your character grows
the most fun I had in the rest of the game was just trying new shit and equipment

should I create a new character for the expacs or use the one I used to beat the main campaign?

>THERE WILL NEVER BE A NWN3

Attached: caine.jpg (500x499, 66.82K)

The one with the dark elves is better. It has a better ending and it's high level.

Just skip to Hordes of the Underdark and fuck Nathyrra

And that's a good thing. 5e is shit

BG3 is close enough, or should I say Divinity OS3.

Just play Dance with Rogues it is way better anyway.

I threw away my NWN1 disk halfway through.
NWN2 was so much better.

Is that "Enhanced Edition" any good, or is it what you expect from Beamdog, a pile of shit?

The last time that was even close to a good idea was a decade ago.

but the main campaign has story connections, my ocd demands I do it first

It gets worse and repetitive but with patient you can finish it.

I would just play NWN2 and ignore 1 because its extremely dated now.

I've already played 2, I want to play 1 so when I replay 2 I have proper context this time as some same areas are used etc

I wouldn't because NWN2 runs like shit due to bad programming and has AI so bad it interferes with you when it's turned off.

Fuck you all I like Elanee

There are some slight improvements and they didn't fuck it up like with Baldurs Gate.
It's good, although the asking price is insane.

>died saving me
feelsbad, fuck that tiefling cunt though

Attached: 1418360151950.jpg (250x242, 7.46K)

Unfortunately it didnt age too well. The campaign qas better when you could find a group of friends or something to so the later chaptwrs because you could split up some tasks or roll through as a group. It is very slow solo. Playing by yourself, only chapter 1 and the xpacs are really worth playing.

I liked the original campaign, fuck you
youtube.com/watch?v=eFoaFw0MqMY

so there are no UI mods?

>UI less aids
there were mods for camera and UI but you have to hax the exe and it breaks multiplayer.
plus the mod sites no longer exist / were redone for no good reason and thousands of mods were lost to time
idk which I haven't played nwn in years

Play the fanmade modules, there are some seriously fucking good ones.

NWN 2 is only behind Planescape and Baldurs gate 1/2 for me

>should I create a new character for the expacs or use the one I used to beat the main campaign?
New one for SoU, then import it for HotU. OC is a separate module

This. Swordflight and Dance with Rogues are great.

The Charwood sidequest makes the original campaign worth playing.

>last played jan
>have to navigate the awful journal and look at items to remember what the fuck I was doing

Finished the game thrice.
100% achievements
Legit, the only good chapter is the first one. And then maybe the last DLC about the underdark.
Literally every other content of this game is fucking trash.
Very sad indeed.

why did you finish it 3 times if its garbage

Its solid and I think the steam version is compatible with a new version of the old mod pack so you can get all the expanded races and classes to really mix up your game.

Because I love D&D and there is very few games that can translate the 3rd edition rules.

The UI is great.

I got so fucking sick of the campaigns in this game. How can one start getting into the multiplayer side of things?

i wouldn't bother. the glory days are over. it seems like the only people still around are legitimately autistic and so there's never ending drama

>D&D
lmao

Attached: 741.png (812x604, 419.71K)

They've been slowly making their way through all of the lore and retconning descriptions etc since the height of Critical Role and other D&D shows.

What a shame. I find the idea of persistent worlds very unique.

>SoU and HotU are much better
This

nobody cares anymore and all of the writers who had talent are long gone, the niggers can have D&D

What the fuck else do you think you ought to be doing at level 1?

>NWN1
>Toolset
>Players can create whatever they like
>Shitload of modules
>Any modern ""RPG""
>No toolset
>No mods
WHAT went wrong?

i unironically think you have to be slightly autistic to love this game

and yes, nwn is one of my favourite games

Just play the many wonderful fan made modules instead. I recomend Swordflight or Star Wars Legends of the Old Republic.

Attached: Star-Wars-Legends-of_0000.jpg (1280x720, 260.84K)

5e is unironically great for video games if for nothing else but for no 10 minute long rebuffing sessions after every single fucking rest

Eye of the beholder is pretty fucking good too

>awful journal
It literally lists your quests like a fucking retarded MMO and actually tells you openly what you have to do for each one. What the fuck else do you need? Markers on the minimap?

The best module I played was a remake of Diablo 1. There have been multiple versions of it throughout the years but this one added plot and more content

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/lord-terror-diablo-campaign

Attached: modulescreenshot1a.jpg (750x750, 158.47K)

No.

what are the other games that pull it off?

Pathfinder, son

>Actually playing the campaigns

Attached: 634.png (556x718, 609.77K)

Temple of Elemental Evil
Pathfinder is a travesty of min/max bullshit and unbalanced encounters

Wow, thought I was looking at some KOTOR mod at first. I think it ran on the same engine, though?

The modding communities of NWN1 and 2 were insane back then.

Yes.

Just quit already, you obviously dont have the patience for it and your adhd is flaring up.

Attached: 1649076068947.jpg (400x400, 79.71K)

lol