Magic is no easy mode

>low vigor, can't wear armor -> everything oneshots you
>spells take longer than melee attacks, while doing less damage
>still need to dodge flawlessly, as every enemy worth a shit has a ranged option or jump attack

Fuck STR Chuds for spreading the myth mages have it easy and didn't beat the game.

Attached: elden ring sellen1.png (727x490, 674.51K)

You didnt beat the game :)

MASTER I KNEEL!!!

Attached: Screenshot (85).png (1920x1080, 3.46M)

what's the lore behind her being barefoot in a cold damp cave?

unless you break etiquette magic is unbearable as fuck in pvp
>let opponent prepare
>he casts his entire FP bar on you without letting you approach
stars of ruin is stupid

Who is stopping you from leveling them? Magic takes just as many points to level than str or dex.
Not true but also why would they need to be both faster and deal more damage?
>still need to dodge flawlessly, as every enemy worth a shit has a ranged option or jump attack
"Waaaah the enemy wont just sit afk while i spam projectiles at it"

It just you my mage have both vigor and armor with shield
Correct
You can block them

Cuz she's expecting a Foot Slave. Anyone who glances at her feet and stares at them will become her apprentice, while those that do not will be instantly killed.

>Magic is no easy mode
Well it is, same as powerstancing strength builds, dex/bleed builds.
The game is only challenging if you're purposely choosing to use a meme-build

Attached: beamed5.webm (1024x576, 2.94M)

STR is and always has been EASY MODE. These fags larp as like they some super special Guts fag, but in reality, they are noobs.

Attached: STR EZ MODE.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

>low vigor, can't wear armor
level vigor
level stamina

whats the fucking issue lol

>Magic is no easy mode
Yes, it's very easy, you just rock sling everything and comet azur bosses.
>overleveled with a +25 weapon fighting a starting area boss

he is just massively overlevelled. erdtree avatar swings kill you in 3 blows normally

she's perfect

too round for my tastes

sl150 is you answer

didn't they nerf the range? is this old?

You can have a build with 80 Int, 50 vigor and 30 mind at 120 if you use a soreseal, which really isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

>soreseal
>"why am I getting one shot"
Bruh just drop it. The game was balanced around sl 150 at late game and ng+ cycles. This is not DS time to forget your sentimental attachement to the rules of that game. No build is truly complete before sl 150 they are all gimped in some way like you using a soreseal.

WOULD BE NICE IF ARMOUR HAD SOME FUCKING EFFECT IN THIS GAME
NO WONDER PEOPLE PLAY NAKED

but muh beam though!

>No build is truly complete before sl 150
i don't know about that. unga bunga STR doesn't really require that much stat investment. feels pretty much done by 120

it has you just need supplementary gear to boost it further
heavy armor on its own makes a small but noticeable difference
heavy armor+the dragon greatshield talisman makes a huge fuck difference
running a strength build with this set up and I am a viable tank

What's stopping you? Staves aren't exactly heavy.
Pebble or swift shard early on. Carian slicer is the best dps in the game. Adula's Moonblade later.
And you skip 2/3 of their moveset.

it doesnt. 60 VIG and 80 STR alone take you above 120, and then some endurance and mind would be necessary as well

You barely even need 80 STR

You can go high vigor though. If you want to go glass cannon fine but thats a self imposed handicap

>heavy armor has you take half damage, needing to do twice as many mistakes in a row to die
>makes your estus heal twice as much effective health
>no effect

I like how on one hand retards like you spout the "armor doesn't matter" meme and then on the other hand say soreseals are unusable, when all they do is reduce your armor stats a bit.

>etiquette
lol
lmao

Magic is hard mode early game and becomes pissbabby easy mode by late game. I swapped to pure str/dex off of my int build because I was just murdering fucking everything with my epic death laser and death moon and death pebbles.

soreseals are a liability late game and at high levels
heavy armor matters with supplementary gear
why the fuck would I want to gimp my heavy armor with a soreseal? also +15% (or +10% with heavy armor on) is not a "bit"
it is a big difference and no the extra stats of the soreseal do not cover up for that debuff
you are less survivable in all situations

Just because a softcap exists doesn't mean you have to hit it.
The difference between 45 and 60 VIG is like 300hp.
If you're two handing with 66 STR you hit the hard cap.
You can make a lot of things work with just 20 END.

what set is that? maiden altered?

very true sister, when i played i leveled int/mind together to lvl 91 and nothing else.

Endure, idiot

STR builds are the strongest in ER, you can stagger almost anything including bosses.
There's nothing more satisfying than BONKing Malenia's skull and seeing her stagger like the little bitch she is.

just use comet azur

except it is

It feels like stats mean shit all to me, most of my attack power seems to be from my weapon upgrades. I have 80 Arc at 100 for muh item drop rate.

meant in duels
unless you want to be out-healed as a summon or sent home

>meant in duels
Yeah, I know

That's just how from games are. Anyone not softcapping vig first are fools.

I made an int/dex build but I barely ever use any magic, I just run in with my cold enchanted claws and mash r1

lol block or dodge nigger. It's piss easy to use the scarseal until the haligtree, at which point what does being three-hit mean over two-hit if you get gangfucked either way

then most people are just going to heal or use finger severer if you don't respect those unwritten rules

I once got summoned for mohg with two mages. I was getting ready to tank and draw aggro for them. They lasered mohg as soon as fight started, and rekt him so hard we never got to phase 2.

What if I told you that the difference is being 2 hit and being 4 hit
heavy armor makes a difference and it is mandatory for strength builds where you are expected to get hit
if you are above sl 100 drop the soreseal you are fucking yourself over

How do I save her Yea Forums?

Attached: RDT_20220413_175440973462300259322692.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

You don't as that's what she wanted in the first place

Normally I'd agree with you for other Souls games, but here mages focus endurance for that stamina and so they get to wear the heaviest armor. STR is still incredibly easy though, but then again so is DEX.

>take her Primal Glintstone out again
>put it in an another body
Problem solved if the game bothered to do anything with the NPCs other that give them le bad ending

But, how will I enjoy her natural beauty?

Attached: RDT_20220413_1754474894671256618997955.png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

who said she needs saving?

Attached: illust_97321894_20220413_091917.png (569x547, 248.24K)

Imagine being inside that cramped ball together with sellen doing nothing but playing videogames, drinking and eating whatever we want, shitposting on Yea Forums, learning magic and having hot steamy sex every day.

>Stars of ruin
Absolutely bullshit spell to be sure however if you spam bloodhound step you can dodge the entire thing without taking any damage while at the same time advancing on the mage. Also use the crimsonwhorl bubbletear in your physick to completely turn enemy magic off for 15 seconds

Attached: 1649311749688.jpg (720x720, 55.81K)

Attached: 1581961196749.png (760x570, 351.44K)

She's not actually there user. That woman is an illusion.

>manfaced troglodyte
Yikes.

Sounds like this well get boring and stale within a month.

>Starting area boss
Looks like Altus Plains to me.

They nerfed the version from the sword of N&F not the actual comet spell

Only an actual heavy set does anything, the other 90% of the armor sets in the game do basically nothing and exist only for fashion

Do what I do. Build for magic and then play melee anyway cause it's more fun.

None of that matters once you get Comet Azur and delete bosses before they can even reach you.